Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

Haquer posted:

No clue, like I said, I wasn't there. But Leffe outside the Chengdu bank last night told me "only sell in-alliance" so who knows.

E: Not that I'm telling goons what to do because frankly this game is a chatroom that happens to have kung fu in it most of the time to me v:shobon:v

Thats the stance i had on the game for a long time and i remember some people* getting angry at me for it ;p

E: although i found the perk of disposable income from stupid work to goat me into spending money on the pretty chatprogram again

Natalie_Luna fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jul 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

It was a good morning before work :sun:

Hole Wolf
Apr 28, 2011

My computer died and I don't know when I'll have one that can run Wushu again, so can someone let Leffe know that I owe Jizz like 350L?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Truly a Wulin hero :cry:

Also, server pop has declined a bit more mostly due to Swordsman beta (to nobody's surprise). Even all hostiles have been trying to protection war as much as possible just because numbers are pretty low right now.

madmario
Mar 30, 2014

While you sleep,
your enemy practices.
Amazon is fixed--got my VIP renewal.

The Fourth of July gift was unusually good. Among other things I got 5 intermediate jianghu infos and some teleport tokens. We're also getting credit cards and possession tokens for the sign in events.

NBloc has been pissing off the terrorists, which is nice, to the point that they're getting tokened a fair amount by Rebellion lately. Even Chaos & Tox have been talking up smashing Rebellion, which took me by surprise.It's nice to see them come out for PvP, although they're not super experienced and flub some when they don't have support.

Leffe's thing about selling good poo poo out of the alliance is that in wars, we now hit a wall of Ancient Tai Chi. Leffe felt that this was because we sold out to the terrorists, essentially arming our enemies with the tools of our demise, and it's come back to bite us in the rear end. He's trying to stop that, and has said that if people continue to sell out and he learns of it, they may not be invited to the next level of content, which involves some poo poo on an island with bosses that have drops that will let you level your Jianghu inners or somefuckingthing or other.

We thought for a while Mutou might be selling to the terrorists, but I'm not sure whether its true or whether he even plays much now.

I have no idea what is going on with Resurrection, but it looks like they're collapsing into Lawless. Nick's rl job has picked up a lot, and Prosperity is in NBloc now. Whatever. . . .

Interstellar Owl
Nov 3, 2010

"The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely owl like."
How long does it take for a new person to get up in "level" to PvP or be a useful contribution or even remotely enjoy the game?

madmario
Mar 30, 2014

While you sleep,
your enemy practices.

Interstellar Owl posted:

How long does it take for a new person to get up in "level" to PvP or be a useful contribution or even remotely enjoy the game?

To be useful--you're useful at the start in defensive guild wars, as you can put out a fire. On guild war attack, as a Royal guard, my spin did about the same damage as anyone else when it came to taking down lions (a necessary part of assaulting a guild base) and I could toss torches like anyone else. Feints to break enemy blocks and CC may not do much damage, but these are very useful to help in a fight--though you'll miss a fair amount due to stats, it's still super helpful and sometimes determinative. Very early on--first week--I was executing ranged feints to break parries and folks appreciated it, though in the chaos of a large fight it's harder to keep on top of things. Support like music is useful at 5th level out of 10, which takes maybe 3 weeks I think; you'll get most of the important stuff by level 7, which takes a bit over a month, I think. As a musician, I get invited to all kinds of content I really have no business being in otherwise; with me playing music, JizzWhizz clears a school instance in under an hour, I think.

On the other hand, I've been playing for 3.5 months and I'm not "peer" level with Haquertal or Akeenai or Jizz etc. I do fine in PvP and have a great time--I feel fine about fighting just about any folks who don't have a silver creature around their portrait. But to be a "peer" with those "shock the world" folks could take 5 or 6 months, give or take depending on your personal trading acumen/dropluck and what school or faction you choose (wanderer's valley or beggars--less time; Royal guard--more time but the ranged feint makes you immediately useful). There are also a couple of skills that are difficult or chancey to acquire but extremely important to high end PvP, such as Flying Horse (swap health and mana) or Turn Weapon Around (gain mana on block).

I personally felt like I had a meaningful PvP role at the getgo; sure, I could be squished if someone really wanted to, but even so I had some helpful ranged skills and music to play and could douse flames and flip strategic points as well as anyone. Not everyone felt the same as I did, mind you. It also depends on whether you find a group of people around your level. I did not, but I had a great time leveling up even so.

If you don't like being an underdog then this isn't going to work for you. If you enjoy being behind the 8-ball, this could be a match.

