Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Ian McLean posted:

I am done with this forum. I have never taken meds and I am tired of hearing it every comment. If just one of you would have seriously backed statpedia with the amount of time spent criticizing people, it probably would have been enough to create snowballing success by now. It is time for me to spend my free time doing more productive things to make this happen.

r.i.p. ian on SA forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

oh you started a new page

i was like what are you talking about? until i checked the post history

wb ian

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

syscall girl posted:

oh you started a new page

i was like what are you talking about? until i checked the post history

wb ian
an unfortunate post to snype with

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
i don't know if this has been posted here already but i just discovered the best indiegogo "i don't understand science/technology" scam ever

e: oops https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/wifiex#home

Vicas fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jul 7, 2014

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
loving lmao

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Unless this is something indiegogo just does it also looks like they're deleting all the comments except their own... which respond to non-visible comments

WiFiEX Group
4 hours ago
@Keiran
We are using the word “charge” but there is something like exchange between the wifiex device & the satellites so we can make it for later use .

@Matt
Internet Satellites to cover the whole planet

- Thanks
WiFiEX Team

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Vicas posted:

i don't know if this has been posted here already but i just discovered the best indiegogo "i don't understand science/technology" scam ever

e: oops https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/wifiex#home

is that a flat out scam, or are they just stupid? or does the answer lie somewhere in the middle?

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
it's indiegogo so it's probably just stupid

lol flexible funding.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

stoutfish posted:

it's indiegogo so it's probably just stupid another free energy scam

lolsee: flexible funding.

let's be real, this has all the hallmarks of those water powered engines, just with something even less people understand

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
i have trouble believing a scammer still believes there is money to made in indie go go.

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed
satellites, how do they fuckin work

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

quote:

@Chang Syee Haur
Yes , it can be used all around the world cause we will cover the whole planet with a lot of satellites.

quote:

@Keiran
We are using the word “charge” but there is something like exchange between the wifiex device & the satellites so we can make it for later use .

quote:

@ShangChe
Allright , we will give you example :)
Have you seen those “Portable battery chargers for smartphones” ?
Well the idea of the device is based on it , but the difference here is the internet part.
Instead of charging the device from pc with electricity you will charge our device ( WiFiEX) with internet from your home-wifi.
And yes , we will also try to cover the whole planet with satellites for sure , so you will be able to have internet everywhere you go.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Nelson MandEULA posted:

is that a flat out scam, or are they just stupid? or does the answer lie somewhere in the middle?

a company that claims you can charge internet at home then use it on the go with a satellite network (that they hope to launch soon) in a tiny package AND that they have a prototype and all the software completed (but they can't show you). sounds legit right? honest mistake?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
ian you need to talk to valeyard

he's gonna take you places

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
the funny part is they're gonna make $2000 for posting a YouTube video and spending maybe 20 minutes in photoshop, then posting on the internet every day for a month

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
i'd like a thing that caches internets im likely to visit for plane/train rides

the english is just broken enough that might be what they're selling

then it claims it has a SIM card and no, no it's just a scam

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

JawnV6 posted:

i'd like a thing that caches internets im likely to visit for plane/train rides

the english is just broken enough that might be what they're selling

then it claims it has a SIM card and no, no it's just a scam

this sort of assumes that people would know the difference between static and dynamic content. it'd fail for like 80% of the internet and you could never sell something like that

now, essentially free worldwide internet? sign me up

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

theflyingexecutive posted:

a company that claims you can charge internet at home then use it on the go with a satellite network (that they hope to launch soon) in a tiny package AND that they have a prototype and all the software completed (but they can't show you). sounds legit right? honest mistake?

i know of all the stupidity on that page this isn't even top 10, but i also lol'ed at

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol I didn't even get that the first time

Bisty Q.
Jul 22, 2008

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

i know of all the stupidity on that page this isn't even top 10, but i also lol'ed at

where is the 'satellite launch' step :confused:

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

look you wanted a timeline here's a loving line with some times on it suck it

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?
a potato salad copycat appears

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/703899000/baking-brownies

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

e: gently caress wrong thread

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR

bantt chart

Daman
Oct 28, 2011
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/schuyler/lockpicks-by-open-locksport/posts/903690

well, instead of lockpicks, I guess pages worth of e/n bullshit is a good product.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Daman posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/schuyler/lockpicks-by-open-locksport/posts/903690

well, instead of lockpicks, I guess pages worth of e/n bullshit is a good product.

"So, at the center of this Kickstarter is a broken person."

thats kinda cold

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Daman posted:

what.the.gently caress.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
"every day I constantly visualize my own death"

wtf wheres my lockpicks you human being

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Fabricated posted:

"every day I constantly visualize my own death"

wtf wheres my lockpicks you human being

much to my surprise only the first comment is sorta like that ("who do I send my updated address to so when it ships it goes to the right place")

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
i'm the idiots who bought mass-produced custom items

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

quote:

We are currently still fulfilling pick mail-outs for the $500 level backers. Schuyler is being sent the etched metal to do the next large batch of picks. Our very rough estimate is that Schuyler owes 19,876 picks to various backers/customers. 660 picks have gone out.

this makes bfl and the ouya look well managed

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

I'd back that for a dollar!!!

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

i can't even imagine how boring a person has to be to actually make a copycat of the potato salad kickstarter

but otoh

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

past projects:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/703899000/48-hour-film-project-new-haven-team-eagle-eye?ref=users

quote:

The 48 Hour Film Project is an international competition that gives film crews 48 hours to write, cast, film, edit, and turn-in a film.

Team Eagle Eye is jumping into the film competition scene again!

We participated in the 2012 New Haven 48 Hour Film Project with another team, Team Braaains, which brought us home a "Most Improved Director" award and screening at the "Best Of".

quote:

Funding Canceled Funding for this project was canceled by the project creator on July 16, 2013.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/627131405/download-more-internet

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

quote:

The 48 Hour Film Project

hey my buddy did one of those

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKA1SMa4DjI

i think its p good :)

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
put my pressy back in the box and deleted the app. battery life seems significantly improved.

coincidence?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
still lmao that you bought one

• Locked thread