Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

There's lots of commercial traffic out in the country, how do you think that crops get from farms to the cities?

That would be light industrial, thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turnip kid
May 24, 2010

Sir Tonk posted:

I thought PACs bought these books by the truckload to inflate sales numbers and then sold them/gave them away at events? Wouldn't the distributor of his new film be interested in that?

THE FREE MARKET WILL NOT BE INFRINGED unless it upsets me.

I like Rush scratching his head about Costco supporting the evil liberals. He's so close to figuring it out, yet miles and miles away.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Costco does not like America

I was looking at comments on Sarah Palin piece and I find it funny how many conservatives online say "libtard" but lost their poo poo when people said trig was retarded.

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I was looking at comments on Sarah Palin piece and I find it funny how many conservatives online say "libtard" but lost their poo poo when people said trig was retarded.

Libtards chose to be retarded unlike us common sense Palinites :smug:

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

quote:

: “The cultural left and its allies in Congress, the media, Hollywood, the non-profit sector and the universities are the primary cause of the volcano of anger toward America that erupts from the Islamic world.”

I thought they hated us for our freedoms, Dinesh? You saying the cultural left is responsible for our freedoms?

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
If only those Arabs would suck it up and learn to love freedom and democracy :bahgawd:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

lil mortimer posted:

Costco stopped selling Dinesh D'Souza's stupid book due to low sales, Republicans commence screaming about free speech and "this is how it all began in Cuba, Russia, China, etc."

http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattlepolitics/2014/07/08/costco-pulls-book-by-anti-obama-author-dinesh-dsouza-from-its-stores/

moths posted:

The one reassuring thing is that there aren't nearly as many of them as they think there are.

By their expectations the book should be a best seller since it's a must buy for the invisible majority. But surprise, most people don't care.

You saw this with "de-skewed" poll numbers, Beck's book that got beaten by the scifi novel, the beltway jammers, and that "million man" rally of 200 embarrassed people.

Yeah, basicly consevative publishers and authors believe in quanity over quality. Go into book store and you will see thousands of different conservative books.

whats worse is they are the books from the Politics section(which is choked with them) to the history section. Mostly because of this trash series. http://www.regnery.com/imprint/politically-incorrect-guides/

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Glen Beck is getting hatemail and violent threats......because he wants to bring tractor-trailers full of food, water, teddy bears, and soccer balls to the 60,000 refugees on July 19.

quote:

Such an attitude towards what many of his loyal fans would describe as “illegal invaders,” Beck claimed he has received a multitude of angry letters and threats.

“Everybody is telling me I’m seeing subscriptions down; I’m seeing Mercury One donations down,” Beck lamented. “I’m getting violent emails from people who say I’ve ‘betrayed the Republic.’ Whatever. I’ve never taken a position more deadly to my career than this — and I have never, ever taken a position that is more right than this.”

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/glenn-beck-getting-violent-emails-because-of-his-plans-to-aid-migrant-kids/

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

pengun101 posted:

whats worse is they are the books from the Politics section(which is choked with them) to the history section. Mostly because of this trash series. http://www.regnery.com/imprint/politically-incorrect-guides/

I just saw the "Politically Incorrect Guide to the US Constitution" at my brother in law's house this weekend. It was right beside a book titled "THE SOUTH WAS RIGHT"

It hurt my brain and I wish I had had alcohol with me.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Glen Beck is getting hatemail and violent threats......because he wants to bring tractor-trailers full of food, water, teddy bears, and soccer balls to the 60,000 refugees on July 19.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/glenn-beck-getting-violent-emails-because-of-his-plans-to-aid-migrant-kids/

I'm glad this stupid idiot is choosing to something productive for once.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

WoodrowSkillson posted:

I'm glad this stupid idiot is choosing to something productive for once.

I think it started about a week ago. I was expecting to hear some craziness on the Sirius Patriot channel, and it ended up being Beck having a breakdown while talking to a Rabbi. I never think anything he does is real, but he was sobbing and placing his children in the shoes of the refugees, and himself in the role of the parent that sent them north for their safety. I honestly hope he follows through regardless of the right's hate, as those kids need all the help they can get.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I just saw the "Politically Incorrect Guide to the US Constitution" at my brother in law's house this weekend. It was right beside a book titled "THE SOUTH WAS RIGHT"

It hurt my brain and I wish I had had alcohol with me.

It's probably a good thing you didn't since this would be the result.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04pJsqLXrj4

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

"If they don't suffer why would they leave?"

The new GOP:allears:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Glenn Beck is at least consistent in the idea he believes America should be apple pie and ice cream for everyone so he supports poo poo like helping the refugees, but hates the government for uh, reasons.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I applaud the effort, especially in his position...but this is still the man who is only not known as the sole inspiration for a murderous shooting spree at the TIDES foundation by the grace of a traffic stop, and has shown zero remorse over it even after the guy was interviewed in jail confirming Beck as the source of his info on the evils of a non-profit social welfare endowment.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I applaud the effort, especially in his position...but this is still the man who is only not known as the sole inspiration for a murderous shooting spree at the TIDES foundation by the grace of a traffic stop and has shown zero remorse over it.

