Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pablo Bluth posted:

Is it time for a new thread title yet? Piers is so old hat and irrelevant, mentioning him in any context is like a bit from one of those "I love the 90's" programmes.

UKTV Megathread: 10 Fearne Cottons = 1 Holly Willoughby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed

Pablo Bluth posted:

Is it time for a new thread title yet? Piers is so old hat and irrelevant, mentioning him in any context is like a bit from one of those "I love the 90's" programmes.
Rolf Harris Memorial Terrace

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
The Harris-Savile Memorial School Disco

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Oben posted:

Rolf Harris Memorial Terrace

Rolf Harris Memorial Animal Hospital, surely?

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:

Irisi posted:

You need to watch Claudia Winckleman on 8 Out of Ten Cats Does Countdown. She's useless at the game, but so genuinely delighted to be on the show it's sort of adorable; it's like watching a panda cub try to do calculus.

Plus, she appears to be scaring Jon Richardson to the point where he's now visibly twitching every time she squeals in his ear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq3ybmW3bIc
This episode? And I assume this is okay to link since it's Youtube? I'm just trying to find it because that's the most adorable phrasing I've ever heard. Kind of in the area of "It looks like she's trying to divide 212 by 32."

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
I have to say this statement released by Rolf seems in particularly poor taste.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0rlYSJQkyw

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Paradox Personified posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq3ybmW3bIc
This episode? And I assume this is okay to link since it's Youtube? I'm just trying to find it because that's the most adorable phrasing I've ever heard. Kind of in the area of "It looks like she's trying to divide 212 by 32."

Nah, new episode, found it but.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQqHtzmaqoE

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
I am wounded about Rolf, really, really wounded. I was a massive fan of his all through my childhood in the 70s / 80s a nd always had a soft spot for that guy whenever he was on tv. I really was hoping beyond hope that he was innocent. It seems nothing is sacred from my childhood anymore when these role models you once looked up too are nothing but predators that preyed on exactly the same kind of people who looked up to him as yourself once did.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I am wounded about Rolf, really, really wounded. I was a massive fan of his all through my childhood in the 70s / 80s a nd always had a soft spot for that guy whenever he was on tv. I really was hoping beyond hope that he was innocent. It seems nothing is sacred from my childhood anymore when these role models you once looked up too are nothing but predators that preyed on exactly the same kind of people who looked up to him as yourself once did.

who the gently caress in the world looks up to tv presenters ffs, this is mental. i grew up watching rolf and liked watching him but unless you were a close family friend (victim?) how on earth can you get wounded by a celebrity being a twat?

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

I once looked up to Mark Speight, but that was only because he was hanging there.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkzxGr4Yx8U

Hahahahaha...ha ha..ha..oh.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJGbQbdfNDU&t=206s
The signs are always there. But we're too blind to see them.

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010

Yesss thank you that has just made dribble coffee on myself.

gently caress me Fresh Meat is the perfect hangover cure.
Forgot how good it is and that everyone in it is abit of a oval office but you know likeable cunts.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

stickyfngrdboy posted:

who the gently caress in the world looks up to tv presenters ffs, this is mental. i grew up watching rolf and liked watching him but unless you were a close family friend (victim?) how on earth can you get wounded by a celebrity being a twat?

Because its part of your childhood being ruined, memories forever tinted.

I was a member of his cartoon club ffs

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
were any of the recently outed kiddy diddlers in Paedogeddon? I remember Rolf was in an episode of Brass Eye but I think it was Drugs

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Fatkraken posted:

were any of the recently outed kiddy diddlers in Paedogeddon? I remember Rolf was in an episode of Brass Eye but I think it was Drugs

Yeah, he did the Czech Neck segment.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
For anyone else interested in the continuing trend of genre-shifted covers for sporting montages, BBCs Wimbledon coverage closed with a swing version of "Eye of the Tiger".

