Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

1st AD posted:

I dunno Mill Street Bistro was pretty amazing considering that the owner was just as deluded as Amy was and then after the show fired ANYONE who was disloyal to him during filming.

It's always hilarious when chef-owners get into a serious argument with Ramsay about how to prepare a certain type of food.

"What the gently caress does this British rear end in a top hat know about Italian food?" -frozen lasagna, can't make meatballs

"Big deal, he's got Michelin stars, still doesn't know anything about our type of seafood" -serves frozen shrimp in New Orleans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
my favorite was the dude from casa roma saying "so he's got a fancy restaurant and two michelin stars? big deal, so he's got 2 tires and a spare!"

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Gordon: "It was bland! There's no flavor!"
Owner: "But that's what the customers like."

Being from the midwest, I understand :smith:

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

pentyne posted:

It's always hilarious when chef-owners get into a serious argument with Ramsay about how to prepare a certain type of food.

"What the gently caress does this British rear end in a top hat know about Italian food?" -frozen lasagna, can't make meatballs

"Big deal, he's got Michelin stars, still doesn't know anything about our type of seafood" -serves frozen shrimp in New Orleans

The Mill Street guy was trying to make poo poo like Elk meat Quesasillas :doh:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

1st AD posted:

The Mill Street guy was trying to make poo poo like Elk meat Quesasillas :doh:

Elk is delicious and I would eat anything it's in. Hell, I'd put it on pizza.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Previously... on Master Stripper Ariel Dancer

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Heels

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Heels three times already. Gonna start doing shots

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Bob Morales posted:

Heels three times already. Gonna start doing shots

Dibs on your stuff after you die of alcohol poisoning!

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Leslie is standing down quickly... smart man.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Victoria really doesn't own anything that isn't denim, does she?

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Mad Dragon posted:

I even bet her cd collection of Lilith Fair and Indigo Girls albums are in a denim binder.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

DON'T TELL JOE WHAT HE CAN AND CANNOT DO!

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life
Don't they already have a garbage can up there? He's such a drama queen.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Mad Dragon posted:

No, no she does not.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Cutter is a dick

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

And a million voices cried out: "Who is Christine?"

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life
This pie bitch is going to skate to the end on mediocrity, isn't she.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Elise has to be an OkCupid slamwhale, right?

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

TrekBek posted:

This pie bitch is going to skate to the end on mediocrity, isn't she.

It got her out of this elimination.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
So uhhhhh, Dan Wu has this, right?

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Capsaicin posted:

Fake out! The guy who has never made them will make perfect ones. Asian guy will gently caress something up.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Capsaicin posted:

If Courtney were ever in a Pressure Test, they would have to make a cake big enough to leap out of.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Worthless Asian man! You can't even make spring rolls!

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
I am so tired of all the close ups and focus on Courtney. It is past the point of ridiculous.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

There is no way that Francis' rolls tasted worse than Cutters looked

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Red velvet cake. :yum:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I don't get their love affair with Courtney at all.

Like yeah she wins a challenge, but there's no reason for them to refer to her and ask her stuff throughout the episode. She didn't even cook this episode.

spronk
Feb 5, 2011

Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.
The finale is going to be Fat Albert, anime girl, and Heels the Stripper. I'm not sure which of the 3 will win, but those 3 seem to be getting all the "winner edits". I'd add old Surfer Guy to the mix but I don't think the Walmart shopping crowd would be cool with a rich white old guy winning. I do love his teeth though, how does he get them so white.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
Actually kind of shocked that Leslie stood down for the sake of the team. Before his ridiculous performance during the wedding challenge, I didn't think he was so bad, and he sort of reverted back to that here. Defensive, sure, but perhaps misunderstood a bit as the older house husband. That being said, I fully expect him to blow up again down the line.

When they chastise Francis and Christian for putting up a dish that's just ok, and then congratulate Courtney for playing it that way, well, that's why people get annoyed with this show. Not that it was an obviously amazing dish, but still, there's a difference between underwhelming and legitimately bad. It really felt like they got picked to be in the pressure test for drama rather than rank, especially with Elise being clueless as usual.