He also thinks Goonswarm Federation is a front for the CIA, I honestly think he is insane and every once in a while suddenly snaps back into reality and thats when he does stuff like helping the refugees

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

Hungry for responsibility. Horny for teamwork.

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP
Dinesh D'souza does some damage control:

quote:

D’Souza said that liberals are doing whatever they can to sabotage him because his movie is popular, and so is the book. Because while critics haven’t been kind to America, it reportedly has an A+ rating on CinemaScore.

Meanwhile, BoxOfficeMojo reports a opening weekend gross of around $2.7m. It's total domestic gross right now is around $4.4m.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Alexzandvar posted:

Glenn Beck is at least consistent in the idea he believes America should be apple pie and ice cream for everyone so he supports poo poo like helping the refugees, but hates the government for uh, reasons.

I remember Glenn Beck being the voice of reason once on Fox News after the marathon bombings where the hosts were going "We should water board this kid to see what he knows, revoke his citizenship and send him to Guantanamo" and Glenn flipped out and started saying the bomber has every constitutional right afforded to a citizen, you can't just revoke someone's citizenship, and no matter how hated or dangerous the kid was it was no excuse to trample his rights.

It was strange, and surreal, because the hosts and other guests kept pressing him with "Oh but what if there's another bomb/ticking time bomb scenario" and trying to get him to agree that Dzhokar should be classified as an enemy combatant and lose his rights, and Glenn kept going "No, never, not under any circumstances, he's a citizen."

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Beck is trying to have it both ways. Dude is going down there with Mike Lee and other anti-immigration assholes. They want to appear to care, while they continually block immigration reform in DC.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Because while critics haven’t been kind to America, it reportedly has an A+ rating on CinemaScore.

"CinemaScore is a market research firm based in Las Vegas. It surveys film audiences to rate their viewing experiences with letter grades, reports the results, and forecasts box office receipts based on the data."

Huh, his film is scoring well with its audience. How baffling.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

The emails and violent threats are fake, I thought that was obvious from the get go.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Alexzandvar posted:

He also thinks Goonswarm Federation is a front for the CIA, I honestly think he is insane and every once in a while suddenly snaps back into reality and thats when he does stuff like helping the refugees

My running Beck theory is that he's actively courting the wives of the normal AM Radio/Fox News/Infowars audience. 80% of the time it's the same content, with more pastorly language and a heavier lean on the concern trolling aspects of their issues (i.e. I just care so darn much about these poor people that it makes me sad to give them the tough love I just know will inspire them to bootstrap themselves into polite society). The other 20% he breaks ranks on are stories like these where I can imagine there being dissent from the wife/mother in a REAL AMERICAN marriage. It's probably more general than that, in that he's gunning for conservatives who really are more compassionate, but that's how I see it.

note, "more compassionate" in this context means "the kind of person who doesn't see children coming to their countries border and immediately start talk about murdering them".

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
He could also be trying to attact latino conservatives.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

McDowell posted:

He could also be trying to attact latino conservatives.

Which, according to my Colombian fiance, don't exist anymore. They're not hopping on the Democrat bandwagon, but even her Cuban relatives are seriously pissed at the GOP.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Is Glenn Beck really just Colbert in a fat suit...

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

So Holly (the woman who likes to take pics of herself holding assault rifles to make liberals' heads explode) went on FOX today to whine about liberals making fun of her.

http://crooksandliars.com/2014/07/holly-hobby-lobby-takes-her-case-fox

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

quote:

“I expected less backlash with this than I did the first one because the picture is, like, America’s founding principles. That’s all that’s in the picture. And I really didn’t think it would cause the uproar that it has.”

Does she not consider that people criticizing her is as intrinsic a part of "America's founding principles" as her making a statement in the first place, or is "are free speech" something reserved for right-wingers and Real Americans™?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Does she not consider that people criticizing her is as intrinsic a part of "America's founding principles" as her making a statement in the first place, or is "are free speech" something reserved for right-wingers and Real Americans™?

You have to ask?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Maybe Glenn Beck is a redeemable human being who has finally found an issue where he simply refuses to play politics and is using his influence and wealth to do something great for people in need.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Right now, on the front page of Foxnews.com:

quote:

PRESIDENT OBAMA IS FACING CRITICISM from his own party for visiting Texas to raise money for Democrats while rebuffing invitations to see the influx of illegal immigrant minors — a day after requesting nearly $4 billion to address the crisis.

"The President just requested nearly 4 billion dollars to address the crisis - why is he not doing something?!"

