Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

wyoak posted:

why's that though
i mean that match kinda sucked so more of it wouldn't have been a great thing but penalties are still pretty lame

your alternative is perpetual golden goal lol, take it to the newbie thread or pm's or something. If you are serious and cant figure out why its a dumb idea then you shouldnt be offering advice on how to fix the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing

Frijolero posted:

Who was that dutch fan who bitched about robben getting picked on?

Your poo poo garbagemen did that to Messi for 120 minutes. gently caress you and your dirty loving team

Jeez, get over it already.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Hegay posted:

Anyone gonna do some PC brogaming after this insane match?

I am on my treadmill right now (3mph), firing up animal crossing on my 3ds

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
the most interesting thing from all this will be watching the brazilian crowd cheering for the team that violently cut their dick into 7 pieces and scattered them across the world to be protected by dark ancients

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde

ephex posted:

Post your friend code and we can get some multiplayer action going on.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Let's make it like baseball so that the teams play until they can't play anymore and someone scores. No extra subs, just hours upon hours of people eventually passing out from exhaustion.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

wyoak posted:

it kills matches because teams know penalties are looming

this is not why it kills matches, it kills matches because teams would rather try to not lose than try to win when they know one mistake will immediately end the game with no chance to equalize

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh gently caress off with nigeria and golden balls, youre detracting from the dutch being bald gay babies

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

Smirr posted:

just further evidence that the dutch are the english of the continent (bad beer & food, unaesthetic headshapes & teeth, horrible penalty taking)

actually the netherlands is much nicer than monster island, nice try tho

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
That was trash. What a loving boring match.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

ephex posted:

I thought Germans were superior and used the metric system

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

they scammed ghana out of their bonuses

lol

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Soulex posted:

I thought Germans were superior and used the metric system

I did lol

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
also it's completely unfeasible to have teams play forever in a knockout competition with like three days between matches unless you want to see germany just score 88 goals past a bunch of corpses in the final because they only had to play 90 minutes of football while it took 420 minutes before messi finally just shot from halfway and it bounced in off cillesen's rear end

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

ephex posted:

I did lol

Nice save. Neuer-like.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

ArfJason posted:

the most interesting thing from all this will be watching the brazilian crowd cheering for the team that violently cut their dick into 7 pieces and scattered them across the world to be protected by dark ancients

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Pan Ache posted:

actually the netherlands is much nicer than monster island, nice try tho

i've actually never been to the netherland, sorry if i hit a nerve

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

ArfJason posted:

I want Messi to win the world cup in brazil, it's the best end to the best tournament (unless you're german or brazilian obv but who cares about them)

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

I'd like to thank Dirk Pitt for keeping the thread updated during PKs with Xs and Os

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

stickyfngrdboy posted:

I want Messi to win the world cup in brazil, it's the best end to the best tournament (unless you're german or brazilian obv but who cares about them)

itd be cool cause itd mean messi finally did something of consequence at this world cup

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

vyelkin posted:

also it's completely unfeasible to have teams play forever in a knockout competition with like three days between matches unless you want to see germany just score 88 goals past a bunch of corpses in the final because they only had to play 90 minutes of football while it took 420 minutes before messi finally just shot from halfway and it bounced in off cillesen's rear end

This sounds pretty good though?

I would like to see perpetual golden goal and then give players increasingly strong electric shocks if they stop moving for too long.

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

African AIDS cum posted:

They are probably wearing sombreros and beating the poo poo out of piñatas in whatever city is the capital of argentina right now

they suck on big beef dicks actually and dance around to crazy cowboy music

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

vyelkin posted:

this is not why it kills matches, it kills matches because teams would rather try to not lose than try to win when they know one mistake will immediately end the game with no chance to equalize
well that's the assumption, i'm saying maybe that assumption is wrong. if the only way to win is to score the dynamic of the game changes and maybe most extra time games end quicker than they do now. injury/fatigue is a obviously a concern though.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

pixelpusherbot posted:

Also, like Cruyff used to say: Every benefit has its downside. Cellissen was destroyed before even taking penalties. He was close too. twice... he will never stop a penalty in his life again. Kind of a dick move by Van Gaal in retrospect to put this penalty series there.

As seen by everyone Cellissen is loving terrible at penalties and should have been replaced by an outfield player (Vlaar).

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

stickyfngrdboy posted:

I'd like to see some old-fashioned scoring in the final where both sides vow to wash away the poo poo final that was 1990, come what may. You may call me a dreamer....

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

FiftySeven posted:

Post your friend code and we can get some multiplayer action going on.

8869-9001-4205

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

like watching the most beautiful ballerina on the best stage

wyoak posted:

well that's the assumption, i'm saying maybe that assumption is wrong. if the only way to win is to score the dynamic of the game changes and maybe most extra time games end quicker than they do now. injury/fatigue is a obviously a concern though.

Golden goal has been tried, and they stopped doing them because of what vyelkin said. Golden goal sucks.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

ArfJason posted:

itd be cool cause itd mean messi finally did something of consequence at this world cup

yeah he's not been brilliant every game, but he was amazing against the belge. i still love the guy

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

wyoak posted:

How about you shut it now?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

is di maria available for sunday?

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

Smirr posted:

i've actually never been to the netherland, sorry if i hit a nerve

amusingly i had a vacay in england and then the netherlands right after, it was like walking from perpetual darkness into the light, cheers

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Abel Wingnut posted:

is di maria available for sunday?

Yes sir, he's available this sunday at £100 a hour

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde

ephex posted:

8869-9001-4205

Oh my...

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Teron D Amun posted:

I'd like to thank Dirk Pitt for keeping the thread updated during PKs with Xs and Os

You are all welcome. I'd hate for goons without television to not know what was happening.

pixelpusherbot
Jun 3, 2009
At first I was a little disappointed.

And then I realized, I am only a _little_ disappointed.

And so I am happy we didn't get to lose against Germany and have our souls forever crushed.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
This thread 63 pages, yesterday's thread 120.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Enigma89 posted:

There were no goals, op :smith: just a waste of two hours

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Enigma89 posted:

It's really pointless to compare these two games in any meaningful way.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Are dutchies crashing out on penalties as funny as England yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crayfish
May 7, 2009
I would like Germany to win in the final please

• Locked thread