Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Law Cheetah posted:

And who knows where this is all gonna be in a year, or six months even. They had Dog the Bounty Hunter on tape saying "friend of the family" and he got another gig once enough time had passed.

The difference here being that Dog went out and did the whole apology tour, genuine or not, convinced people that he was making an effort to become a better person. Anthony is STILL trying to justify his actions on twitter, now against Cenk from TYT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Dog is also beloved by black people.

mousetrench
Apr 3, 2008

We need to paint inspirational murals in urban areas.
They got one here of a hotdog stabbin Ghandi while he's sittin on the toilet cryin.
It says "may ur dreams soar forever...."
It just occurred to me that in principle I'm against Anthony being fired the way he was, but as a fan I get some degree of satisfaction out of it and can't really bring myself to get bent out of shape. That seems oddly backwards to me.

mousetrench
Apr 3, 2008

We need to paint inspirational murals in urban areas.
They got one here of a hotdog stabbin Ghandi while he's sittin on the toilet cryin.
It says "may ur dreams soar forever...."

therealjon_ posted:

Dog is also beloved by black people.

He has also resolved to be buried with black slaves as a noble act of atonement. Can't forget about that.

foobar
Jul 6, 2002

These are the top 20 highest earning podcasts. "This Week in Tech" is #1 at $50k an episode. I don't see Anthony approaching that kind of money with LFTC. Surprisingly, Billy Burr's Monday Morning Podcast is making $6500 an episode, I can see Anthony operating in that range.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

foobar posted:

These are the top 20 highest earning podcasts. "This Week in Tech" is #1 at $50k an episode. I don't see Anthony approaching that kind of money with LFTC. Surprisingly, Billy Burr's Monday Morning Podcast is making $6500 an episode, I can see Anthony operating in that range.

Bill does one once a week though, which is nice, but Anthony is going to want to make more than that per week and naturally the more you do per week the less each would sell.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

mousetrench posted:

It just occurred to me that in principle I'm against Anthony being fired the way he was, but as a fan I get some degree of satisfaction out of it and can't really bring myself to get bent out of shape. That seems oddly backwards to me.

I was hoping it would just be some sort of suspension/wake up call but the way he carried on made that impossible. He still insists he did nothing wrong instead of just piling another wrong on.
Maybe a suspension would have knocked some sense into him. As in "look, no more Stormfront bullshit on air." But now he's just validated in a strange way and any outside podcast will push these talking points to the front.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Guze posted:

Well, Gandhi didn't like black people either.

:thurman:

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Do you guys really think the Anthony's Eugenics, Statistics and Realist's Observations of WSHH Videos podcast is going to pull in big subscriber numbers?

He was loving insufferable when he had to share a comedy show with 2 other people and now he lost his job because of his views, validating all of his nonsense. How funny do you really think a podcast from him is going to be?

And you're ignoring the fact that big shows like Bill Burrs gets advertisers like Hulu. I am guessing Hulu would not want to advertise on the Stormfront power hour.

Tomahawk fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Jul 8, 2014

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I wish he would blog his slow decline in wealth and having to cut back on his spending habits. It would be grand, just a long rant and pictures of his McMansion being sold for a much more modest abode, ahahaha loving idiot.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Someone already said it but *birds chirping to pleasant uplifting morning chime* "Ahhhh, nice and rested, what will I say on the show toda.......... OH GOD I SAID A BUNCH OF RACIST poo poo ON TWITTER WHILE WASTED AND LOST MY 3 MILLION A YEAR 4 HOUR A DAY GIG!!!!!!!!"

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Tomahawk posted:

He was loving insufferable when he had to share a comedy show with 2 other people and now he lost his job because of his views, validating all of his nonsense. How funny do you really think a podcast from him is going to be?

I don't know. The fact he's talking about bringing back the 55 drum challenge while brainstorming compound show ideas makes me slightly hopeful.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Most of the sponsors are affiliate based. So as long as the audience types his name into the box at checkout or clicks an Amazon link off his page he will be fine.

tuddy
Aug 1, 2006
I'll scream it until your ears bleed; You'll always have a friend in me.

T Bowl posted:

Someone already said it but *birds chirping to pleasant uplifting morning chime* "Ahhhh, nice and rested, what will I say on the show toda.......... OH GOD I SAID A BUNCH OF RACIST poo poo ON TWITTER WHILE WASTED AND LOST MY 3 MILLION A YEAR 4 HOUR A DAY GIG!!!!!!!!"

:golf clap:

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

mousetrench posted:

He has also resolved to be buried with black slaves as a noble act of atonement. Can't forget about that.

Wait I really don't follow the pop culture machine. Seriously?

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Wait I really don't follow the pop culture machine. Seriously?

