Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

:hist101:
I'm running behind on everything this month, but since LoJ is finally over I at least have evenings free again. Still going have to keep it small, so here goes:

:hist101:I, Tadhg, Oath to paint Gandalf, Saruman, and a palantir for the month of July!:hist101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germ
May 7, 2013

Godsdamn, but y’all didn’t make it easy, did you? Tons of really great stuff out there. Still there can be only one. So…

:frogsiren: JUNE JUDGMENT TIME!!!! :frogsiren:

1st Place (1 Points)OneTrueBru. The problem with Space Marines, is that they’re iconic. As such, while many folk can paint them well, it’s hard to put your own stamp on it. This marine is different – it’s unique. The color is so smooth and so consistent. Every place that needs a highlight (or some shading) is highlighted (or shaded), but no more. The shading on those feathers is incredible. Marvelous piece of work.

2nd Place (2 Points)MasterSlowPoke. You’ve taken the model that was my biggest let-down for me from the first Reaper Kickstarter and gotten me just as excited about it as I was when the Kickstarter was live. The Paint scheme is simple, yet effective. The conversion work is inspired. You’ve got a wonderful eye to see past that disappointing static pose and creating something original and awesome from it. Given that I’m going to totally steal this idea, I reckon I at least owe you some points.

1st Place (3 Points)Slimnoid. Ok, ignoring the fire elemental and the mechanical squid (which are great on their own)… That Charon! The barnacles! The water pouring off the boat! The zombie in the front vomiting water (or at least drooling). The transition from sea to land to snow. Holy gently caress! You couldn’t maybe find a way to pack a bit more awesome into that model, could you? Great conversion work, great hobbying, and great painting.

Bonus Point (1 Point)Tadhg. It can be really easy for a big display base like this too get so busy that it detracts from the model. Not here. Great combination of colors and textures that blend well with the model and really evoke Athel Loren. This is a really great base.

(Lots of honorable mentions for the bases – Signal’s splashing water, the casings on TWLM’s base, the tidal wave of earth and zombies that Vermintide’s Nicodem is riding … I wish I had more points to give!)

Germ fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jul 11, 2014

Mt. ORourke
Dec 10, 2006

We find no vestige of a beginning,
no prospect of an end.
I Oath 1 Alexia Ciannor and 1 Transverse Enumerator
Privateer Press

Hopefully you can make out the "American Samoa" on the screen. Not the best lighting available

Germ
May 7, 2013

Gotta get some painting of my own done this month. I, Germ, oath this Soulgrinder of Nurgle (28mm, GW), converted from a Defiler, a Warhammer Giant, some Forge World bits, greenstuff, and bass strings.

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

I, lovestick oath the following models for July 2014. They are all Games Workshop and 28mm. Note that these have been primed with Army Painter silver primer.

1 Ghost Ark (the big pile of pieces + stubby bit behind it)
2 Annihilation Barges
2 Spyders
1 Monolith
5 Wraiths (3 new, 2 old)
1 Destroyer Lord
1 Illuminator Szeras
1 Trazyn the Infinite
1 Anrakyr the Traveller
1 Necron Lord
5 Warriors
11 Immortals

Unfortunately my camera has bit the dust and it's a crappy cellphone picture, let me know if you'd like additional photos!

Quick edit: I painted up a gnoblar last month to use for my Mighty Empires league at my local shop. Can I claim "Rolled a 6!" for this fella?

lovestick fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Jul 8, 2014

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe
I, koreban, doth oath these 10 tactical marines from the 3rd edition starter and mk ii rhino transport from GW (28mm) for the month of July.

These are unprimed as of yet. They have GW tactical squad shoulderpads and GW crimson fists icon shoulderpads. The Sergeant is modeled to specification for Sgt. Garadon should I choose to use Sentinels of Terra supplement for my Crimson Fists. The bases are the Champ Industries industrial bases.

