Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Zuniga broke Neymar's butt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003
It can never be too cold.

Bobo the Red posted:

That ref was special. Literal back breaking fouls, and the cards were all bullshit (except for Silva who is a giant idiot).
Well regarding that yellow...

Bobo the Red
Aug 14, 2004
Lay off the marmot

As much as I don't want Getmany winning, gently caress that appeal. Dude charged the goalie like a moron, the yellow was automatic and deserved. And gently caress him for saying that he was running back to defend and couldn't avoid it, that's just horseshit. At least own up to loving your team over

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
That appeal is pretty much just pro forma. There is no cost to it, even though it is a long shot, so most teams will try it in the rare time this happens in a single elimination tournament. Real appealed Xabi Alonso's yellow that kept him out of the UCL's final.

By the way, I wouldn't be surprised if Brazil played its best game of the WC this tuesday. Not that this means that they will win, but Brazil with Neymar was really predictable and easy to defend, as he is good enough to destroy the Croatias and Cameroons of the world, but not so much against tougher opposition.

dilbertschalter
Jan 12, 2010

Gigi Galli posted:

He was quite good for a few years, then turned in to a little whiny baby, then broke completely for a whole season. PSG offered Milan 30 million for him right before he turned in a total crock and then we ended up selling him for 8 or something. Im still mad.

A lot of people blamed Milan's medical staff but it turns out that he's just not fit all the time now.

hey, if it weren't for him we might be talking today about how leonardo led inter to an incredible surge for the title in 2011. a true hero, imo.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
With Neymar and Silva out for the Germany match, I can only see Referinho get them to the final.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

ephex posted:

With Neymar and Silva out for the Germany match, I can only see Referinho get them to the final.

and he will have all the cards too

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Teron D Amun posted:

and he will have all the cards too

lol

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
The CBF says Santos' doctor and physio went to Neymar's house and recommended them to infiltrate Neymar so he could play a hypothetical final and they are PISSED because if he had followed that recommendation then his career might have been ruined or even his ability to walk in the future.

Santos are obviously still pissed they only got like 30m out of the Barca deal.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother
Melhores momentos de Fred na Copa 2014:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBPniUlX52E

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

:golfclap:

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I want to see Germany bite it, but they won't.

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

Zeluth posted:

I want to see Germany bite it, but they won't.

Same.

538 and various other bullshit stats merchants outlets still have Bra as favourites, but, I'm having trouble seeing it.
I had that foreboding/trepidation coming into the tournament, and this really put the icing on that cake.

If it does all go horrible, I'd prefer Argentina to take it, over Germany.
In either event the England tears will be great. Potentially England stop singing, two world wars and one world cup. (unlikely I think)

I can't abide Robben/Holland and I'll be super happy if they slide into 4th.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

url posted:

If it does all go horrible, I'd prefer Argentina to take it, over Germany.

Are you Brazilian?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Don't get how people are ripping on Brazil's team. Their strikeforce sucks (though I have no idea how good their Brazil-based backups are) but their midfield and defense would walk into most top national teams. Even without Neymar and Silva they still have a solid spine. I'm of the impression Scolari just isn't setting them up very well.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
They're not playing particularly well and kicking the poo poo out of other teams

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
I think Neymar is an overrated ninny and they could do alright without him, but Thiago Silva is an incredible footballer and I can't see them doing much without him

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rip

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Vegetable posted:

Don't get how people are ripping on Brazil's team. Their strikeforce sucks (though I have no idea how good their Brazil-based backups are) but their midfield and defense would walk into most top national teams. Even without Neymar and Silva they still have a solid spine. I'm of the impression Scolari just isn't setting them up very well.

their strikeforce is actually great, they cleared a lot of favelas

Bobo the Red
Aug 14, 2004
Lay off the marmot

Jose posted:

They're not playing particularly well and kicking the poo poo out of other teams

And now that we have an excuse to lose, that will never change :(

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Normally I am pretty indifferent to Brazil winning, but Brazil playing their best game without Neymar would be great.

Edit: Bernard starting.

joepinetree fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jul 8, 2014

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.
:getin:

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
lmao Brazil are some loving poo poo fail rear end bitches

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
RIP to everyone who's going to die tonight in Brazil

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ahauaeheuehehue puta que pariu que jogo de merda

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

didn't realize neymar was a defender

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
I wonder how many of this team will ever play for Brazil again

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Guys. Guys.

Dias posted:

We're gonna get smashed by Germany so bad.

Not even Poland fell this fast to a German offensive.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csEjC_az1CI

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother

Vegetable posted:

Don't get how people are ripping on Brazil's team. Their strikeforce sucks (though I have no idea how good their Brazil-based backups are) but their midfield and defense would walk into most top national teams. Even without Neymar and Silva they still have a solid spine.

Bobo the Red
Aug 14, 2004
Lay off the marmot
Guys, they found a way to get Scolari fired!

Please break 8, Germans

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Neymar's sponsors must be so happy right now. I bet Zuniga is getting a bonus.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
As my grandfather used to say: Desculpa da vergonha que eu tô passando...

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Holy poo poo I never seen a team play so poo poo in my entire life. And I dealt with a relegation, a 4-0 while relegated and overall a whole decade of Grêmio. I was expecting a 2-0 and some Neymar excuses, not...this. Holy poo poo.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Yeah I knew Brazil was going to lose but this is ridiculous

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Dias posted:

Guys. Guys.

Not even Poland fell this fast to a German offensive.

France did, though.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Mickolution posted:

France did, though.

At least they offered some...résistance.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

People at my home are burning fred effigies atm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

TheLovablePlutonis posted: