Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Can I get an invite for Cardathian?

I'm trying this out again and figure at some point I should give guilds a shot rather than just soloing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murvin
Jan 7, 2008
Jet-setter and raconteur

I'm still around, still reading, and quietly waiting for 3.0 as Marhom said. I haven't completely written off the game but right now there is better stuff to play while progression stagnates (Like Marvel Heroes try it damnit).Hopefully a bunch of us come back to try the expansion out and rekindle some of the fun.

I have a lot of you on Steam hit me up some time.

RubySprinkles
Jul 8, 2008
Could someone re-invite my alts: Honkey, Kracker, and Ahab? I never had them re-invited after we transferred off Deepwood and then back to Deepwood.

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

OK, caught up with guild invites for the last couple of pages.

I'm not playing much either, hello Planetside. Progression and gearing up brick wall hit and little inclination to hop guilds to fix that.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
If you're waiting for 3.0 then probably the thing to do Soon is dump all of your level 60 crafting materials, runes, dream orbs, etc. on the auction house.

If you're really sure you won't be back until 3.0 then maybe even runebreak all of your raid gear to dump the Dreaming Stars. The prices of ALL that poo poo is going to crash when 3.0 comes out, just like the 20hr CD mats did when Storm Legion came out.

They've promised that current raid gear won't be obsoleted by greens in 3.0, but I'll be extremely shocked if they're better than the new level cap blues, so I guess decide for yourself if you want faster leveling or ~500 plat.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

OneEightHundred posted:

If you're waiting for 3.0 then probably the thing to do Soon is dump all of your level 60 crafting materials, runes, dream orbs, etc. on the auction house.

If you're really sure you won't be back until 3.0 then maybe even runebreak all of your raid gear to dump the Dreaming Stars. The prices of ALL that poo poo is going to crash when 3.0 comes out, just like the 20hr CD mats did when Storm Legion came out.

They've promised that current raid gear won't be obsoleted by greens in 3.0, but I'll be extremely shocked if they're better than the new level cap blues, so I guess decide for yourself if you want faster leveling or ~500 plat.

That is actually a great idea. I have to actually sign in to accomplish that, though =/

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!
I mean I just hit 60 not too long ago and the itemization was such that even in quested stuff it was okay, so worst case scenario if you're not terrible you should easily be able to get by half naked. I was still using lvl ~30ish gear as I got closer to 60, just because I could not find replacements until then and I was usually top DPS. Partly because of the Mentor system. Of course once I was doing archive of flesh non-mentored players were blowing everyone out of the water.

But I think they realized how broken that is and won't inflate stats as much this time around. That's the impression I got, anyway.

Definitely try to make money while you can. I'd even think it'd be a good time to invest in REX since they're going for 1k now and the price of gifting credit things will probably go waaaay up in 3.0, along with REX, since there will be a surge of people actually playing. But I'm no expert so maybe somebody can weigh in on this and tell me why I'm wrong.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

OneEightHundred posted:

Haha like I'm going to shard the sweet models on my Tier 3 Raid gear.

Oh wait that stuff looks like poo poo :saddowns:.

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

OneEightHundred posted:

Good advice on selling stuff, the prices will only go down. My banked mats made me 4k overnight, and still got 1/2 the stash to go!

Sgt. Slaughter
Sep 3, 2008
In as Thedave on Deepwood. Just hit level 12 or some such.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

necrotic posted:

That is actually a great idea. I have to actually sign in to accomplish that, though =/
If you're feeling lazy then just undercut the lowest seller by 1 copper and it'll all be gone in a day.

Tom Powers posted:

I'd even think it'd be a good time to invest in REX since they're going for 1k now and the price of gifting credit things will probably go waaaay up in 3.0, along with REX, since there will be a surge of people actually playing. But I'm no expert so maybe somebody can weigh in on this and tell me why I'm wrong.
Yes, but not for that reason.

I don't think that credit prices are going to go up significantly, because the amount of US dollars that people think a squirrel mount is worth isn't going to change.

However, its worth isn't level-specific and they are probably going to increase the rate that plat enters the game through trash dropping more of it and items vendoring for more money, which will make plat go down in value, so it is still worth it as an investment!

Zoness posted:

Haha like I'm going to shard the sweet models on my Tier 3 Raid gear.
You mean the models on your RoS/GSB gear.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
Man, first Defiance and now Rift. Trion please become really good again I liked you :(

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
Don't forget they can gently caress up ArcheAge too!

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

deimos posted:

Don't forget they can gently caress up ArcheAge too!

