Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Vincent posted:

I have this problem called living in the third world that makes it a bit hard to find albums of certain bands :(

drat dude, move out of Newark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Alternatively we could have a game starring Cloe.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The other night I pre-purchased my ticket to see the Rifftrax Live event on Thursday. I'll probably see Apes at some point too. But gently caress y'all who think the Rifftrax events aren't fun. I've been to several of those and every one of them has been a blast. Plus I've never seen Sharknado (I guess I was waiting for an event like this to happen so I held off on watching it), so that'll be interesting. I think they finally ran out of Norman shorts (the series of shorts they've played before several of the Live events), so that's kind of a bummer because those were hilarious, but I'm sure they can find another absurd short to play beforehand.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

The other night I pre-purchased my ticket to see the Rifftrax Live event on Thursday. I'll probably see Apes at some point too. But gently caress y'all who think the Rifftrax events aren't fun. I've been to several of those and every one of them has been a blast.

You have horrible taste though.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I don't see how Sharknado would be interesting as the film was made to be bad, but was still actually bad. But mostly in a cynical dull way. What can they really say about it?

Not much, I'd wager.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The RiffTrax Live event for Birdemic was loving hilarious, so I have faith that this one will be too.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Birdemic is a incompetently made film by a person who didn't know what he was doing. Everyone knew the movie they were making with Sharknado. Which for me, makes any of the jokes relating to the film less funny. Who knows though. Maybe they'll use that as an angle for their comedy.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
Honestly "Rifftrax" is one of the worst words coined by humanity. It's the exact word the least cool person alive could come up with and consider acceptable. It just looks awkwardly smug. You can see the spittle around it.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
Guess who might be behind the camera for True Detective season 2?

:getin:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Oh poo poo!

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Dooooooooope

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

For some reason before I clicked I thought you meant Michael Bay.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Fuuuuuuuck dude, I just rewatched Killer Joe last week. That is such cool news.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

:bowjerk:

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

OH HELL YEAH.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

I hope Cohle comes back for the final episode out of nowhere and bashes the bad guy's face in with canned pumpkin.

I don't really.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

I guess I should watch season one at some point.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Haha, you were the first person I thought of when I read that story.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Alhazred posted:

Alternatively we could have a game starring Cloe.

Would playing as a grown-up Ellie in The Last of Us 2 work? Because that'll probably be the way it goes, if/when they make that.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Magic Hate Ball posted:

I guess I should watch season one at some point.
Umm YEAH. It's only 8 episodes. You can get through it all in a weekend or less. And it's amazing television. Why wouldn't you?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Criminal Minded posted:

Haha, you were the first person I thought of when I read that story.

I don't know what he'd do, but it'd sure be something.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Umm YEAH. It's only 8 episodes. You can get through it all in a weekend or less. And it's amazing television. Why wouldn't you?

Eh, I dunno, someone sell me on it.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Magic Hate Ball posted:

It's pretty gorgeous and has some good performances. Plot is ultimately a little shallow but it's still a fun ride.

I'm probably being wooshed

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Magic Hate Ball posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_HuFuKiq8U

CloseFriend
Aug 21, 2002

Un malheur ne vient jamais seul.

Magic Hate Ball posted:

I just watched the first episode for the first time yesterday and I already can't get on with my life until I watch the rest. The acting is amazing. McConaughey in particular plays completely against type and it's a stunning sight. Also, it's got purty visuals that have a lot of thought put into them.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Magic Hate Ball posted:

It made TVIV mad

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Louisiana looks really nice, good detective banter, got some horror-y poo poo in it.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Magic Hate Ball posted:

If it wasn't for Fargo I would say that it was the best TV of the year.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Slice of life: after my first trip to the dentist in years, I've learned I need two wisdom teeth removed, multiple root canals, and a few cavities too.

Go to the dentist regularly, people. Don't be a goddamned idiot like I am.

Coffee And Pie fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jul 9, 2014

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Magic Hate Ball posted:

I'm gonna go ahead and be the rear end in a top hat in the room who calls it the best dramatic television serial of all time.

I would loving die.

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.

Coffee And Pie posted:

Slice of life: after my first trip to the dentist in years, I've learned I need two wisdom teeth removed, multiple root canals, and a few cavities too.

He told you that you need a few cavities? Sounds like a scam.

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

It is a while still till Sunrise - and in the daytime I sleep, my dear fellow, I sleep the very deepest of sleeps...
If I don't watch True Detective am I behind on the cultural conversation? Because I only just watched Breaking Bad.

Dr. Puppykicker
Oct 16, 2012

Meanwhile

The trouble with this isn't that they're doing a movie that's really good, but that they're doing one that's already extremely funny. I can't imagine that could bring anything to the table funnier than "Captain Renault must be getting broad minded" or Bogart's response to Lorre asking if he despises him. You might as well riff on Duck Soup for god's sake.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The problem I have is that if they're talking over a good movie, I just zone out their voices and try to watch the movie.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Coffee And Pie posted:

Yeah, me too. I waited like eleven years I think.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Dr. Puppykicker posted:

The trouble with this isn't that they're doing a movie that's really good, but that they're doing one that's already extremely funny. I can't imagine that could bring anything to the table funnier than "Captain Renault must be getting broad minded" or Bogart's response to Lorre asking if he despises him. You might as well riff on Duck Soup for god's sake.

Irony:

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Yeah, me too. I waited like eleven years I think.

I haven't had a cavity in 29 years of teeth, but it's been four or five years for me. I can already tell I'm boned.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

The other night I pre-purchased my ticket to see the Rifftrax Live event on Thursday. I'll probably see Apes at some point too. But gently caress y'all who think the Rifftrax events aren't fun. I've been to several of those and every one of them has been a blast. Plus I've never seen Sharknado (I guess I was waiting for an event like this to happen so I held off on watching it), so that'll be interesting. I think they finally ran out of Norman shorts (the series of shorts they've played before several of the Live events), so that's kind of a bummer because those were hilarious, but I'm sure they can find another absurd short to play beforehand.

Sharknado is assuredly garbage that tries to accomplish by design what other movies accomplished via heart and honest incompetence. gently caress Dharknado and gently caress the people who keep buying that shot and make people think it's good. gently caress

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Coffee And Pie posted:

Yeah this. I once went a long time without a visit and needed a root canal and a few fillings. Sounds like you have it worse though.

If it makes you feel better, I know a guy who was quoted $20k to get his teeth repaired.

Dr. Puppykicker
Oct 16, 2012

Meanwhile

Obligatory anecdote: When Warner Bros. threatened a lawsuit over the title containing the word Casablanca, Groucho responded with a letter saying he'd countersue because "professionally, we were brothers before you were".

That story is funnier than anything in A Night in Casablanca.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

feedmyleg posted:

The problem I have is that if they're talking over a good movie, I just zone out their voices and try to watch the movie.

I would like it more if instead of them talking over it, it was just Bill Corbet talking about the movie, 'cause apparently the man knows a lot about old cinema.

Edit: Wait, I think I have him confused with Frank Conniff.

Vincent fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jul 9, 2014

• Locked thread