Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Daedleh posted:

This is glorious. Short Benny jokes never get old.

Ugh. I just shared this video in my local 40k FB group and this was the first response

a loving goon posted:

Awesome. That was pretty cool. Sadly I lived in L.A. And have done many of those things the guys did. It may have been fun with fun friends but in general it would not surprise me to see the guy playing warhammer having more fun. This just reiterates my thought. Everything is more fun when you experience them with fun people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost

Geoff Zahn posted:

Here's some junk I'm looking to get rid of, I'll make an SA-Mart thread later this afternoon with paypal info and stuff:

Album link lists prices, I don't even know if these are fair or a steal or whatever

I'll take those dark angel robed guys off your hands if noone else had claimed them. Do you have PMs?

Squifferific
Oct 17, 2004
Proud user of machines that go "Ping!"
How are people rolling with IG Tank Commanders these days? I've finished buying infantry for now (painting is another matter :saddowns: ), so now I'm looking at getting more tanks. More tanks! How does this look, for 2000 points?

HQ
- Tank Commander in a Punisher, sponson heavy bolters, hull heavy bolter, camo netting.
- Buddy tank Demolisher, more heavy bolters.

Troops
- Vets in a Chimera, 2 x Plasma guns
- Vets in a Chimera, 2 x Plasma guns
- Vets in a Chimera, 2 x Melta guns

Fast
- Armored Sentinel w/ autocannon
- Armored Sentinel w/ autocannon
- Vendetta

Heavy
- Vanilla Leman Russ
- Exterminator, more heavy bolters
- Manticore

Allied
- Knight Paladin

My main concern is anti-air. I get flashbacks when I think about facing Hive Tyrants these days. My second concern is actually buying cheap tanks. From this list, I'm short three tanks and the Knight, but that's just one bad decision away from being solved.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Put Pask in that punisher. Turns it from meh into the greatest thing since swiss cheese

radlum
May 13, 2013

Cataphract posted:

As some of you may recall. Ghost Hand and I caught up on my recent trip to LA.

We played a pretty spectacular game of Death Guard Vs Ultramarines but also filmed this comedy sketch together.

http://youtu.be/kM4u1UJpNY4

Check it out it's probably the gooniest thing I ever gooned.

That was amazing. I would love to see the reaction if the video was just a 30 minutos battle report cut with more scenes of Benny and Lee doing tourists stuff.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Geoff Zahn posted:

For sure. I'll even throw in a 2nd ed SM sprue I found (shoulder pads and bolters), you'd probably get more use out of it than I can. I have a meeting to go now but when it's done I'll make the thread.
Awesome! Thanks duder.

radlum posted:

That was amazing. I would love to see the reaction if the video was just a 30 minutos battle report cut with more scenes of Benny and Lee doing tourists stuff.
That's called :regd08:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Squifferific posted:

How are people rolling with IG Tank Commanders these days? I've finished buying infantry for now (painting is another matter :saddowns: ), so now I'm looking at getting more tanks. More tanks!

:hfive: Fellow tanker.

Although I thought the Command Tank Squad had to be 1 Command Tank + 2 Extra tanks and not just 1 HQ + 1 one extra. I could be wrong of course.

And yeah, finding tanks cheap is never easy but seeing as you're (most likely) American you probably have it much easier than me looking on Ebay for a pair of rescue projects or something.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Geoff Zahn posted:

Here's some junk I'm looking to get rid of, I'll make an SA-Mart thread later this afternoon with paypal info and stuff:

Album link lists prices, I don't even know if these are fair or a steal or whatever

I'd take the thousand sons and Ahriman

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
somebody post the best way to pose space marines holding their guns two handed because holy gently caress this is annoying

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

somebody post the best way to pose space marines holding their guns two handed because holy gently caress this is annoying
You mean... how they're supposed to hold them? It's really incredibly not difficult. The arms are paired and go together really easily.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
I know how they're supposed to hold them, I just find it finicky to get all three pieces lined up correctly so I wasn't sure if there was a process people used

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

Match the arms up in correct pairs. Glue the gun to one arm at the correct angle. Then glue both arms on the torso and glue the gun to the other arm. If you use the correct pairs, everything will hang in place. E: and use real plastic cement instead of super glue so you have some time to fiddle the angles before it all cures.

Unrelated, but what do you guys think about the Ork codex's organization? It seems to answer most of the codex org complaints by combining the beastiary with the army list and putting all the wargear and other stuff at the back with the reference section. I really like it, though it shortchanges individual unit fluff for giant photos of models.

Squifferific
Oct 17, 2004
Proud user of machines that go "Ping!"

Cooked Auto posted:

:hfive: Fellow tanker.

