Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Austin earnestly asking Curry Man if he ever poo poo his pants in the ring shouldn't have been as hilarious as it was... but it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

btw here are the definitive regions of the u.s. neither texas nor california nor a lot else is in the south

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

keevo posted:

I tried listening to both Russo episodes but I had to turn it off after a while. Along with the stupid poo poo he's saying, I can't stand the way he talks. Hearing Russo say "Let me tell you something Steve" and "You know, I'll be honest with you Steve" made me irrationally angry.

It's because Russo always talks like he's delivering a promo. Starting a sentence with "Let me tell you something..." tends to mean that you have a 'message' that you want to get across, which also means you don't have belief in what you're saying. He's trying to be authoritive.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

In the latest "the list of wrestlers without a podcast is shorter than the list of wrestlers who do" news, Karl Anderson and Rocky Romero have a new podcast called "Talkin Shop" starting tomorrow on the MLW network (it's a free show though so you don't need VIP).

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Kevin Smith on the latest episode of Smodcast sings "It's Been a While"

All I could think was... Kevin Smith could eat a horse.

:v:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

flashy_mcflash posted:

In the latest "the list of wrestlers without a podcast is shorter than the list of wrestlers who do" news, Karl Anderson and Rocky Romero have a new podcast called "Talkin Shop" starting tomorrow on the MLW network (it's a free show though so you don't need VIP).

I have to admit I'm kind of interested in hearing what Karl Anderson has to say, considering how successful he has been despite never working for any of the MAJOR American promotions that I'm aware of (the NWA wasn't a major American promotion anymore when he worked for it).

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Jerusalem posted:

I have to admit I'm kind of interested in hearing what Karl Anderson has to say, considering how successful he has been despite never working for any of the MAJOR American promotions that I'm aware of (the NWA wasn't a major American promotion anymore when he worked for it).

I'd love a solid sit down interview with Karl Anderson, but I'm not sure I need to hear him host a podcast of his own.

On another note, I loved Dave talking about the Christmas Ham giveaway.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

triplexpac posted:

I'd love a solid sit down interview with Karl Anderson, but I'm not sure I need to hear him host a podcast of his own.

On another note, I loved Dave talking about the Christmas Ham giveaway.

His AoW from a couple years ago is really good. Obviously it doesn't cover the Bullet Club but does cover his start in the business.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I'm fine with the Anderson one if only because it'll offer a perspective of Japan that the others can't provide.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Apparently it's a good show, but that's according to bullshit artist and MLW proprietor Court Bauer. I'll say this for the MLW podcasts -- they've managed to get a nice spectrum of people to do these shows; Bauer and Pollock for the news aspect, MLW itself with some lucha and developmental perspectives, Bullet Club with a Japanese-focused show (I assume), Cornette for a Southern autist viewpoint, etc.

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!

Skunkrocker posted:

Kevin Smith on the latest episode of Smodcast sings "It's Been a While"

All I could think was... Kevin Smith could eat a horse.

:v:

That loving song is getting around so much lately. I heard it on a local alt rock station the other day. The 00's revival is happening way too early

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Granny's Gang:

:whatup:

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
http://ec.libsyn.com/p/6/1/9/619847...58&c_id=7344798

First ep of Karl Anderson's and Rocky Romero's podcast, with Doc Gallows.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

After listening to Austin's podcast with Daniels, I'm now hoping to hear in a few weeks that Austin has downloaded Comixology on his iPad and is reading Archie comics on it.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Dunbar posted:

After listening to Austin's podcast with Daniels, I'm now hoping to hear in a few weeks that Austin has downloaded Comixology on his iPad and is reading Archie comics on it.

Maybe if they could afford to sponsor him and buy the ad time!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Doc Gallows is popping me on this MLW podcast dude has a ton of personality

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

epitasis posted:

His Art of Wrestlings were awesome but like a lot of Bullet Clubers he doesn't know when to stop or let things breath.

