Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Fat Marilyn Manson posted:

black womans Phillipe french dip-looking vagina thats been left in the sun for 4 hours. A little upset, but I can just toss it in the pile with my other wallets.

Clever trollin'. There's a FYAD challenge to use this exact phrase in a sentence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Grrl Anachronism posted:

I got a pretty nice gift card from The Bay to say 'sorry we are totally incompetent at any form of customer service please shop here again' (hahahno).
Ugly comfy summer shoes:

drat that's a pretty good deal, did you have enough dignity to spend off the gift card for these or did you have to take out a shameloan?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Help I'm getting sucked into the Samsung ecosystem against my will!!!

Gear Fit. Massive price drop + don't give a gently caress about fitness gimmicks, just looks and notifications + massive gadget nerd, gotta try one wearable before they go the way of 3D, right? Plus it'll disincentivize me from buying a new phone before my contract is up. Hopefully.

I almost waited for the Moto 360 until I heard it'd be $400+ and realized I don't actually like round watch faces.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Clever trollin'. There's a FYAD challenge to use this exact phrase in a sentence.

Wow, did someone tell the mods about this yet?

Bruciwayna
Apr 2, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress you niggers

Bruciwayna has a new favorite as of 18:18 on Mar 4, 2019

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

A grow light how exciting.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Fat Marilyn Manson posted:

Brixton 'Hooligan' Driving Cap This is probably the ballsiest purchase here. I'm not typically a hat guy, as I don't like how my curly fro-style hair looks under them (and oh god... the hat hair :gonk:), but I figured I'd give it a go. Reaallly pleasantly surprised with this purchase, as I've already gotten a number of compliments from coworkers and family members alike.

Brixton hats are pretty great. Might want to look into Bailey's of Hollywood too.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Phillipes makes a delicious french dip. I was I could purchase one right now.

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!
A bit of second hand stuff:

A couple of lenses...

5 batteries, memory cards, an Olympus HLD-4 battery grip and a Lowepro Dryzone Rover backpack.

All this for the low price of $150

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

Kidney Stone posted:

:aaaaa:

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Playing it on my iPad mini retina. Played it for about 10 hours so far, and i'm just sinking my teeth into it. I'll be spending a ridiculous amount of time with it. Well worth the $15 price tag.

A case of these, @ 79 cents each. I've tried a bunch of coconut water brands, and this one is my fav, even though it's partly sugarcane water.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Kidney Stone posted:

A couple of lenses...

5 batteries, memory cards, an Olympus HLD-4 battery grip and a Lowepro Dryzone Rover backpack.

It's nice of them to throw in a free four thirds camera and lenses with that backpack.

burnsep
Jul 3, 2005

Kidney Stone posted:

You mean the crowbar was $150, breaking and entering was free.

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!

burnsep posted:

You mean the crowbar was $150, breaking and entering was free.

Yeah, well, could say it was a steal - but actually it all belonged to my recently deceased uncle, bought it from my cousin as she didn't have any use for it.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

gently caress yes.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Tim Whatley posted:

gently caress yes.

I guess I did too!

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Destiny because what else am I going to be playing? The limited edition because I am a consumer whore.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004
Found a pretty good deal on a barely used Rancilio Silvia espresso machine on Craigslist yesterday so I made a spur of the moment decision to upgrade from my Gaggia.

The guy selling it runs a few coffee carts and bought it for home use, but ended up getting a deal very soon after on a larger unit so he was looking to see this one. He's used it only three times and he had both the single and double spout portafilters for it. Around $750 in equipment that I picked up for $400. I'm pretty satisfied.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Tim Whatley posted:

gently caress yes.
I just rewatched it the other night. That movie owns so hard.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I got a $200 speeding ticket on the 4th so I helped buy some po-dunk town some poo poo.

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug
I bought a bird with my boyfriend :kimchi:

This is Zero, a green cheek conure, 8 weeks old, really skittish about potentially being touched (but is totally fine when you're actually touching him?? I have a feeling I'll be posting in PI a lot). The cage we bought him won't arrive until tomorrow or Thursday so we won't actually be able to bring him home officially until then.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Seasons 2 and 3 of The Wire. Best show ever.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Lord Lambeth posted:

As a former container port worker I can tell you season 2 is way too accurate.

king of the bongo
Apr 26, 2008

If you're brown, GET DOWN!
Just rented this movie to watch tonight.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

rockcity posted:

Found a pretty good deal on a barely used Rancilio Silvia espresso machine on Craigslist yesterday so I made a spur of the moment decision to upgrade from my Gaggia.