Yeah, they covered it on the show way back when it happened. I wanna say 2007? It was a pretty hilarious segment.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
It was a (recently uploaded?) Jasonayeiter clip. It's hilarious to re-listen to.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Call Me Charlie posted:

I don't know. The fact he's talking about bringing back the 55 drum challenge while brainstorming compound show ideas makes me slightly hopeful.
Yeah, as much as it's probably not the show I want to watch, bringing back the old shock jockery in full force at his own risk is probably the only way to go. At least then he would end up getting in some hilarious trouble and going out with a bang instead of quickly being shuffled aside for tweets that most of the listeners never even read before the news picked them up.

tuddy
Aug 1, 2006
If the irony of Ant's firing stays on track, I'm certain someone will die during an old school shock jock contest. This will quickly transform LFTC into nothing but a House of Horrors.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

tuddy posted:

If the irony of Ant's firing stays on track, I'm certain someone will die during an old school shock jock contest. This will quickly transform LFTC into nothing but a House of Horrors.

This reminds me: didn't O&A try to do Hold Your Wee for a Wii after a woman died doing it?

tuddy
Aug 1, 2006

TL posted:

This reminds me: didn't O&A try to do Hold Your Wee for a Wii after a woman died doing it?

No I think that was the turning point in radio's ability to do contests.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
I seem to recall the boys explaining on a news show another tragedy involving a man named Erik Nagel dying while in a bunny suit for a radio contest.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

What was that Back to the Future thing they did a couple years ago? I could see him doing some kind of angry drunken Rifftrax type thing over popular movies or old sitcom episodes.

Stotty
Apr 5, 2004
Is there really a market for stuff like that anymore?

Also, who are they getting to volunteer for this poo poo? Before you had people going to an actual radio station, being broadcast over the air maintaining some veneer of professionalism and safety, not some 65 year old racists back yard.

I have also enjoyed that the most frequent defence of Anthony I have read during this whole debacle is "Why did he get fired for this, he's said much worse things in the past!".

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Stotty posted:

I have also enjoyed that the most frequent defence of Anthony I have read during this whole debacle is "Why did he get fired for this, he's said much worse things in the past!".

I prefer the "show me where he was being racist, he was just referring to a very specific violent community of blacks, not all blacks!"

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

It's time to buy a gift for a special someone that only Shari's Berries can provide. Using promo code "Animal", get 50% off specially marked chocolate covered strawberries.

tuddy
Aug 1, 2006

Stotty posted:

Also, who are they getting to volunteer for this poo poo?

Everyone wants to go viral, everyone wants to be famous. Thats the easiest part.

tuddy
Aug 1, 2006

Harlock posted:

It's time to buy a gift for a special someone that only Shari's Berries can provide. Using promo code "Animal", get 50% off specially marked chocolate covered strawberries.

they're doing a collaboration with pajamagram's new "hoodie-schwoogie" line.

Stotty
Apr 5, 2004

Harlock posted:

They dark chocolate and white chocolate berries have to be kept separate.

Stotty fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jul 8, 2014

Interocitor
Jun 26, 2003

No no, farther TOWARD the kill zone please!

Harlock posted:

I'm re-listening to all o&a/r&f Soder appearances, where amongst they played the Burr live read). He should get him aboard for the LFTC, god knows he's obsessed by the compound and is the funniest fucker either show have had on for a while.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Stotty posted:

They dark chocolate and white chocolate berries have to be kept separate.

No, no, they only sell white chocolate ones in America, AS IT SHOULD BE!

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Ant's first real interview:
http://www.thewire.com/business/2014/07/anthony-cumia-breaks-his-silence-on-opie-and-jim-norton-continuing-his-show-without-him/374086/

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
He was being a jackass to Cenk Uyger on Twitter earlier trying to say that his tweets wern't about black people LOL. And in the above article he's crying about them being taken out of context (apparently his history of being a despicable racist on the air isn't the context he meant...)

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Stotty posted:

Is there really a market for stuff like that anymore?

Yes.

I would pay a few bucks to see Lady Di and Bobo put in barrels outside and have poo poo dumped on them until the police showed up.

haha, I love that they linked to this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG5untIinmQ

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jul 8, 2014

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

edit: I'm a dummy. Crumbs != Mollys

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Incredible. Shame Di didn't show up.

Reclines Obesily fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jul 8, 2014

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
This is the first time I've seen that video: Is Bobo's bellybutton sweating? :gonk:

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Tomahawk posted:

The difference here being that Dog went out and did the whole apology tour, genuine or not, convinced people that he was making an effort to become a better person. Anthony is STILL trying to justify his actions on twitter, now against Cenk from TYT.

So if you say it's sorry and grovel a lot, even if you don't mean it, that makes it better? I mean, who exactly did Dog convince? This is the exact thing that O&A and Jimmy have been mocking this past month, half-assed apologies to appeal the outraged masses.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

"having bobo as a defender is kinda like Rick Moranis in the courtroom scene from ghostbusters 2"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

BottledBodhisvata posted:

So if you say it's sorry and grovel a lot, even if you don't mean it, that makes it better? I mean, who exactly did Dog convince? This is the exact thing that O&A and Jimmy have been mocking this past month, half-assed apologies to appeal the outraged masses.

He's just saying that it might be what helped him get another job, not making any value judgement about it

I still think that time + money-making potential is a bigger factor, though.

• Locked thread