Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

RevKrule posted:

If you go to the SDCC thread, you can probably find another goon going to the show who might be willing to try and snag one for you.
Thanks for the tip, I'll do that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Had to almost cut my hand off from impulsively buying the re-released 80s turtles along with Shredder in his cheap cloth outfit. $10.99 each isn't too bad but I dont NEED them. :smith:

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Xenomrph posted:

I must have completely missed it, then. Was it during SDCC? What days is SDCC this year?

Follow them on Twitter or FB, what they would do is usually either at the beginning of the show for that day they will announce the exclusives are for sale at the shop. They usually leave them up for about 45 mins. If I see it I'll be sure to post here as well.

This year is is July 24th - 27th.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vintersorg posted:

Had to almost cut my hand off from impulsively buying the re-released 80s turtles along with Shredder in his cheap cloth outfit. $10.99 each isn't too bad but I dont NEED them. :smith:

They re-release them again? I missed them last year.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Rhyno posted:

They re-release them again? I missed them last year.

Saw them at my local TRU if you want to hit it up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vintersorg posted:

Saw them at my local TRU if you want to hit it up.

Was just at mine the other day and saw nothing.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Finally bit the bullet and bought one of these off eBay. Now I wait for its arrival.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Joe Fisto posted:

Finally bit the bullet and bought one of these off eBay. Now I wait for its arrival.

You won't regret it - its a BEAUTIFUL piece!

EDIT: Get hype: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3068921&pagenumber=115&perpage=40#post397688217

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jul 7, 2014

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

This is an expensive month. Superman there, the Chitauri 2-pack and the retro Cap from Cap 2. Goddamn.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Do you remember ROM? Do you remember Might Muggs? Well you're in luck because so does Hasbro!

Exclusive for SDCC
http://www.mtv.com/news/1862227/rom-the-space-knight-hasbro-sdcc-exclusive/

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

RevKrule posted:

Do you remember ROM? Do you remember Might Muggs? Well you're in luck because so does Hasbro!

Exclusive for SDCC

Neat! Wonder if they'll do an actual action figure now?

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Have the GOTG legends figures been seen in the wild yet? Both of our Targets have GOTG merchandise out but haven't gotten the Legends yet.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

RevKrule posted:

Exclusive for SDCC

I need this SO loving BAD.

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Have the GOTG legends figures been seen in the wild yet? Both of our Targets have GOTG merchandise out but haven't gotten the Legends yet.

Yup. All three Targets locally have had a Star Lord and Iron Man left on the pegs. TRU had them and a Drax.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Oh yes. But I've only been able to pick up Star Lord. I saw a Drax and Gamora once, and came back an hour later and they were gone. Hopefully they'll release another wave sometime soon.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CelticPredator posted:

Oh yes. But I've only been able to pick up Star Lord. I saw a Drax and Gamora once, and came back an hour later and they were gone. Hopefully they'll release another wave sometime soon.

Comic shops have yet to get their Diamond-supplied shipments as of yet.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I saw the whole GOTG wave sans Rocket at TRU the other day and the next day all but a couple Iron Men and Star Lord were gone. I should've picked up Nova for one of you.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
It seems like GotG toys (including Legends) are going to be flooding shelves closer to the release date but maybe that's wishful thinking on my part.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Why cookie Rocket posted:

It seems like GotG toys (including Legends) are going to be flooding shelves closer to the release date but maybe that's wishful thinking on my part.

From what I heard they played it safe with their production, so unless they start shipping refresher cases these may be a bit hard to come by if already gone.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

It's a weird wave for me because I kind of want some of them, and I'd like to have a Groot, but I'm not going to spend much time hunting and I'm not paying a premium for any of them. Also, even if I did find the full wave at retail, I may just go "ehhhh I should leave these for a bigger fan" like I did with the previous Rocket Raccoon wave.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Any idea when Magneto and the rest of they TRU exclusive x-men legends will be available again? I'm assuming they'll be back on the site for preorder again some time between now and September?

There are a bunch of guardians on amazon prime right now, including Nova, if you are willing to risk being shipped some googly eyed derplord.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

I like pretty much all of that Jubilee wave (except maskless Wolverine of course) so if anyone is buying figures for Jubilee pieces and wants to unload them, I'm your guy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Any idea when Magneto and the rest of they TRU exclusive x-men legends will be available again? I'm assuming they'll be back on the site for preorder again some time between now and September?

There are a bunch of guardians on amazon prime right now, including Nova, if you are willing to risk being shipped some googly eyed derplord.

Those cheap X-Men will undoubtedly be canceled. Contact your local comic shop as that series is scheduled to be the first of the individually offered figures.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

I decided to spring for one of those KO ML Deadpools from China and it's great. The plastic quality seems about equal in terms of weight/strength, the paint apps are good, all the joints work well. The downside: he stinks. Like, really, really stinks. I tried giving it a good washing with soap and water, but he just keeps on stinkin. My best guess is that the plastic is recycled horribleness, or there was a ratio off in the plastic formulation, or something. But holy moly he stinks like crazy.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
So he's comic accurate?

