Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Jimmy
Jul 5, 2006

Hobo Clown posted:

Sam interned for Scorch back in the day, right? I think I figured out who Ant's replacement is.

That would be loving fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRACK FIRE BEATS
Sep 11, 2001

mcmagic posted:

6 Cents a share? That is a tad hard to believe...

2/11/2009 SIRI closed at 0.055.

http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/siri/historical

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
I support an Opie & Fez show because I want to hear the trainwreck of a lame duck show that management won't offer a new contract to because both people are massive pains in the rear end.

mousetrench
Apr 3, 2008

We need to paint inspirational murals in urban areas.
They got one here of a hotdog stabbin Ghandi while he's sittin on the toilet cryin.
It says "may ur dreams soar forever...."

Apoplexy posted:

Yeah, but gently caress that guy. He deserved to have his poo poo taken away from him. Why the gently caress are you giving a poo poo and taking up arms to defend an old racist millionaire gently caress in his 80s who was banging a mixed-race girl in her 20s? He clearly doesn't need any help from you.

It's like you don't understand how important precedence is. You can't just argue in favor of applying a standard to one specific person because they happen to be a rich racist rear end in a top hat who deserved it and expect that to have no effect on the standards that get applied to other people in the future.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

mousetrench posted:

It's like you don't understand how important precedence is. You can't just argue in favor of applying a standard to one specific person because they happen to be a rich racist rear end in a top hat who deserved it and expect that to have no effect on the standards that get applied to other people in the future.

Good thing there's plenty of precedence with poor people getting hosed over by at-will employment. Didn't really matter to a lot of people until now all of the sudden???

mousetrench
Apr 3, 2008

They got one here of a hotdog stabbin Ghandi while he's sittin on the toilet cryin.

ozza posted:

Yeah I think Ron absolutely has to own every room he's in, which leads to him relentlessly picking on his co-hosts, producers etc.

This is why I grew to love Dave with Sam even more than Dave with Ron. RIP and scissors down. :(

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Tomahawk posted:

Good thing there's plenty of precedence with poor people getting hosed over by at-will employment. Didn't really matter to a lot of people until now all of the sudden???

The working class aren't people. A bloo bloo bloo. *Uncle Toms for rich, white cunts*

mousetrench
Apr 3, 2008

Tomahawk posted:

I disagree. I think it's a bad thing that there's plenty of precedence with poor people getting hosed over.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Do you guys think Ant could have escaped the firing if he apologized?

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I don't think he would have had a chance to. Once the hours and hours of racist clips and thousands of past tweets started showing up in the news/blog stories it was beyond that. This wasn't an isolated use of a word that can be apologized for, it was a past history of a belief in racist ideology and propagation of it.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

So, is the show live today?

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

spudsbuckley posted:

No. Best Of.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

No, Eric Logan is the only one who could have saved him.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Any pics of the protest? I sincerely hope they actually showed up with signs with Howard stern in blackface. ...that'll show siriusxm....

Dazh
Jul 9, 2008

mousetrench posted:

I gave up when they started for-real comparing Ant to Hitler. Usually a good time to duck out.

spudsbuckley posted:

Who knows? Everyone cancelled their subs in outrage. Congrats Sirius, now you're dead.

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Tomahawk posted:

Any pics of the protest? I sincerely hope they actually showed up with signs with Howard stern in blackface. ...that'll show siriusxm....

According to my secret sources reddit, a total of 4 people showed up to protest.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

ozza posted:

According to my secret sources reddit, a total of 4 people showed up to protest.

Well, they still signed the petition on change.org multiple times and that was the hard part.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Is there a place to find the LFTC episodes besides the 4 on iTunes? I've never heard the Bobo episode.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I think the Bobo episode was wisely wiped from existence, unless someone ripped it and posted it elsewhere.

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Now with protest picture

https://twitter.com/OandAProtest/status/486128385824149504

#IstandwithAnthony

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!

Tomahawk posted:

Hayburner
Jan 29, 2005

hi

Tomahawk posted:

http://telly.com/1MPDQMX

Tr33
May 26, 2007

The :ughh: at the end pretty much says it all.

Stotty
Apr 5, 2004

That is almost a very unfortunate (or very fitting) logo on that T-shirt

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

When you realize there are two people there why even leave the car? Just keep driving/walking.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I think that's actually a Live From The Compound shirt.

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Looks like ol' antface made the trek down, too. If Lady Di blunders her way down, I'm willing to call the protest a roaring success.

Stotty
Apr 5, 2004

Kevyn posted:

I think that's actually a Live From The Compound shirt.

Wow, ok. I guess the very closely modelled on a swastika is a deliberate choice then.

Stotty fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Jul 7, 2014

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Realistically, if Sirius loses O&A how bad will it hurt them from a subscription standpoint?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Stotty posted:

Wow, ok. I guess the very closely modelled on a swastika is a deliberate choice then.

Ahahahahaha

Pictured: Not a racist.

Ahahahahahahaha

This is brilliant. You've got to feel like a dickhead when the only other person who came to the protest is loving Bobo.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

OldTennisCourt posted:

Realistically, if Sirius loses O&A how bad will it hurt them from a subscription standpoint?

Well, the Change dot org has about 11k signatures. So I'm guessing half that many people cancel their subs?

Tr33
May 26, 2007

I highly doubt this will hurt sirius in the long run. I mean few thousand cancellations out of 25 million is nothing and the PR for firing a racist is going to be good for them. And really most people arn't going to give a poo poo in 2 weeks.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

OldTennisCourt posted:

Nobody can guess. They've never released numbers (beyond saying that they're the second most listened to show on the platform) and most of the big fans steal the show in a variety of ways (palchat/live streams/mp3s/youtube)

If you just go from the base price and Ant's reported salary, they'd have to lose 158,000 subscribers to offset the benefit of getting rid of Anthony's salary (rumored to be 3 mil a year)

And they're still doing the new car deals which is where most of their growth seems to be coming from.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Well, the Change dot org has about 11k signatures. So I'm guessing half that many people cancel their subs?

I'm sure none of those are duplicates.

Meanwhile on reddit people are talking about watching LFTC dozens of times to get Anthony's numbers up and making a ton of gawker parachute accounts to harass some journalist.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Also, if half of o&as listeners are still truckers, they're not going to lose those subs.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Tomahawk posted:

I'm sure none of those are duplicates.

Meanwhile on reddit people are talking about watching LFTC dozens of times to get Anthony's numbers up and making a ton of gawker parachute accounts to harass some journalist.

Isn't harassing someone and bullying them into changing their opinions the exact thing that Anthony, Opie and Lil Jimmy all pretend to hate when it's someone being fired for being a racist?

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Stotty posted:

Oh look, 2 racists and 3/4s of a swastika.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Breaking News: Stalker Patti has shown up to the protest! And Sam was giving away signed pictures.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Sam's head is really big.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

therealjon_ posted:

Sam's head is really big.
All that HGH he had pumped into him at 14 when he wasn't growing. He's got the melon of an MMA fighter without the body to match.

• Locked thread