Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Gen V had a message saying they traveled through time, so I imagine there'll be a nice little nod to that at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

qnqnx posted:

What's the matter, don't like being reminded that you like glorified tamagotchis and your taste is crap?

Who's your favorite Pokemon? Mine's Magcargo

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Wait what's not to like about following pokemon?

Voltin Bolt
Oct 17, 2004

IT DOES NOT FIX
I like monster RPGs because I like catching and keeping weird animals to be my friends. Anything that brings Pokémon closer to the virtual pet ideal is loving rad.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

alcharagia posted:

Head It was fun, though. So was Super Training. And I liked Tile Puzzles.

Berry Picker was rear end though.

Berry Picker unlimited is the only game that I can get the super fancy cupcakes from.

I think my record is 153 berries.

I used to be terrible at Head It, but I got better.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

qnqnx posted:

You know which other "features" were completely useless and I'm glad they're gone? Contests, musicals and following pokemon.

Okay, now I know you're trolling. Contests rocked, secret bases were rad, and following Pokemon is objectively unhateable (musicals sucked, though).

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

qnqnx posted:

You know which other "features" were completely useless and I'm glad they're gone? Contests, musicals and following pokemon.

No one liked musicals. That's why they're thrown in a corner in BW 2. But Contests are coming back hard.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Main Paineframe posted:

Okay, now I know you're trolling. Contests rocked, secret bases were rad, and following Pokemon is objectively unhateable (musicals sucked, though).

Rudoku posted:

No one liked musicals. That's why they're thrown in a corner in BW 2. But Contests are coming back hard.

Anything that is not actually battling is irrelevant, and having sentimental feelings for a piece of code and a graphic is retarded.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

qnqnx posted:

Anything that is not actually battling is irrelevant, and having sentimental feelings for a piece of code and a graphic is retarded.

:frogout:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

qnqnx posted:

The battle facilities in Emerald were pretty cool and I hope they expand on those. :unsmith:

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

qnqnx posted:

Man I don't even post in this thread, but shut up and :getout:.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

qnqnx posted:

Who is.

Your favorite.

Pokemon.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Voltin Bolt posted:

I like monster RPGs because I like catching and keeping weird animals to be my friends. Anything that brings Pokémon closer to the virtual pet ideal is loving rad.

Yeah, this. Much as I loved Pokemon-amie I will admit that it was a bit lacking in features, but that's to be expected when they had to spend a ton of time animating over 700 different creatures. I want them to keep adding to it and expanding it so that it becomes a really important feature of the franchise.

Honestly at this point the only reason I keep coming back to the series is because of the Pokemon themselves. Battling in game is mostly just really boring, choose your strongest attack and knock out your opponents in one hit, unless they have Sturdy in which case goddammmit now i have to waste another pp on this idiot. Competitively battling is more interesting, but it quickly just becomes about exploiting the mechanics of the game making sure your numbers are in the right places. I don't blame competitive players for doing that, and if they enjoy it then more power to them, but I really think the series needs to go in a new direction to make the core gameplay interesting.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Competitive battling is just one aspect of Pokemon, and it's not as well-supported as it would be in a game solely focused on that kind of play.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Dammit I just found out there's a Poke Ball pattern Vivillon. And here I thought I was going to have all the patterns. :negative:

I hope they release it in another event because the thought of there being a Vivillon pattern I don't have irritates me.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Man I don't even post in this thread, but shut up and :getout:.

You guys are in dire need of a reality check and I'm here to provide it.

Voltin Bolt
Oct 17, 2004

IT DOES NOT FIX

Twelve by Pies posted:

Dammit I just found out there's a Poke Ball pattern Vivillon. And here I thought I was going to have all the patterns. :negative:

I hope they release it in another event because the thought of there being a Vivillon pattern I don't have irritates me.
They're gonna reopen a Pokémon Center in America soon, I'll bet they give out Poké Ball Vivillon there.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

qnqnx posted:

You guys are in dire need of a reality check and I'm here to provide it.

Favorite. Pokemon.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Twelve by Pies posted:

Sup Vivillon bro. :sympathy:

I'm hoping for the Pokeball distribution to spread too -- I've almost snagged one on the GTS a couple times but they either A) go instantly or B) are up for trade seeking untradeable stuff. Lame.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

alcharagia posted:

Favorite. Pokemon.

I've always been very fond of Heracross but lately I've been thinking that I might like Whimsicott more.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

JordanKai posted:

I've always been very fond of Heracross but lately I've been thinking that I might like Whimsicott more.

Rad! I like both of those Pokemon. Heracross is cool as poo poo (except his Mega which is dumb) and Whimsicott is cute. I enjoy both.

My favorite Pokemon is Magcargo because he is a cute lava snail, so even though he is terrible he was on my endgame team in Soul Silver and took Lance's team to the cleaners, because he's my snail buddy. :3:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

alcharagia posted:

Rad! I like both of those Pokemon. Heracross is cool as poo poo (except his Mega which is dumb) and Whimsicott is cute. I enjoy both.

