Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
There is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Shut up.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
e: nvm this is a stupid argument.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I like Espeon. It's purple and a cat. I like purple and cats.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
RE: Favourite Pokémon discussion I will have to say Jirachi.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I was always a fan of Typhlosion and Blaziken. I like badass fire types.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

razorrozar posted:

I was always a fan of Typhlosion and Blaziken. I like badass fire types.

Typhlosion is neither badass, nor good and no one that likes it has ever been a rational being.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

qnqnx posted:

Typhlosion is neither badass, nor good and no one that likes it has ever been a rational being.

Maybe there are other reasons to like a Pokemon besides how well it can beat things up? Just a thought.

And I completely soloed Silver with my Typhlosion.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

razorrozar posted:

Maybe there are other reasons to like a Pokemon besides how well it can beat things up? Just a thought.

And I completely soloed Silver with my Typhlosion.

Plenty to dislike, like the uninspired design and having the exact same stats as Charizard with a worse movepool.
And you speak like the single player mattered at any point in time.

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
The best pokemon is and always will be Hawlucha.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

qnqnx posted:

Plenty to dislike, like the uninspired design and having the exact same stats as Charizard with a worse movepool.
And you speak like the single player mattered at any point in time.

I enjoy Pokemon single player. I enjoy Pokemon multiplayer but not as much. This is my subjective opinion. It's different from your subjective opinion. But that's okay! It would be a funny old world if we were all alike.

If the notion that someone has fun differently than you bothers you enough for you to be an ableist gently caress about it, call me crazy but I think you're the one with a problem.

Fureil
Jul 7, 2012

alcharagia posted:

Favorite. Pokemon.

Zangoose. Got one of these guys in Gen 3, and ever since then I've been sure to get my hands on one in every game. May not be the greatest, but I've always been a fan of a lot of the Normal type pokemon.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Opinion discarded, get your rear end back to Tumblr.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

qnqnx posted:

Opinion discarded, get your rear end back to Tumblr.

I will if you go back to 4chan.

Other than Fire-types my favorite Pokemon is probably Spheal. It's just so goddamn :3:

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

razorrozar posted:

Other than Fire-types my favorite Pokemon is probably Spheal. It's just so goddamn :3:

Too late, I already ingrained here.

Fureil
Jul 7, 2012

razorrozar posted:

Stop feeding please.

razorrozar posted:

I actually met my favorite fire type since Growlithe in Black/White. I like heatmor, its just a shame he isnt really useful. Still fun to roll with in the game though.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Favourite pokemon?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

alcharagia posted:

Favorite. Pokemon.

Porygon2 :3:

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Crosspeice posted:

same, but Gyarados is tied with it as my absolute favorite. I have lot of second favorites though, far too many to list.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Fureil posted:

I actually met my favorite fire type since Growlithe in Black/White. I like heatmor, its just a shame he isnt really useful. Still fun to roll with in the game though.

The only problem I have with Heatmor is that it's supposed to be part of a rivalry duo with Durant but the balance is completely skewed. I really like it design-wise.

Fun fact: the guy who founded Buick and, I think, Oldsmobile was named Billy Durant.

Less fun fact: typing Pokemon names on a phone sucks. Cut it out, autocorrect. :negative:

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Crosspeice posted:

Mr Confetti
Feb 1, 2013

Nahxela posted:

I'm a fan of Wooper. I especially like its HG/SS animation where it pretty much goes "Woop Woop"

Wooper is the cutest loving thing ever and I will hear nothing against it.

Just shut up

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I like Liepard too. For it is purple. And a cat.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I often have sexual fantasies in which Lickitung or Lickilicky (I had to look that name up) goes to town on my taint.

Also my favorite pokemon is Furret because it looks like a scarf with legs.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I like Slowpoke. I have afición for Slowpoke, if you will. It is good to like Slowpoke.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Zigzagoon is pretty okay. I mean, not in battle, where it's all sorts of poo poo. But like, it's still pretty adorable.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

alcharagia posted:

Favorite. Pokemon.
I like Camerupt and I'm hopeful that he gets a mega because he's Maxie's signature Pokemon.

Crosscontaminant
Jan 18, 2007

My favourite Pokémon is probably Milotic, but it's really hard to just pick one because the only one I really do not like is Slurpuff.

Gonna be honest: make-your-own-gym Secret Bases might actually get me to give a poo poo.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

best pokemon are something out of Ivysaur, Chikorita, Cloyster, Aggron, Clefable (you have no idea how happy I am that its now competitive), Haunter, Girafarig Florges, and Scrafty. Too many to choose from.

Also Bidoof. Screw the haterz, it's adorable. :3:

EDIT: also that Feebas I had to run around with in a Wonderlocke, coz gently caress it that thing was the best. But only that one, the other feebas can suck it.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

This guy.

Dat smile. Dat cutie li'l smile. :allears:

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Magnemite has long been a favourite of mine but when push comes to shove my real favourite has to be Gengar, I've loved Gengar ever seince I was little and I think he'll always be my favourite no matter what newcomers like Breloom, Garchomp and Sylveon have to offer.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I feel you.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Mega Spinda will probably just be Bo Rai Cho from Mortal Kombat or some other character who's perpetually drunk

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

less laughter posted:

Mega Spinda will probably just be Bo Beep from Toy Story or some other character who's perpetually drinking soda

I'm playing a kids game. :colbert:

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Darth TNT posted:

I'm playing a kids game. :colbert:

A Japanese kids game. So put that booze back and make Mega Spinda a salaryman.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
Who was it that was hoping for a metagross megaevo?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Dienes posted:

I could do without the horn thing, honestly.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Dienes posted:

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME :swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon:

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Dienes posted:

First Aerodactyl, now Metagross... Someone designing the Mega Evolutions must be a huge Scott Ian fan. If you rock, or are metal, you mega evolve and gain a pointy beard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I have way too many favourite Pokemon. There are over 700 of them now and at least 250 of them would be in my "favourites" group.

My very first favourite Pokemon was Vaporeon though. I was also a big fan of Raichu, Charizard, Articuno and Lapras, all of which made up my final team in my very first play through of Firered, at the tender age of 20.

The last Pokemon was Nidoking as an HM slave.

I think the gen with most of my favourites is probably gen 5. There were just so many good Pokemon designs.

• Locked thread