Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Looking forward to Afonso Alves playing up front in the Copa America next year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

ramires looked ok when he came on

Yeah

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
It was amazing, by the 6th goal the commentary guy on Россия 1 started singing "Super Deutschland, super Deutschland, ole ole ole!" and five minutes later burst out with Rammstein's "Ich Will", I think commenting on what Löw was thinking about Scolari. "Ich will dass du mich siehst, ich will dass du mich gut verstehst." I didn't go to the pub because I was afraid of getting murdered by Russians for cheering Germany. gently caress, I should have gone anyway.

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012
Brazil were a bunch of pussy prima donna bitches and im glad they are dead

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/AliveFact/status/486635511873015809

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
imagine if you were the person that bet on germany to win 7-0

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

Coohoolin posted:

It was amazing, by the 6th goal the commentary guy on Россия 1 started singing "Super Deutschland, super Deutschland, ole ole ole!" and five minutes later burst out with Rammstein's "Ich Will", I think commenting on what Löw was thinking about Scolari. "Ich will dass du mich siehst, ich will dass du mich gut verstehst." I didn't go to the pub because I was afraid of getting murdered by Russians for cheering Germany. gently caress, I should have gone anyway.

hell, maybe i'll start watching Россия 1 for my football coverage it sounds like a hoot

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

Paddyb posted:

I'm trying to think of a Brazil player that wasn't complete poo poo yesterday. Even Marcelo was getting run over again and again.

I felt sorry for Bernard, I think he was the only one trying in the second half

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Monday Bandele posted:

I felt sorry for Bernard, I think he was the only one trying in the second half

There were times in the second half where he made some good runs and got into a decent shooting position, then looked for another pass that never quite came off, and I wondered why he didn't try to score with nothing to lose at that point, then he did near the end and skied it.

Also, no team outside of 1930s England should have players called Fred and Bernard.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

HJB posted:

There were times in the second half where he made some good runs and got into a decent shooting position, then looked for another pass that never quite came off, and I wondered why he didn't try to score with nothing to lose at that point, then he did near the end and skied it.

Lol this, I kept shouting at the tv for him to just hit it first time and then eventually he did and it was a loving awful shot and I instantly understood why he hadn't until then.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

ephex posted:

ah! a new day and its still real!

lol

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)
I get the impression that Brazil kinda missed Thiago Silva.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

Suqit posted:

I get the impression that Brazil kinda missed Thiago Silva.

idk Op, you dont concede 7 goals just because your best defender is out imo

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde

This would pretty much be my reaction:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG63OtsKC7k

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Still can't believe we trashed the Brazilians so thoroughly, that was the best match I've ever seen.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Machinegunboyo posted:

No you don't. But you concede one or two and then when your captain and leader isn't their to keep everyones chin up it all goes bad.

Obviously he wasn't a 7 goal difference but had he played it never would have gotten so out of hand imo.

Plus he keeps David Luiz in check. He reminds me of Puyol, players like that have so much influence over a team its painful when they are out.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Machinegunboyo posted:

You don't concede 4 in 6 minutes if you've got a decent defender holding things together.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

sassassin posted:

You don't concede 4 in 6 minutes if you've got a decent defender holding things together.

*marks calendar for this historic moment*

Agreed

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Luiz being made captain probably just encouraged him to charge around and try and be involved with everything

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
You could see the collapse in Brazil's faces after the second goal, and they lacked a leader on the pitch who could marshal their defence and prevent them from falling apart and conceding three more goals in five minutes. Instead they had David Luiz, who gave one of the worst performances you will ever see by a central defender at this level. Thiago Silva would have made a huge difference. Brazil would still almost certainly have lost, but it probably wouldn't have been the embarrassing humiliation that it was.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
Should've made Cesar captain imo.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Teron D Amun posted:

I just came back from Brazil vs Germany. I went to the stadium, i was there. I'm here to chronicle a bit of it.

There were about ~7-10% germans there, rest brazilians. A few from other countries. I met a japanese couple, a venezuelian father and son, there was this old polish couple with a nice costume, i met two aussies. But mostly the stadium was yellow.
Fanatic brazilians thought they'd surely win. The more rational ones saw germany as a favorite. But who the hell could foretell that brazil would be obliterated?

There was so much energy in the stadium. Brazil's anthem gave me chills. Just imagine what it was like.
German players were jeered when they entered stadium, when they appeared on tv, when they had the ball. It was sufocating. The german crowd got jeered anytime they started singing.

