Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

bunnyofdoom posted:

Didn't he play a bank robber on Burn Notice?

Yes he did and it's one of my favorite episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

He doesn't. It's just that his character's goals seem to always be diametrically opposed to the heroes'.

You mean like a villain?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Be nice to Sheppard, he was the president once.

englerp
Oct 13, 2011

hcreight posted:

You mean like a villain?

Well, Sterling in Leverage was kind of diametrically opposed to the heroes. I wouldn't call him a villain though.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

hcreight posted:

You mean like a villain?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiuPbjth_FA&t=43m20s

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

englerp posted:

Well, Sterling in Leverage was kind of diametrically opposed to the heroes. I wouldn't call him a villain though.

Interpol officer. Only arrests guilty people. It's that Nate Ford who's an alcoholic sadistic monster.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

hcreight posted:

You mean like a villain?

He's an antagonist. Crowley (for example) is an utter cock and would sacrifice the protagonists in a heartbeat but he doesn't go around trying to end the world.

englerp
Oct 13, 2011
Ok, it just remembered: There's Evil Valda in Warehouse 13 Season 5.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

computer parts posted:

He's an antagonist. Crowley (for example) is an utter cock and would sacrifice the protagonists in a heartbeat but he doesn't go around trying to end the world.

Well, except that time he did.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

By the way if anyone hasn't seen the Amell panel in the related videos please do. It is magical.

computer parts posted:

At some point it's just semantics. Malcolm Merlyn genuinely thought he could make Starling City a better place by leveling The Glades. Was he a villain?

Eh, whatever, it was a joke post anyway.

hcreight fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jul 8, 2014

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

hcreight posted:

At some point it's just semantics. Malcolm Merlyn genuinely thought he could make Starling City a better place by leveling The Glades. Was he a villain?

Well, not exactly. A villain is someone who does evil/immoral things, but an antagonist is only defined by opposing the protagonist. They've different things, and you can totally have media with a villain protagonist and a hero antagonist, or even a hero protagonist and hero antagonist.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Breaking Bad is a recent, well known example.

The antagonists were mostly the good guys.

Babygravy
Jun 12, 2014

I am the gravy

Scyantific posted:

Our main man Stephen Amell is hosting a 3 hour special event at Comic-Con where they're going to premiering Gotham, the Flash pilot, and discussing season 3 of Arrow.

Whelp I watched flash last night, as have probably most f the people that will be at comic con

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Babygravy posted:

Whelp I watched flash last night, as have probably most f the people that will be at comic con

He was pretty pissed off that it leaked. Probably knew he was going to be part of the CC debut.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I'm surprised to see so much praise for the Flash pilot, I thought it was a pretty bad start. The dialogue was bad, and "Hey, you're awake. Here's your support crew. We'll make them good characters later maybe" was pretty terrible.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Amellsday lives again, apparently.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/07/robbie-amell-the-flash-recurring-role/

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

quote:

He is a maintenance worker at S.T.A.R. Labs and Dr. Caitlin Snow’s fiancé who plays an integral part in the particle accelerator accident that transforms Barry Allen into The Flash.

:raise:

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

boom boom boom posted:

I'm surprised to see so much praise for the Flash pilot, I thought it was a pretty bad start. The dialogue was bad, and "Hey, you're awake. Here's your support crew. We'll make them good characters later maybe" was pretty terrible.

It's a superhero show, the bar's that that high and the show (judging from the pilot) will be fun and have good enough sfx to allow us to believe we're watching the flash. As for bad dialogue, well, it's a superhero show. Most things related to comic-books/superheros has terrible dialogue if you let yourself think about it outside of the show's very narrow context. :shrug:

e: Maybe it's because I have such a low opinion of genrefic that I was floored by the Flash (and Arrow). I just don't see the point in confusing it for being/aspiring to be anything more than it is.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jul 9, 2014

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I can't imagine Sheppard as Ra's because my brain has apparently room for only one scruffy, high-foreheaded actor of law enforcers. When I try to imagine him as Ra's, he morphs into Paul Blackthorne and it just gets confusing.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Flash's regular lineup slot will be on Tuesdays. Kinda a shame, but it makes sense not to keep two potential tentpole shows on the same night.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

hcreight posted:

Flash's regular lineup slot will be on Tuesdays. Kinda a shame, but it makes sense not to keep two potential tentpole shows on the same night.

