Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

Pennslyvania is bullshit because you have to pay to drive across the state but the roads suck and the speed limit isn't 70.

Then you get to New York and wish the DOT was near as competent as Pennsylvania

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Snowdens Secret posted:

Live in NY, drilled in PA. :shepicide:

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Live in NY, drilled in PA. :shepicide:

Aren't you from Jersey, to boot? You really nailed the trifecta of terrible transit.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
NJ is great because you have some of the richest counties in the US bordering some of the poorest so it's really easy to go from well kept smooth roads to potholes and car jackings.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Snowdens Secret posted:

The NY State Expressway is decent but I guess it isn't maintained by NYDOT.

I've lived in Northern VA most of my life and this was the first time I've been to the USMC War Memorial or Arlington National Cemetery. I didn't realize that ANC is a tourist destination. They all get funneled up to the Tomb of the Unknown and the Changing of the Guard and all that but its still a real pain in the rear end/not what I expected. Its also kind of weird that half the markers were for some dude's wife. Like...here is our shrine to our war dead and the women they knocked up.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Snowdens Secret posted:

Aren't you from Jersey, to boot? You really nailed the trifecta of terrible transit.

Nope, not from NJ.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

The NY State Expressway is decent but I guess it isn't maintained by NYDOT.

I've lived in Northern VA most of my life and this was the first time I've been to the USMC War Memorial or Arlington National Cemetery. I didn't realize that ANC is a tourist destination. They all get funneled up to the Tomb of the Unknown and the Changing of the Guard and all that but its still a real pain in the rear end/not what I expected. Its also kind of weird that half the markers were for some dude's wife. Like...here is our shrine to our war dead and the women they knocked up.

I haven't been to Arlington since I was a toddler, but in other national cemetaries I've visited, the spouse's information is on the back of the servicemember's stone. I assumed all the major ones did it the same way.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Godholio posted:

I haven't been to Arlington since I was a toddler, but in other national cemetaries I've visited, the spouse's information is on the back of the servicemember's stone. I assumed all the major ones did it the same way.

quote:

g. Spouses and Dependents

(1) The spouse, surviving spouse or dependent of an eligible Veteran or member of the Armed Forces may be eligible for interment in a national cemetery even if that Veteran is not buried or memorialized in a national cemetery.

(2) The surviving spouse of an eligible Veteran who had a subsequent remarriage to a non-Veteran and whose death occurred on or after January 1, 2000, is eligible for burial in a national cemetery, based on his or her marriage to the eligible Veteran.

(3) The minor children of an eligible Veteran. For purpose of burial in a national cemetery, a minor child is a child who is unmarried and:

(a) Who is under 21 years of age; or,

(b) Who is under 23 years of age and pursuing a full-time course of instruction at an approved educational institution.

(4) The unmarried adult child of an eligible Veteran. For purpose of burial in a national cemetery, an unmarried adult child is:

Of any age but became permanently physically or mentally disabled and incapable of self-support before reaching 21 years of age, or before reaching 23 years of age if pursuing a full-time course of instruction at an approved educational institution. Proper supporting documentation must be provided.

Usually with national cemeteries its the veteran and their spouse if that spouse chooses to be buried next to them. Or in the event of the spouse dying first, the veteran can choose to have them buried in a national cemetery by reserving a dual plot. Or at least thats the way it was explained to my family when my grandfather died in 04.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

gleep gloop posted:

In Delaware you can run into $9, $10, and $15 tolls, plus the traffic is a nightmare.

AKA "No state income taxes"

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Scratch Monkey posted:

AKA "No state income taxes"

smugposting from Texas

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

at the date posted:

smugposting from Texas

:q:

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

None of these apply to me though? Zero income tax is pretty great for people with income.

