Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Basil Hayden
Oct 9, 2012

1921!

Rap posted:

Touissant i bet you and i can find common ground on throwbacks. Broncos old maroon/yellow and Eagles old yellow/sky blue? Thoughts???

Isn't the Broncos' brown/yellow scheme the one they inherited from a defunct college all-star game because their owner was too much of a cheapskate to buy new uniforms, and later they ritually burned all the socks from it in a giant pile before inaugurating the original orange/blue set

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
As long as we all agree that the Bears are poo poo for Stealing the Cincinnati Reds' logo.

Basil Hayden
Oct 9, 2012

1921!

Eifert Posting posted:

As long as we all agree that the Bears are poo poo for Stealing the Cincinnati Reds' logo.

Didn't the Reds steal it from the University of Chicago to begin with?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Basil Hayden posted:

That pic is clearly from 1982. :v:

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.

Basil Hayden posted:

Not to be outdone, the Chicago Cardinals took not only the logo but also the used uniforms of the U of Chicago Maroons.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

The Lions uniforms are still awful and they should go back to the Barry Sanders ones.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I love pretty much all the unis from the EFLI (Indian league). Look at all these:

They're kind of formulaic but the logos and colors all seem right on the money.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

98 on the defenders looks like he would be broken in half the second an opposing player touched him.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
There's only about 30 players on each team so clearly he sees the field. I don't see him on the roster though.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

So, Syracuse released new uniforms today. It got talked about on Cleveland sports radio, and a guy called in who said he works in the field (I know, I know), and said that the Browns fans should expect to see things that are similar to these jerseys and the Bucs jerseys. He mentioned that the digital numbers are part of a template, along with CLE/BROWNS on one sleeve and a logo, the helmet/Brownie the Elf, on the other.

I think I might die if the Browns release a jersey with those digital numbers.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Eifert Posting posted:

I love pretty much all the unis from the EFLI (Indian league). Look at all these:

They're kind of formulaic but the logos and colors all seem right on the money.

Those palettes are all ace

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
That's a lot more reserved than I'd expect from the Sky Kings. I'd have em wear purple and metallic gold, with fur trimmings if at all possible.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Hockles posted:

So, Syracuse released new uniforms today. It got talked about on Cleveland sports radio, and a guy called in who said he works in the field (I know, I know), and said that the Browns fans should expect to see things that are similar to these jerseys and the Bucs jerseys. He mentioned that the digital numbers are part of a template, along with CLE/BROWNS on one sleeve and a logo, the helmet/Brownie the Elf, on the other.

I think I might die if the Browns release a jersey with those digital numbers.

I just honestly meet it with shrugged shoulders at this point.

I love the Browns, love their uniforms, but you know what? Things need to change.

This culture they've been under has been that terrible.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

FuzzySkinner posted:

I love the Browns, love their uniforms, but you know what? Things need to change.

If changing cosmetic things like classic uniforms changes the culture for the better, those misappropriated motivational quotes should've gotten Cleveland to 6 wins, at minimum.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
If it aint broke don't fix it.

- Napoleon Bonaparte

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

shiksa posted:

- Napoleon Kaufman

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.

This is fine except for the "-=B=-" on the breast, which is awful.

I know I'll get crucified but I'll sacrificed the all-whites for the return of the orange pants.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
so when are we seeing the new browns jerseys? Before this season or next off season? Did I miss the release date?

Frankly if we don't see it till next season I think we should ignore anything talking about it because designers change ideas a lot during the process and it could end up nothing like what we've heard so far

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

shiksa posted:

- Napoleon McCallum
:v:

(...how many Napoleons have the Raiders had? One of them is now a senator :psyduck:)

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

FuzzySkinner posted:

Yeah but they should change to uniforms that dont look like poo poo like those Syracuse unis do

Faltese Malkin
Aug 22, 2005
Georgetown

Febreeze posted:

so when are we seeing the new browns jerseys? Before this season or next off season? Did I miss the release date?

Frankly if we don't see it till next season I think we should ignore anything talking about it because designers change ideas a lot during the process and it could end up nothing like what we've heard so far

I thought it was for the 2015 season.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Faltese Malkin posted:

I thought it was for the 2015 season.

Yes, that is correct. 2015.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
If the Browns get new uniforms, that one storefront can retire that one jersey with all the QB nameplates, and start a new jersey to fill up with nameplates. That'll be fun.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Holy poo poo (not football but whatevs peep this poo poo)

http://www.oknfl.net/chicago-bulls-23-michael-jordan-white-tune-squad-nba-jersey-p-47947.html

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

So is the ramp up Nike doing a couple teams a year and slowly ramping up to like 8 teams in one year?

Please leave the Chiefs alone. They just need to wear all-reds.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

As long as they have the option to swap in the white pants, these are great. The number font and accents stand out in particular.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I am really, really pumped for this match up.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

the two miami ones in the middle look awesome, especially the green one

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Those green Miami unis are good

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I love the orange helmet:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
I'm easily entertained, I think those gloves forming the U are loving awesome :v:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

oldskool posted:

Oh man that's nice.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the pattern, the texture, the contrast between the sticker and shell hngggg

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Meanwhile, in Jacksonville,

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

oldskool posted:

That is sexy as poo poo

shiksa posted:

Fuuuucccckkkkk yyyyoooooouuuuu

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

shiksa posted:

matte black or metallic gold, guys, pick one and it'd be so much better

so much better

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I'd even take a bit more of a gradient instead of a seam midway down.

Faltese Malkin
Aug 22, 2005
Georgetown
Here's a larger picture of those awesome Hurricane uniforms:

The 'U' is a tad too big, but overall just a fantastic uniform.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

shiksa posted:

Did someone go at this with a blowtorch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Faltese Malkin posted:

Here's a larger picture of those awesome Hurricane uniforms:

The 'U' is a tad too big, but overall just a fantastic uniform.

They paired the orange jersey with white pants in that one, much better look than the orange on orange imho

• Locked thread