Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Vicas posted:

still lmao that you bought one

neither can i. its honestly one of the stupidest things ive ever done while drunk. though it cost me significantly less than than £100 cab ride i took that one time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

Nelson MandEULA posted:

put my pressy back in the box and deleted the app. battery life seems significantly improved.

coincidence?

nobody loving cares dude

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

quote:

Next time i think about to give money for a kickstarter project i will give the money the first poor man i see in the Street. I think this is a better doing.

quote:

I have the Samsung Galaxy S3 and cannot get past the "Practice Clicking".

quote:

So still no pressy here in the second biggest city of Germany...
(I get a lot of packages and Mail from HK and it took never longer than 12 Days)
Must be the cheapest option possible.
Sure won't support you ever again.

quote:

Pressy support is not answering me. Request 4176. What is happening, Nimrod?

Well... have emailed them regarding activating camera from locked screen and received reply that it is not possible. Did not mentioned if they'll worked on it.

So... nice to know that I've backed a project that's totally useless to me.
And I was led to believe that the button is supposed to do that.

T'is what it said on the FAQ

Your devices screen does not have to be turned on before using Pressy. Pressy works when your phone is in standby mode.
Also, you can assign Pressy to work even when your device is locked. The Pressy app will have adjustable security settings for every action.

quote:

I received mine a couple of days ago. works flawlesly on my galaxy note 3. Only one problem, when this pressy is in the phone i can't call anybody because it's recognized as a headphone, i can't hear anything through the speakers. Even when i say it's pressy inside the headphone jack :-(. I will have to dive into that problem. Good job pressy team, i'm impressy.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

quote:

What should I say. Nexus 5 CyanogenMod 4.4.4 pressy does not work. It already sucks to put it in.... almost everytime I pressed my pressy.... so I had to take it out and plug it in again... and again... and again. Then I tried to do the tutorial... skipped it.... and now. It does not work. It recognizes not one single "click"...nothing. Sent a feedback...no reply... that sucks!

quote:

Poland - arrived 2 days ago.
Running on Xperia Z
Triggers needs some time to run :-(.
Where is screenshot?- It was promised!!!
Annouying is, that it activates recording ( video) without posibility to get view of what is being recorded :-(.
How to instantly activate recording on Tapemachine?

Generally- Disappointed :-(

quote:

Moto G. Doesn't work. Thinking of melting it down so I can turn it into something useful.

quote:

For those that have been having difficulty inserting the Pressy without accidentally pressing it, here's a technique I've been using that works pretty well. I hold it in my fingers just to get it started but only insert it about half way. Then I turn the phone over and push the edge of the Pressy against a hard surface, with the phone at an angle so only the metal is hitting and not flat so the button is hitting. Pushing down against the hard surface gets the Pressy fully seated in the headphone jack and the button never gets activated. Much easier than trying to use a fingernail.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

I don't know what the complaints are about. The hardware is great at keeping dust out of the headphone port on my android. The software side leaves a lot to be desired as I'm not uninstalling google just so I can start this app and setup a shortcut. But great job on the hardware.

fuckin comedy goldmine over there

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
i'm so depressy

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Request 4176. What is happening, Nimrod?

this is how i'm gonna file tickets from now on

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

10 kickstarter projects you will be buying in 2014

by my count:

4 failed to fund
1 closed after scam accusations
3 missed their deadlines and sucked when they did ship
1 hasn't reached its deadline yet
2 shipped and actually fulfilled their promises

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Vicas posted:

Request 4176. What is happening, Nimrod?

this is how i'm gonna file tickets from now on

that's actually the guy's name

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

Werthog 95 posted:

10 kickstarter projects you will be buying in 2014

by my count:

4 failed to fund
1 closed after scam accusations
3 missed their deadlines and sucked when they did ship
1 hasn't reached its deadline yet
2 shipped and actually fulfilled their promises

that's 11 dummy

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Nitr0 posted:

that's 11 dummy

the 11th is the extra one that "we liked so much, we backed it!"

guess which one that was

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/324283889/potato-salad

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Proteus4994 posted:

nobody loving cares dude

well i do! :mad:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

what.the.gently caress.

lmao

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

If I looked like that, I'd want to die too.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
what show on the history channel is so shameful you won't name it?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
answer: a show where a guy cuts things in half and drops hairdryers in a bath

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/235073402/shark-pc-compact-wireless-computer-accessible-from?ref=category

£47/£80000 for a low-cost, optionally battery powered desktop pc

none of the pledge tiers were for the pc itself, but £199 lets you stay at somebody's house maybe? in italy

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

that water drop controller is p baller though, delivered and accepting new orders: http://www.mjkzz.com

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/petertreadway/acton-r-rocketskates-worlds-first-smart-wearable-m

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

wheelchairs for shoes

what will they think of next

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

1991 called. they want their fashion back

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Sweevo posted:

1991 called. they want their fashion back

last 15 years have been hecka boring for fashion

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
Ultra Light - ONLY 7 POUNDS

for the fat slob whos into ski-boots as a fashon statement

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
unfortunately i see it becoming popular in the same way that segways are still used to do city tours in dc

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
ughhhhh what terrible stretch goals

"hey, we're making plastic stuff! how much harder is it to make a soft good!?!?"

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=halhVBSMwlY

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

Ultra Light - ONLY 7 POUNDS

for the fat slob whos into ski-boots as a fashon statement

7 pounds per rollerskate?

to accelerate you gotta lean forward. which is how the segway works too, but with the segway you have the pedestal to hold yourself up with. this has gotta be hella uncomfortable

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
the segway also had a gyroscope that would keep you from just falling forward, here you lean too far and i guess your foot hits the ground and causes you to stumble forward?

also, lol at the video description with the guy who then stops and walks up the stairs looking like a jackass

"to speed up, lean forward. to slow down, lean back...but not that far back!!" So now my only options for emergency stopping are:

1. lean back slowly and come to a slow halt - may end up crashing into whatever is in front of me
2. put weight onto the balls of my feet to take the wheels off the ground, but also abruptly leave me running at potentially 12 mph...like jumping onto a treadmill from a standstill
3. doing what i did with rollerblades when i was 8 and just roll into the closest grassy area

:thumbsup:

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
add $100 to ship outside the US? lol nope

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

it's not a kickstarter but this is the top post on the 'futurology' reddit right now:

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
boy even the poster asks my very first question right there at the bottom

WhoIsHostingThis?

and i guess the close second is who is giving out connection devices in countries without reliable electricity sources

Thesoro
Dec 6, 2005

YOU CANNOT LEARN
TO WHISTLE
hm yes a zillion tiny satellites flying at a bunch of different orbital heights and no means for orbital adjustment, there's no way this could be bad

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY
i dont think $100k even buys you a rad-hardened CPU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

coffeetable posted:

i dont think $100k even buys you a rad-hardened CPU

well the pilot project doesn't really require that, they're just dropping a pallet full of wireless routers off an airplane

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
test engineers spread out over the drop site, each furiously refreshing the wifi panel to see if it gets a signal

Thesoro
Dec 6, 2005

YOU CANNOT LEARN
TO WHISTLE
design engineers confirm it worked in kerbal space program

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR

vOv posted:

it's not a kickstarter but this is the top post on the 'futurology' reddit right now:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Thesoro posted:

design engineers confirm it worked in kerbal space program

• Locked thread