Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
If you can't enjoy the scenes with RZA and Sting the wrestler, idk man

They also have a bigger role in that weird rear end pilot filmed in front of a live audience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

I think the one from a few weeks ago where they make fun of John Cochran + his bone mom might be my favorite. I've listed to it like 6 times since it came out

The brian huskey one with the kid pope script read is the best one still.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Not having access to the DVD's right now but I can't remember if they said on a commentary that kind of having the entire UCB through plot through episodes was a network note or their idea. I think it was actually a network note. By season 3 they kind of ditched the "we're people who go undercover/disguise to gently caress up humanity" right?

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Hey, Spiderman? Turn off the dark!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Hey, Spiderman? Turn off the dark!

Hey, Spidey - do me a fuckin' favor.

Turn off the dark.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

It's good. It's funky.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

So I've only listened to maybe 3 U Talkin' U2 To Me episodes - the pilot, the Todd Glass ep and the finale - but my god some of it really knocked me on my rear end. The whole game where they're getting Todd to guess which song is from U2 is gold.

"This is them! This is them!"

"Nah...maybe..."

*Where everybooooody knows your naaaaaame*

Might be the best moment in podcasting history.

Also that whole avalanche of sub-podcasts in the finale floored me, it's like a solid half hour of insanity. "What's your deductible bro?"

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I love how later Scott defended himself by saying that those songs WEREN'T off his playlist, but that he was getting them from iTunes.

Which we all know is a lie, his favorite song ever is Batdance.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

It's like people only do things because they get paid, and that's just really sad
I thought it was funny they mocked themselves as gonzo journalists but I think it's true in a respectable way.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Groucho Marxist posted:

They also have a bigger role in that weird rear end pilot filmed in front of a live audience

I watched the pilot, and was so happy they decided to go with single-camera, no laughtrack. Comedy just seems more confident that way. I love Mr. Show, but it's painful to watch their best bits die in front of a bored audience.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I love the Cards Against Humanity ad at the start of the latest Hollywood Handbook but this is probably why their show barely gets any ads

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
That ad got plenty of POINTS! in my book

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

I love the Cards Against Humanity ad at the start of the latest Hollywood Handbook but this is probably why their show barely gets any ads

I know right? And I'm pretty sure they didn't pronounce Bark Box correctly once during that company's entire ad. I love Sean and Hayes and Jeff (you still reading these forums with your new downtime?), but they should seriously give back the money spent for that. That's messed up.

Harris and Armen just released their directorial short film debut. The video is embedded in this interview: http://splitsider.com/2014/07/harris-wittels-and-armen-weitzman-on-making-their-directorial-debut-with-the-short-the-badgers-promise/

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
I loving love random s*it so Cards Against Humanity is perfect for me. Thanks, Hollywood Handbook!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Help Im Alive posted:

Maybe if they'd bother to write some ad copy then this wouldn't have happened!! Really though, the reason it doesn't get any ads because of its minute listenership. I'd be amazed if the marketing department of whatever dumb thing listens through trying to detect irony.

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jul 2, 2014

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
PFT threw some equal shade Cards Against Humanity's way in the season finale of U Talkin U2 to Me, just not as long. "Just get together with your friends and see how FUNNY you all are."

The 47 Reagans
Mar 14, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

By contrast, when the Sklar Brothers had the Cards Against Humanity ads they did the exact inverse, i.e. just throw in 30 seconds about how cool the game is and how they love playing it.

Now they're doing ads for low-t medicine and snake oil-ish anti-hangover supplements, because apparently that's who buys ad time for sports related satellite radio and Internet audio content.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
If only H. R. Giger had listened to sports radio :(

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Free your cellphone with TING!

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
I4H Best Of Volume 5 is terrific, obviously. Ending with the Atlantis scene then Eric the Intern nervously describing The Blacklist is pretty much as funny as it's possible for anything to be.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

GraPar posted:

I4H Best Of Volume 5 is terrific, obviously. Ending with the Atlantis scene then Eric the Intern nervously describing The Blacklist is pretty much as funny as it's possible for anything to be.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe-V-ztn_5s&t=2891s Obligatory post of the video from the rainbow party bit.

