Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Cow and Boy

Hrrrm.

Sherman's Lagoon

That sounds kind of gross to me, but then, I'm not a tabasco fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (April 19, 1927)

Peanuts (July 11, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean

Popeye

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (April 1-2, 1925)

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean
What the gently caress does she want a slabbed copy for? She's just going to take it straight out, isn't she? Because that's exactly what she did with the last one. :argh:

I don't even care about comic books and I think sealing them up and keeping them just to collect is incredibly dumb. If someone bought a slabbed comic book in real life and took it out to read it, then threw it in the garbage, I wouldn't care. But this makes me angry. Tom Batiuk truly must be a master story-teller, assuming that its his intent to create the most unlikeable characters imaginable.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Tiggum posted:

What the gently caress does she want a slabbed copy for? She's just going to take it straight out, isn't she? Because that's exactly what she did with the last one. :argh:

I don't even care about comic books and I think sealing them up and keeping them just to collect is incredibly dumb. If someone bought a slabbed comic book in real life and took it out to read it, then threw it in the garbage, I wouldn't care. But this makes me angry. Tom Batiuk truly must be a master story-teller, assuming that its his intent to create the most unlikeable characters imaginable.

Thank you for making my rant for me.

Monty

Mike du Jour

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Tiggum posted:

You took the words out of my mouth.

Although I do see the point of slabbed books; most of these are considered "investment" copies. With the advent of the internet and omnibuses, actually wanting to read these issues is easier than ever and you don't have to ruin an old comic. I know a few people that have slabbed books but still love the stories and relive them through different, cheaper and less destructive means.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

And speaking of scarring folks, Manhandling Comix.

Pooch Café

If I had a helper gorilla, I'd never go anywhere without a drum kit.

Ballard Street

It's the guy in the back's first day. He still has a lot to learn, but he's got more than enough enthusiasm.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County

Calvin And Hobbes

DOGG

Ripley's

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

Nothing better than cuddling up and talking about skin conditions.

This is starting to sound suspiciously like the plot to Phenomenon

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Jane's World

GETCHUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER!

Non Sequitur

Alright! Two in a row, Wiley! That was pretty good. My boss yells at his computer in exactly the same way.

Surprise, Heavenly Nostrils is late.

Kliban's Cats

I don't even know. It's interesting though.

9 Chickweed Lane 7/8/2003

Right. Standard Brooke.

Zits

Good luck keeping your crotch under control at the beach, Jeremy.

Kevin & Kell

So stupid.

:)

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

What is it with Gilchrist and despondent-looking stuffed animals?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Non Sequitur

Alright! Two in a row, Wiley! That was pretty good. My boss yells at his computer in exactly the same way.

Why do you always "talk" to this artist? It's a little creepy.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Indolent Bastard posted:

Huh. I don't know, exactly. I guess I kind of do it with all of them, Brooke, Holbrook, etc. Not trying to creep anyone out though, it's just my weird style, I guess.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Tiggum posted:

Ginger Meggs

Weird typo. :confused:

It almost makes sense with the accent.

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

9 Chickweed Lane 7/8/2003

HEY GUYS HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF CHOPIN PROBABLY NOT HUH WELL I LISTEN TO HIM ALL THE TIME HES GREAT I DONT EVEN JUST HEAR HIM ON THE RADIO I PUT HIM ON THE STEREO YEAH I ACTUALLY BUY CHOPIN BECAUSE IM JUST SO loving SMART AND COOL NO THAT BULGE ISNT MY PUNY COCK ITS MY MONSTROUS THESAURUS WAIT COME BACK LET ME INSULT YOU WITH LONG WORDS

And yet still not the least readable comic in the thread.

BarbarousBertha
Aug 2, 2007

Judge Parker is so loving dull nobody even noticed the nipples. Or I hallucinated them.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac settle in for a week of this.

The Creeps tatooed

Poptropica the reveal!!

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

BarbarousBertha posted:

Judge Parker is so loving dull nobody even noticed the nipples. Or I hallucinated them.