The guy selling it runs a few coffee carts and bought it for home use, but ended up getting a deal very soon after on a larger unit so he was looking to see this one. He's used it only three times and he had both the single and double spout portafilters for it. Around $750 in equipment that I picked up for $400. I'm pretty satisfied.

That's totally worth 4 bills, nice find. Our machine was almost that much, and yours will certainly make better froo-froo lattes than ours can :tipshat:

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

martinlutherbling posted:

Sharp things :

Tojiro DP 240mm

Shun Classic 6.5" Nakiri

Shun Classic 3.5" paring

Fujiwara FKM 120mm Petty

Idahone ceramic honing rod

I know this is a little old, but where did you get these knives? I've been looking for some high quality kitchen knives for a while and I have no idea where to start.

superv0zz
Jun 24, 2006

Touch it.

Side Effects posted:

I know this is a little old, but where did you get these knives? I've been looking for some high quality kitchen knives for a while and I have no idea where to start.

There are a lot of japanese sellers on ebay for the tojiro stuff.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

leidend posted:

As a former container port worker I can tell you season 2 is way too accurate.

Say more.
Do you mean the whole feel of the port worker and union politics, or the "running a criminal enterprise disappearing containers for the mafia"?

breakfall87
Apr 22, 2004
ABunch7587's little bitch

Side Effects posted:

Chefknivestogo.com would be your best bet, I think they should have all of those and an excellent selection in each range.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I purchased a table from http://www.iannonedesign.com/ awhile a go and today it arrived.

martinlutherbling
Mar 27, 2010
I got the Tojiro and Shun Nakiri on Amazon, they had the best prices by far on those. Shun paring I got at a local shop with a 20% off sale. Fujiwara came from chefknives2go. I'd look at amazon, ck2g, and cutleryandmore.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001O5CCQK/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BFOEY3Y/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Soooo goooood.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

CrackSpider posted:

Sounds like a good deal.

:rimshot:

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

CaseFace McGee posted:

That's totally worth 4 bills, nice find. Our machine was almost that much, and yours will certainly make better froo-froo lattes than ours can :tipshat:

It definitely does a hell of a job steaming milk, that's for sure. I've only made one latte so far, but holy crap was the steam wand much more powerful than my Gaggia. I ordered a bunch of small things for it today as well. A proper tamper, knock box and a tamping mat. I'll probably end up getting a bottomless portafilter for it soon too, just because they look so awesome.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Gorilla Salad posted:

Sounds like a good deal.

:rimshot:

Heyooo.

I got a couple books.

I had read some Invincible issues years back, and I'm really eager to binge read.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

CrackSpider posted:

Lord Lambeth posted:

king of the bongo posted:

Just rented this movie to watch tonight.

:wotwot:

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy
This just came in the other day:

Asus VG248QE 24" 144 Hz monitor. I got it because it had great reviews and some of the lowest latency of any display in most reviews. I went in doubting that the 144 Hz mode would even be noticeable, but holy poo poo it's so much smoother.

When I first hooked it up I played a few games, tested a few things and was really happy with the display: lack of ghosting, brightness, color, and all that stuff, but I was kind of disappointed that it didn't look any smoother than a regular LCD. Then I realized it defaulted to 60 Hz mode. I switched it to 144 and even simple things like moving the mouse around the screen were hypnotizing they looked so smooth. Obviously it won't benefit all games, but in things like TF2 where I can get a solid 90 FPS, the difference is stunning. Couldn't be happier with my purchase.

I also bought 48 rolls of toilet paper on Amazon.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

MacGyvers_Mullet posted:

I also bought 48 rolls of toilet paper on Amazon.

I usually get the giant fuckoff pack from Sam's club, it lasts my girlfriend and I over a month and it's good poo poo.

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
:supaburn:

PM me if you're going to be there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese