Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I can't find Lombard Station on the nexus, so I assume it's not there. Anyone have a link?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

razorrozar posted:

Totally getting that house.

I thought MO came more highly recommended than FOMM these days, and by the end there I was so frustrated with managers in general I just threw up my hands and said "gently caress it".

I did get it working when I put everything in manually, and nothing replaced anything vanilla, so if anything causes trouble I can just deactivate it in the launcher. It's tedious and low-tech but at least it worked.

E: actually, let me add a caveat: I installed ST's robot race, but the heads on both male and female are missing but they left disembodied eyebrows behind. I assume I'm missing a texture and I'll fix it later.

As mentioned on the robot race description page, the robot race heads are actually helmets, and will be there after you finish chargen.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

fronz posted:

I can't find Lombard Station on the nexus, so I assume it's not there. Anyone have a link?

It's a goon mod that never hit the Nexus. Good news: It's in the OP.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Agents are GO! posted:

As mentioned on the robot race description page, the robot race heads are actually helmets, and will be there after you finish chargen.

:downs: I must have missed that. This has not been a good time for me and Fallout modding.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Is there a guide somewhere for how to use it? I'm kind of lost.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Sir Unimaginative posted:

To be fair I try and avoid reading anything Cream-of-Plenty writes.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
gently caress cream of plenty and his lovely OP

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
:ssj::ssj::ssj:

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Well that was a nice direction in the past few posts. Is Lombard done being revamped? I still need to do a "perfect" playthrough of NV one of these days. Like, modded a bunch but still vanilla-ish.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe

Bloodnose posted:

Is there a guide somewhere for how to use it? I'm kind of lost.

To clarify, I don't mean how to use the file because that's easy and I'm not dumb. I mean how to find and get into and enjoy Lombard Station.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Bloodnose posted:

To clarify, I don't mean how to use the file because that's easy and I'm not dumb. I mean how to find and get into and enjoy Lombard Station.

I'm told that the key is in Jean Sky Diving and that the hideout itself is somewhere near Goodsprings.

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Bloodnose posted:

Holotape in the Goodsprings saloon, key on a dead NCR trooper inside Jeans skydiving.

Edit: beaten. The station is up the road past the Goodsprings gas station.

Hobo on Fire fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jul 9, 2014

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Bloodnose posted:

Notes will tell you where it is the hills just north of Goodsprings, up-west before you get to the deathclaw warning, how to get in the key on the dude at the skydiving shack, and what else you need an asston of dynamite.

Once you've done that, I'm Professor Sage, and welcome to the world of Pokégun! (Vegas Gold version)

... I suppose most player house mods will give you some form of classical RPG hoarding disorder unless you use them very judiciously.

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jul 9, 2014

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
When I went to Jean skydiving there was a holotape on the ground about some powder gangers near the plane nearby. No key as far as I could tell, and no dead NCR dude, just a living person named "Dead Powder Ganger" that I shot to death and a couple other powder gangers. I followed the trail of bodies north but the trail fell cold near Sloan.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!
Sometimes the key and trooper fall through the floor in the sky diving building. Reload the save when you enter and they might reappear :gamebryo:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Portable campfire mod is nice especially when it falls through the ground when I'm setting it up.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
The directions for lombard station are in the goddamned readme file.

Read the goddamned readme, people.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

SpookyLizard posted:

The directions for lombard station are in the goddamned readme file.

Read the goddamned readme, people.

How do you expect anyone to know to read a file called readme? That's just bonkers.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Remember when I was talking about how Lombard Station owns because it lets you hoard things and put them on display? I just found a house mod that lets you collect people. It has rooms for all the companions and when you dismiss them it sends them to their respective rooms. :aaaaa:

Getting that, Lombard, and Underground Hideout. I am going to hoard everything.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Well, I just finally finished work on my new mod: SimpleStation. I havent posted it to the nexus yet because I need to write out some instructions, but it's basically a mod I made because all the other "Make your own radio station" mods were too loving complex. All I wanted to do was have my own music play through my pip-boy, and that's what this does. It gives you 3 custom stations, with up to 100 tracks each. I posted it here in case anyone wants to play around with it.

To use your music, you'll need to convert it to a 128kbs MONO MP3 and put it in one of the three station folders (SS1, SS2, or SS3) under data->sound->songs->simplestation, and rename it to SSTrackXXX.mp3, where XXX is a number from 001 to 100.

If you want to use less than 100 songs on a station and the silent tracks bug you (they're short, .1 seconds, but a little noticeable) open the console and type "set aaaSSOneSongCount to XXX" where XXX is the number of tracks you want to use. (For station 2 and 3 its aaaSSTwoSongCount and aaaSSThreeSongCount.)

You can also put custom "Chatter" - Station Breaks, Commercials, recordings of that weird weeping sound coming from the basement, whatever - in there by naming the SSChatterXXX, where XXX is a number from one to ten. There's a 20% chance of them playing every 2 songs, so they don't play too much.

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jul 10, 2014

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Agents are GO! posted:

Well, I just finally finished work on my new mod: SimpleStation. I havent posted it to the nexus yet because I need to write out some instructions, but it's basically a mod I made because all the other "Make your own radio station" mods were too loving complex. All I wanted to do was have my own music play through my pip-boy, and that's what this does. It gives you 3 custom stations, with up to 100 tracks each. I posted it here in case anyone wants to play around with it.

