Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

I guess we are getting The Atom next season instead of the previously speculated Blue Beetle. I assume this fulfills the "We wanted this one DC character and they told us 'no, but you can have this other guy'" statement? Link: http://tvline.com/2014/07/07/arrow-brandon-routh-the-atom-season-3/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Amell cameo on Harley Quinn's comic. He looks like dork :v:

EDIT:^^HOLY poo poo :aaa:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Supes took one hell of a downgrade

e: But holy poo poo more super powers yesssssssss

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

That should be really interesting!

I think the only casting (and superhero) choice that I'm not super stoked about is Devon Aoki, but hopefully that turns out well too.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Another John C. McGinley role that could have been <:mad:>

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Klungar posted:

I guess we are getting The Atom next season instead of the previously speculated Blue Beetle. I assume this fulfills the "We wanted this one DC character and they told us 'no, but you can have this other guy'" statement? Link: http://tvline.com/2014/07/07/arrow-brandon-routh-the-atom-season-3/

It is really that shocking since they already had His wife on the show

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Bad Moon posted:

Another John C. McGinley role that could have been <:mad:>

That could have been fun but according to the article they're once again making the guest super hero a potential love interest for Felicity so they kind of had to go younger.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Reading back the TVline article is pretty obvious they were using placeholders names:

AKIKO | Toshi’s wife is another of Oliver’s Hong Kong caretakers, and is herself highly skilled in martial arts. Katana

TOSHI | Majorly recurring in (at least) the Hong Kong flashbacks, Toshi (late 20s/early 30s) will serve as Oliver’s teacher and handler, and eventually become a friend. A well-trained operative, skilled in weaponry, combat and intelligence gathering, he is also a devoted father and husband. Katana's husband

‘SETH’ | A well-educated criminal with grand ambitions and a knack for chemistry, this potentially recurring character gains power over his enemies by exposing them to a drug that drains their willpower. Oh, and he is very much a physical match for The Arrow. Vertigo

‘DANIEL’ | Though Daniel could be a fake name to throw off spoilerholics, this 20something gent — a major recurring character for Season 3 — is a handsome, enigmatic and highly intelligent entrepreneur developing groundbreaking technology. (Picture a business magnate in Ryan Gosling’s body.) Though exuding charm and confidence in public, he privately harbors a tragic past that will drive him to become a tech-powered superhero. Watch for this formidable fella to be a love interest for Felicity and a rival of Oliver’s – both personally and professionally. The Atom

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

That's supposed to be Amell? Jesus gently caress, that's a terrible likeness.

jedibeavis
Mar 23, 2004

Bag 'em & tag 'em, Sarah!

Excuse me, Agent Walker.
Aww, I saw the picture of Routh and (knowing full well we'll never get Supes) I was sort of hoping for Bizarro. Just think of the banter!

Bizarro: Green hood man, you take shooty sticks and go home. Me Bizarro protect Metropolis.
Arrow: Uh, this is Starling City.
Bizarro: You no am telling me where me is.
Arrow: ...
Bizarro: Come triangle face Lois, we go home! (Flies away with Laurel to drop her off in the lion den at the Starling zoo).

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Well that's.........not what I expected at all for a variety of reasons. :stare:

Especially since the role seems more like someone who would appear in the Flash. (Crossover, maybe?)

And I hope they get the irony of some massive mofo like Routh playing a shrinking superhero.

(Does this even need spoilers? They made a public announcement about it)

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

No spoilers needed. Casting is not a spoiler.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Some Numbers posted:

Depends on your criteria for casting. How's Mark Sheppard?

I've only seen him play Lampkin and Badger, but I guess he could do an interesting take on the character?

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Mark Sheppard isn't really how I visualize Ras, but he'd be intriguing. Dude stole every scene he was in in BSG.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

hcreight posted:

Mark Sheppard isn't really how I visualize Ras, but he'd be intriguing. Dude stole every scene he was in in BSG.