Interstellar Owl
Nov 3, 2010

"The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely owl like."

madmario posted:

To be useful--you're useful at the start in defensive guild wars, as you can put out a fire. On guild war attack, as a Royal guard, my spin did about the same damage as anyone else when it came to taking down lions (a necessary part of assaulting a guild base) and I could toss torches like anyone else. Feints to break enemy blocks and CC may not do much damage, but these are very useful to help in a fight--though you'll miss a fair amount due to stats, it's still super helpful and sometimes determinative. Very early on--first week--I was executing ranged feints to break parries and folks appreciated it, though in the chaos of a large fight it's harder to keep on top of things. Support like music is useful at 5th level out of 10, which takes maybe 3 weeks I think; you'll get most of the important stuff by level 7, which takes a bit over a month, I think. As a musician, I get invited to all kinds of content I really have no business being in otherwise; with me playing music, JizzWhizz clears a school instance in under an hour, I think.

On the other hand, I've been playing for 3.5 months and I'm not "peer" level with Haquertal or Akeenai or Jizz etc. I do fine in PvP and have a great time--I feel fine about fighting just about any folks who don't have a silver creature around their portrait. But to be a "peer" with those "shock the world" folks could take 5 or 6 months, give or take depending on your personal trading acumen/dropluck and what school or faction you choose (wanderer's valley or beggars--less time; Royal guard--more time but the ranged feint makes you immediately useful). There are also a couple of skills that are difficult or chancey to acquire but extremely important to high end PvP, such as Flying Horse (swap health and mana) or Turn Weapon Around (gain mana on block).

I personally felt like I had a meaningful PvP role at the getgo; sure, I could be squished if someone really wanted to, but even so I had some helpful ranged skills and music to play and could douse flames and flip strategic points as well as anyone. Not everyone felt the same as I did, mind you. It also depends on whether you find a group of people around your level. I did not, but I had a great time leveling up even so.

If you don't like being an underdog then this isn't going to work for you. If you enjoy being behind the 8-ball, this could be a match.

I have no problem being an underdog, I just don't want to be a situation of just getting totally wiped and totally useless without grindfest and poopsocking and never even have a ghost of a chance against people who have been playing since release/OBT.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

madmario posted:

Leffe's thing about selling good poo poo out of the alliance is that in wars, we now hit a wall of Ancient Tai Chi. Leffe felt that this was because we sold out to the terrorists, essentially arming our enemies with the tools of our demise, and it's come back to bite us in the rear end.

Yeah this never happened, or at least wasn't the main reason they had so many frags. After Hua hit, each zone had its own timers for their Random Encounters so all the hostiles put 5+ VIP alts into literally every zone that hands out ancient fragments to farm that poo poo out.

There's a reason that a person had 70+ ancient tai chi fragments on their stall (they ran like 20 VIP idling accounts) before they were banned for RMT.

However, with the latest expansion they're now on giant global cooldown lists so people are getting far fewer REs and the VIP alt idling problem has mostly been solved due to it.

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

Haquer posted:

Yeah this never happened, or at least wasn't the main reason they had so many frags. After Hua hit, each zone had its own timers for their Random Encounters so all the hostiles put 5+ VIP alts into literally every zone that hands out ancient fragments to farm that poo poo out.

There's a reason that a person had 70+ ancient tai chi fragments on their stall (they ran like 20 VIP idling accounts) before they were banned for RMT.

However, with the latest expansion they're now on giant global cooldown lists so people are getting far fewer REs and the VIP alt idling problem has mostly been solved due to it.

Ive been watching who gets the res lately too while its pretty random for the past weeks its been reb guardianes and pe... Rip me -.- the only 3 guilds i constantly pick on

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

For some bizare reason Kidnapping gives unbound again regardless of time and location...

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Natalie_Luna posted:

For some bizare reason Kidnapping gives unbound again regardless of time and location...

The more days that go by the more it seems that unbound hours aren't automated.

The unbound time yesterday afternoon didn't happen and now the night one has been on for over 12 hours. Only snail games would do this poo poo by hand :cripes:

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

Haquer posted:

The more days that go by the more it seems that unbound hours aren't automated.

The unbound time yesterday afternoon didn't happen and now the night one has been on for over 12 hours. Only snail games would do this poo poo by hand :cripes:

Geesh.. really?

Did you notice yuyubaby is still stalling leffes blade too?
Quality GM work!

madmario
Mar 30, 2014

While you sleep,
your enemy practices.

