Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nikochansan
Feb 11, 2014

mandolore posted:

Spawn the Eternal video was too great. The part where he rips the dudes arm off and continues to fight was hilariously bad you had to laugh.

The lack of in-game direction coupled with the game booklet's text made that video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Silentman0 posted:

Not skipping any beats, but they're going to have to find 3 more superhero fighting games.

Great saiyaman is in all of the dbz budokai games. They'd have to make sure to play the original since the hd re-release had the bitching soundtrack stripped away though.

E: They should probably just play super dbz for the ps2 but he's not in that.

Stairmaster fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Jul 5, 2014

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Dredd isn't a superhero :shepface: so technically dhfhdryhdtsdbbb

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.

A Meat posted:

I'm pretty sure they'll play Blazblue at some point.

Liam might be there though.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Tae posted:

Marvel Vs. Capcom series, DC Vs. MK, possibly X-men vs. Street Fighter.

DC vs MK is kind of a little too similar to Injustice, and they would never let Woolie have Marvel.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Silentman0 posted:

DC vs MK is kind of a little too similar to Injustice, and they would never let Woolie have Marvel.

Just go with old Marvel tho, it plays quite differently from MAHVEL (MvC2 and 3).

They're just gonna play that godawful Justice League fighting game, really. Or the Batman one.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
Newest DYKG featuring Matt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxUB8rdmJxU

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

quakster posted:

Dredd isn't a superhero :shepface: so technically dhfhdryhdtsdbbb

He fights crime, and he's in a comic book.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
I love how mad people are that they don't like DC.

"No but you see there's a reason Green Lantern only summons lame poo poo to fight with! That makes it ok!"

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

DC pretty much stopped making good adaptations of their material the moment they closed up the DCAU. From that point on it was straight garbage except maybe Young Justice (Which I know nothing about except that they shut it down because girls liked it, which sounds insane but hey, DC) and of course Dark Knight (which is more of a Nolan movie than a DC one).

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

AXE COP posted:

"No but you see there's a reason Green Lantern only summons lame poo poo to fight with! That makes it ok!"

I love DC but I'll never fault anyone for going 'man gently caress this stupid poo poo' with how many terrible things DC has done both in out of comic adaptations and in comic events.

Also the batman video is pretty great, I had no idea this game existed. I like Brave and the Bold a lot and it looks fairly fun.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Oh man, Brave and The Bold? That game was so good. Glad you seemed to enjoy it, Matt!

Rodyle posted:

DC pretty much stopped making good adaptations of their material the moment they closed up the DCAU. From that point on it was straight garbage except maybe Young Justice (Which I know nothing about except that they shut it down because girls liked it, which sounds insane but hey, DC) and of course Dark Knight (which is more of a Nolan movie than a DC one).
Most of their direct to DVD animated movies have been pretty great though. Year One and The Dark Knight Returns were way better then they had any right to be.

AXE COP posted:

Hal is the only one who makes boring poo poo. Guy Gardner makes chainsaws and wolverines and poo poo and Kyle Rayner once used his ring to attack Brainiac with, well..

Diss Hal all you want, everyone but Geoff Johns thinks he's lame as hell anyway, but leave Guy and Kyle out of it. :colbert:

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TheRealestMatt posted:

He fights crime, and he's in a comic book.
Trap sprung. That makes Sam & Max eligible.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

quakster posted:

Trap sprung. That makes Sam & Max eligible.

And Jack Bauer.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

And The Ultimate Warrior.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I don't think raping Santa Claus counts as "fighting crime."

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

Tae posted:

Ultimate Warrior also raped Santa in that comic

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
So both the Ultimate Warrior and the Ultimate Warrior raped Santa?

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Tae posted:

Man was breaking and entering, Tae.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Man was breaking and entering, Tae.

lol

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Hey Matt, after watching that Spider-Man vid, I'm curious. What do you think about Superior Spider-Man?