Also pretty shocked that Francis is going home. Cutter's really did look worse and sounded a lot worse. Doughy filling compared to grease. Then again, Francis has been toward the bottom a lot despite being considered a frontrunner.

But honestly, Dan should have been gone already. He got very lucky. He was so nonchalant during the first part, I think he thinks he's going to coast to the final seven, mentally because he's great, realistically because he's not the worst.

He's in way over his head and so is Elise. As they continue to cut the dead weight, they'll be gone. Then the people who aren't featured players, like Elizabeth, Victoria, and probably even Cutter himself.

By the way, they aren't doing themselves any favors as far as what people think of the show's results when they only have a single judge test each plate for elimination. Notice it was Joe who tested Francis and Cutter's dishes.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Cutter is really annoying and has consistently been bad and obnoxious.

Also Dan should go because he's so loving blasé about everything.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Asiina posted:

Like yeah she wins a challenge, but there's no reason for them to refer to her and ask her stuff throughout the episode. She didn't even cook this episode.

Willie is 10x more interesting to listen to when he talks about the food. He just radiates this passion for food while Courtney seems like she's trying to act how she thinks a professional chef acts.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.
My take on this is they need to have a few decent eliminated people for the "cook your way back in the competition" episode in 5-6 weeks. There's no way that Francis B's was worse than Cutters, however, the obvious technical error of pan-frying the spring roll to get the color on there is way bigger of a fuckup (in the judges' eyes, they love taking people to task for technical stuff) than making them somewhat correctly but underfilling them.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Asiina posted:

She has the "compelling" story which means, per Masterchef rules, she's almost certain to win no matter how skilled she is at cooking. I was wondering if she takes those stupid heels off when the producers aren't looking; does she have a pair of slippers at her station that she switches into when they're not taking shots of her legs?

Also weren't they spelling Ahran's name Iran a few episodes ago?

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.
You fuckers are crazy if you don't think big Willie is winning this all. Making the stripper look awesome is just so you can feel like Willie had a come from behind victory and his story can be that much better.

Titty dancer and him will be final 2. Leslie will be in top 5.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
I don't think Big Willie will win for the simple reason that they've barely put any focus on him. Every winner so far had been more or less present since the beginning they didn't just start getting more face time toward the end.

I'm thinking Christian might win. That was his first fall, we're about to enter the redemption arc. Merely due to the fact that she's a stripper I don't think there's any way Courtney can win this, but she might if they try to spin it as 'she went from stri- aerial dancer to master chef! look how she turned things around :D '

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I don't think Big Willie will win, but I think he'll make it far. I'd like him to win cause he seems like a good cook and a good guy, but I doubt it.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

I don't think they lady cooking with denim-lady has every been seen on the show before. And the fact that I don't know denim-lady's name means both of them will be gone fairly soon

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Kloaked00 posted:

I don't think they lady cooking with denim-lady has every been seen on the show before. And the fact that I don't know denim-lady's name means both of them will be gone fairly soon

Gone to Vermont to open a small Bed & Breakfast hopefully :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

benisntfunny posted:

You fuckers are crazy if you don't think big Willie is winning this all. Making the stripper look awesome is just so you can feel like Willie had a come from behind victory and his story can be that much better.

Titty dancer and him will be final 2. Leslie will be in top 5.

Willie's not photogenic enough to be put on the cover a cook book (feel free to read some race into that, too, since I'm sure that's going into the producer's considerations), but he's got a story as well which will carry him pretty far in the show.

Leslie is going to stick around because they're going to try to make him the villain of the show, but as far as reality show villains go he's just an annoying doofus and that's all editing. Same thing for IAhran, though I'd actually give her a chance at winning if they start playing up her story unlike Leslie and Willie.

Since I'm posting, is it me or are the mid-range guys just not that good this season? I'm sure it's a side effect of casting more heavily on "personality" than ability and trying to build a story out of them, but most of these people don't seem to be strong even as hobbyist cooks.