Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
I really doubt neither opie nor jimmy have figured out they won't be able to carry a show together forever. I'm sure they're going to try and bring someone else in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gouge away
Apr 17, 2005

durr
If the choice was ride out the last three months of the contract, give the staff time to find new jobs, and not get sued, or end the show now, get sued for breaking a contract, and put people out of work with no notice, then I don't blame Opie and Jim at all.

I'll definitely listen for the first couple, not sure about after that, though.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

spudsbuckley posted:

Op and Jim are back on air next Monday.

Well at least they have a week to think up some jokes to go along with the discussion.

That wasn't the last time we hear Erik Nagel called fat on the radio. :unsmith:

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

spudsbuckley posted:

Op and Jim are back on air next Monday.
Good luck, bro.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
They probably need to legally finish out their contracts without having to pay Sirius a poo poo ton of money in fines right?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Maybe Ant will just wear a luchador mask and come back as The Midnight Rider.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

therealjon_ posted:

Maybe Ant will just wear a luchador mask and come back as The Midnight Rider.

I hope there's an inordinate amount of calls to the show from someone called Tony from Long Island.

tuddy
Aug 1, 2006
I'll scream it until your ears bleed; You'll always have a friend in me.

Cromulent posted:

Good luck, bro.

Other then non compete clause, is there any reason they cant just have an app made where fans just subscribe to an o&a stream and produce the show at their own studio?

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
opie and jim featuring show-long guest calls from "tony from long island" using the fugitive voice effect.

the biggest drag about this is the loss of anthony's soundboard.

edit: ffffffffuck you spuds.

tuddy
Aug 1, 2006
spoiler: here is next mondays show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOPLJQuVm_I

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

lmao those protest pictures are shameful as gently caress

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
So, we're sure Opie's serious and not just using that tweet as an excuse to make the basketball video go viral?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

tuddy posted:

Other then non compete clause, is there any reason they cant just have an app made where fans just subscribe to an o&a stream and produce the show at their own studio?
Their complete inability to not get hosed over on tech stuff over the years would be my first reason. The second being that their audience is already way smaller than Opie wants thanks to SiriusXM burying them over the years.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

CrashCat posted:

Their complete inability to not get hosed over on tech stuff over the years would be my first reason. The second being that their audience is already way smaller than Opie wants thanks to SiriusXM burying them over the years.
Yeah, they had an entire paid staff working on tech stuff, and it still fell apart. I guess they could do a total bare bones, plug some mics into a recorder-style podcast, but I feel like they wouldn't be comfortable with that after 20 years of being in a real studio. There's also the logistics of location, I can't see Opie and Jim commuting to Ant's house in LI for a video podcast every week, nor could I see Ant staying in his NYC place all week to do a podcast.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Sugar Blaster posted:

opie and jim featuring show-long guest calls from "tony from long island" using the fugitive voice effect.

the biggest drag about this is the loss of anthony's soundboard.

edit: ffffffffuck you spuds.

Resurrect tippy tom and have him on Ants soundboard.

Stotty
Apr 5, 2004
I can't really remember a lot of just Opie and Jim shows, the very few seem to be a bit schizophrenic because they cant really come up with a lot of material any any subject so jump about a whole bunch. Otherwise they always have another 3rd mic in and the shows are kind of refreshing because they just talk about general stuff and bullshit about life an whatnot without devolving into politics/race chat.

I don't think Opie is great in the context of O&A anymore, it always feels too hard like he's trying to steer the ship or putting the brakes on actual funny bits with Ant & Jim, but when he appears on other shows he's so much more relaxed and amiable.

I wonder if when the contract is up he does go and join Ron & Fez leaving, he was the one pushing for a time slot change earlier in the year, right?

Maybe Jimmmy goes and hangs out doing a podcast with Ant or focuses on his TV stuff more.

Stotty fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jul 7, 2014

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
That's not Tony from Long Island, that's Frenchy's cousin Guinea. "You should live in a fuckin' dumpster in Queens, you fuckin' savage &$;;-:"

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

BDawg posted:

So, we're sure Opie's serious and not just using that tweet as an excuse to make the basketball video go viral?

I'd think Jimmy would have said something on tweeeter

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.

Call Me Charlie posted:

therealjon_ posted:

Sam's head is really big.

Nah it's just the fact that he has an afro and it's receding a bit.

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp
I've decided that the funniest outcome of this is to hire Artie Lange to cohost the show.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

A Keg posted:

I've decided that the funniest outcome of this is to hire Artie Lange to cohost the show.

Funnier than David, Bobo or Scorch??

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

Tomahawk posted:

Funnier than David, Bobo or Scorch??

As a Howard Stern listener who enjoys Howard acting like an irrational crybaby, yes. Also they wouldn't have to change the initials this way.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

A Keg posted:

As a Howard Stern listener who enjoys Howard acting like an irrational crybaby, yes. Also they wouldn't have to change the initials this way.

If howard ever started doing his radio show again I'm sure we'd hear all about it :rimshot:

tuddy
Aug 1, 2006
was this posted earlier? "thermite paint".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA_8IJmNM3U

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
You know stupid rear end Opie is going to try and bring in Tom Papa for a completely unlistenable experience

tuddy
Aug 1, 2006

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

You know they're trying to bring in nick dip to replace one long island racist with another.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

tuddy posted:

was this posted earlier? "thermite paint".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA_8IJmNM3U

#askquestions

BigPoot
Jan 16, 2013

You know stupid rear end Opie is going to try and bring in Tom Papa for a completely unlistenable experience

I think of all the hypothetical scenarios posited thus far, this is by far the worst loving possible one.

tuddy
Aug 1, 2006
do you think ant would be upset if tom papa brings on Seinfeld and he cant be there?

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Oh gently caress, I didn't even think about that... NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I know people keep suggesting it, but no way Opie is going to give up a show they get paid millions for with little effort to start from the ground up podcasting. Remember how deflated they felt after they lost synication, and then terrestrial all together? You don't go backwards until you are forced to. He isn't going to leave free money on the table.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The Opie & Jim Show, on SiriusXM High Voltage

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Business as usual on Ants twitter.

Posting links to this weekends shooting stats in Chicago because, "black people, amirite?".

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

spudsbuckley posted:

Posting links to this weekends shooting stats in Chicago because, "black people, amirite?".

So he erased his Twitter to pander during his party, and now this?

Alcohol is a hell of a drug.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

spudsbuckley posted:

Why'd he bother nuking it, then?

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Law Cheetah posted:

Why'd he bother nuking it, then?

He stupidly probably thought he still had a chance.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

Ant's also bringing up ideas for LFTC, like the 55-gallon drum challenge out by the pool. Free from restrictions.

How about funny, casual, consistently entertaining talk? We had that from 2004-2009, there weren't any restrictions...

Kampfbereit
Sep 6, 2011
...and Penn Jillette, Libertarian rear end in a top hat extraordinaire, just compared Anthony Cumia to Gandhi.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Kampfbereit posted:

...and Penn Jillette, Libertarian rear end in a top hat extraordinaire, just compared Anthony Cumia to Gandhi.

Well, Gandhi didn't like black people either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
Listening to today's best of about animals really makes me miss how much fun the show was until 2008.

• Locked thread