The Rhino is an ebay rescue and has been primed with Krylon oxford blue.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Zark the Damned posted:

Finally gotten around to getting my Oath together!

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following minis for the month of July 2014:
Ten Diggas (9 yoofs, one boy converted with a flamer)
One Mad Doc Grotsnik
One Orc Raider
One beefy fucker based on the Inquisitor scale Krash Thrax

All 28mm GW (technically Krash is 54mm being used as a big 28mm guy)

Tadhg posted:

I'm running behind on everything this month, but since LoJ is finally over I at least have evenings free again. Still going have to keep it small, so here goes:

:hist101:I, Tadhg, Oath to paint Gandalf, Saruman, and a palantir for the month of July!:hist101:

Mt. ORourke posted:

I Oath 1 Alexia Ciannor and 1 Transverse Enumerator
Privateer Press

Germ posted:

Gotta get some painting of my own done this month. I, Germ, oath this Soulgrinder of Nurgle (28mm, GW), converted from a Defiler, a Warhammer Giant, some Forge World bits, greenstuff, and bass strings.

lovestick posted:

I, lovestick oath the following models for July 2014. They are all Games Workshop and 28mm. Note that these have been primed with Army Painter silver primer.

1 Ghost Ark (the big pile of pieces + stubby bit behind it)
2 Annihilation Barges
2 Spyders
1 Monolith
5 Wraiths (3 new, 2 old)
1 Destroyer Lord
1 Illuminator Szeras
1 Trazyn the Infinite
1 Anrakyr the Traveller
1 Necron Lord
5 Warriors
11 Immortals

Quick edit: I painted up a gnoblar last month to use for my Mighty Empires league at my local shop. Can I claim "Rolled a 6!" for this fella?

Was this part of your Oath last month? I don't mind claiming Achievements from previous months, as long as it isn't a regular thing, but you'll need to quote your Oath Complete post and ask Iris of Ether to add your Achievement point, so it's easy for us to see.

koreban posted:

I, koreban, doth oath these 10 tactical marines from the 3rd edition starter and mk ii rhino transport from GW (28mm) for the month of July.
Oaths...ACCEPTED!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Gonna oath it up this weekend, but only a couple of 32mm models, super-busy with wedding prep right now...

I think quite a lot of people might be doing the Reaper Gravedigger, I'm probably one of them. it's a great mini.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

I, Lord Hambrose, do oath one (1) Noh Empire Render for Relic Knights. Figure by Soda Pop Miniatures and is 28mm.

I figure now that I finally got this stuff after so many years I might as well do something with it. Pretty happy with all the models I have built so far, but apparently I need to check all the boxes for all the parts. Oh well. ^_^

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I, Lord Hambrose, do oath one (1) Noh Empire Render for Relic Knights. Figure by Soda Pop Miniatures and is 28mm.

Oath Accepted!

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Oath Complete!

Now that they're completed so early, I should try and get their ride done too! So Oath Addition of a Ghost Ark chassie:

LaikatheSpaceDog
May 1, 2014

I, Laika the Space Dog, do hereby oath: A couple lead Grenadier Paranoia bits, a barbecue sauce lid, some Pegasus Hobbies chemical and power plant bits, some plasticard, and a Games Workshop minotaur.

There might be some armature wire and guitar string involved as well.

Trust me. I know what I'm doing.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Oath Complete!

Now that they're completed so early, I should try and get their ride done too! So Oath Addition of a Ghost Ark chassie:

I was wondering what those guys are going to be riding!

LaikatheSpaceDog posted:

I, Laika the Space Dog, do hereby oath: A couple lead Grenadier Paranoia bits, a barbecue sauce lid, some Pegasus Hobbies chemical and power plant bits, some plasticard, and a Games Workshop minotaur.

Oaths Accepted!

gilljoy
May 3, 2009
Quick question, if I oath some stuff say a small 5 man squad, can I oath again once they're finished if they take less time than I expected?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

gilljoy posted:

Quick question, if I oath some stuff say a small 5 man squad, can I oath again once they're finished if they take less time than I expected?

