Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

El Hefe posted:

There might be riots on the streets but the people going to the stadium are mostly upper middle class / rich Brazilians so don't expect anything like that there.

Oh I know. But a government that spends its time shooting its own poor people deserves a bit more unrest. Don't these guys know that sending their poor off to war is a much more effective strategy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

El Hefe posted:

There might be riots on the streets but the people going to the stadium are mostly upper middle class / rich Brazilians so don't expect anything like that there.

The Maracană used to have plenty of standing-room general admission areas but they were removed and replaced with more private boxes. FIFA told them that people should not stand while watching football

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

NEED TOILET PAPER posted:

Oh I know. But a government that spends its time shooting its own poor people deserves a bit more unrest. Don't these guys know that sending their poor off to war is a much more effective strategy?

gently caress off with this poo poo

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
You're messing with my hype!!!

Fiona Cake
Jun 12, 2014
there's no point in arguing Brazil's politics in here...

on another note, Germany wins today.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
I hope we see atleast one red card against Brazil.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Can't wait for Germany to take this. Brazil will be in ruins. Dilma will be ousted. Death to the interventionist government.

Fiona Cake
Jun 12, 2014

GaussianCopula posted:

Why?

Just curious to know :D

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

GaussianCopula posted:

I doubt the ref would dare do it.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Fiona Cake posted:

Why?

Just curious to know :D

I like to see people suffer. Best case scenario would be an unfounded red card against their goalie in the 80th minute after Scolari wasted all 3 substitutions and Germany wins 3:0 because Brazil had to play a fieldplayer in the goal.

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer
Not much dancing in the streets of Germany tonight:

(probably not "not" because of Brazil though ...)

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

dogboy posted:

Not much dancing in the streets of Germany tonight:

(probably not "not" because of Brazil though ...)
the blue is the areas they're planning to annex

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

Chris de Sperg posted:

the blue is the areas they're planning to annex

its brazilian tears :black101:

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I'd like to see Germany win today.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
The favelas will run red with the blood of neymar tonight

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Bernand starting in place of Neymar, according to brazilian media.

Edit: and Klose starting for Germany.

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.
Mein Hund hat keine Nase.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Brazil argies final would be lovely, but I honestly don't think Brazil can beat this German side.

Smokey
Feb 8, 2008
heil Hitler full of grace
exterminate the poverty race

JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008
I am ready

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Germany with the same eleven as the France game, Brazil have Bernard for Neymar and Dante starting.

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde
Cautiously hoping for a German win but I dont think that either side have played badly this tournament. Whoever it is, as long as they destroy Argentina, I am okay with it.

sircozzie
Jul 8, 2011

Release the Meerkat
haha RTE using the orc/goblin/mordor theme from jackson's LOTR in a Germany montage as a contrast to our Brazilian heroes.

gently caress off Brazil

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Klose starting, let the trolling begin

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Klose starting, let the trolling begin

If he loving breaks Ronald's record and knocks out Brazil in the same game I am gonna die of laughter.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

cmon germany

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Bernard is a lightweight. Not starting Willian is a mistake.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Great OP, OP. Looking forward to this match.

Also lol Brazil,
Brazil: 12-Julio Cesar; 6-Marcelo, 23-Maicon, 13-Dante, 4-David Luiz; 17-Luiz Gustavo, 5-Fernandinho, 20-Bernard, 11-Oscar, 7-Hulk; 9-Fred

Germany: 1-Manuel Neuer; 16-Philipp Lahm; 20-Jerome Boateng; 5-Mats Hummels; 4-Benedikt Hoewedes; 7-Bastian Schweinsteiger; 6-Sami Khedira; 18-Toni Kroos; 8-Mesut Ozil; 13-Thomas Mueller, 11-Miroslav Klose

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

MoPZiG posted:

Bernard will fall over at the slightest breeze and get a German player sent off, so this is actually tactically sound?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Tzen posted:

Also lol Brazil,
Brazil: 12-Julio Cesar; 6-Marcelo, 23-Maicon, 13-Dante, 4-David Luiz; 17-Luiz Gustavo, 5-Fernandinho, 20-Bernard, 11-Oscar, 7-Hulk; 9-Fred

Germany: 1-Manuel Neuer; 16-Philipp Lahm; 20-Jerome Boateng; 5-Mats Hummels; 4-Benedikt Hoewedes; 7-Bastian Schweinsteiger; 6-Sami Khedira; 18-Toni Kroos; 8-Mesut Ozil; 13-Thomas Mueller, 11-Miroslav Klose

the dreaded 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-2 formation

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Smokey posted:

heil Hitler full of grace
exterminate the poverty race

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Hitler fled to Brazil and will be in the crowd tonight.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Tzen posted:

Also lol Brazil,

Lahm back as right back, right? Also, hard to see who's gonna create something from Brazil.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

hopterque posted:

If he loving breaks Ronald's record and knocks out Brazil in the same game I am gonna die of laughter.

In Brazil. I want this to happen.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

MoPZiG posted:

He's had trouble with his back these last few days, from what I heard.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

hopterque posted:

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Hegay posted:

Also, hard to see who's gonna create something from Brazil.

the ref, op

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Healbot posted:

He's had trouble with his back these last few days, from what I heard.

will the atomic drops ever end?!?!?!

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

hopterque posted:

Frankston posted:

In Brazil. I want this to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Eau de MacGowan posted:

will the atomic drops ever end?!?!?!

Zuniga didn't only hit Neymar in the back, it shattered the Brazilian space-time continuum, leading to only alternate worlds where Germany wins.

• Locked thread