That doesn't seem to require any effort.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011
i tested the new dungeon (nightmare coast) on pts recently

it drops t2 gear apparently? i cant tell if it was placeholder loot or not because it wasnt warrior loot so i didnt recognize it. its difficulty definitely doesnt validate t2 but it's trion so who knows. someone pointed out that exodus of the storm queen dropped comparable loot to ID so maybe that will happen

and while i'm well beyond needing t2 (or any) gear (EXCEPT A loving KRAKEN SPINE/BURNING REVELATION gently caress YOU JOSH YORK) i'm down to help goons farm that poo poo for welfare purpz

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!
Could I get any Weaponsmiths to craft me a Seal?

The halfway decent ones on the AH are like 400 plat and I could just buyout all the materials off the AH for 1/10th that.

Not to mention I can just gather most of them myself.

Drop me a name and I can mail the mined/foraged stuff for this one or maybe you know of a better one?

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Tom Powers posted:

Could I get any Weaponsmiths to craft me a Seal?

The halfway decent ones on the AH are like 400 plat and I could just buyout all the materials off the AH for 1/10th that.

Not to mention I can just gather most of them myself.

Drop me a name and I can mail the mined/foraged stuff for this one or maybe you know of a better one?

bis

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!
Ah that's.. way better than the best Seal I've seen on the AH. But just like I don't think that (terrible) Seal is worth 400plat I'm not sure if I want to drop a minimum of 1k (probably 600 credits) on that one, especially since 3.0 is coming at some point but will definitely be here.

When, if I'm not mistaken, I could get this one which I think is NEXT to BIS at some many digits less.

I realize I'll never be the best but I just don't care about 11 dexterity more for 1k plat.

Edit: oh yeah I was thinking about it backwards, I guess with a credit gifter the price of those infinity particles would run 220 each which is half as bad as I thought.

Tom Powers fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jul 9, 2014

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!
Rift Scene has a pretty great BIS tool for finding options.

http://www.riftscene.com/best-in-slot/

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Tom Powers posted:

Ah that's.. way better than the best Seal I've seen on the AH. But just like I don't think that (terrible) Seal is worth 400plat I'm not sure if I want to drop a minimum of 1k (probably 600 credits) on that one, especially since 3.0 is coming at some point but will definitely be here.

When, if I'm not mistaken, I could get this one which I think is NEXT to BIS at some many digits less.

I realize I'll never be the best but I just don't care about 11 dexterity more for 1k plat.

Edit: oh yeah I was thinking about it backwards, I guess with a credit gifter the price of those infinity particles would run 220 each which is half as bad as I thought.

im a colossal sperglord re: mmorpg stats so id be pretty rabid to get that 11dex upgrade. but whatever seal you get will be replaced in a few months for a new one in 3.0 anyway so unless you have the mats just lying around i dont think it's worth going for the best possible crafted gear

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!

necrotic posted:

Rift Scene has a pretty great BIS tool for finding options.

http://www.riftscene.com/best-in-slot/
Sweet, this helps a lot!

shut up gelly posted:

im a colossal sperglord re: mmorpg stats so id be pretty rabid to get that 11dex upgrade. but whatever seal you get will be replaced in a few months for a new one in 3.0 anyway so unless you have the mats just lying around i dont think it's worth going for the best possible crafted gear
Yeah I can be a pretty big sperg myself but also kind of an economist and it just doesn't really make sense to me. I'm not going to get full BIS before the expansion so I don't really care that much about 11 DEX. Like I'm not sure it's even possible for me (without shelling out megabux) to even reach the levels of gear where I'd care about it given the raid cooldowns. Granted 3.0 might be years away..

I'm not going to just up and quit, I think the game is still fun and I can mine/forage myself, so I can get the bars for the "almost BIS" Seal which is a huge step up from my current horrible green seal that I bought for just above vendor price. I mean the disparity on the AH is nuts, it's either buy a lovely green for a plat or spend 400+ on something that's not even close to BIS.

Probably a good time to make Rogue Seals for profit.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
Hi, I want to join the Goon Squad! My character's name is Malasanya.

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

When Steve Jobs died it wasn't the first job I'd lost that week.
i ended up taking takegami over to hello kitty at the suggestion of amory since all i do is WF/CQ. the goon squad experience was a good experience for breaking into the game.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
This game really needs an expansion to come out and shake things up. Pubbies won't even invite you to FT if you don't have 550+ hit, which is 150 more than the entry level to T1 raids.