Although I thought the Command Tank Squad had to be 1 Command Tank + 2 Extra tanks and not just 1 HQ + 1 one extra. I could be wrong of course.

And yeah, finding tanks cheap is never easy but seeing as you're (most likely) American you probably have it much easier than me looking on Ebay for a pair of rescue projects or something.

Codex says 1 Command tank + 1 or 2 other tanks.

I'm checking eBay pretty often, but I'm Canadian so the shipping costs often push things just over the edge to not-worth-it-ville. I don't mind a rescue tank, but it depends on the condition and the type.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Squifferific posted:

Codex says 1 Command tank + 1 or 2 other tanks.

I'm checking eBay pretty often, but I'm Canadian so the shipping costs often push things just over the edge to not-worth-it-ville. I don't mind a rescue tank, but it depends on the condition and the type.

Okay, I stand corrected then in this case.

Yeah I'm far too aware of that. Buying from the states for me is out of the question and it's barely any point in checking UK Ebay since even the shipping costs quickly pushes any purchase into the not-worth-it-ville, especially with Chimeras which are generally just cheaper to buy from Element games.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Hixson posted:

I'd take the thousand sons and Ahriman

This after you asked me to talk you out of them? For shame.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Indolent Bastard posted:

I wonder how baffling your segments are for non-gamers. I get that your act caters primarily to nerds but I wonder if a fan of Dr. Who or GoT would even start to comprehend what is going on (other than nerd does nerd stuff rather than "fun" tourist stuff.)

Probably super baffling. But that's kinda the point of this sketch Jordan goes on an overseas trip to lock himself in a dark room with a man from the internet and play awkward soldiers.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Thread is up http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3649069

I marked the dibs people already called, have at duders. I'll probably have some more stuff later on in the month up there, I'm a terrible 40k hoarder so it's hard to let some of the stuff go even though I know I'll never use it :smith:

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
Continuing the Mantic chat: Anynone have scale ideas with these dudes? The one guy with a plasma-ish gun would need some work but 10 England Dollars™ is a goddamn steal for some MANZ.

I'm re-configuring my list in light of the new codex. Battlewagon carting around a squad of Tankbustas. Killkannon, or comedy option of 4 Rokkits shooting 14 a turn?

Springfield Fatts fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jul 8, 2014

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

panascope posted:

This after you asked me to talk you out of them? For shame.

You didn't do a very good job.

Geoff Zahn posted:

Thread is up http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3649069

I marked the dibs people already called, have at duders. I'll probably have some more stuff later on in the month up there, I'm a terrible 40k hoarder so it's hard to let some of the stuff go even though I know I'll never use it :smith:

Continue the cycle, use the money to buy new warhams!

Also, thanks for holding them for me. I'll PayPal you when I get home from work this evening.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all

Springfield Fatts posted:

Continuing the Mantic chat: Anynone have scale ideas with these dudes? The one guy with a plasma-ish gun would need some work but 10 England Dollars™ is a goddamn steal for some MANZ.

I'm re-configuring my list in light of the new codex. Battlewagon carting around a squad of Tankbustas. Killkannon, or comedy option of 4 Rokkits shooting 14 a turn?

Size is really good for MANZ. Snapped a pic beside a nob and that's a terminator right behind it.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I'm not a big fan of those models. At-43 red blok kolossi make pretty great meganobz though, you should still be able to find those for cheap!

Can't link you right now because I'm phone postin', but check my post history for pictures of my manz.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I'm a fan of Mantic but I've found the casting quality pretty terrible.

Just look at those loving mould lines!

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Those Mantic....things...are terrible.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Those Mantic things are great, and I have a bunch of them. Mould lines are simply a result of the PVC material, they clean up pretty easily and quickly.

I'm a terrible painter and modeler, and mine look like this, someone better than I could easily make them more 40k

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jul 9, 2014

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
http://www.thewarstore.com/product88158.html

With a bit of work, these would work well for MANZ. They're suitably janky-looking, and about the right scale.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

:stare:

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?

NTRabbit posted:

Those Mantic things are great, and I have a bunch of them. Mould lines are simply a result of the PVC material, they clean up pretty easily and quickly.

I'm a terrible painter and modeler, and mine look like this, someone better than I could easily make them more 40k

I'm glad you like them and all but I really don't dig Mantic's aesthetics. They don't even come close to 40k Orks in my opinion but to each his own.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

Yeah, I think most of their stuff is hideous, but I'm glad there are people who like their stuff because that will hopefully keep them around long enough to start making good looking models.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Yes, I really am that bad at painting. My hands shake something terrible.