Liked the first episode.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dunbar posted:

Haha, I was trying to imagine Daniels' face after talking about the Claremont/Byrne run on Uncanny X-Men and having Austin respond with,"Yeah I used to read Richie Rich but I was mostly into it for the art."

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I didn't think Austin's ad copy reads could be better than the Sherry's Berries ads, but oh god him talking about Deer Hunter and equipping the shotgun as a secondary in case you get charged by goats is sublime.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Next year, party at Dave's house!!!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

triplexpac posted:

Maybe if they could afford to sponsor him and buy the ad time!

I guess Amazon just don't have that sweet, sweet LegalZoom money.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

triplexpac posted:

Next year, party at Dave's house!!!

Bryan bringing up the shed full of tapes and Dave quickly going "nonono" was great.

I would actually go to WM31 if Dave let me go through the shed.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

epitasis posted:

It was kind of crazy how much personality he has that you never seemed to see in either WWE or TNA. Even in NJPW he seems to mostly be the loud angry cursing dude.

I enjoyed their show (Anderson's "I'm trying to talk slowly and not slur my words but I'm quite obviously drunk" intro was great) but 35 minutes was way too short, they spent most of their time worrying about how much time they had left.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

PSPC: If you did a special episode on Japanese wrestling, would it have to be The Twenty Count instead?

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
Punchsport 10castwhatevers:

Given that "He will debut as Stardust" was not really an option when you did your six month predictions for Cody Rhodes, do you still stand by said predictions?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

ExplodeYourself posted:

Punchsport 10castwhatevers:

Given that "He will debut as Stardust" was not really an option when you did your six month predictions for Cody Rhodes, do you still stand by said predictions?

I'm pretty sure "just a guy" was on the poll

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

oatgan posted:

I'm pretty sure "just a guy" was on the poll

Except the fact he is not just a guy. He is SSSSSSSSSSSSTARDUST

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Podcasters:

Do you think Cena will surpass Hogan and Backlund to be the second longest reigning WWE champion?

sticklefifer and I have been debating it over the past two days in the WWE discussion thread, and I don't see it as likely considering his age and the fact he has about 1000 days to go. He on the other hand sees him sticking around for another 15 or so years and points out that he'd only need about 2 months a year on average as champ.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
You have to account for all the muscle tears and other injuries Cena would have in those 15 years though.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The question someone asked Dave today about a rival promoter sticking a duplicate snake into the ring to "shoot" bite Randy Savage might be peak internet wrestling idiocy. I sincerely hope it was a joke just designed to make Dave sigh.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Tato posted:

The question someone asked Dave today about a rival promoter sticking a duplicate snake into the ring to "shoot" bite Randy Savage might be peak internet wrestling idiocy. I sincerely hope it was a joke just designed to make Dave sigh.

I don't know how someone could hear that and think it was anything other than trolling.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I dunno, that snake's shoot interview was very convincing.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Was hoping he'd sell it legit.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Tato posted:

Haven't heard this but it can't be worse than during a sin limite someone asked if Bret would go along with the Montreal screwjob if it was a work to make him a giant babyface in WCW or something. I can't remember the question itself but I remember being baffled that anyone would think that that was possible.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
At this point I enjoy seeing what stupid questions can make it to air. I can only hear Dave answer questions about the Screwjob so often.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Nothing will ever top the Mr. Burns question.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

mariooncrack posted:

Haven't heard this but it can't be worse than during a sin limite someone asked if Bret would go along with the Montreal screwjob if it was a work to make him a giant babyface in WCW or something. I can't remember the question itself but I remember being baffled that anyone would think that that was possible.
Kanyon once said Bret told him that this is exactly how it went down.

Russo worked for the company at the time, remember, so there's an outside shot everybody knew. But probably not.

Edit: I should clarify that by "everybody," I just mean the main players. But again, most-likely not.

LividLiquid fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jul 8, 2014

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

Tato posted:

It was obviously joking

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Jericho has Christian on his podcast tonight, with Eve set for later this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

I wonder if his podcast will go kayfabe now that he is active again.

• Locked thread