Natalie_Luna posted:

Ive been watching who gets the res lately too while its pretty random for the past weeks its been reb guardianes and pe... Rip me -.- the only 3 guilds i constantly pick on

I've gotten two T2 workbenches and 3 T1 looms in about a week from REs (among other stuff) and I still have some multi-step REs I'm working through. I have been spending an inordinate amount of time trying to impress the emperor, though. . . .

Natalie_Luna posted:

Geesh.. really?

Did you notice yuyubaby is still stalling leffes blade too?
Quality GM work!

If it's an inside job, selling customer account information or otherwise abusing access to company information, then it is quality GM work--in theft. I imagine someone or someones at Snail are being paid on the side to provide customer information. Corruption, bribery, embezzlement and so on is a widespread problem in China and this would make the most sense to me given the facts. Either bad actors may be covering up individual incidents, or folks may be covering up the scope of the problem out of fear for their jobs or due to direct involvement, or Snail is struggling with the problem internally, or all of these or whatever.

I imagine Snail was smart enough to insulate itself from employee malfeasance by using intermediaries for financial transactions. Leaking credit card information would be a big problem; Snail can't lose our credit card information because Snail doesn't have it. Leaking customer game account information with virtual money is also a problem, but less so by several orders of magnitude.

PassiveSentence
Jun 2, 2013
The GM assured Leffe that the account wasn't hacked anytime between 6/23-7/2, which makes total sense since yuyubaby was selling those blades before those dates. Looks like the ban was a temp one.

Take that, playerbase! :sotw:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
For gently caress's sake.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

It's almost like snail games is the worst mmo company I've ever seen.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
Your appointment to JIANGHU will be finalized within the week - I've already discussed the matter with the GMs.

AmiEsiM
Dec 6, 2013

Always be yourself, unless you can be Batman.
So I tried to log on my wushu account (Slapzilla) and some dude is using it apparently, somehow he changed my account name and password. I tried to contact snail customer service :bang:

But because he topped up sometime this year, he now owns the account. Snail logic. Sent them screen caps of all my receipts and everything but nope. At least I have the memories.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

AmiEsiM posted:

So I tried to log on my wushu account (Slapzilla) and some dude is using it apparently, somehow he changed my account name and password. I tried to contact snail customer service :bang:

But because he topped up sometime this year, he now owns the account. Snail logic. Sent them screen caps of all my receipts and everything but nope. At least I have the memories.

Yeah a guy who calls himself "zorty" has been using it. Everyone assumed that you lent him the account?

AmiEsiM
Dec 6, 2013

Haquer posted:

Yeah a guy who calls himself "zorty" has been using it. Everyone assumed that you lent him the account?

I lent Nick the account, Nick apparently lent him. Bold faced motherfucker changed all the login info

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

AmiEsiM posted:

I lent Nick the account, Nick apparently lent him. Bold faced motherfucker changed all the login info

That's what you get for trusting Nick :v:

Still, it's bullshit that snail won't return it to you. Sorry to hear :(

AmiEsiM
Dec 6, 2013

Haquer posted:

That's what you get for trusting Nick :v:

Still, it's bullshit that snail won't return it to you. Sorry to hear :(

1 less RG in the world :cripes:
I just wanted to see how the max level 4th set was gonna handle.

I just want to Rage and Heal 10k HP while doing 20k dmg, is that so much to ask? Anyway keep representing RG Haquer,

I believe in you

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

I found that video I was looking for forever ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl1s69I6l8k

AmiEsiM posted:

I just want to Rage and Heal 10k HP while doing 20k dmg, is that so much to ask? Anyway keep representing RG Haquer,

I believe in you

Oh dear.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

AmiEsiM posted:

I believe in you

I left RG for the vagrant sets since the only good set RG has these days is chain. I'm now in beggars to be an OP piece of poo poo :sweatdrop:

AmiEsiM
Dec 6, 2013

Haquer posted:

I left RG for the vagrant sets since the only good set RG has these days is chain. I'm now in beggars to be an OP piece of poo poo :sweatdrop:

But..But.. Eagle craw..

I was really hoping that the increase to levels would make Eagle Claw and the Blade sets somewhat viable. Jokes on me for thinking snailbalance.

Im guessing 80% of the server are beggers now?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

AmiEsiM posted:

But..But.. Eagle craw..

I was really hoping that the increase to levels would make Eagle Claw and the Blade sets somewhat viable. Jokes on me for thinking snailbalance.

Im guessing 80% of the server are beggers now?

It's balanced between Beggars, Wudang, Pretty Girls and Peach mostly. And 10 or so active rootless.

