Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I fell asleep at 60th minute, did I miss anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
im not watching this, someonme pm me if anyone scores thanks

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Frankston posted:

I hope that Messi misses his penalty

me three

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
kind of a shame that a team has to win this game, really

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Holland are "hiding in the annex" trying to avoid the germans

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

real talk, if they get to penalty kicks dutch goalie will win this match

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

regulargonzalez posted:

To follow up on the football analogy, here is a modest proposal that I think would be more interesting. Should probably go in the newbie thread but in the interest of continuing the discussion here, I'll leave it. Especially since nothing is going on in the game.

So, each team gets a turn on offense. They start with the ball at midfield, if ball goes back across it, it's reset at midfield again with the offense having control. Defense plays a man down. Offense has 5 minutes to score as much as they can. Repeat with teams switching offense / defense roles. If tied after this first round, repeat but this time the defense plays 2 men down (or 3 if it goes into a third, etc).

:getout:

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

regulargonzalez posted:

To follow up on the football analogy, here is a modest proposal that I think would be more interesting. Should probably go in the newbie thread but in the interest of continuing the discussion here, I'll leave it. Especially since nothing is going on in the game.

So, each team gets a turn on offense. They start with the ball at midfield, if ball goes back across it, it's reset at midfield again with the offense having control. Defense plays a man down. Offense has 5 minutes to score as much as they can. Repeat with teams switching offense / defense roles. If tied after this first round, repeat but this time the defense plays 2 men down (or 3 if it goes into a third, etc).

IMO, soccer's a bit too fluid to allow for that sort of thing, though.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

regulargonzalez posted:

no shut up stop suggesting rule changes for sports you know nothing about

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Blow up the stadium and kill them all along with Andy Townsend thx

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Pissflaps posted:

Want to go to bed

sneaky double rum and coke?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Sandwolf posted:

I fell asleep at 60th minute, did I miss anything?

No

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Volkerball posted:

remember when the netherlands beat spain 5-1. lol
Happy days

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

stupid dutch oval office

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

regulargonzalez posted:

'MURICAH

TurricaN
Feb 11, 2003
ROBBEN :sotw:

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

regulargonzalez posted:

this is a horrible idea

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Hegay posted:

stupid dutch oval office

but enough about oliwan haha

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

regulargonzalez posted:

post this in the weekend web thread

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Man of the Masch

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

ephex posted:

I'm afraid not no

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Hegay posted:

but enough about oliwan haha

hes swiss!!

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

regulargonzalez posted:

Epic

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

my proposal is that each team gets a bat and they have to swing at

each other

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

belgend posted:

murder both the dutch and the argies and let belgium-costa rica decide the second finalist

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

regulargonzalez posted:

Get a job loser, get a wine cooler and maybe start voting republican as well idiot, god drat you're an disappointment

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Boo

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Holdup, the dude who had emergency on-the-field dental surgery wasn't taken out of the game and is still playing with a busted mouth?? Man this game can get brutal...

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
*in the dmx voice*

First we gonna X, then we gonna O
Then we let him shoot, DONT LET IT GO
pens gon' give it to ya
postin gon' give it to ya
pens gon' give it to ya
postin gon' give it to ya

quiet enjoyment
May 11, 2009
if i was drunk i would be so mad at this game but i'm not so i'm just really bored

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

im 4 beers deep and only wearng green briefs what could it mean

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Robben's touch has been awful today.

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde
A THING ALMOST

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
my suggestion to improve the sport of football is we don't let americans watch it, ever

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

One minute gently caress off

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Flip

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Zabaleta was down for like 3 minutes what the gently caress

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
proposal- if both teams can't score a single goal within 120 minutes fire them both into the sun

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

ephex posted:

only Hartzer do this disgrace to rum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
gently caress Holland, gently caress the ref, gently caress Argentina, gently caress Messi, gently caress everything.

:bang:

• Locked thread