By next season every day of the week will have a DC series the way they're going.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

nutranurse posted:

It's a superhero show, the bar's that that high and the show (judging from the pilot) will be fun and have good enough sfx to allow us to believe we're watching the flash. As for bad dialogue, well, it's a superhero show. Most things related to comic-books/superheros has terrible dialogue if you let yourself think about it outside of the show's very narrow context. :shrug:

e: Maybe it's because I have such a low opinion of genrefic that I was floored by the Flash (and Arrow). I just don't see the point in confusing it for being/aspiring to be anything more than it is.

"Does that include twerking?:smug:"

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
One of my favorite dumb things about this show is all the super obvious tracking devices/spy cameras/magical computer hacking gear.

When they turn on the tracking device on The Mayor's gun box it starts flashing red.
The totally obvious cameras Slade was planting around the Queen residence.
The thing that Laurel stuck to Blood's deck that let her see all his computer files which flashed red.

I'm sure there are other good examples.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Rhyno posted:

By next season every day of the week will have a DC series the way they're going.

Monday: Blue Beetle & Booster Gold, Tuesday: The Flash, Wednesday: Arrow, Thursday: Birds of Prey reboot, and Friday: Amazon.

Do it, CW.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

For the love of God, don't do that Thursday one.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

hcreight posted:

Okay, maybe we can switch that for the Gotham Sirens, they're more entertaining anyway.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

hcreight posted:

Birds of Prey the comic has potential regardless of how bad the first show was, aka I would watch a Caity Lotz spinoff.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

jscolon2.0 posted:

Birds of Prey the comic has potential regardless of how bad the first show was, aka I would watch a Caity Lotz spinoff.

You'd have to have Jessica deGouw, though.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Gaz-L posted:

You'd have to have Jessica deGouw, though.

DC kills the Huntress and replaces her with a new one like every ten years, they'll find a way around Jessica deGouw's terrible acting.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Krad posted:

Monday: Blue Beetle & Booster Gold, Tuesday: The Flash, Wednesday: Arrow, Thursday: Birds of Prey reboot, and Friday: Amazon.

Do it, CW.

They have to get that team action on somehow. Saturday night they all team up to form: the BLASTERS.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Rhyno posted:

They have to get that team action on somehow. Saturday night they all team up to form: the BLASTERS.

Arrow and the Outsiders.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

boom boom boom posted:

Arrow and the Outsiders.

That's not obscure enough. I was whining today about how annoyed I am that they used ARGUS in the series instead of Checkmate because a Checkmate tv series done right would blow AoShield out of the water.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Whizbang posted:

DC kills the Huntress and replaces her with a new one like every ten years, they'll find a way around Jessica deGouw's terrible acting.

Dub her over with Amy Acker's voice.

Crunk Abortion
Mar 5, 2009

Young based lord and I look like JESUS

hcreight posted:

Spin off felicity sarah-canary and huntress and you could make it work. No tatu allowed.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer

Rhyno posted:

That's not obscure enough. I was whining today about how annoyed I am that they used ARGUS in the series instead of Checkmate because a Checkmate tv series done right would blow AoShield out of the water.

Smallville used Checkmate and so it is tainted forever.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
De Gouw was fine on Dracula, a different creative team could easily be all she needs to put in a better performance.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Whizbang posted:

Smallville used Checkmate and so it is tainted forever.

Smallvile used Green Arrow. Your logic is flawed.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer

Rhyno posted:

Smallvile used Green Arrow. Your logic is flawed.

No, you're thinking of Batman.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Crunk Abortion posted:

Spin off felicity sarah-canary and huntress and you could make it work. No tatu allowed.

I'd watch that show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Can someone explain something to me? I'm not a comic book reader so all I know of the League of Assassins is what this show has shown me, but aren't they bad guys? Everyone was all cool with Sarah going off with them at the end but all I could think was how she was going off to kill folks for money and everyone was all :toot:.

• Locked thread