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Loved the Ghost Rider vid. What a surprisingly fun looking game! Also totally appreciated it when all the guys called Kratos out on his bullshit. :allears:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Holy poo poo how did this game fly under the radar? I mean wow it looks goddamn good. I mean most games that ape the GOW style don't do well. But this and Wolverine really knows how to do the mechanics right.

I am so buying this. Thanks SBFs, you guys convince me to purchase this game.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jul 8, 2014

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

Shindragon posted:

Holy poo poo how did this game fly under the radar? I mean wow it looks goddamn good. I mean most games that ape the GOW style don't do well. But this and Wolverine really knows how to do the mechanics right.

I am so buying this. Thanks SBFs, you guys convince me to purchase this game.

I played it for another 2 hrs after we finished the video. It gets a bit repetitive, and the enemies don't change much, but it's still fun! Also, once you beat it, there's a poo poo load of unlockable characters that play totally differently! Like Blade!

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!
Found a secret thing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsXsI7bXOqM

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

That ghost rider looks sort of like Aidan Gillen.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TheRealestMatt posted:

I played it for another 2 hrs after we finished the video. It gets a bit repetitive, and the enemies don't change much, but it's still fun! Also, once you beat it, there's a poo poo load of unlockable characters that play totally differently! Like Blade!

This is legit why I love these theme months from you guys. It's fun to watch you play terrible things and all but sometimes you find poo poo that legit looks pretty good that got ignored.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Tatum Girlparts posted:

This is legit why I love these theme months from you guys. It's fun to watch you play terrible things and all but sometimes you find poo poo that legit looks pretty good that got ignored.

My heart still aches for the fact that I'll probably never be able to play Kuon.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
You can tell they found a good game when they are pretty much in sync. Pat finding a way to get up that 2nd platform was great. And then he crashes immediately when landing.

Priceless.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
This has become the podcast that I can't wait for every week. Surprised none of them said "Mighty No. 9: The Back Down" during the sequel name bit.

Edit: Also Matt, tell me you've seen this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38VBv0ZenZU

Floor is lava fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jul 8, 2014

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

floor is lava posted:

This has become the podcast that I can't wait for every week. Surprised none of them said "Mighty No. 9: The Back Down" during the sequel name bit.

No, no, you're thinking of Mighty No. 8.

NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

I've got the advantage. You've got nothing.

Silentman0 posted:

Not skipping any beats, but they're going to have to find 3 more superhero fighting games.

So how the hell has no one mentioned Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects?

That game is too real even for Fisticuffs. It will probably be in the regular non-Fisticuffs rotation just to go over the absurd story mode, but holy poo poo, this theme month is a failure if that game is at least not referenced ONCE.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think Matt has namedropped Marvel Nemesis in the past and it totally seems like something they'd play for fisticuffs, hell the game is terrible enough to be worth its own playthrough in and of itself just for the story mode.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
So, when's next Brawl? I want my MK8 salt, dammit!

But, in seriousness, since Wolf Among Us is 100% out, I hope we see more of it on the channel now. I've been holding off on watching it until everything is out so I can beat it and then get really angry at Matt and Pat loving up all the decisions that were opposite of mine, and were thus wrong. :v:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's Matt and Woolie actually and expect to hear Woolie never shut the gently caress up about Bloody Mary

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Until they mentioned Disgaea I thought they were talking about "Miss America" on the podcast and was really confused.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Don't watch the shield immediately after the wire. I dropped it after the pilot and didn't pick it back up for another few months because it seemed so unrealistic and hokey compared to the wire.

Stairmaster fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jul 9, 2014

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

Don't watch the shield immediately after the wire. I dropped it after the pilot and didn't pick it back up for another few months because it seemed so unrealistic and hokey compared to the wire.

Also every other show ever. Except maybe the West Wing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

hoobajoo posted:

Also every other show ever. Except maybe the West Wing.

I did a breaking bad rewatch instead and that worked pretty good since it starts off so ridiculously.