Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Wow. I just had an intense battle with a Passerby. This one I'm actually rather proud of!

68UG-WWWW-WWW8-EF7P

When he Taunted my Skarmory, I just thought "Oh, poo poo, someone who knows what he's doing! I'm going to lose!" Managed to pull it off. Fun battle! We spammed "Nice" and O-Powers at each other afterwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
The whole "your own custom gym" takes secret bases from alright to oh my god I can't wait.
Know what else I want back? Friggin GEMS. So I could start rocking Flying Gem Acrobatics again on absolutely every mon that can learn it.

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR

Diet Poison posted:

Friggin GEMS.

Sounds like something that would be more suited for digging up in the Underground of the inevitably-upcoming Sinnoh remakes. Unfortunately.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Steven was a rock expert, so I could totally see them bringing in gems as something he's researching.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Suddenly I give a poo poo about Secret Bases.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Secret bases matter poo poo just like Amie added loving nothing, now an official simulator would be the real deal.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

qnqnx posted:

Secret bases matter poo poo just like Amie added loving nothing, now an official simulator would be the real deal.

Amie added plenty. Head It was fun.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
My definition of fun is objectively better than yours.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Head It was fun, though. So was Super Training. And I liked Tile Puzzles.

Berry Picker was rear end though.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

alcharagia posted:

Suddenly I give a poo poo about Secret Bases.

I still don't care about the base part but using it to make pseudo gym leaders and maybe grind with (please let those NPC trainers grant experience and be infinitely battleable) is pretty cool.

You just know some crazy person will personally train up six level 100 Blisseys and that'll be great.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

alcharagia posted:

Amie added plenty. Head It was fun.

Tamagotchis were bad and they still are, no matter what form they take. Thankfully the only mon that requires amie sucks poo poo and is part of a family that sucks poo poo as well.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

qnqnx posted:

Tamagotchis were bad and they still are, no matter what form they take. Thankfully the only mon that requires amie sucks poo poo and is part of a family that sucks poo poo as well.

Cernunnos posted:

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

qnqnx posted:

Look at all these bad opinions. Well, except for the thing about the Tamagatchi.

I really just want to have as many of the secret base locations filled with a mini-gym. I just want to be screwing around, and then suddenly find a gym to tackle.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

qnqnx posted:

Did you know that you can actually battle on the game you bought and not just in simulators on the internet?

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Ometeotl posted:

Did you know that you can actually battle on the game you bought and not just in simulators on the internet?

Simulators do the battling better, thats out of the question.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

The trick is, amie is not fun, breedung is not fun, grinding is not fun at all unless youre a mental defective.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

qnqnx posted:

The trick is, amie is not fun, breedung is not fun, grinding is not fun at all unless youre a mental defective.

Cernunnos posted:

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I want to crossdress in both directions. Failing that, let me stare down Groudon in my pajamas.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Level Slide posted:

I want to crossdress in both directions. Failing that, let me stare down Groudon in my pajamas.

I want to wear every hat at once.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I want to wear one of my Pokemon on my head as a makeshift hat.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Actually, mine is unironically better.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Level Slide posted:

Pokemon/Red Dead Redemption cross over. Make your own hats.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Level Slide posted:

You know, we are talking about the generation where Swablu was introduced. :3:

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Level Slide posted:

StandardVC10 posted:

Wailord.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

qnqnx posted:

So what you're saying is people with mental problems have more fun than you?

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

JordanKai posted:

So what you're saying is people with mental problems have more fun than you?

I value not being retarded more than having fun, thank you.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

qnqnx posted:

You need to get your priorities in order then

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

qnqnx posted:

I'm sorry you look down on the mentally disabled so much, man. :smith:

Secret bases look hella good, though. I hope they add sharps and flats to the note pillows this time so I can compose entire symphonies by walking around in my base.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

StandardVC10 posted:

How about a Lotad hat, and then putting something else on Lotad?

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
If you bring a Pokemon up from a Gen 3 R/S/E cart to Gen 4, then transfer to Gen 5 before banking it to Gen 6 and putting it on the remakes of R/S, does that cause a paradox?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

How about a Lotad hat, and then putting something else on Lotad?
You wear just a regular sombrero, but underneath the sombrero is a Ludicolo.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

qnqnx posted:

I can agree with Amie but you leave Secret bases right the gently caress out of this

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Pokemon battles are the worst thing about Pokemon to be honest. Turn based RPGs are boring and not fun at all. We need more features like Pokemon-amie, not less.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

LEGO Genetics posted:

If you bring a Pokemon up from a Gen 3 R/S/E cart to Gen 4, then transfer to Gen 5 before banking it to Gen 6 and putting it on the remakes of R/S, does that cause a paradox?

Only if you name your character the same thing. Then the entire game explodes on itself.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

mabels big day posted:

I can agree with Amie but you leave Secret bases right the gently caress out of this

You know which other "features" were completely useless and I'm glad they're gone? Contests, musicals and following pokemon.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

qnqnx posted:

You know which other "features" were completely useless and I'm glad they're gone? Contests, musicals and following pokemon.

Cernunnos posted:

Also :frogout:

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

qnqnx posted:

following pokemon.

Next thing you'll be telling me you didn't enjoy putting your pokemon in bows and silly hats.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

What's the matter, don't like being reminded that you like glorified tamagotchis and your taste is crap?

Big_Daddy_Fabio
Oct 26, 2010

LEGO Genetics posted:

Nah, but they will probably say they're from Hoenn, without mentioning the Route number.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Big_Daddy_Fabio posted:

Nah, but they will probably say they're from Hoenn, without mentioning the Route number.

I'm pretty sure the game even discards the exact location info when transferring up a generation, for some dumb reason, so yeah, most likely.

• Locked thread