Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

stoutfish posted:

hearasy to say, but i like raccoons to not have giant balls myself

i am going to play a game called ghost trick, idgi seems simple so far.

ghost trick is a good game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

i missed a prime opportunity for a ghost trick snipe

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTcHSGn2h1s&t=105s

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

MiniFoo posted:

i missed a prime opportunity for a ghost trick snipe

in ace attorney investigations 2, there is a dog named missile who is a reference to this dog.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Divinity is so obscenely good, I'm waiting for this game to pull the rug out and go "nah actually it's poo poo from here on out" but it keeps just getting better :swoon:

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

death .cab for qt posted:

playin ftl on a laptop with a touchscreen is like being a fuckin master of the universe

this makes me feel much better about the free windows 8 tablet that might be in my future

e: also the problem with heroes 6 is that it doesn't have wizards.

Tanith fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Jul 8, 2014

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Skyl3lazer posted:

Divinity is so obscenely good, I'm waiting for this game to pull the rug out and go "nah actually it's poo poo from here on out" but it keeps just getting better :swoon:
yeah, it looks like they put their experience of fixing divinity 2 into use from the start

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Jerry Cotton posted:

the funniest tv shows are yes minister and yes prime minister hth

yep

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Shaggar posted:

aiden is the worst name

is the characters last name mith?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

HA HA WHAT A STORY MARK

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Korean Boomhauer posted:

as padding. i should go dig it out some time.

a swiss supplier sometimes puts in hard candy (in wrappers) instead of packing popcorn it's p great. also all foreign newspapers seem to have better comic strips than the local papers :(

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

stoutfish posted:

hearasy to say, but i like raccoons to not have giant balls myself

i am going to play a game called ghost trick, idgi seems simple so far.

it's basically a series of episodes where one plot point gets resolved and opens two more on a cliffhanger and gets more and more bonkers yet somehow makes sense and ghost trick owns

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Jerry Cotton posted:

HA HA WHAT A STORY MARK

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
gaming kills babbies

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

well, he was playing assassin's creed 3

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Korean Boomhauer posted:

is this out yet?

40.01 released about 7 hours ago

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

toadio

james

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

:rip: you glorious basterd

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

:rip: you glorious basterd

both the babies in that gif are now dead

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Jerry Cotton posted:

both the babies in that gif are now dead

:drat:

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

i finally started playing this last night and everything is pretty good about it. i just finished the tutorial cave and the idea of environmental changes with moveable crates and poo poo is pretty awesome but its a sad place we're in if i am excited about modding the environment by moving things

hubris.height fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Jul 8, 2014

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
cgs: playing divine divinity and skeletal wall owns, but now I'm regretting putting points into summon skeleton because skeletal wall is exactly the same but with actually good skeletons instead of terrible skeletons

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

USSMICHELLEBACHMAN posted:

might and magic x is good????
no actual idea but i liked character creation and the first hour of gameplay

to be clear transitions are a little slow on the mba and it does get fans going but i was prepared for it to crash and never work after the first transition judging from the steam comments

i quoted blackula because it's been a while since i've played something that doesn't hold your hand and that you actually want to look in the documentation for to figure out the system

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Are we posting our Japanese bideo because I got a ton of those

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

duckfarts posted:

cgs: playing divine divinity and skeletal wall owns, but now I'm regretting putting points into summon skeleton because skeletal wall is exactly the same but with actually good skeletons instead of terrible skeletons
diablo 2.txt

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
I want to believe that Divinity is good but how can I trust opinions from the same awful nerds who somehow enjoy jRPGs.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

post psot post

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
actually, I should correct that

the better skeletons are ghost skeletons. maybe they are better because they're double dead

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

at the date posted:

I want to believe that Divinity is good but how can I trust opinions from the same awful nerds who somehow enjoy jRPGs.

tbf i think im the only awful nerd on this page that enjoys jrpgs, and if its any consolation i enjoy them mostly because they are so terrible instead of in spite of their terribleness

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
someone tried to sell me on divinity by explaining that it's so old school it's possible to gently caress up your build and find yourself unable to continue and have to start over. this did not convince me that I should play it

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

01011001 posted:

which quest is it

the lighthouse. I talked to the dude underground and killed the miniboss but the captain doesn't think i've done anything. do I have to solve samson's quest first? no big if so, just dramatically different than the walkthrough sats

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

at the date posted:

i hate all jrpgs and didn't really enjoy any of the infinity engine D&D stuff because I played it in like 2007, which was too late

divinity is like baldur's gate only good and understandable and the quests are fun and interesting. there's just a ton of poo poo that, after reading the documentation, i've learned is undocumented - and there's nary a tooltip to be found

did you know you can pick up elemental barrels and put them in your inventory

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

haveblue posted:

someone tried to sell me on divinity by explaining that it's so old school it's possible to gently caress up your build and find yourself unable to continue and have to start over. this did not convince me that I should play it

and no, this isn't really true. I hosed up my build pretty bad and am doing fine, and apparently about 20 hours in you get a respec. there should be one in the first town though

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

haveblue posted:

if you go with default builds you will be fine

i'm sure you could screw yourself during leveling if you put every single point into telepathy and blacksmithing though

it's a good game, it's old school in the dark souls sense where they don't hold your hand and there is a challenge but it's way more polished and playable than real old school games ever were

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Liver Disaster posted:

holy poo poo pocky and rocky is not easy at all
was this game in the arcade at some point?

holy poo poo, it actually looks like it was!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXRfXekITrQ

it is super hard tho, i went back to play it and i sucked rear end, no idea how i even beat the 1st level, let alone the crazy ones afterwards (i guess lots of practice since it was the only thing i did for a while)

did anyone else have a chinese neighbor who had a famicon system? and also had a SNES game copier, so we rented games and put them all on floppys to use in this imported thing

he owned

he was going to sell me that too but i was like 13 and had no money and my parents sure as gently caress weren't gonna pay for it

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

at the date posted:

the only jrpg i like is persona 4 and i think divinity is awesome. if you liked any of the previous divinity games, this is a major step up from them.

it's a good game. probably one of the best KS projects to date.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
huh. so kickstarter actually produces decent games from time to time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Mr Dog posted:

huh. so kickstarter actually produces decent games from time to time.

ftl will forever serve as justification for kickstarter

• Locked thread