I was surprised how easy it was to score that first goal (and the ones that would follow). But the crowd didn't give up. They imediatly started singing loud.

After the second goal the crowd was still cheering and trying to give the team morale. But after the third they just stood quiet. They knew the game was gone.
From them on the stadium was all very very quiet except for two major sectors full of germans. They were making a hell of a party.

As you know Germany scored four goals within 10 minutes and EVERYONE was dumbstruck by it. It was unbeliavable. I was secretly laughing my rear end off amidst a brazilian crowd because it was simply amazing. I knew it was history happening. I knew it was a magic moment. I was there watching the biggest humiliation in world cup-if not of footbal- history. It was truly unreal.
Numb would be the best word to describe everyone in the stadium.
The germans didn't believe it. They were like 'WTF'. Is this some kind of dream?
The contrast between the two teams was truly awesome. Total inefficiency and low morale versus clinical playing, masterful football.

How brazilians reacted? Some weren't giving a poo poo and were having a good time actually. Most were somewhat upset. Some were VERY upset. I saw people crying in the crowd, in the corridors, in the bathroom. I saw folks angry and picking up fights at nothing. But most were just numb.

Around 60 minutes there were brazilians in the crowd shouting 'please just end the game, enough'.

I saw a brazilian ask a german nearby how to say massacre in german. He replied 'Gemetzel'. And the brazilian: "This is a gemetzel! Now, how do i say mercy?"

They realized how well germany played and the 7th goal (stunning btw, i was so near it!) was cheered and applauded by both parties. There were so many scenes, so many details.

It was crystal clear how the german team wasn't even trying on second half. They were just controlling the game and scoring here and there out of boredom.

Overall people were being friendly, but you could just see the mass disapointment. There was an aura of utter defeat in the crowd. Watching them getting out of the stadium reminded of a recent Simpsons episode where brazil prophetically got beaten by germany. It was truly something.
I knew i was going to witness something big when i went to that game. But damm. That was the very definition of surprise buttsex.

Brazilians, game on. You're still 5 times wc.
Haters, you're still pitful.
Germans, you were my favorite from the very first round. Gogo! Germans were singing out loud "riiio de janeeeirooo" in the end. I hope to see you lift the trophy. That was some masterful football, just beautiful, intelligent, efficient.
Football fans, this is a day to remember.

Anyone else have any more texts like this one?

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

He was quoted as saying "Take it to the final! As you can see, it is not easy, but you deserve it, congratulations"

:unsmith:

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

ephex posted:

He was quoted as saying "Take it to the final! As you can see, it is not easy, but you deserve it, congratulations"

This WC couldn't get any better

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

ephex posted:

what a nice gesture and it seems from other sources that most Brazilians were actually really nice to the German fans as well

on another note:

guess hes gonna regret that one now

Teron D Amun fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Jul 9, 2014

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

ephex posted:

:unsmith: indeed

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Teron D Amun posted:

what a nice gesture and it seems from other sources that most Brazilians were actually really nice to the German fans as well

on another note:

Umm...

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

ephex posted:

Cause that's gonna get you laid isn't it bro?? What a creepy lame old fucker. Gross.

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde

ephex posted:

Awww, :glomp: that guy!

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Teron D Amun posted:

on another note:

might want to rehost that

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012

Karl Sharks posted:

might want to rehost that

but enough about the world cup

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

ephex posted:

And after saying that he punched out his atheist college professor

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Teron D Amun posted:

on another note:

Boy you sure do like your MMORPGs

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro

looks like we're in the bad 1985 where biff has the sports almanac

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Thomas Muller's advanced World Cup stats:

12 games
10 goals
5 assists

And he's only 24 years old.

:swoon:

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

ephex posted:

12 games
10 goals
5 assists

Do you think he'll get 20 World Cup goals.

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Total Meatlove posted:

Do you think he'll get 20 World Cup goals.
he will

nice big picture with text that i can surely read

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

ephex posted:

he will

nice big picture with text that i can surely read

They all got zeros, OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MuLepton
Apr 1, 2011

It's kind of a long story.

ephex posted:

12 games
10 goals
5 assists

Müller on Klose's record:

quote:

Aktuell ist er noch vorne, er hat ja auch altersmäßig gefühlte 20 Jahre Vorsprung.
:allears:
Audio here.

• Locked thread