Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
I'm going to quote you when you've jinxed it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

the posted:

I'm going to quote you when you've jinxed it

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
I cant wait to watch die mannschaft (a team with about 50 fouls committed) start getting yellows and straight reds against brazil (a team with 100 fouls committed). Rip muller and schweinsteiger im sure brazil trash will stab you on the field and get no whistle

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

JG Wentworth posted:

I cant wait to watch die mannschaft (a team with about 50 fouls committed) start getting yellows and straight reds against brazil (a team with 100 fouls committed). Rip muller and schweinsteiger im sure brazil trash will stab you on the field and get no whistle

How does this logic check out? Brazil have committed twice as many fouls, so it's hard to argue that the refs aren't blowing against them. Unless you're keeping some stat on how many fouls they've committed and not been penalized for

BIMSTAR
Sep 6, 2005

going up up up bouncy hop high hop
Well it is settled now: there's a big kids' football tournament held in Helsinki Finland atm, so a leading Finnish newspaper interviewed a bunch of lil' players (with fancy football-star-wannabe-haircuts). "Every kid we know supports Germany", the kids say, "since they've got the coolest shirts". Considering Finland's "achievements" in the field of football, I'm not sure whether that's a good omen or not.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Bogan Krkic posted:

How does this logic check out? Brazil have committed twice as many fouls, so it's hard to argue that the refs aren't blowing against them. Unless you're keeping some stat on how many fouls they've committed and not been penalized for

They're getting fouls blown because even the most biased ref can't ignore Paulinho/Fernandinho scything someone from behind, but they're not getting booked for those fouls. Which is what made Brazil v Colombia so fun to watch.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Total Meatlove posted:

They're getting fouls blown because even the most biased ref can't ignore Paulinho/Fernandinho scything someone from behind, but they're not getting booked for those fouls. Which is what made Brazil v Colombia so fun to watch.
Jogo bonita

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Capoeira

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm rooting for you tonight, Germany.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Ugh, the kiss of death.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
deeeeuutttssccchllaaand deeeeuuuuttsscchlaand uubbeeerr aaalleeeeeeesss

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Hmm, hearing news about Tuchel getting to be Loews assistant come September with Flick quitting. Or even succeeding him after the World Cup.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bitte gewinnen sie heute, Deutschland!

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

oliwan posted:

deeeeuutttssccchllaaand deeeeuuuuttsscchlaand uubbeeerr aaalleeeeeeesss

I thought the Swiss were supposed to be neutral

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Katana Gomai posted:

I thought the Swiss were supposed to be neutral

please don't do this hilarious joke in the Germany thread which is serious business

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

oliwan posted:

please don't do this hilarious joke in the Germany thread which is serious business

if you stop doing the hilarious joke of quoting the anthem of Nazi Deutschland we have a deal

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Healbot posted:

Hmm, hearing news about Tuchel getting to be Loews assistant come September with Flick quitting. Or even succeeding him after the World Cup.

That's not so much news as fanfiction at this point, everyone wants Tuchel to succeed Löw.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Well Flick will become Sportdirektor and I think it's very likely that Löw will continue to 2016 until his contract end. Tuchel having no job at the moment seems to be a good indication that he will do something for the DFB after the World Cup.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Der Spiegel just sent me a push notification. Lahm, Schweini, Khedira and Klose are starting.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
HELL YES KLOSE

BREAK THAT MOTHER FUCKIN RECORD

:woop:

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

the posted:

HELL YES KLOSE

BREAK THAT MOTHER FUCKIN RECORD

:woop:

It's great to see him start again. I don't remember him starting too many times in the last Eurocp or World Cup. Probably helps that garbageman Gomez can't play.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

@jesawyer posted:

Wenn #DFBTeam #WM2014 gewinnt, singe ich eine schlechte deutsche Version von „We are the Champions“. ~* ~* ~*

Don't forget to post a link in here should a win come to pass, rope kid!

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Hab grad einen Holländer im Supermarkt getroffen, der erzählte mir, dass sie morgen gegen Argentinien spielen.
Ich sagte ihm: "Das ist ja ein Zufall, wir am Sonntag auch"

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

ephex posted:

Hab grad einen Holländer im Supermarkt getroffen, der erzählte mir, dass sie morgen gegen Argentinien spielen.
Ich sagte ihm: "Das ist ja ein Zufall, wir am Sonntag auch"

HA Ha HA HA das war ein ein richgtiger Witz!

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Haha ein deutscher witz!!

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Just hopping in here to say that my boner can be seen from space

Mr.48
May 1, 2007
I'm watching this in Germany, and the yells of DEUTSCHLAND have finally quietened down. I think everyone is just embarrassed for the Brazilians at this point. The Germans really like Brazil generally speaking.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Germany have played some really nice football since they started a proper striker

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

Mr.48 posted:

I'm watching this in Germany, and the yells of DEUTSCHLAND have finally quietened down. I think everyone is just embarrassed for the Brazilians at this point. The Germans really like Brazil generally speaking.

It's like boxing a kid with down syndrome. If you lose then you suck at boxing, but even if you win you still beat up a retarded kid.

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

I am absolutely loving speechless. Er kommt nach Hause.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Ich hab's den gesamten Turnierverlauf über schon gesagt, sobald die Zyniker einer guten Mannschaft gegenüberstehen sind sie raus.

Natürlich habe ich nicht erwartet dass sie so gebrochen daherkommen.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Neuer is so much better than any other keeper its unreal

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Mr.48 posted:

The Germans really like Brazil generally speaking.

Gee I wonder why

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
If Germany don't win the World Cup after this then I just don't know what to think

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

pik_d posted:

If Germany don't win the World Cup after this then I just don't know what to think

If Argentina wins, we'll bring it home. If the Dutch win... well not sure Robben will feel welcome in Munich for a few months.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

:tviv:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Sereri posted:

If Argentina wins, we'll bring it home. If the Dutch win... well not sure Robben will feel welcome in Munich for a few months.

Forget Munich, try the entire Bundesliga.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Nice game. I mean it thix timje

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Also: gently caress Bela Rethy. What an emotionless piece of poo poo.

• Locked thread