My favorite Pokemon is Magcargo because he is a cute lava snail, so even though he is terrible he was on my endgame team in Soul Silver and took Lance's team to the cleaners, because he's my snail buddy. :3:

If only you could pet Magcargo in Pokémon Amie. :smith:

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie

alcharagia posted:

I want to like Magcargo. I like the design but why are its stats poo poo :saddowns: I just want to use you on an actual team buddy, even running through Colosseum with it is painful

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Reoxygenation posted:

I want to like Magcargo. I like the design but why are its stats poo poo :saddowns: I just want to use you on an actual team buddy, even running through Colosseum with it is painful

Man this is exactly how I feel. Magcargo. Magcargooooo :saddowns:

You know what would kick rear end? Mega Magcargo. Yeah.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Ditto, Scizor, Spiritomb, Golurk, Scrafty, TaranteslaGalvantula Aegislash, I can't choose just one.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Voltin Bolt posted:

They're gonna reopen a Pokémon Center in America soon, I'll bet they give out Poké Ball Vivillon there.

Well if they do hopefully some of the people who head out there will be kind enough to spread them around. It's a bit frustrating that you can't breed up a particular pattern if you have one.

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Sup Vivillon bro. :sympathy:

I'm hoping for the Pokeball distribution to spread too -- I've almost snagged one on the GTS a couple times but they either A) go instantly or B) are up for trade seeking untradeable stuff. Lame.

I haven't seen one yet, maybe I just need to obsessively check the GTS from here on out.

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR

Voltin Bolt posted:

As far as I know they're just reopening the Pokemon Center online store in North America? Unless you mean the Nintendo World in New York City, which used to be explicitly a Pokemon Center until it got converted a number of years ago.

My favorite is one of Mew, Suicune, Zekrom, Leafeon, Swirlix, Giratina, Latias, Nidoqueen, or Tangela, but I can't narrow it down any further...

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

alcharagia posted:

Man this is exactly how I feel. Magcargo. Magcargooooo :saddowns:

You know what would kick rear end? Mega Magcargo. Yeah.

Magcargo's one of the few Fire types I actually like, a Mega would rock so much. Make it a cone snail, give it Poison/Fire type and Levitate... Not going to happen.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

alcharagia posted:

Favorite. Pokemon.

Mudkip, Larvitar, Xatu (please give it a Mega), Breloom, Chandelure, Scizor, Hariyama in roughly that order.

My shiny Swampert is going to look so ballin'.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Entrain-a-Archeops is just poo poo. Can't stay alive to use the Moxie boost fuckin two times outta ten.
Haven't really had much luck with Entrain-a-Garchomp either. You really gotta get at least one kill first turn with earthquake, in addition to your own Pyroar, or else it's two on one and Chompy's dead. I wonder how many times that strategy failed before that guy got the video of him wrecking poo poo so beautifully.

edit: hahaha which one of your geniuses wasted 10bux on quhzx's new avatar? I love it.

Diet Poison fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jul 10, 2014

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag

alcharagia posted:

Favorite. Pokemon.

Inkay, Magnezone, Ralts, Dragonite and Gothitelle in no particular order.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

qnqnx posted:

I understand your sentiment, and it is a fair one, but, I do have feelings toward the pieces of codes and graphics. I love them.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Twelve by Pies posted:

Well if they do hopefully some of the people who head out there will be kind enough to spread them around. It's a bit frustrating that you can't breed up a particular pattern if you have one.

I haven't seen one yet, maybe I just need to obsessively check the GTS from here on out.

Recently over at the trade thread MisterAlex somehow grabbed a good amount of Pokeball Vivillon and was giving them out. I think he still has some.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
When I saw the around sixty new posts in here I thought you guys were probably talking about Smogon now limiting Baton Pass to one user per team.

Stalgren
Mar 22, 2006

Charizard Go!

sharrrk posted:

Pokemon battles are the worst thing about Pokemon to be honest. Turn based RPGs are boring and not fun at all. We need more features like Pokemon-amie, not less.

Yeah agreed.

Just give me my spinoff pokemon virtual pet game!

qnqnx posted:

Pretty sure this guy is trolling, he is fitting the competitive sperglord stereotype TOO perfectly.

Stalgren fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jul 10, 2014

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Cerony posted:

When I saw the around sixty new posts in here I thought you guys were probably talking about Smogon now limiting Baton Pass to one user per team.
Really, down to one? Last I heard, it was 3, which seemed totally reasonable.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Cerony posted:

Did they actually do this

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Honestly I'm surprised there are more Pokemon games beyond Ruby and Sapphire, it's pretty much been done to death now.

Blue was my favorite game, Silver was good but Ruby was a bit average.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Bongo Bill posted:

Competitive battling is just one aspect of Pokemon, and it's not as well-supported as it would be in a game solely focused on that kind of play.

That's always kind of annoyed me. They have these tournaments focused on the battling, but have never really tried very hard to balance the game towards the competitive scene.

That's how I felt pre-Gen VI at least, I don't really know how it's going nowadays. Has Fairy type really helped at all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Emerald (and later Platinum) really set the standard of "don't play this until the third version" that Pokemon kind of boxed themselves into. Gen 5 kind of escapes it, but more because Black/White have a stronger story, compared to B2/W2's stronger postgame. We'll have to see what happens with Pokemon Z.

Momomo posted:

That's how I felt pre-Gen VI at least, I don't really know how it's going nowadays. Has Fairy type really helped at all?
It actually has... in Doubles. Doubles is pretty well balanced right now, but Singles, especially Battle Spot Singles, is the hunting ground of Mega-Kangaskhan, Mega-Gengar, and all the attempts to stop them.

• Locked thread