Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bobo the Red
Aug 14, 2004
Lay off the marmot

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Just got back from a bar where I watched the game. What a loving win I can't wait for Sunday so Argentina can eliminate hitler once and for all.

Given how many of Hitlers friends lived out their lives there, why would they do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
hitler was born in the falklands

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

I think messi has scored more goals in some games for Barca this season than Argentina have scored in the entire tournament.

Also we should put up some fliers. A lot of Dutch fans from the other day arnt here I hope nothing bad happened to them.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
hitler sent argentina a letter during wwii that stated "see you in 2014 dear friend" true story

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Frijolero posted:

hitler sent argentina a letter during wwii that stated "see you in 2014 dear friend" true story

i saw this on the history channel, it's true

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Also, friendly reminder that Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

dkj posted:

A lot of Dutch fans from the other day arnt here I hope nothing bad happened to them.

I do, gently caress those beta bitches :getin:

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
ESPN's world cup daily show is top loving class. I really enjoy their coverage and am going to miss it severely.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dirk Pitt posted:

ESPN's world cup daily show is top loving class. I really enjoy their coverage and am going to miss it severely.

same this has been a great world cup

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
dutch fans were here, they tried to shift the conversation to gold in nigeria or some poo poo

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Dirk Pitt posted:

Fox won't live up in the future, I just know it

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Frijolero posted:

dutch fans were here, they tried to shift the conversation to gold in nigeria or some poo poo

what

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Ron Vlaar going first baffles me every time. What was the thinking behind that? "If our centre-half scores first the Argentines will poo poo their pants because they know we have better"?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I'm torn about who gets my plastic support ATM. On the one hand, Messi is a criminal aspergor and I don't particularly like anyone on Argentina, and like a bunch of players on Germany. On the other, Argentina winning a World Cup in brazil would be absolutely hilarious.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Vertical Lime posted:

If Gus Johnson doing the Champions League is any indication it's going to be completely unbearable (and I like Gus Johnson doing basketball).

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

FAT BATMAN posted:

ESPN showed a quick ticker that Nigeria is banned from all soccer now? What's the story there?

It's FIFA protecting their own once again, they're pretty much the closest thing to a poster child for the saying about absolute power. Disgraceful.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Moktaro posted:

It's FIFA protecting their own once again, they're pretty much the closest thing to a poster child for the saying about absolute power. Disgraceful.

To be honest, a sovereign nation firing their football association's leadership is really loving stupid.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Vertical Lime posted:

It's going to be like ESPN in 2002. Non existent coverage, no one in the host nation, no actual foot experts. I am very distressed and hate that I have to spend 4 years wringing my hands over this.

Edit: I've been joking with people that Joe Buck and Troy Aikman are going to be calling USA games from a studio in New York, I am not sure how much I am joking anymore...

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Glenn Beck racistly mispronouncing african names and cheering for israel

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dirk Pitt posted:

It's going to be like ESPN in 2002. Non existent coverage, no one in the host nation, no actual foot experts. I am very distressed and hate that I have to spend 4 years wringing my hands over this.

Edit: I've been joking with people that Joe Buck and Troy Aikman are going to be calling USA games from a studio in New York, I am not sure how much I am joking anymore...

It's going to be Gus Johnson

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

R.D. Mangles posted:

It's going to be Gus Johnson

This is not an improvement.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Dirk Pitt posted:

This is not an improvement.

Maybe he'll die between now and then.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Mr. Mambold posted:

Maybe he'll die between now and then.
They probably actually would use Joe Buck then. There's some possibility that in 4 years Gus Johnson will be better than the announcing in Fifa 2002.

Lagotto
Nov 22, 2010

Vegetable posted:

Ron Vlaar going first baffles me every time. What was the thinking behind that? "If our centre-half scores first the Argentines will poo poo their pants because they know we have better"?

Yeah, that was beyond me as well.Cillessen was never gonna stop anything, too much pressure, why not let Huntelaar or Robben take the first one, at least that would have given the team some confidence.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Vegetable posted:

He wanted to do everything in his power to get back to his favourite team, aston villa as soon as possible and start training to win the league next season.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I want Jim Ross to comment the final game.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
mixed feelings for the final.

sorta wouldn't mind argentina to win just to quieten the "messi hasn't won a world cup therefore" crowd but i really dig the germans style. either way i win. gg world cup. boss tournament.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I tried looking back, but can someone repost the story of the old Brazilian man holding the trophy? How he gets paid to go to games or something?

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

I tried looking back, but can someone repost the story of the old Brazilian man holding the trophy? How he gets paid to go to games or something?

http://deadspin.com/meet-the-saddest-man-in-brazil-1602350870

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

gracias

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

blue footed boobie posted:

I'm torn about who gets my plastic support ATM. On the one hand, Messi is a criminal aspergor and I don't particularly like anyone on Argentina, and like a bunch of players on Germany. On the other, Argentina winning a World Cup in brazil would be absolutely hilarious.

If Argentina wins the world cup retarded rear end in a top hat who write horrible articles like this:

http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2014/7/9/5882435/lionel-messi-argentina-world-cup-2014

Will never, ever, ever shut up about how Messi is the greatest ever.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Montasque posted:

If Argentina wins the world cup retarded rear end in a top hat who write horrible articles like this:

http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2014/7/9/5882435/lionel-messi-argentina-world-cup-2014

Will never, ever, ever shut up about how Messi is the greatest ever.

Yeah, but the la liga thread is already like this.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I want Jim Ross to comment the final game.

This has probably been posted and you're probably referencing it here, but...

http://screamer.deadspin.com/here-is-j-r-jim-ross-calling-the-brazil-germany-firs-1601968953

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Messi is the best player this world has ever seen, lol if you can't see it.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

El Hefe posted:

If Messi does this on Sunday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCJBXfKtOiM

Then I will believe.

ma i married a tuna
Apr 24, 2005

Numbers add up to nothing
Pillbug

El Hefe posted:

for like a year + he's merely looked like a v good player, with at least 30 players as good or better. Still a legend no doubt but best ever, looking less likely.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I dunno, he still seems pretty sweet

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Montasque posted:

If Messi does this on Sunday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCJBXfKtOiM

Then I will believe.

Germany should wear those uniforms imho, to honor hitler

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
I wonder who will hitler cheer for this Sunday, his old reichskinder or his south american paradise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

El Hefe posted:

That's a strange way to spell "Maradona", friend

• Locked thread