Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Stolen sweets are sweeter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Vorgen posted:

What do capybaras do in the wild? It seems like just chilling out is a good way to get et in the jungle.

When they're in danger they dive into the river and disappear. Those webbed feet aren't just for show, they're a lot faster in the water than on land.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

Geolicious posted:

I had a boss who didn't like dogs or cats. When my cats moved in with me he asked me how I could stand those "things" in my house. And not liking dogs is just like... what.

But the things that made him happy were gold mining and Dairy Queen.

You can not like being around animals for legitimate reasons.
I don't like being around dogs because I'm not a fan of being slobbered on.

I do like to look at pictures of dogs being cute.

BattleMaster posted:

When they're in danger they dive into the river and disappear. Those webbed feet aren't just for show, they're a lot faster in the water than on land.

They will also judge you.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

BattleMaster posted:

No, the real reason is that no animal will eat them because they're too adorable to be eaten.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Ego Trip posted:

They will also judge you.

The shape of their head allows them to hide in the water as they relentlessly and mercilessly judge you.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

I MUST get one of these for my dogge

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6PxMRUgmbA&t=172s

This guy does 29 Celebrity impressions to a song he wrote and just absolutely nails them all. Not only is it incredibly impressive but the song he sings is pretty uplifting too.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

MindlessHavok posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6PxMRUgmbA&t=172s

This guy does 29 Celebrity impressions to a song he wrote and just absolutely nails them all. Not only is it incredibly impressive but the song he sings is pretty uplifting too.

There's no way those female impersonations are real, goddamn :stare:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Drone posted:

They're amazing but I think my favorite is the Jeff Goldblum one.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
goofy dog sleeping

http://video.fc2.com/en/content/201111309yABPkbq

EDIT: have a gif

nerdz has a new favorite as of 19:48 on Jul 7, 2014

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.

Drone posted:

Have you seen Nick Pitera? My music teacher always said that baritones tend to have incredible falsettos.

For content: Baby Goats!

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Ahaha the way they hop away :3:

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
I took a good cat picture this weekend

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
"Kisses? No... No thanks."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGY6vDI_JBc

And an old timer who knows how and when to have a little fun.

kinmik has a new favorite as of 02:24 on Jul 8, 2014

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Tibor posted:

Do any of you guys ever mentally raise an eyebrow at people who say they don't like animals? I get not wanting a messy house or whatever but how can somebody just flat out not like animals? Like... what makes them happy?

The thing about not liking animals vs not wanting to own one is very similar to people who say they don't like babies vs those who don't want to procreate.

The thing is taht animals, (and babies), are simultaneously awesome and terrible.

They are sweet, cute, funny companions that will give you love, and reward you with companionship and warmth and they do and say teh most amazing things.

But they are also uncontrollable poo and vomit machines that will wreck everything you own, and eat up all of your time with harsh labourious drudgery and cost you absurd amounts of money.

Although that being said, I love animals, and babies, yet am pet-free and childless. So I guess I get the best of both worlds.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

I dare any of you to watch this and not be inspired:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrGsdrW8HlE

I got it I got it :3:

Cat Plant
Feb 11, 2007

There used to be green cats but they turned into plants because they slept too much.
I am a self-confessed animal crazy; so is my family, they just hide it better.

I totally understand not having the same passion that I do for animals; I am an animal person and while I can be sociable and people won't realise it, I am NOT a people person.

And I get the dirty, slobbery thing, but if I offer you a tiny, freshly cleaned kitten that is purring and just cuddling and you don't have allergies and you refuse it...yeah.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:

Cat Plant posted:

I am a self-confessed animal crazy; so is my family, they just hide it better.

I totally understand not having the same passion that I do for animals; I am an animal person and while I can be sociable and people won't realise it, I am NOT a people person.

And I get the dirty, slobbery thing, but if I offer you a tiny, freshly cleaned kitten that is purring and just cuddling and you don't have allergies and you refuse it...yeah.

Even with allergies, I can't resist a cat.

The hives are a easy price to pay for catte.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Hypha posted:

Even with allergies, I can't resist a cat.

Same. I can't have one myself but if I ever see one or am around at a friend's place and they have a cat I'm pretty much gonna spend as much time as possible petting it :shobon:

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
I'm allergic to cats too; if I pet one and touch my eyes they swell up crazy. Of course, nobody told this jerk. :colbert:

Insisted on climbing all over me.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

RedneckwithGuns posted:

It's a bit dusty in here all of a sudden.

That is the best cat.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

BrigadierSensible posted:

The thing about not liking animals vs not wanting to own one is very similar to people who say they don't like babies vs those who don't want to procreate.

The thing is taht animals, (and babies), are simultaneously awesome and terrible.

They are sweet, cute, funny companions that will give you love, and reward you with companionship and warmth and they do and say teh most amazing things.

But they are also uncontrollable poo and vomit machines that will wreck everything you own, and eat up all of your time with harsh labourious drudgery and cost you absurd amounts of money.

