Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Hahaha eat poo poo Chara

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
Goddamnit Chara

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given
That was pretty drat dirty.

TasmanianX
Jan 7, 2009

Just Kick 'Em

tk posted:

Where do they send him? The parking lot?

Maybe he'll go play pick-up with those kids on the other field.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
That is a red card. poo poo. Well, I guess Portland is going to defend for 20 minutes...

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

tk posted:

Where do they send him? The parking lot?

He could help get the lights turned back on

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Holy gently caress how do you allow a break like that up one man?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Can we just go to pks now? Please?

E: I thought the game was getting unwatchable... Turn out it was just my screen dimming because of f.lux!

El Jebus fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jul 10, 2014

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I didn't know f.lux was tuned to Starfire's lights.

Wait, one of Portland's coaching staff got sent off too?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Why the gently caress is Porter complaining about that red card?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I wonder how that conversation went

"Yo, my head coach is pissed about the call but doesn't want to say anything on the record, so he sent me out here as the fall guy. I'll take my red card now."

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Yeah, that card was deserved. I think the rear end. Coach might have thought the ref was being Seattle friendly for a while. I thought there were a number of poor calls in Seattle's favor leading up to the red but the red was completely justified.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Portland has looked much better this second half

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I love it when Cooper scores against Portland.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

SeaTard posted:

Portland has looked much better this second half

And as soon as I say that, Ricketts makes a bad decision and gives up a goal.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

SeaTard posted:

And as soon as I say that, Ricketts makes a bad decision and gives up a goal.

I think that would have gone in even if he stayed back. Off the bar is maybe out of reach for big Ricketts. Pks now?!

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

El Jebus posted:

I think that would have gone in even if he stayed back. Off the bar is maybe out of reach for big Ricketts. Pks now?!

It could have, but he's made some great saves so far. At least he would have had a chance.

TasmanianX
Jan 7, 2009

Just Kick 'Em
Glad I stayed up for this match. Sick goal.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

:fork:

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

SeaTard posted:

It could have, but he's made some great saves so far. At least he would have had a chance.

True, and I would rather him have the chance. However, I think whypick1 is probably right, assuming the best thing ever doesn't happen.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Pappa with the dagger. Good showing Timbers.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Chad Marshall was the best off season pick up. The Sounders were impossible to break down. I'm happy we got an extra 30 minutes of that.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

That was fun, this weekend is going to be amazing. Hopefully both teams aren't too tired after that extra 30 minutes of chaos.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

highme posted:

Chad Marshall was the best off season pick up. The Sounders were impossible to break down. I'm happy we got an extra 30 minutes of that.

That was a fantastic game that could have only been better with a Timbers equalizer instead of a Sounders 3rd. Both teams played really well and it wasn't huge mistakes that led to goals (except maybe Ricketts coming out, but again, not huge), it was good play and great talent that scored the goals. Seattle is my favorite team to play because both teams stop giving a gently caress about anything else and play as hard as they can. Things might get chippy but each team plays their hearts out.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
I'm loving tired. I never want to see extra time again.

Great seeing you tonight, Beast.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

:qq:

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Porter is a crybaby bitch not fit for the job. Timbers are poo poo pure poo poo. Porter out.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Hahahaha I wish I could drink Porter's tears.

highme
May 25, 2001

Holy gently caress shut up about the refs. Even if that wasn't a red, shut up.

TasmanianX
Jan 7, 2009

Just Kick 'Em
Two footed scissor tackles that don't get anywhere close to the ball are pretty much always reds. His comments are laughable, in that context.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

This needs to become a fine worthy offence. Either hire new refs or start to punish people who say stuff like this in public. The endless cycle of referee discrediting doesn't help their position as arbitrator of the game.

highme
May 25, 2001

He'd get fined by MLS if it was a league match.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Porter's got that desperate rage going. I wonder if he's got a couple of targets built into his contract in order to get maximum payout... or not get fired.

But Portland played pretty well in the 2nd half I thought.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Chicago-Seattle should be another fun game.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Was Taters posted:

I'm loving tired. I never want to see extra time again.

Great seeing you tonight, Beast.

hanging with you was far more entertaining than watching the match from that awful little grassy hill. people kept falling over!

that was absolutely a correct call and was a red for sure. dunno how anyone can argue that. and CK, the coach who got the red had to go hang out by the bathrooms or something. it is a weird tiny shitshow of a venue. favorite part of the night was when the power went out while I was in the can and when I got outside the big screen was dead and all lights flickered. can't believe professionals play there.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
I hate that place, but our record is like 97 percent there so they'll never leave it :(

Xylorjax
Nov 27, 2002

Bewildrbeast posted:

hanging with you was far more entertaining than watching the match from that awful little grassy hill. people kept falling over!

that was absolutely a correct call and was a red for sure. dunno how anyone can argue that. and CK, the coach who got the red had to go hang out by the bathrooms or something. it is a weird tiny shitshow of a venue. favorite part of the night was when the power went out while I was in the can and when I got outside the big screen was dead and all lights flickered. can't believe professionals play there.

Outside of the USOC, they don't. I've played games in that loving stadium, for god's sake, and I'm as far as you can get from a professional without actively spiking your own legs.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Seattle Reign did their inaugural season there, though? so glad they got out of there.

highme
May 25, 2001

Did anybody besides Braddock get arrested?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Bewildrbeast posted:

Seattle Reign did their inaugural season there, though? so glad they got out of there.

I still can't figure out why the Sounders don't play their Open Cup games at Memorial Stadium too.

• Locked thread