Neo_Reloaded
Feb 27, 2004
Something from Nothing
I saw the new movie 'Ninja Turtles' at Target today and holy hell are they bad. I think someone already said this, but Raphael is the only half-decent one, and that's because he's standing up straight. The others all look like the hunchback of Notre Dame. The trailers kinda had that look at times, but then there were other scenes where they (Leonardo especially) stood up straight and looked much less derpy. Nope, the figures are full-on hunchback and just look super crappy in general.

Also odd, they were just mixed in with the Nickelodeon TMNT figures helter skelter. Maybe that was just my Target being lazy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Neo_Reloaded posted:

I saw the new movie 'Ninja Turtles' at Target today and holy hell are they bad. I think someone already said this, but Raphael is the only half-decent one, and that's because he's standing up straight. The others all look like the hunchback of Notre Dame. The trailers kinda had that look at times, but then there were other scenes where they (Leonardo especially) stood up straight and looked much less derpy. Nope, the figures are full-on hunchback and just look super crappy in general.

Also odd, they were just mixed in with the Nickelodeon TMNT figures helter skelter. Maybe that was just my Target being lazy.

TRU here did the same thing, just cleared a row in the middle and chucked them out.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

With SDCC coming up, I'm curious for those of you that don't go, prefer to pay people to mule items for you or to try to just buy them on like eBay or the companies website. I'm looking to get 2 items and wondering what kind of markup I'm looking at.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Oct 6, 2014

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

boom boom boom posted:

This it guys. ROM: Spaceknight is coming back. Hasbro and Marvel worked it out. They're gonna do a Miracleman style reprint of ROM: Spaceknight, a new ROM ongoing and a ROM team-up ongoing. ROM is gonna be in Guardians of the Galaxy to set up a stand-alone ROM movie.

I wish. Hasbro and Marvel hate each other.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

DrChud posted:

With SDCC coming up, I'm curious for those of you that don't go, prefer to pay people to mule items for you or to try to just buy them on like eBay or the companies website. I'm looking to get 2 items and wondering what kind of markup I'm looking at.

What are you looking to get? Then we can tell you where to go or how to get it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Louisgod posted:

Somebody can have the Groot part that comes with my Nova part too, just let me know.

Also, I'll probably buy the Thanos Infinity set that has Gladiator in it but only want Gladiator if anybody else is interested in the others.

I dunno if you ever saw my response but if you do get that set I still want that Starlord.

I need somebody to get me a ROM too.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I'm gonna bet ROM will sit on Hasbrotoyshop for a little. The Might Muggs have never sold out instantly.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Definitely did, thanks for the reminder! My best shot is HTS so assuming they don't sell out in 2 minutes I'll get the set and he's yours. The others should have no problems finding a home.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

therealjon_ posted:

I'm gonna bet ROM will sit on Hasbrotoyshop for a little. The Might Muggs have never sold out instantly.

I hope so, I NEED it.

Louisgod posted:

Definitely did, thanks for the reminder! My best shot is HTS so assuming they don't sell out in 2 minutes I'll get the set and he's yours. The others should have no problems finding a home.

Sweet.

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

My custom shelf is finished, so I put up some of the ML in my collection:

I probably need two or three more of this size.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

therealjon_ posted:

What are you looking to get? Then we can tell you where to go or how to get it.

Looking to get the Kidrobot 7 in. Rocksteady and Bebop SDCC exclusives. From what I've seen KR isn't going to have their own booth, others are going to sell for them.

So I would assume it would be the Nickelodeon and Viacom booths?

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

DrChud posted:

Looking to get the Kidrobot 7 in. Rocksteady and Bebop SDCC exclusives. From what I've seen KR isn't going to have their own booth, others are going to sell for them.

So I would assume it would be the Nickelodeon and Viacom booths?

Yeah, they will be at the nickelodeon booth. http://www.figures.com/forums/news/59322-nickelodeon-comic-con-san-diego.html

I'm very interested in that Mirage-style Raphael though, I wonder if this means a full set of Mirage-style (red bandannas, two toes, tails, etc...) color turtles in the future.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Goddamn, im going to have to "settle" on a Playmates Mirage Shredder if it ever comes out, eh? Hope its in line with the NECA setup.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

Goddamn, im going to have to "settle" on a Playmates Mirage Shredder if it ever comes out, eh? Hope its in line with the NECA setup.

I'd be surprised if Playmates ever actually makes any of the other turtles in this style. They don't have a good track record with one-off SDCC stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
If you never got a Black Series Boba Fett, TRU has them in stock (and on sale) on their website at the moment.