Also I had the 3rd blade set at 9 and it was still bad damage. Rage did like 1500 before crits and the set outclassed RG 4th set for damage.

Oh and beggars with chain at 4 do more damage than an RG with chain at 9 and that's before crits.

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

Haquer posted:

It's balanced between Beggars, Wudang, Pretty Girls and Peach mostly. And 10 or so active rootless.

Also I had the 3rd blade set at 9 and it was still bad damage. Rage did like 1500 before crits and the set outclassed RG 4th set for damage.

Oh and beggars with chain at 4 do more damage than an RG with chain at 9 and that's before crits.

not to mention almost all schools have untapped potential elders or sometimes even have the npcs hold the position XD
There is some leftovers in WV too but most of those are disguising one by one

AmiEsiM
Dec 6, 2013

I really thought steam would have pumped a lot of players into the game. Well i dont feel as bad for losing my account now, game sounds like its on is last lap.

really unfortunate considering the potential of the game. I really wish i could visit SnailUSA and see for myself, im guessing its like 5 guys all in a basement leeching of the neighbors WIFI

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
At this point a basement operation would be a step up. I think the entirety of SnailUSA is a P.O. box in some strip mall Fedex store in the midwest.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

AmiEsiM posted:

I really thought steam would have pumped a lot of players into the game. Well i dont feel as bad for losing my account now, game sounds like its on is last lap.

really unfortunate considering the potential of the game. I really wish i could visit SnailUSA and see for myself, im guessing its like 5 guys all in a basement leeching of the neighbors WIFI

The Steam user review simply destroyed it, nobody putting up a single positive point about the game. Not taking part in the sale and setting its bundle price too high ensured it vanished quickly from the front page of the free to play tag.

SnailUSA being a shell company could explain why they always have problem with the major payment services. As for the game dying i would not bet on it since the whales alone can probably keep it alive forever based on the amount of money they spend. We recently had people complaining on the forum about the maximum of 10D you can buy each day, blaming Snail for not letting them burn money faster.

This game is just selling code already paid for by the Chinese version and passed trough a loosely overseen machine translation, so there is no development cost, only lovely maintenance handled at China work rate.

Trion getting the rights for that new Wushu game currently in OB in China could be the MMO we are all hoping for, as Swordsman has show clearly better management but so much less depth.

madmario
Mar 30, 2014

While you sleep,
your enemy practices.

ponzicar posted:

At this point a basement operation would be a step up. I think the entirety of SnailUSA is a P.O. box in some strip mall Fedex store in the midwest.

It's a 14 person company in CA--so smaller than Dunder Mifflin's Scranton office, if similarly dysfunctional. No inhouse legal.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
TDH snd Rebellion are trying yet another split war tomorrow even though both of them are also suffering number losses due to people playing ChinaWoW.

No clue what the war plans are but Feihi was attacked as well as an Enigma base.

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

With the announcement of archage beta starting on 17th i hear a lot of ppl of the alliance including leaderships planning to quit wushu examples being rouko prosp juntao pb assorted nt's with many goons having migrated to swordman it looks like gameover is very near.

Always knew viets would win the war by waiting for everyone to give up

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Natalie_Luna posted:

With the announcement of archage beta starting on 17th i hear a lot of ppl of the alliance including leaderships planning to quit wushu examples being rouko prosp juntao pb assorted nt's with many goons having migrated to swordman it looks like gameover is very near.

Always knew viets would win the war by waiting for everyone to give up

Yeah I've been waiting for the Archage beta to finish gutting the game. I know several viets that are going to migrate to it as well (what's up with them and playing US MMOs? :psyduck:)

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

Haquer posted:

Yeah I've been waiting for the Archage beta to finish gutting the game. I know several viets that are going to migrate to it as well (what's up with them and playing US MMOs? :psyduck:)

A few huatahs also went to the alpha already, including GE (When I told him he could buy alpha access for a few hundred bucks he was like "oh cool" and went to do it right away lol!) expecting a bunch of them to follow to beta

Natalie_Luna fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Jul 11, 2014

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Hmm age of wushu. Interesting game the only winning move is not to play.

AmiEsiM
Dec 6, 2013

I hope we can all meet up in Archage and kill some viets together

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

AmiEsiM posted:

I've muted all of two people the year and half I was playing, the guy with your account Zorty, was one of them. I'm sorry man. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AmiEsiM
Dec 6, 2013

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I've muted all of two people the year and half I was playing, the guy with your account Zorty, was one of them. I'm sorry man. :(

Thx man, much appreciated.

Out of curiosity, who was the other person you muted?