Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vomax
Oct 12, 2005

?

razorrozar posted:

Did it hurt when you had your sense of humor removed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

Byers2142 posted:

Of course he has lovely trigger discipline.

Well yeah, it's Justin Beiber. Everything about him screams "lovely discipline"

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Stolen from the Blackberry thread in IYG because that's probably the funniest thread on the forum right now:

DrBouvenstein has a new favorite as of 17:55 on Jul 9, 2014

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Link to the part of the thread where it gets funny, please.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
I dont get it

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

They're advertising a phone which has a numberless physical keyboard as being great for working on spreadsheets.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

univbee posted:

They're advertising a phone which has a numberless physical keyboard as being great for working on spreadsheets.

Is that from an ad? That IS hilarious, those cells are so small you'd need a microscope to see them and a Borrower to interact with them. Why are they miniscule?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

If nothing has changed from the last I heard of the Blackberry franchise, the platform is a sinking ship and has been for years. They came out with a new model recently and it flopped. Hence you are bound to get weird ads like "use Google spreadsheets on your phone that is smaller than a calculator! Something, anything!"

FouRPlaY
May 5, 2010

DrBouvenstein posted:

Stolen from the Blackberry thread in IYG because that's probably the funniest thread on the forum right now:

The one on the left and the one in the middle were the last two I worked on before they fired me and sent my job to China.

RedTeam
Feb 5, 2011

SHAZAM!
is this a thing people do? work on spreadsheets on a phone? how have all of these people not killed themselves from depression?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

RedTeam posted:

is this a thing people do? work on spreadsheets on a phone? how have all of these people not killed themselves from depression?
The job does it for us, kid. You'll see when you grow up.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

RedTeam posted:

Somebody is going to invent a stand-alone computer designed to sit on a desk, with a large screen and separate keyboard. Smartphone users will be amazed at this new device and buy them by the millions.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
medieval image of a rabbit riding a hound with a trained snail of prey (1390)

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

RedTeam posted:

I keep a budget spreadsheet on Google Drive. Once in a while on my train to work I think, hey, let me update my spreadsheet, I have a half hour to just sit here, let me take care of it. I usually spend the entire half hour trying to enter in three or four numbers and dates. I typically just give up.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I have a spreadsheet that I use for work every day that I update on my phone. I have to walk from room to room collecting data about the rooms and I haven't had a problem with it.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Like literally the only use would be an "Oh poo poo X is wrong on the spreadsheet and I need to give a presentation in 10 minutes but I forgot to bring that laptop that work requires me to carry pretty much everywhere" moment, I guess.
(nobody is going to buy that piece of poo poo)

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

RedTeam posted:

Blackberry posted:

For architects and mortgage brokers, imagine being able to look at full designs and schematics on the go, and still being able to handle piles of virtual paperwork with ease.
In the healthcare field, picture being able to go through x-rays or medical documentation in the office with a patient, on a device that can maintain the necessary security standards for HIPAA compliance.
In the area of finance, how about navigating your Web-based trading platform on your device? With enough screen real estate, you can clearly see the fluctuation in your stock and determine whether it’s time to sell.
Writers will truly be unlocked with a navigable keyboard, while the large square screen enables faster content development and delivery. When you are looking to type stories or notes, your virtual keyboard doesn’t cover most of your screen.

And someone in the thread mentioned this

nerdrum posted:

I'm sorry, but seriously is this the actual selling point of this device? Is, literally anyone actually doing any actual excel work on a cellphone? My entire job is based almost exclusively around excel and data analyzing and I've never had to "emergency" edit a spreadsheet on any device I've ever owned.

Now this guy has the right idea for solving the problem

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such

Johnny Aztec posted:

Bieber is such a loving tool, that even with a gun, he isn't threatening at all.

Looks like he's threatening himself. Little to the right there, Bieb.

Pantbaloons

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Croisquessein posted:

Looks like he's threatening himself. Little to the right there, Bieb.

Pantbaloons

Not just for household trash!

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

KiddieGrinder posted:

Actually it still kind of is.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

An ancient Greek sling stone. Inscribed on it is the word DEXAI, or "Catch!"

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

KiddieGrinder posted:

It's Derelicte.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Well you can Derelicte my balls.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Phy posted:

An ancient Greek sling stone. Inscribed on it is the word DEXAI, or "Catch!"

A proud tradition

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Canada has the Bomb?

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

captainOrbital posted:

Canada has the Bomb?

No. It doesn't say "Pardon!" In equally sized writing below it.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

captainOrbital posted:

Canada has the Bomb?

Wouldn't it be "Soory, eh".

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

Say Nothing posted:

I feel this could have gone in the badass thread just as well.

That's two layers of drywall (possibly starterboard), a weak ten year old could punch through that.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

That loving Sned posted:

E; Whoops, wrong thread

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

Talby
Nov 28, 2002

Toy bricks are called legos and I won't hear anyone say otherwise.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
There is a good reason for them doing that. If everyone starts calling videogames a nintendo, they could lose their trademark. I've seen one from Xerox at my work. That said, it's still funny.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

This reminds me of a Photoshop Phriday (I think) from years ago where mom's interpret video games and one of the Xbox games is labelled Nintendo. Makes me laugh every time because that's literally what my mom refers any and all video game related things as.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Miranda posted:

Much like Sydney pidgies. We had one who'd come into our cage and clean our floors of crumbs. He was missing a foot. We called him Stumpy :3
When I moved on to a bar in the same area a similar looking bird also missing a foot came into the beer garden to clean also. I figured he was Stumpy's brother, I christened him Fred.
Ah memories. At least they didn't swoop like drat magpies.

He's a homing pidgeon. He just followed you.

Rita Repulsa posted:

medieval image of a rabbit riding a hound with a trained snail of prey (1390)

Is this from the series of medieval pictures where the bunnies disembowel humans?

Bored has a new favorite as of 02:59 on Jul 10, 2014

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Bored posted:

Is this from the series of medieval pictures where the bunnies disembowel humans?

If you can't competently flee from the goddamn hunting snail you probably deserve it.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Maybe some one can decipher what this is supposed to mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magic pantaloons
Jan 9, 2012

Ain't you ever seen a naked chick riding a clam before?

Buzkashi posted:

A proud tradition

• Locked thread