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Every once in a while it makes me laugh to think about a bizarro conservative forum where the patriot posters try analyze and understand the motivations of liberal news makers like we do here with the conservative folks.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

Every once in a while it makes me laugh to think about a bizarro conservative forum where the patriot posters try analyze and understand the motivations of liberal news makers like we do here with the conservative folks.

It would cost way more than 10 dollars to post on. Can't have the 99%ers getting in after all.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

There's nothing to analyze, we all know the liberal's only motivation is to destroy America.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Anthony of Opie & Anthony is going the podcast route after getting canned by SiriusXM. No word yet on ifwhen the Adam Carolla network is picking him up.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

William Bear posted:

"The President just requested nearly 4 billion dollars to address the crisis - why is he not doing something?!"

Yeah he should've flown over it like Bush did after Katrina, that helped alot.

They'll complain no matter what he does.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Intel&Sebastian posted:

My running Beck theory is that he's actively courting the wives of the normal AM Radio/Fox News/Infowars audience. 80% of the time it's the same content, with more pastorly language and a heavier lean on the concern trolling aspects of their issues (i.e. I just care so darn much about these poor people that it makes me sad to give them the tough love I just know will inspire them to bootstrap themselves into polite society). The other 20% he breaks ranks on are stories like these where I can imagine there being dissent from the wife/mother in a REAL AMERICAN marriage. It's probably more general than that, in that he's gunning for conservatives who really are more compassionate, but that's how I see it.

note, "more compassionate" in this context means "the kind of person who doesn't see children coming to their countries border and immediately start talk about murdering them".

There's also a certain currency in being deliberately contrarian every once and a while just so his audience can go "I'm not just parroting him I disagree sometimes." Issues like this are great for that because he can argue from Christianity, etc.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

ErIog posted:

These things are literally the loving exact opposite of the things that I said about Michael Moore. Go read what I said. I said that I thought Michael Moore's motives were quite pure, but that his chosen methods end up completely obscuring any real points he ends up making. I gave a specific example from Sicko where entire segments of that film were put in for shock value despite me agreeing 100% with Michael Moore's intention for that film.

The problem with Michael Moore's methods is that too many things in his films exist only to give liberals a hate boner about the other side, warm fuzzies for being liberal, and needlessly agitate conservatives.

So once again, if I were seeking absolute purity of intention then I would be on board with Michael Moore 100% because Michael Moore hides behind purity of intention in order to justify his incredibly base style of argumentation.

BiggerBoat said he gets held to a different standard, and with that I disagree. Posters in this thread are essentially asking me to hold him to a different standard because I agree with him politically. I think that's bullshit. I hold him to the same standard I hold other documentarians and media personalities to, and on that standard he falls quite short very often.

Yeah, he was one of the first people to talk about the Iraq war being bullshit. Then in his film about it he buried George W. Bush in completely petty and stupid ad homs, and so nobody really paid attention to anything he was saying. While Bush had perpetrated an incredible fraud that was leading to the deaths of lots of people.. Michael Moore decided to calculate things like "rounds of golf," "time spent on ranch," and "number of minutes George Bush read a children's book on 9/11 at a moment when the President was powerless to do literally anything due to a lack of concrete information."

I didn't mean you specifically regarding the Moore hate. Really sorry if that was how it came across.

On the whole "Bush's ranch and general silliness" angle, I saw that as an indictment that the whole War on Terror was never he apocaliptic, all-consuming generational clash it was being sold as. Just as one of his movies points out that huge tracts of the US border are watched only part-time by underfunded, poorly-trained people, it wasn't a way to ask for more Big-Brother styled surveillance (as Hitchens argued at the time when panning the movie), but a simple way of showing that the things they care about were not the things they said they cared about.

Having a war president who claims to be fighting forces capable of destroying freedom forever spent inordinate amounts of time clearing brush, and rattling off buzzwords to the media before taking a gold swing are ways of pointing out that the narrative doesn't fit the facts. Bin Laden's relatives in the USA likely knew nothing about his doings, but the fact that they were all scooped up and shipped away without questioning, in the middle of a general grounding of flights, shows a lot about priorities, especially in a place as bloody-minded as the US is about interrogating people and getting confessions in other situations.

I personally dislike his bombast. Though a friend who works in US media once told me that if you ever want to make it, you first have to sell yourself, then any message you actually to convene, and I've seen little to disprove her theory so far. His books are usually much better about that, since you're not restricted to 90 minutes of airtime and can actually offer context rather than going for impact.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

William Bear posted:

"He should go to the border and see what's going on, not just throw money at the problem!"

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Oh look at him he's going to the border to give orders to his MS-13 buddies, shameful president. Probably cut a hole in the fence while he was there. Ugh.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

PunditFact fact-checks that "diverse" blonde Fox News anchor image and their verdict may astound you!

The 100% unironically list 26 Fox News female anchors, 24 of which are white, and say that it is indeed an example of diversity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
BREAKING! Obama inhales air through mouth, not nose, despite earlier inhaling through nose, not mouth. Why the flip flop, "Mister" President?