PeterWeller posted:

Yeah, I think most of their stuff is hideous, but I'm glad there are people who like their stuff because that will hopefully keep them around long enough to start making good looking models.

Hopefully they don't get lost up their own rear end and start churning out poo poo like the Taurox though

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.
I dig the 7E Ork book layout pretty well.

On a side note, does anyone know how to get ahold of or kitbash a shitton of Warbuggies? 30pts for TL rokkits is just too good to pass up, and all I have are 2 Wartrakks. The Kromlech ones are badass-looking, but significantly more expensive than finding used GW ones on eBay to kitbash into something halfway decent-looking.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
I manged to gather up like 25ish Deff koptas to turn into buggies.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

I dig the 7E Ork book layout pretty well.

On a side note, does anyone know how to get ahold of or kitbash a shitton of Warbuggies? 30pts for TL rokkits is just too good to pass up, and all I have are 2 Wartrakks. The Kromlech ones are badass-looking, but significantly more expensive than finding used GW ones on eBay to kitbash into something halfway decent-looking.

Suggestions:

http://puppetswar.eu/product.php?id_product=60
http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-shop/warpath/marauders/product/marauder-raptor-quad.html
http://www.miniaturescenery.com/CategoryPage.asp?CODE=CAT_VH

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

NTRabbit posted:

Yes, I really am that bad at painting. My hands shake something terrible.

Hopefully they don't get lost up their own rear end and start churning out poo poo like the Taurox though

I'd love for them to get to the point where they've produced so many quality vehicle kits that they have to start producing weird and pointless bullshit to fill out the release schedule. Hopefully their prices won't go through the roof on the way there.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

I really like the Mantic Ripper Suits, but they don't feel right for Meganobz for me. Too... clean? Refined, maybe Not junky enough, basically. I'll get some at some point, but not for MANZ.

I'm very happy with my Mantic Boyz, though. The GW ones are nice, but I got these on sale for much, much cheaper. And Raptors make fantastic buggies.

Using GW stuff for the rest of the waaagh, though, plus any conversions I add later.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

Raptors are the dragster looking jobs, right? Those are rad and one of the reasons why I think Mantic has real potential. There's a lot of good stuff scattered through their lines, but I think it's mainly overwhelmed by the lame stuff.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Since we're discussing alternatives to GW , does anyone have some recommendations for maybe some Daemon models?

I've asked before but not really found much.

Karandras
Apr 27, 2006

BULBASAUR posted:

The answer is gently caress yes. Looks great man!

I always wanted to get one of those models for my chaos army, but now with 30k, I have too many other toys to get.

Cheers! I think I mentioned this a while back but in that same order I got three Deimos Predators, some Daemons and a squad of Caraphractii Terminators, I'm making a 40k army with 30k models so you could totally do the same.

The Blood Slaughterer miniature is great though the legs are a bit fiddly. Honestly the amount of flash and cleaning I had to do was really minimal and my Actual Forgeworld miniatures I've bought in the past were a lot more of a hassle to put together.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

PeterWeller posted:

Unrelated, but what do you guys think about the Ork codex's organization? It seems to answer most of the codex org complaints by combining the beastiary with the army list and putting all the wargear and other stuff at the back with the reference section. I really like it, though it shortchanges individual unit fluff for giant photos of models.

I... I'm not sure I like it. It does mean a LOT more page-flipping, although they are at least nice enough to give you page references for everything. Still, the really short unit entries feel pretty weak overall (oh, hey, thanks for the half-page photoshop job of a model from each unit, that's something I couldn't see on the internet) and I find the army listing to be a lot harder to read overall. It's not catastrophic or anything, just annoying.

I do like that all of the wargear is together- the semi-arbitrary distinction between "unit-specific wargear" and "generic wargear" was always kinda weird before, because often enough there was not actually a difference, but a lot of other parts of it bother me.

Hollismason posted:

Since we're discussing alternatives to GW , does anyone have some recommendations for maybe some Daemon models?

I've asked before but not really found much.

http://z7.invisionfree.com/wyrmling_x/index.php?showtopic=9270

There's a reasonably-complete listing of stuff here, although some of the links are out of date.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

PeterWeller posted:

Raptors are the dragster looking jobs, right? Those are rad and one of the reasons why I think Mantic has real potential. There's a lot of good stuff scattered through their lines, but I think it's mainly overwhelmed by the lame stuff.

Those are they. Absolutely fantastic model.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Geoff Zahn posted:

Begone, vile temptor! Good thing I have no money, I would love to snag those robe-bros, would probably make them into spooky death company (I have Dark Angels and Blood Angels, trying to model and style them to be mix-and-match as I please).

• Locked thread