Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
This Monday Night Wars thing might be awesome guys.

Also means we might get some Nitro up in here, too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Wow. I cannot wait until August.

e:

Shima Honnou posted:

This Monday Night Wars thing might be awesome guys.

Also means we might get some Nitro up in here, too!

They're supposed to be adding Nitros in October.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

oatgan posted:

he specified if you're #1, which he has never been

Yeah, he's always been more #2.

But that was great, I can't wait for the rest.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Fun episode, but I can't wait for Dave or even MRT to run through the bullshit.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

oatgan posted:

he specified if you're #1, which he has never been

That might make it even funnier though tbh

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
SNME is a nice holdover, but drat I want more Monday Night Wars even if half of it ends up being revisionist BS.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
This show will get pretty funny once we get to 2000 era Nitros.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Holy poo poo I never noticed Russo was in that ad.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
This was the perfect time for a one-week preview. I don't have the Network, and between this show and what all there is to provide in the vault, I'm tempted to sign up.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CVagts posted:

This was the perfect time for a one-week preview. I don't have the Network, and between this show and what all there is to provide in the vault, I'm tempted to sign up.

Do it. loving DO IT. Everybody wins if the Network succeeds.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Do it. loving DO IT. Everybody wins if the Network succeeds.

Goddamn that was a great preview. Since this is another free week, I wonder what else they got on tap.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Vintimus Prime posted:

Goddamn that was a great preview. Since this is another free week, I wonder what else they got on tap.

Watch Countdown - especially the Blunders and Gimmicks episodes, they're cool list shows with a lot of fun talking heads and everyone's pretty happy to make fun of the dumb stuff and/or show off their impressions.

Wrestlemania Rewind is also pretty good - the Big Show/Mayweather episode was suprisingly good to hear about the backstage build to it.

NXT is good again, catch Arrival and Takeover, and any of the weekly shows since takeover if you liked them.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
I don't understand why someome wouldn't get the Network. If you can afford $10/month and like wrestling, its a no brainer. It's pretty awesome I can randomly just pick a show from the early 90's and watch it whenever. It's awesome.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

DM Punk posted:

I don't understand why someome wouldn't get the Network. If you can afford $10/month and like wrestling, its a no brainer. It's pretty awesome I can randomly just pick a show from the early 90's and watch it whenever. It's awesome.

And they also then get to complain every week about how they will "cancel their network sub" when their favorite wrestleman loses.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Astro7x posted:

And they also then get to complain every week about how they will "cancel their network sub" when their favorite wrestleman loses.

Holy poo poo, I've been missing a portion of the value of the WWE Network. I could even make an elaborate countdown clock.

In 5 months 7 days 14 hours 37 seconds I will no longer have the WWE Network because John Cena won the World Wrestling Entertainment World Heavyweight Championship of the World at Money in the Bank

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Show wasn't archived and all I can see on Youtube is a bunch of goobers who upload preview stills and it's actually their 30 minute self masturbatory review of it.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
It might have been a one-shot thing. Miss it and you miss it.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Blasmeister posted:

Watch Countdown - especially the Blunders and Gimmicks episodes, they're cool list shows with a lot of fun talking heads and everyone's pretty happy to make fun of the dumb stuff and/or show off their impressions.

Wrestlemania Rewind is also pretty good - the Big Show/Mayweather episode was suprisingly good to hear about the backstage build to it.

NXT is good again, catch Arrival and Takeover, and any of the weekly shows since takeover if you liked them.

Oh yea, I've been signed up since launch. I'm just hoping since it's the free week WWE has other previews like MNW to get people on the fence to subscribe.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Oh, fair enough - guess that post applies to anyone who is trying it for the first time. Doesn't seem from the advertised schedule that they're premiering anything else particularly new, just kinda showing off the typical weekly oferings with nxt, total divas, beyond the ring etc.

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Michael J Beverage, I've got a bone to pick with you.
what you guys aren't excited for ADR vs Sheamus? :spergin:

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Sheamus' promo sucked and said a lot of racist things. Ugh.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Seeing Punk in a prominent promotional video is startling nowadays.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
"Bolieve in Bonoit" sign. I don't know whether to applaud or frown disapprovingly.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

pressedbunny posted:

"Bolieve in Bonoit" sign. I don't know whether to applaud or frown disapprovingly.

That's not clever or funny in any way so the answer is p. obvious.

It's a shame these dudes have no heat because they can both work their asses off.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
That was a pretty fun match.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Yeah, for not caring much going in, it was real good.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I can't believe they aren't saving Jericho versus Bray for Summerslam.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
A six on one handicap Divas match. There's no way at all possible that this could go wrong!

E: Whoa, they're using a sample of a real song on the Network to hype SNME! What world am I living in?

Funk still lives! Naomi carries the burden of the whole of Planet Funk now. :lol: Eva Marie.

Shima Honnou fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jul 9, 2014

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Sigma posted:

I can't believe they aren't saving Jericho versus Bray for Summerslam.

Maybe they'll do a Career On The Line match at Summerslam or something.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Rosa Mendes's theme is a remix of the Los Matadores vignette music.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Eva Marie got the loving pin, hahahah.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

I cringed when Eva Marie did that DDT, not because it looked bad or anything, just because the idea of Eva Marie doing a DDT on somebody is terrifying.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

watching 2 money in the bank ladder matches and Punk? don't mind if I do

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

I cringed when Eva Marie did that DDT, not because it looked bad or anything, just because the idea of Eva Marie doing a DDT on somebody is terrifying.

It looked really good, but that might be because she actually crushed a vertebrae in Nikki's neck.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
TAP TO THE WAAAAAAAAAAALLS
'CAUSE YOUR NAME IS MIZANIN

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Sigma posted:

It looked really good, but that might be because she actually crushed a vertebrae in Nikki's neck.

Brie's cursed.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Megaman and Protoman are out there in the audience somewhere.

E: Was hoping for Sandhart again.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Is it me or this crowd seem dead for Bret in Canada?!?

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

HOLY poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
OH MY GOD YESDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• Locked thread