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo

BizarroAzrael posted:

For anyone else interested in the continuing trend of genre-shifted covers for sporting montages, BBCs Wimbledon coverage closed with a swing version of "Eye of the Tiger".

This trend of twee versions of classic old songs needs to gently caress off and die.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

thehustler posted:

This trend of twee versions of classic old songs needs to gently caress off and die.

It needed to gently caress off and die ever since that Paloma Faith cover of "Never Tear Us Apart".

I mean, come on to gently caress, that was an absolute CLASSIC, and she tears the arse out of it by making it into every other Paloma Faith song.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Nothing good can come of looking at the side of a bus these days. What say we start a Kickstarter to have Pudsey humanely destroyed?

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Paladinus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJGbQbdfNDU&t=206s
The signs are always there. But we're too blind to see them.

ahaha oh my god

Alexa chung: so what was the highlight
watkins: Kids!............and...women?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Has anyone else been watching Badults? It's a really underrated little show. A bit injokey, with a few jokes from their podcasts, but very enjoyable.

I think the world cup episode with the prolonged Weekend at Bernie's bit was a particular standout.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Ddraig posted:

Has anyone else been watching Badults? It's a really underrated little show. A bit injokey, with a few jokes from their podcasts, but very enjoyable.

I think the world cup episode with the prolonged Weekend at Bernie's bit was a particular standout.

lol are you joking? it's probably the worst thing i've ever seen on british tv, including derek.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I agree with you about Derek. I'm sorry you have bad taste, though.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Ddraig posted:

I agree with you about Derek. I'm sorry you have bad taste, though.

yeah why don't we wait and see how popular it is with everyone in this thread, i'm pretty sure my taste is sound.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
SFB is frantically getting on IRC sending the signal for them with a demented hate of Badults to show up.
Did any of you watch An Honourable Woman by the way? I thought it was pretty, well acted, maybe a bit boring. I've got to give Blicks credit for wading into the middle east though.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Ddraig posted:

You're a funny person. What drugs do you take?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I haven't seen Badults because I watched the movie mistakes show after they took over from Robert Webb, and holy poo poo was it embarrassing.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Have Pappy's gone on a personal rampage of parenticide or something?

Haven't seen Movie Mistakes but even they admitted they did a poo poo job of it.

Badults is a fun little show. It's not the next Comedy Vehicle but it's enjoyable enough.

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
Honourable Woman was pretty good but a bit slow in the first episode.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Badults is terrible. Ddraig is terrible.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I'm not entirely unconvinced that Badults is some kind of Springtime For Hitler deal.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

I'm not entirely unconvinced that Badults is some kind of Springtime For Hitler deal.

Then why isn't it cancelled already?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I knew it wouldn't be quite good from the name alone, and it seems I am right. It sounds like something pissed onto the front of a shite Red Banner paper in broken society mode.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Paladinus posted:

Then why isn't it cancelled already?

You never saw that movie, did you?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Gaz-L posted:

You never saw that movie, did you?

For some reason thought about Heil Honey I'm Home, sorry.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Cloud Potato posted:

Rolf Harris Memorial Animal Hospital, surely?

More of a Nostalgia Hospital, really.

Dr. Lucien Sanchez
Jan 19, 2011
Rhod Gilbert announced on his Facebook today that he's taking over as the permanent host of Never Mind the Buzzcocks when it comes back in Autumn. Could it make the show worth watching again? I'm a big fan of his so keeping my fingers crossed.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Dear Channel 4 or 5,

For the love of all that is holy, sell everything that isn't nailed down and on fire and take all the sporting events that ITV currently has away from them. I don't want to live in a world where Adrian Chiles is one of the few people presenting football on free to air tv

Yours,
ShaneMacgowansTeeth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
Guess who's back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3yI-cxDX_g

Call me a hipster but i don't like this chummy twitter-era barry scott i preferred his earlier more aggressive louder work.

Ponce de Le0n fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jul 10, 2014