Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Leo Showers posted:

Blue was my favorite game, Silver was good but Ruby was a bit average.

After having taken off my nostalgia glasses I've come to realize that Blue and Silver were both kind of bad and Sapphire is where the series really started getting good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxmaps
Oct 21, 2008

Not actually a shark.

alcharagia posted:

Favorite. Pokemon.

Jumpluff. Had a shiny one back in Silver who I nicknamed Cotton Candy. He taught me that you can win battles by using sleep powder and leech seed, and thus, you could have your team use moves that weren't exclusively attacks. It blew my little kid mind that a good moveset for a pokemon didn't have to be 4 attacks of the same type with different PP values.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Poison Mushroom posted:

Really, down to one? Last I heard, it was 3, which seemed totally reasonable.

mabels big day posted:

Did they actually do this

Yep

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Did Gen III not do anything if you had two overlapping secret bases with other people's records? I could've sworn it did something so you could access both.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

alcharagia posted:

Favorite. Pokemon.

All of them.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

alcharagia posted:

Favorite. Pokemon.

Purrloin is the cutest kitty and it has an adorable tail. Therefore it's my favorite Polkamon. :3:

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Stalgren posted:

Yeah agreed.

Just give me my spinoff pokemon virtual pet game!

Pretty sure this guy is trolling, he is fitting the competitive sperglord stereotype TOO perfectly.

Competitive pokemon is the best way to pokemon, but you're too goddamn retarded to ever realize it. I sincerely hope you choke with one of your plushies.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

qnqnx posted:

Competitive pokemon is the best way to pokemon, but you're too goddamn retarded to ever realize it. I sincerely hope you choke with one of your plushies.

I'm loving your new avatar dude. The pink text is a great touch! :3:

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

alcharagia posted:

Favorite. Pokemon.

Chandelure or Octillary. If I could have both we would all be best friends. Heliolisk would be cool too.

This is the dumbest thing, even dumber than musicals.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

JordanKai posted:

I'm loving your new avatar dude. The pink text is a great touch! :3:

Is clearly some shade of violet, you might want to check your eyes.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

The story behind this is kind of funny. Some guy named dEnIsSsS has been at or around the top of the Showdown OU ladder for a long rear end time after creating the original 6 pokemon BP team of Sylveon/Scolipede/Vaporeon/Smeargle/Mr. Mime (or Zapdos)/Espeon. Immediately after the first BP nerf he debuted a new team to fit the limitations swapping out Mr. Mime and Sylveon for a dual screen Deoxys and Unaware Clefable intended to receive the boosts. Personally, I think the team is a bit weaker than the original BP team, but dEnIsSsS is a really good player and didn't miss a step when adjusting. In particular, it has a bit more holes in it. Stall has a better chance of beating it in large part because one of Vaporeon or Clefable are just kind of there most of the time (usually Vaporeon), and if you can stall out the screens then Deoxys doesn't really do much either. In essence, this one guy got Smogon all up in a tizzy by being too good at team building and playing the game.

Of course a bunch of people copied the team and then a bunch of bad players lost to it and complained about how BP is still "a literal cancer" on the metagame. The second nerf is really frustrating because while there was a fair amount of testing before the first nerf, there was much less testing and much more complaining for the second nerf.

Also my favorite pokemon is Arcanine. He was the first guy I got to level 100 all the way back in pokemon red. Ampharos, Roserade, Gardevoir, and Chandelure are also really cool.

buddychrist10 fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jul 10, 2014

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

qnqnx posted:

I agree Stalgren's bad but you are worse. Think about this. You managed to be worse than Stalgren

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

qnqnx posted:

Thankfully the only mon that requires amie sucks poo poo and is part of a family that sucks poo poo as well.

You are obviously pretty terrible at competitive pokemon as well if you think Sylveon isn't one of the better pokemon in the game.

absolutely anything posted:

I agree Stalgren's bad but you are worse. Think about this. You managed to be worse than Stalgren

This is also true.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

JordanKai posted:

I've always been very fond of Heracross but lately I've been thinking that I might like Whimsicott more.

This guy gets it

Nidoking, Lapras, Golurk, and Galvantula are also up there.

Maxmaps
Oct 21, 2008

Not actually a shark.

Scrap Dragon posted:

This guy gets it

Nidoking, Lapras, Golurk, and Galvantula are also up there.

Eww. More like Heragross.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

absolutely anything posted:

Nah, at least I don't post inane pictures when thre thread gets too competitive for his preschooler tastes.

Emalde posted:

You are obviously pretty terrible at competitive pokemon as well if you think Sylveon isn't one of the better pokemon in the game.
Eeveolutions are bad in every aspect, competitive and not. Sylveon has nothing special either.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I'm beginning to think you might be sincere.

How would Vivillon do in a doubles Sun team, where it can keep the opponent from using fire moves with Powder?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Bongo Bill posted:

How would Vivillon do in a doubles Sun team, where it can keep the opponent from using fire moves with Powder?