To use your music, you'll need to convert it to a 128kbs MONO MP3 and put it in one of the three station folders (SS1, SS2, or SS3) under data->sound->songs->simplestation, and rename it to SSTrackXXX.mp3, where XXX is a number from 001 to 100.

If you want to use less than 100 songs on a station and the silent tracks bug you (they're short, .1 seconds, but a little noticeable) open the console and type "set aaaSSOneSongCount to XXX" where XXX is the number of tracks you want to use. (For station 2 and 3 its aaaSSTwoSongCount and aaaSSThreeSongCount.)

You can also put custom "Chatter" - Station Breaks, Commercials, recordings of that weird weeping sound coming from the basement, whatever - in there by naming the SSChatterXXX, where XXX is a number from one to ten. There's a 20% chance of them playing every 2 songs, so they don't play too much.

That's pretty cool, the "main" station maker only modifies Radio New Vegas and you can't sort your songs at all. I'll try this out when I go to play again and let you know how it goes.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Agents are GO! posted:

That's really cool, I'll have to check it out. In the interest of renaming, anyone have an easy renaming batch file that I could use/make?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Mr E posted:

That's really cool, I'll have to check it out. In the interest of renaming, anyone have an easy renaming batch file that I could use/make?
I use this. It's a bit intimidating, but all you need is to set it up like this:

Spaseman
Aug 26, 2007

I'm a Securitron
RobCo security model 2060-B.
If you ever see any of my brothers tell them Victor says howdy.
Fallen Rib
Is there any way to use Project Nevada, DarnifiedUI, and Mod Organizer together? Without some form of patching Darnified causes some errors with PN. Unified HUD Project should work for this but because of the way that MO works, UHP doesn't see the other mods and refuses to patch them together.

Is there any other way to get the others to work together?

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

Spaseman posted:

Is there any way to use Project Nevada, DarnifiedUI, and Mod Organizer together? Without some form of patching Darnified causes some errors with PN. Unified HUD Project should work for this but because of the way that MO works, UHP doesn't see the other mods and refuses to patch them together.

Is there any other way to get the others to work together?
I think the only change you need to make is find the conflicted files between Darnified UI and Project Nevada (I think it's HUDMainMenu and one other), take the Darnified UI versions and copy over one of the bottom lines of the Project Nevada versions that say something like includes_HUDMainMenu.xml. Copy your merged version to the overwrite directory with the right folder structure, and it should work. That should get you going, but if you need exact details, I can provide them when I get home.

Edit: Oh, or there's compatibility files like Raygereio said.

Gilg fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jul 10, 2014

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Spaseman posted:

Is there any way to use Project Nevada, DarnifiedUI, and Mod Organizer together?
Project Nevada comes with compatibility files for Darnified. They're under Data/optional/DarnUI.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I recently went on a mod binge and I would suggest using FOMM over MO. My install is a shitload of mods held together by spit and tape but everything appears to be working. Somehow the idea that the mod manager was made specifically for Fallout puts me more at ease. Most Nexus pages are referencing FOMM as well. Conversely, MO works great for Skyrim.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
Yeah after using MO for Skyrim I went back to NV and decided to use it for that too..and immediately regretted it. In the end to get everything working I had to install FOMM anyway and run it through MO to get a bunch of stuff working. FOMM is pretty great anyway.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I just use FOMM to get everything in place and use FNVEdit (or its equivalent for other games) to check for conflicts beforehand.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Okay, I've added SimpleStation to the Nexus, with much more in-depth instructions.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
I'm an idiot and posted this in the wrong thread so here it is again:

Koramei posted:

I've been feeling like I'm due to play this again (I get the urge like once a year) but this time I want to have some mods- I found the list by PC gamer and got a bunch from that, but I'm specifically looking for something that makes nights harder? Does that exist? I always feel like I should look for a place to hide when the sun goes down but there's no actual incentive to do it.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Koramei posted:

I'm an idiot and posted this in the wrong thread so here it is again:

I don't know, but now I want it, too.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Well, Fellout makes nights pitch black.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Agents are GO! posted:

It would be neat if there was a mod that vastly increased random spawn rate at night, though. It'd give you an actual reason to sleep if you're not playing hardcore and it'd make the Wasteland be a lot more dangerous, the way the game builds it up to be.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Agents are GO! posted:

I'm looking for more of a "At night, the radweasels come" type experience, personally.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Yeah, exactly that. I have absolutely no experience modding these games but it can't be ridiculously hard to do can it?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
It'd be nice if there was something like FO3's Mart's Mutant Mod, where it added things like the "Night Ghouls" to time-sensitive spawns. Nothing like sprinting across the Wasteland because you have a pack of frenzied, 90's-Day-glo-Ghouls chasing after you.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Koramei posted:

Yeah, exactly that. I have absolutely no experience modding these games but it can't be ridiculously hard to do can it?

Hard technically? Not so much. Hard on the soul? Very.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Koramei posted:

Modding Bethesda games is like doing meth. Addictive, simple to accomplish, hard to do without destroying everything about you that makes you human.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Also it makes your face look gross and terrifying but that's mostly just Gamebryo.