No, they're there. I just ignored the obvious edit.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Howard the Duck

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Great Moments in Rock 'n' Roll

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Hmmmmm...

wikipedia posted:

After the draw, the Indian football association AIFF decided against going to the World Cup, citing travel costs (although FIFA had agreed to bear a major part of the travel expenses),[8] lack of practice time, team selection issues and valuing the Olympics over the FIFA World Cup.[8]

Although FIFA had imposed a rule banning barefoot play following the 1948 Olympics[9][10] where India had played barefoot, the Indian captain at the time, Sailen Manna, claimed that this was not part of the AIFF's decision.[8]

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
Ripley's Research It Or Not!Ž

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Maybe it's like Crime Quiz. Spot the factoid!

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

Indolent Bastard posted:

Because he's aggressively trying to make us stop reading the comics he posts with his pointless commentary and overuse of :ughh:.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Transmodiar posted:

Because he's aggressively trying to make us stop reading the comics he posts with his pointless commentary and overuse of :ughh:.

Yeah, who the hell discusses comic strips in the comic strip thread?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Transmodiar posted:

It could be worse. He could be writing fan fiction!

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I don't mind it except for the ridiculously high standards for Wiley. Seems to be a complaint every time Non Sequitur does a lame politics joke when, you know, that was the strip's original bread and butter.

Anyway, who gives a poo poo, the comics are the show here. Or the edits, in Nancy's and 4CL's case.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

DoubleDonut posted:

Yeah, who the hell discusses comic strips in the comic strip thread?

Not BlankIsBeautiful - and that's the problem. :smug:

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Transmodiar posted:

If Everett True was still alive he would cream you.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I ignore the comics to focus on Blank's good commentary :twisted:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Jane's World

GETCHUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER!

On the upside, if this flashback continues long enough we'll finally get a reappearance of the Last Straight Person Ever in Jane's World, James Hetfield!

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

scarycave posted:

If Everett True was still alive he would cream you.

What ever happened to ol' Everett anyway? He was a jingoistic nutbag for a while but he was tapering off before he disappeared.

And while we're on the subject, what became of Foxy Grandpa? Did he and The Baby finally get flummoxed by The Boys? :ohdear:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
The answer to those, and all other questions of missing strips, is that posting a strip every day is boring and unrewarding.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

cobalt impurity posted:

What ever happened to ol' Everett anyway? He was a jingoistic nutbag for a while but he was tapering off before he disappeared.

IIRC, the guy posting it just ended up running out of source material.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

cobalt impurity posted:

And while we're on the subject, what became of Foxy Grandpa? Did he and The Baby finally get flummoxed by The Boys? :ohdear:

Those mischiefs!

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

gently caress you, kid! You'll go out there and get eaten by mosquitoes if I tell you to! :argh:

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Huh. I don't know, exactly. I guess I kind of do it with all of them, Brooke, Holbrook, etc. Not trying to creep anyone out though, it's just my weird style, I guess.

It is a tad weird, to be honest. I've never really noticed if you do it with the other artists, but it seems like you're always addressing him directly rather than talking about him. Doesn't help that he's the only one whose first name you use.

Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Wee Pals

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Dick Tracy

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

BarbarousBertha
Aug 2, 2007

Wanamingo posted:

It is a tad weird, to be honest. I've never really noticed if you do it with the other artists, but it seems like you're always addressing him directly rather than talking about him. Doesn't help that he's the only one whose first name you use.

Nah, Blank calls Kliban "Bernard" too.
For what it's worth, I find addressing the artists directly a lot less weird than addressing the characters directly.

The Wiley comments only stick out a little because Wiley seems a lot less of an idiosyncratic "personality" than a lot of the other artists we regularly rip on. Lester is a hack, Lynn is a bad mother, Holbrook is a loon, Brooke is a... Brooke. That sort of thing.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Wanamingo posted:

Is this a reprint? I could have sworn this exact setup was posted before.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

Wanamingo posted:

*squint*

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Evil Mastermind posted:

Is this a reprint? I could have sworn this exact setup was posted before.

No, it's the same setup but the solution's different. I think the last time one of the coats was longer or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Pvt.Scott posted:

It could be worse. He could be writing fan fiction!

Don't push me... :ughh:

:v:

• Locked thread