Yes! That's an 'Oath Addition', I'll make sure that stuff is clear in the OP and wiki.

The tricky part about this is that an Oath Addition sort of resets your points earned for the month, meaning if you don't complete an Oath Addition you don't earn any points at all for that month, which if you're going for points is a Bad Thing (we haven't figured out a different way to do this yet, suggestions for the next time are welcome!). If you are just looking to paint more of your stuff, it doesn't matter though!

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Jul 11, 2014

gilljoy
May 3, 2009

krushgroove posted:

Yes! That's an 'Oath Addition', I'll make sure that stuff is clear in the OP and wiki.

The tricky part about this is that an Oath Addition sort of resets your points earned for the month, meaning if you don't complete an Oath Addition you don't earn any points at all for that month, which if you're going for points is a Bad Thing (we haven't figured out a different way to do this yet, suggestions for the next time are welcome!). If you are just looking to paint more of your stuff, it doesn't matter though!

Excellent I'll get some photos taken this evening and make an oath, hopefully I can stick to it and get the stuff painted.

Not too fussed about points just really want motivation to get my trollbloods painted

gilljoy
May 3, 2009
I'm going to join in!

Oathing 1 Rok on custom base and 5 Trollblood warders all from Warmachine and Hordes (30mm)

Please note awesome cat in background is not included in the oath.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

gilljoy posted:

I'm going to join in!

Oathing 1 Rok on custom base and 5 Trollblood warders all from Warmachine and Hordes (30mm)

Until you have to glue together the minis a second time because cats are rad that way :D

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

LaikatheSpaceDog posted:

We expect to see a fully painted and based barbecue sauce lid :colbert:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

gilljoy posted:

I'm going to join in!

Excellent! Oath Accepted!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
thespaceinvader, oathing one Callie, Human Rogue (with weapon swap for some brass rod) and one Gravedigger, by Reaper Bones

LaikatheSpaceDog
May 1, 2014

Pierzak posted:

We expect to see a fully painted and based barbecue sauce lid :colbert:

Sadly, the barbecue sauce lid, as a building material, is proving to be... problematic. It seemed like a good idea at the time, and as it is really just part of an elaborate base, I wish I hadn't included it in the oath.

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

...Out of this period a particularly cunning and strong Ork will emerge as the leader and the other Orks will gather round him...
Ha ha, forgot to post my Oath!

I, Mmtheblue, Oath to paint 1 Games Workshop Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

thespaceinvader posted:

thespaceinvader, oathing one Callie, Human Rogue (with weapon swap for some brass rod) and one Gravedigger, by Reaper Bones

Mmtheblue posted:

Ha ha, forgot to post my Oath!

I, Mmtheblue, Oath to paint 1 Games Workshop Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine!

Oaths Accepted!

Haydrian
Sep 30, 2001
Paid way too much for what I do.
I, Haydrian, do oath eight Games Workshop Fire Warriors

Have to see what I can do for OSL, at least they have Photon Grenades in the codex, that can work for something.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Haydrian posted:

I, Haydrian, do oath eight Games Workshop Fire Warriors

Accepted Do I see more than 5 sets of legs on those sprues? I'm not familiar with Tau models really, and you don't have to paint everything on the sprues, but just wondering.

Haydrian
Sep 30, 2001
Paid way too much for what I do.

krushgroove posted:

Accepted Do I see more than 5 sets of legs on those sprues? I'm not familiar with Tau models really, and you don't have to paint everything on the sprues, but just wondering.

There is an extra pair of legs with a different sort of squatting down pose, also an extra head, but just four sets of torsos/backpacks per sprue set.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

I received my dwarven die bearer. Thanks, Krushgroove. It was here a week ago, but I've been turning in 90 work weeks, which is not exactly conducive to going to the post office... or completing my oath.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
:siren:Oath Complete!:siren:

Generic Forsaken

Saint Mark Reaver

Field Medic

Gunslingers

For this month's bonuses I went for the Inquisitor's Journal (OSL) on Kaeris and the 2 Gunslingers, Backstory, and Box Art on the field medic, which I have included.