Probably quite poorly, what with the paper defenses and quad weakness to one of the most common Doubles moves (Rock Slide).

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Bongo Bill posted:

Sadly it would probably still get destroyed with all the rock slides getting thrown around.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
I know it's kinda boring, but I always have a soft spot for starters. Blastoise and Samurott always served me well. Other favorites of the non-starter variety include Breloom, Flygon, Starptor, Braviary, Rotom, and Arcanine.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

alcharagia posted:

Favorite. Pokemon.

It's a tie between Magnemite, Torchic, and Scizor.

WreckSov
Aug 26, 2011
Aggron, even before they gave it a mega. Truly, I had my dream 6 at gen IV, then 4 of them were given mega forms.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

My favorite Pokemon is Metagross because it's a metal blue crab with am awesome cross on its face that looks like a moustache. The shiny version is also amazing as gently caress! :swoon: I was so heartbroken when they nerfed Steel's resistances and when I found out X and Y didn't include a Mega Metagross.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

My favorite Pokemon is Metagross because it's a metal blue crab with am awesome cross on its face that looks like a moustache. The shiny version is also amazing as gently caress! :swoon: I was so heartbroken when they nerfed Steel's resistances and when I found out X and Y didn't include a Mega Metagross.

I have a shiny Metagross. Its my bff. I bred 2 shiny beldums in 50 eggs :swoon:

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

alcharagia posted:

Favorite. Pokemon.

Vulpix is the whole reason I ever discovered Pokemon existed.

Also love Absol and Fennekin and all the Eeveelutions. There's like a whole list of Pokemon I love.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
Typhlosion. I know its not what the line is actually based on, but its like a giant, fire breathing dog. And for those who would question why not Arcanine, the answer is that (aside of being cooler, though arguably less majestic) Typhlosion reminds me more of labradors. Labradors like the ones my Granny has raised over the years :3:

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs

alcharagia posted:

Favorite. Pokemon.

I'm a real big fan of all the Eeveelutions, but I think I'll go by generation

Gen 1: Pikachu even after all these drat years
Gen 2: Wobbuffet for pure comic relief and being the most predictable yet broken pokemon for ten years now
Gen 3: Ralts line and Gardevoir is a pretty princess with Gallade her knight
Gen 4: Contains my favorite fire starter in Chimchar
Gen 5: Joltik :3:
Gen 6: Shiny female Meowstic is kawaii as poo poo and Aegislash is a total bro.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Staraptor is super cool, because he's a first route mon that's actually good, and he has awesome hair.

I always get a male one named "Yeager."

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

alcharagia posted:

Favorite. Pokemon.
Spinda.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

alcharagia posted:

Favorite. Pokemon.
Dugtrio, because everything about Dugtrio is hilarious.

It's hard to choose though, because there's so many of them and I'm only playing my second game of it and finding new neat ones all the time, like Vivillon and Emolga and Roserade and so on.

e: and then of course there's stuff like Greninja and Talonflame that, while not as cute or funny, are a lot of fun to battle with. And I have a soft spot for Beedrill despite being told a bunch how terrible it is.

Paul.Power fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Jul 10, 2014

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Staraptor is super cool, because he's a first route mon that's actually good, and he has awesome hair.

I always get a male one named "Yeager."

Who's that Pokemon?

Congratulations! You Won.
Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

How has no one said Wooper yet? :wooper: Y'all are monsters :wooper:

Runners up include Houndour, Absol, Staraptor, Scrafty, and Honedge.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I just got XY the other day after having not played Pokemon since White/Black released and I'd have to say Aegislash is cool as gently caress

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

qnqnx posted:

Nah, at least I don't post inane pictures when thre thread gets too competitive for his preschooler tastes.

This is spot on, tbh.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Ba Donk a Bonk posted:

Quagsire is my second favorite!

My favorite is Charizard, and fire types in general. I spent a lot of time in Pokemon Snap's volcano level taking pictures like this:

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Ba Donk a Bonk posted:

Runners up include Houndour, Absol, Staraptor, Scrafty, and Honedge.
I'm a fan of Wooper. I especially like its HG/SS animation where it pretty much goes "Woop Woop"

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

qnqnx posted:

What the hell caused you to grow such a massive cock in your rear end?

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

qnqnx posted:

The best way to play any game is whatever way you, personally, have the most fun with. The purpose behind gaming is to enjoy yourself the way you like, not the way an rear end in a top hat on the Internet insists is best.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

razorrozar posted:

The best way to play any game is whatever way you, personally, have the most fun with. The purpose behind gaming is to enjoy yourself the way you like, not the way an rear end in a top hat on the Internet insists is best.
I'm sorry you're unable to comprehend objectivity, like in things being objectively fun or not fun.

Red Suit posted:

What the hell caused you to grow such a massive cock in your rear end?
Things don't grow in asses, have you failed biology?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

qnqnx posted:

I'm sorry you're unable to comprehend objectivity, like in things being objectively fun or not fun.

I'm sorry you think there is such a thing as objective fun.

• Locked thread