Tokaii
Mar 8, 2004

Oldest Goon
July 29, 1942
In as Tokaii will ask to join guild

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

Pubbies won't even invite you to FT if you don't have 550+ hit, which is 150 more than the entry level to T1 raids.
This is because

A. They probably needed that much in order to not suck at it themselves

B. Hit is not the only stat you gain - if you have that much Hit you're basically midway Tier 2 geared and all your other stats will be way higher than necessary, and pubbies love having such inflated stats they can ignore all of the raid mechanics

C. If you're that well geared you probably don't need any loot that drops

It's really a problem with the community more than the game itself.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Tom Powers posted:

It's really a problem with all mmo communities more than the game itself.

Fixed that for you. What'd be good though is like a LFR that functions like wow's.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

I re-downloaded and was fooling around and, man, they have made SO MANY quality of life changes. I love it.

Between the dye price nerf, new combat pet models / skins, store mounts applying to every character, [x] of Planarite being account wide, scaling version of vanilla mounts, and IPP being redone so that you don't have to do Scarwood hell anymore, I am extremely pleased.

edit: Quantum Sight / Omen Sight at 12k instead of 24. :woop:

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Mormon Star Wars posted:

edit: Quantum Sight / Omen Sight at 12k instead of 24. :woop:
Unfortunately artifact prices have tanked, so...

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

OneEightHundred posted:

Unfortunately artifact prices have tanked, so...

Whites are all worth at least a plat, which is usually more than they were awhile ago.

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!
Yeah you can Dreamweave break probably 95% of artifacts and the dreamweaving components are are usually worth more than 1p.

Kind of a good move to add that as a tradeskill I think.

VERY RARELY will a world spawn artifact be worth very much. Bounty Artifacts are now where it's at.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Tom Powers posted:

Yeah you can Dreamweave break probably 95% of artifacts and the dreamweaving components are are usually worth more than 1p.

VERY RARELY will a world spawn artifact be worth very much. Bounty Artifacts are now where it's at.
Nah, I mean they're all worth a plat or more straight on the market, probably because of the dreamweaving breaking but still.

Giggy
Jan 22, 2010
I figured I'd give this game a shot again, it's been a while. Could I get an invite for Gilgamek?

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Tom Powers posted:

What are the bounties / bounty artifacts?

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!

Mormon Star Wars posted:

What are the bounties / bounty artifacts?
AFAIK they're new sets of artifacts like "Goblin Bounty" and you collect things like "Goblin Skin" "Goblin Eye" "Goblin Bone" and they're different rarities (blue-orange I think) that drop off of literally ANY goblin. Incredibly, INCREDIBLY, rarely.

They're worth like 100-200 / 300-400 / 500+++ each.

If you collect enough sets you get potions which are essentially free that buff your damage against that type of creature.

Like if you've completed a goblin set you can get 5% bonus damage against goblins for a gold for an hour.

They are so rare that people are still getting server firsts on them a year later and people are massive spergs about that stuff, so some of them might be worth several thousand.

I think there are also bounty mobs like criminals that spawn periodically with the <Most Wanted> flag and either they're what drop the artifacts, or they have an increased chance to. I'm not sure. I'm pretty certain I got one off of a normal ol level 22 goblin that sold for 3.5k.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
Hey aaaaaagh whoever you are you're a dickhead

I went to go look and see if there was stuff to make bags for tokaii and all the mats are gone, kind of a prick thing to do for like 200p.

edit i took the left guild screenshot first cause im dumb

FruitNYogurtParfait fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jul 20, 2014

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

Caught up with guild invites.

Giggy
Jan 22, 2010
Thanks for the invite. How do I get more bag slots, Is it really only with money?

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!
Yeah but just get better bags instead.

If you REALLY want the slots you might consider getting a Rift box copy.

That'll give you a month of Patron (good benefits) TWO of those bag slots on every character, and enough Loyalty to let you sell stuff on the AH. And probably some other stuff but maybe not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Tom Powers posted:

AFAIK they're new sets of artifacts like "Goblin Bounty" and you collect things like "Goblin Skin" "Goblin Eye" "Goblin Bone" and they're different rarities (blue-orange I think) that drop off of literally ANY goblin. Incredibly, INCREDIBLY, rarely.

They're worth like 100-200 / 300-400 / 500+++ each.

If you collect enough sets you get potions which are essentially free that buff your damage against that type of creature.

Like if you've completed a goblin set you can get 5% bonus damage against goblins for a gold for an hour.

They are so rare that people are still getting server firsts on them a year later and people are massive spergs about that stuff, so some of them might be worth several thousand.

I think there are also bounty mobs like criminals that spawn periodically with the <Most Wanted> flag and either they're what drop the artifacts, or they have an increased chance to. I'm not sure. I'm pretty certain I got one off of a normal ol level 22 goblin that sold for 3.5k.

This sounds rad as heck, gonna have to loot everything now just in case.

• Locked thread