Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Runa
Feb 13, 2011

"enjoy"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

hubris.height posted:

chrono trigger ds is a good fun port that adds an extra dungeon to enjoy only sperg lords who are upset at the lose of their immersion dislike it hth

The best part of the new translation is that they changed what the tutorial people say, and one of them makes fun of people that set the game to use old controls (or something, I don't remember all the control options they added aside from the touch screen).

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

hubris.height posted:

chrono trigger ds is a good fun port that adds an extra dungeon to enjoy only sperg lords who are upset at the lose of their immersion dislike it hth

the extra content is all insanely bad

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Kewpuh posted:

i really loving Hate Anime and I thought the game was pretty good

Maybe you do like anime.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I suppose it means something that I can't really remember much of anything about Chrono Trigger DS *except* that horrible field screen in the bonus dungeon that you have to run across seventeen times.

Like, it deserves credit for making an impression at least.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Lost Magic should be higher on that DS game list. :colbert: Also, they need to make a Wii U sequel. It would be perfect for the gamepad!

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

hubris.height posted:

The new font is kind of ugly but it's very readable. Missing the original isn't a huge loss. :shrug:

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

absolutely anything posted:

the extra content is all insanely bad

Can someone explain what the extra content is and what's so bad about it that it ruins the whole game?

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

I wish Knights in the Nightmare wasn't totally incomprehensible.
In fact it accomplishes the rare feat of being incomprehensible on three different levels-- aesthetically (I have no idea what is going on on the screen), mechanically (I have no idea how to play this game) and narratively (I have no idea what this game is about).

All I could figure out by the end of the game is that everyone is dead, the world is ruined and it's your fault and there's nothing you can do to avoid it.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The_Frag_Man posted:

Can someone explain what the extra content is and what's so bad about it that it ruins the whole game?

It's the aforementioned extra dungeon and sidequests. They're tedious, lazily put together, and grindy in ways the rest of Chrono Trigger aren't. This content also only exists because there are some people that had mixed-to-negative reactions to Chrono Cross and Square Enix wants to let them know that they're wrong because they do not understand how good Chrono Cross is.

(it's okay and also very dumb but has nice music so ymmv)

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

the extra super hard bonus boss was really easy and I was surprised I beat it with little problem on my first run through of the game.

But they kept trying to link the game to Chrono Cross and uuugh stop it you assholes

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I paid one dollar for the original Japanese Chrono Trigger. Comes with the original text in the original kanji and the 16 bit naked lady tits. I've got the PSX and DS version just incase.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jul 8, 2014

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Please leave your sex life out of this thread.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Louisgod posted:

Please leave your sex life out of this thread.

Also just let it die.

That's the second time he bumped the thread from page 6+ with something stupid that has nothing to do with anything.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Also just let it die.

That's the second time he bumped the thread from page 6+ with something stupid that has nothing to do with anything.

It was on page 2 and people were talking about Chrono Trigger.

Also the Wii-U thread must linger and be held onto for hope against hope, much like the Wii-U itself.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
the wii u isn't in dire straits anymore. i assume if they sold 2 million copies of mario kart 8 then they must have sold 2 million wii us or something close to that, since hardly anybody had them before

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Excels posted:

the wii u isn't in dire straits anymore. i assume if they sold 2 million copies of mario kart 8 then they must have sold 2 million wii us or something close to that, since hardly anybody had them before

TBH this has been a pretty weak rear end console war, everything is set for 2015 pretty much. Like poo poo is only going to be in danger of being washed out by the sheer mass of games for 3 outta the 4 systems.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

The Taint Reaper posted:

TBH this has been a pretty weak rear end console war, everything is set for 2015 pretty much. Like poo poo is only going to be in danger of being washed out by the sheer mass of games for 3 outta the 4 systems.

Wait, are we counting Ouya now or something? Surely PC doesn't count, its always existed independent of the home consoles.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
Every console war is the worst war.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

matrix ripoff posted:

Every console war is the worst war.