He currently is in charge of Hell in Supernatural and stealing every scene he is in.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

‘DANIEL’ | Though Daniel could be a fake name to throw off spoilerholics, this 20something gent — a major recurring character for Season 3 — is a handsome, enigmatic and highly intelligent entrepreneur developing groundbreaking technology. (Picture a business magnate in Ryan Gosling’s body.) Though exuding charm and confidence in public, he privately harbors a tragic past that will drive him to become a tech-powered superhero. Watch for this formidable fella to be a love interest for Felicity and a rival of Oliver’s – both personally and professionally. The Atom

Oh hey Routh is playing another dude named Daniel.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I've seen some kvetching about Routh not being a great actor - but he's actually pretty solid when cast correctly. He was a GREAT villain on Chuck's third season - they introduced him as a James Bond perfect agent only to ruthlessly subvert that trope for all it was worth.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I'm not sure I'd buy Mark Sheppard (fan of his though I am) as being old enough to father Katrina Law. Or as being any kind of badass physical fighter.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Sheppard is 50 so it isn't inconceivable for him to be her father, even if they disregard the Lazarus Pit business.

Regardless of whom they cast and even which villains actually appear on the show, part of what made the first two seasons work was having a capable actor as the lead villain who could chew scenery and (particularly in Manu's case) play off of Amell well. Sheppard could definitely do that and I'd love to see him on the show in some capacity either way.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
This better lead up to Ollie firing an arrow with a little man on it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

jscolon2.0 posted:

This better lead up to Ollie firing an arrow with a little man on it.

Haha I bet that would piss off Jeph Loeb.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

bobkatt013 posted:

He currently is in charge of Hell in Supernatural and stealing every scene he is in.

He's been by far the best thing about the series post season 5.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Isn't Sheppard also a regular on Supernatural next season? He'd kind of have to run back and forth all over Vancouver to do both shows.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

I would kill for a scene between Mark Sheppard and John Borrowman. Then kill again for the blooper reel.

overtone
Jul 26, 2001
t(o_ot)
Not sure how a dude who can shrink and grow will fit in with Arrow. Are there different versions of The Atom they might use?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

overtone posted:

Not sure how a dude who can shrink and grow will fit in with Arrow. Are there different versions of The Atom they might use?

Super strong midget with a nuclear punch.

But Dinklage is busy.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jscolon2.0 posted:

Super strong midget with a nuclear punch.

But Dinklage is busy.

What I wouldn't give for Peter Dinklage to join the show as a character that just pays Deadshot to follow him around as his bodyguard.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
That Flash pilot that leaked has been confirmed as fake and a trailer for the actual show has been released: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kno3xDw27bY

Slightly different tone than what we previously saw but I think it can really work.

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo

VDay posted:

That Flash pilot that leaked has been confirmed as fake and a trailer for the actual show has been released: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kno3xDw27bY

Slightly different tone than what we previously saw but I think it can really work.

Hell, even if that was just a proof of concept, sell it to the network sort of thing, it was really drat well done. I don't care if the thing we get in September is a little different or tweaked or whatever--they've already proven they can be trusted with the IP and have gotten a shitload of nerds completely excited for the show. :shobon:

edit: Christ, I'm dumb. Next time I'll watch the link first before commenting, haha.

Babygravy
Jun 12, 2014

I am the gravy
He's just way too existential I'm that for me

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

VDay posted:

What did I just watch?

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Some Numbers posted:

What did I just watch?

EN FLÄSH

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

VDay posted:

I love this. Thank you for sharing.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

hcreight posted:

Mark Sheppard isn't really how I visualize Ras, but he'd be intriguing. Dude stole every scene he was in in BSG, Middleman, Leverage, Dollhouse...

Fixed

Also more fake Bergman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X2QmLWWxq4

Humbug Scoolbus fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jul 8, 2014

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

hcreight posted:

My friends and I had an ongoing joke in that Mark Sheppard's character in BSG, was just him playing Daredevil.
(He plays an Irish-American lawyer who laughs off death threats. And he pretends to be blind for a bit.)

So maybe he wants to play as a comic super villain.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

The Question IRL posted:

My friends and I had an ongoing joke in that Mark Sheppard's character in BSG, was just him playing Daredevil.
(He plays an Irish-American lawyer who laughs off death threats. And he pretends to be blind for a bit.)

So maybe he wants to play as a comic super villain.

Mark Sheppard maintains that he doesn't play villains.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Some Numbers posted:

[AlanRickman]He plays very INTERESTING characters![/AlanRickman]

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Our main man Stephen Amell is hosting a 3 hour special event at Comic-Con where they're going to premiering Gotham, the Flash pilot, and discussing season 3 of Arrow.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Some Numbers posted:

He doesn't. It's just that his character's goals seem to always be diametrically opposed to the heroes'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Didn't he play a bank robber on Burn Notice?

• Locked thread