Although that being said, I love animals, and babies, yet am pet-free and childless. So I guess I get the best of both worlds.

This is me. I love (most) other people's animals but I shouldn't be in charge of another living thing.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

LivesInGrey posted:

Thanks for the awesome medicine stuff. I've been pretty irritated with doctors lately and needed a reminder that there are fantastic ones in existence at some point in the universe.

In a similar vein, check out the poo poo Deep Brain Stimulation can do to mitigate the symptoms of Parkinson's disease these days. This guy literally has a remote that allows him to turn off the trembling with the click of a button https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBh2LxTW0s0

BlueOccamy
Jul 1, 2010
Could someone post or PM me that beer commercial I saw in this thread at some point where a son writes a book and his dad does all this stuff to learn how to read and goes up to his son at the bar and says that he read his book and the son asks the bartender for a beer to celebrate? I'm having an awful time trying to find it because it wasn't a beer name I'd ever heard of and I think it wasn't even aired in the US. Was hoping to show it to a friend soon. Thanks!

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkn9VXcBOmU I saw this on Imgur and it's what made me remember that other commercial. I wish more American commercials were heartfelt things like this instead of the dumbass poo poo you see now. Though I guess that's okay because I don't feel as compelled to buy what they're trying to sell, so I guess it balances out?

BlueOccamy has a new favorite as of 06:12 on Jul 8, 2014

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

BlueOccamy posted:

Could someone post or PM me that beer commercial I saw in this thread at some point where a son writes a book and his dad does all this stuff to learn how to read and goes up to his son at the bar and says that he read his book and the son asks the bartender for a beer to celebrate?

It was a whisky ad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VteDp3IK-60

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

I was going through my old photobucket looking for something when I found a picture of my dog.

I miss her. :(

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

The Chairman posted:

I took a good cat picture this weekend

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I was helping out at a family member's office as a favor and decided to bring my dog Phoebe Liz along for moral support. While working at a desk alongside co-workers my co-workers and I looked up and found that she had planted herself at an empty desk and seemed very out of her depth:

"I don't get it guys what's the appeal of sitting on these?"

"I have no idea what I'm doing here."

She remained planted like that the entire day, even when an insurance salesman came by and said "that dog just made my whole day." Phoebe is a good girl.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
why are you guys posting pictures of my cat?

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

nerdz posted:

why are you guys posting pictures of my cat?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

You rear end in a top hat. I don't know why this struck such a big chord with me but... gently caress.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

RedneckwithGuns posted:

This is absolutely incredible. You do got it little man.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

gently caress. Now this is a punch in the gut ad (in a good way)

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Vintimus Prime posted:

gently caress. Now this is a punch in the gut ad (in a good way)

Yeah, same here. I was really close with my dad up until a few years ago and seeing father/son stuff like this always gets to me.

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.

This should've been an ad for public libraries. :)

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.

RedneckwithGuns posted:

That was awesome. :3:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

BrigadierSensible posted:

I definitely hear this - while I have zero desire to have kids, I don't dislike kids at all. My 2 nephews and several young kids of my coworkers are fun and hilarious, and nothing feels better than making a baby or toddler laugh by doing silly things like making faces. Animals are the same way, I love dogs, cats and just about any other animal, but really don't have the time or energy to take care of them, even if my place allowed them. Funny thing is, I usually end up being the type of person animals migrate to when I visit someone, I've had peoples' "mean old grumpy cats" saunter up to me for pets, or dogs will want to sit in my lap or curl up at my feet. I used to be super allergic to cats (sneezing, hives, swelled up eyes, trouble breathing) but found out about 10 years back that I'd somehow got over the allergy when I dated a girl whose roommate had a cat. Weirdest thing, but I ain't complaining v:shobon:v

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So my mother came up on her one year anniversary of being cancer free, to celebrate she took a much needed, long time coming and richly deserved vacation to Florida, with the bonus that she can see her sister and celebrate her 70th birthday, plus they haven't seen each other since their brother passed away.

My pops has mobility issues and is a bit absent minded so its up to me to keep order in their house and generally help, cook, clean be sure dad takes his medicines, his insulin etc, I essentially need to be my mother for this week. Which is somewhat hilarious considering what a slob I am.

Only been at it for 2 days and it amazes me the sheer amount of things she does without breaking a stride, I always appreciated everything she did for me, now I have an even bigger appreciation for her and the things she did while I was growing up, because I know I was a lovely kid sometimes. I also thank every single deity on this earth for the fact that she's cancer free.

I seriously loving love you mom.

I hope she's having a blast over there. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.
Last night during the Brazil-Germany massacre, you could briefly see an old man in a Brazil shirt, holding a replica World Cup trophy and looking like the world's saddest man.

It turns out, that pic on the right is him giving his trophy to a young German girl, and telling her to "take it to the final!" :3:

• Locked thread