River Raid
Apr 2, 2004

GODDAMN I AM A HUGE MORON! WITH A JETPLANE OF STUPID!
Family Vacation to San Diego for the Fourth. Brother is bugging me to post them here, so have some pictures from the Midway and a Soviet Foxtrot Sub

http://imgur.com/gallery/nWdKz Foxtrot

http://imgur.com/gallery/Pwrf8 Midway

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Probably would have been better off spending it on F-22s and maybe a FB version and selling some of those models to the Brits and Aussies and Japan to really piss off the Chinese.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

TCD posted:

Probably would have been better off spending it on F-22s and maybe a FB version and selling some of those models to the Brits and Aussies and Japan to really piss off the Chinese.

Split it half between that and a few carriers and it'd be the better choice for everyone

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

e: black text on a dark red background is retarded. whoever made that probably "designed" geocities sites in the nineties.

terrez
Mar 20, 2012
"Remove every landmine from every country on Earth."

uh good luck with that, man :z

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

terrez posted:

"Remove every landmine from every country on Earth."

uh good luck with that, man :z

For only $20 billion, to boot.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mr. Nice! posted:

For only $20 billion, to boot.

You could employ a poo poo ton of Nork, Chinese, Indian and 'Stani kids to do that in a single FOD-Sweep/Fun-Run by paying their parents $5 a head

terrez
Mar 20, 2012
"Hey A1C terrez, some PMC got a contract to clear landmines in buttfuck iraq and need you to assist them for like 6 months."

"go gently caress yourself"

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

So we can bring back legit Khmer Rouge paraolympics?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WMpDDVOcR8

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
That infographic is definitely a joke btw

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Airstrikes in Gaza:

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

at the date posted:

That infographic is definitely a joke btw

Could've at least ended with a hookers and blow quantity

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

That one looks photoshopped.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

at the date posted:

None of these apply to me though? Zero income tax is pretty great for people with income.

Plus zero sales tax. It's hard to fun the mechanism of government without them, so Delaware has really high property taxes among others.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

That one looks photoshopped.

I was going to say, in pretty sure mud hens never get that low.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Booblord Zagats posted:

You could employ a poo poo ton of Nork, Chinese, Indian and 'Stani kids to do that in a single FOD-Sweep/Fun-Run by paying their parents $5 a head

Hey, kids! Who wants to play some soccer??

And that inforgraphic was made by a goon, it's not a joke in the sense that he said he got all the numbers from the UNESCO site.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Fallows posted:

Hey, kids! Who wants to play some soccer??

And that inforgraphic was made by a goon, it's not a joke in the sense that he said he got all the numbers from the UNESCO site.

UNESCO is a joke.

Source: History

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Iraqi special forces doing what they do best: spray and pray

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Nice bedspread

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Iraqi special forces doing what they do best: spray and pray

Was it this thread that had some footage of them in a firefight which amounted to everyone standing around a corner and taking turns sort of half-jogging into the open to spray a magazine towards where they assume the enemy is before leisurely walking away, presumably to wait their turn in line to do it all over again?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Scratch Monkey posted:

Was it this thread that had some footage of them in a firefight which amounted to everyone standing around a corner and taking turns sort of half-jogging into the open to spray a magazine towards where they assume the enemy is before leisurely walking away, presumably to wait their turn in line to do it all over again?

Ayep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCUBVvpFl2g

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Remember those crazy Hamas special commando training camp vids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL9s9paqinU

Guys clearly needed some burning hoops to tumble through

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqwZF2gVVtM

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

At one point I hear a machine gun burst that lasts about 10 seconds. That's some quality soldiering!

sforzacio
Nov 6, 2012

Maybe that's just how long it takes to say "die motherfucker die" in Arabic

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Bigdog status: obsolete

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE3fmFTtP9g

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

It looks so excited :3:

Cool plane

Cool advert
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoelaXsHd3Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

sforzacio posted:

Maybe that's just how long it takes to say "die motherfucker die" in Arabic

AllahuackbuddaAllahuackbuddaJAM!