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

Zsinjeh posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe-V-ztn_5s&t=2891s Obligatory post of the video from the rainbow party bit.

Woah, look at the comments on that page. At like 6 months on, there is just a flood of white supremacist propaganda with crazy up votes and circle jerk replies about how "diversity is anti-white genocide", complete with a weird stilted probably sockpuppeted conversation between people with white rabbit avatars. It's surreal.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

"When you build a house, what's the most important part?"
"The fou-uu-n-dation!"
"You know it! What's the least important part?"
"THE ROOF~!!"

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

soggybagel posted:

Not having access to the DVD's right now but I can't remember if they said on a commentary that kind of having the entire UCB through plot through episodes was a network note or their idea. I think it was actually a network note. By season 3 they kind of ditched the "we're people who go undercover/disguise to gently caress up humanity" right?

Yea by the end it would only use the UCB team in scene transitions, like showing them watching on a monitor or something.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Bonus I4H: The Nasty Hits. This should be a good one.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011

Dark Weasel posted:

"When you build a house, what's the most important part?"
"The fou-uu-n-dation!"
"You know it! What's the least important part?"
"THE ROOF~!!"

This is from UTU2TM, right? Which episode is it?

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

GraPar posted:

This is from UTU2TM, right? Which episode is it?

The one with Harris Wittels. (I think, I just know it was him saying that)

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
Pretty sure it's from the final episode.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

mennoknight posted:

Pretty sure it's from the final episode.

"Latest episode", please. There's going to be more. There have to be more.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
Alright, you Hollywood Handbook fuckers finally got me. Aubrey Plaza is on the latest episode so I had to listen, and while I still dislike the premise of the show, the hosts do some interesting poo poo with it and are really funny. If all the guests are as game to play along as Aubrey was (and if my tolerance for the gimmick doesn't eventually run out), I could see making it through the back log and sticking with the new episode until the bitter end that's probably headed its way. May my desperation for regularly updating podcasts and the strength of the great episode I just listened to carry me through.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I've never seen someone so grumpy about being turned on to a podcast they, at the very least, enjoyed slightly.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
It's sometimes funnier when the guest doesn't play along at all (See: Andy Daly's initial reaction to the Popcorn Gallery sound effects.)

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

I didn't think Aubrey sounded particularly eager to play their game, but I appreciated that they kept pelting her with a barrage of ridiculous questions anyway.

"You brought up the 'Stand Your Ground' law. How do you feel about George Zimmerman?"

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Being grumpy is pretty much her entire comedic persona so it's actually difficult to tell when she's playing along or not. I liked it though.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

one of the best Hollywood Handbooks is for sure the Zach Gilford ep. Also the Joe Wengert ep, I bought the pro version.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I can't think of any bad HH episodes, it's probably my favourite podcast that isn't the Andy Daly Podcast Pilot thing. If I was trying to get someone into it I'd probably recommend the Lamorne Morris/Brian Huskey/BJ Novak episodes.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Oh the Adam Pally ep where he gets openly antagonistic with them is terrific too. Partially because I know that Adam Pally loves antagonistic improv and partly because Sean and Hayes fumbling is hilarious.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Help Im Alive posted:

I can't think of any bad HH episodes, it's probably my favourite podcast that isn't the Andy Daly Podcast Pilot thing. If I was trying to get someone into it I'd probably recommend the Lamorne Morris/Brian Huskey/BJ Novak episodes.

My favorites are Adam Pally, PFT, or the amazing Brian Huskey, agreed, or anyone from Workofholics.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Politicalrancor posted:

Oh the Adam Pally ep where he gets openly antagonistic with them is terrific too. Partially because I know that Adam Pally loves antagonistic improv and partly because Sean and Hayes fumbling is hilarious.
Guys....what is this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I thought the Anders Holm one was the quintessential HH episode as far as guests playing along goes. BJ Novak and Dave Thomas ones were great too.