Because Nintendo always wins. :smug:

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

THE loving MOON posted:

If grinding is an issue for you, don't get monster hunter. The game gets a whole lot less fun when you have to kill the same monster in the same place a dozen times in a row to make some piece of gear you want. It can be pretty slow going.

Yeah, especially when it's that loving rear end in a top hat bird that imitates other large monsters' distress call, and suddenly you've got multiple big monsters hunting you down.

Other than that, game is good. Would be great if not for some strange design choices, like the font that is nearly unreadable on a 60" TV and the camera that snaps in 30-degree vertical adjustments at a time. And that loving rear end in a top hat bird.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Cliff Racer posted:

Wait, are we counting Ouya now or something? Surely PC doesn't count, its always existed independent of the home consoles.

I was counting the 3DS

Vita is like the little guy in Total Recall who's fused to the chest at this point, so it still counts as one guy with the PS4.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The 3DS is going to end up selling the most of all the next gen systems. Nintendo wins again (tm)

manpurse
Mar 19, 2007
This thread title sounds like Arya's prayer, but for the PS4.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

manpurse posted:

This thread title sounds like Arya's prayer, but for the PS4.

Well since Bloodborne is about going in blind before you finally see where you're going and start killing everyone. The other two systems are screwed then, if we're using that GOT analogy.

Mario Kart was the red wedding and Wii-U was Lord Fray.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

The Taint Reaper posted:

Well since Bloodborne is about going in blind before you finally see where you're going and start killing everyone. The other two systems are screwed then, if we're using that GOT analogy.

Mario Kart was the red wedding and Wii-U was Lord Fray.

In GOT metaphors the Wii U can only be Daenerys.

Bungie is house Frey, Destiny is the Red Wedding, PS is house Lannister, Xbox is house Stark, and Halo is Walder Frey's wife.

Bass Bottles fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jul 12, 2014

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
So the Wii U has the coolest things that no one else ever gets to see, was betrayed after an unprecedented partnership, has no idea what it's doing to win the console wars, and occasionally can be found in a field making GBS threads itself.

Sounds about right.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Project CARS' Wii U port, possibly the only racing sim on the system, has been delayed to 2015. Will it still be released before Watch Dogs?

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

That loving Sned posted:

Project CARS' Wii U port, possibly the only racing sim on the system, has been delayed to 2015. Will it still be released before Watch Dogs?

Need for Speed Most Wanted U?

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Kewpuh posted:

Need for Speed Most Wanted U?

That's closer to arcade racers like Burnout, especially since it was made by the same developer. It got a good port, at least.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I can't stand racing games where you need to use the brakes. I tried Gran Turismo, and it looked pretty, I just couldn't get into it.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

WatchDogs is a trash game and the WiiU scores points over other platforms by not having that garbage on it

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Dr. VooDoo posted:

WatchDogs is a trash game and the WiiU scores points over other platforms by not having that garbage on it

Wasn't WATCH_DOGS_ originally announced as a WiiU exclusive or something like that?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Rayman Legends was going to be on Wii U first and then it all got bungled to hell.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

I should've put "inb4 I don't like the genre, and they'd be poo poo anyway".

Quest For Glory II posted:

Rayman Legends was going to be on Wii U first and then it all got bungled to hell.

Didn't it get a bunch of levels from Origins included after the delay? I didn't really follow the game so I don't know what was changed or removed.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

It did, but the delay wasn't for that, it was because of Microsoft demanding that the game have a simultaneous release.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Wii U edition is still the best. Murfy levels are awesome.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Shyfted One posted:

I think it sold the best too.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

It still sold poorly. Even though it was really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Shyfted One posted:

I tried the Wii U version and then turned it off when stupid Auto Rayman refused to turn around and go to the door I could only see after using Murphy. This was the first level.

• Locked thread