Backstory is below.

- - -

For Kaeris, the blistering heat of the forge was a comforting feeling. The burning, causting sting of molten steel was as fragrant to her as flowers were to others, and just as invigorating. It was home, as much as anything could be on this side of the Breach. All around her worked the men and women of the Miners & Steamfitters Union, that salt of the earth, whose back-breaking labor kept Malifaux running and kept the forges hot at all hours of the day.

The smelting bucket sizzled as it poured out a fresh load of liquid steel, pouring into the crevaces of the drop-forge, of what would eventually become yet another steel rail for the ever-expanding railways. A spark flew out, landing upon her arm, but she didn't even notice. The heat paled compared to the burning intensity within her. Her thoughts wandered, arriving on the Guild and their stranglehold over resources, and their slave driver mentality to the workers who drove themselves to the bone for meager slips of paper.

Ramos had a mission for her. Another raid on the Guild. She couldn't wait.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe
:siren: OATH COMPLETE :siren:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
drat Slimnoid, you paint purdy. That OSL is lovely.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

I received my dwarven die bearer. Thanks, Krushgroove. It was here a week ago, but I've been turning in 90 work weeks, which is not exactly conducive to going to the post office... or completing my oath.

Cool! I've been too busy to paint recently as well...but not THAT busy, drat!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
:siren: Alert!

I'll be out of the country for the next few days (until Sunday night), so if anyone Oaths anything or has a question, please just carry on painting whatcha got and be patient and I'll get to ya as soon as I can!

That is all. (M*A*S*H reference)

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

krushgroove posted:

:siren: Alert!

I'll be out of the country for the next few days (until Sunday night), so if anyone Oaths anything or has a question, please just carry on painting whatcha got and be patient and I'll get to ya as soon as I can!

That is all. (M*A*S*H reference)

"I have a message. Lieutenant Colonel... krushgroove's plane... was shot down... over the Sea of Japan. It spun in ... there were no survivors."

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

SRM posted:

drat Slimnoid, you paint purdy. That OSL is lovely.

All the OSL was airbrush work, just two colors (Reaper Phoenix Red and Fire Orange), and used in the directions that made the most sense--in this case, leaning the airbrush right on the base and letting go with light pressure.

I do tend to be a minimalist when it comes to OSL though, so I think that's what is keeping them from being BIG POPPING FUZZY GLOW like so much airbrush OSL usually goes.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I think that's why I appreciate it. It's not exactly subtle, but it's not overdone by any stretch of the imagination.

muskets
Nov 23, 2013

ルンピカビーム!

Indolent Bastard posted:

"I have a message. Lieutenant Colonel... krushgroove's plane... was shot down... over the Sea of Japan. It spun in ... there were no survivors."

Henry :cry:

...Does anyone do decent 28mm Korean War stuff? I suppose 15mm would do, but Bolt Action gets way more play than FoW here.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

:siren: I enri, do oath the following for the month of July.. :siren:

Final odds and sods from my DZC starter set, I've been putting these guys off for ages.. if I get these done this month then my entire DZC collection to date will have been painting during multiple oathing seasons.

- 3 x Condor Medium Dropship, scale is 10mm and manufacturer is Hawk Wargames
- 3 x Marauder Medium Dropship, scale is 10mm and manufacturer is Hawk Wargames

Colour on the condors is black undercoat, I can get better pics if necessary

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I, Lord Hypnostache oath 4 Deathwatch Space Marines, 1 Space Marine Chaplain, 10 Zombies, 10 Ghouls and 1 Sanctum Imperialis

The ghouls and zombies will be used in 40k as plague zombies, that's why they have round bases and some 40k bits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

I, Korwen, for the month of July oath a Devout and Redeemer from Privateer Press

• Locked thread