Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Rick Rickshaw posted:

Ok, I finally updated to iOS 7. Jailbroke with PanGu.

I've installed some tweaks that help to mirror my iOS 6 experience, but essentially what I'm looking for is SBSettings, and SBSettings is no longer compatible. The Control Center doesn't do it for me. I want a power-off button, first of all. As well as a Personal Hotspot toggle.

Check out CCControls. You can specify which toggles you want and scroll through them if desired.

Cloaky will allow you to hide elements of the CC also, worth looking into as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Na'at
May 5, 2003

You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I didn't much care for Control Center until I customized the poo poo out of it. Now I couldn't imagine going back to SBS

Rick Rickshaw
Feb 21, 2007

I am not disappointed I lost the PGA Championship. Nope, I am not.

spongeworthy posted:

Check out CCControls. You can specify which toggles you want and scroll through them if desired.

Cloaky will allow you to hide elements of the CC also, worth looking into as well.

Whoaaaaaaa. Now we're talking. Combined with Auxo 2, things are definitely looking up. I think I'll still miss Zephyr, but Auxo 2 is pretty close.

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

Flip Control Center is another option if you want a "restart" button.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Auxo 2 works with flipcontrol center. I haven't tried flipcontrolcenter by itself but I think it'd let you add and organize toggles to the action center. It does with auxo2 so I can only assume yes

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe
Oh boy I had no idea there was a new jailbreak out and I didn't miss any windows. Now I can fix my broken rear end cydia on my iPad air and make sure I have ssh and all that crap installed so I don't screw myself by adding a malformed repo again!

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

I hope this update fixes those random annoying crashes when switching apps, but I doubt it.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
<THEMEFOLDER>.Theme/Bundles/com.getdropbox.Dropbox

The only other thing I can think of is that maybe another theme is active in winterboard and causing some kind of conflict. As a worst result try reinstalling both the theme AND winterboard.

Do you have anything else enabled in Winterboard?

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

Does jailbreaking open up any tricks in dealing with the "Other" portion of disk space usage? Is it saved in one folder that I can browse with iFile or anything?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Icleaner gets rid of a lot of junk files

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

Christoff posted:

Icleaner gets rid of a lot of junk files

It's useful but only to a point. Out of the 3GB allocated to "Other", it got rid of 400mb. Looking over the Usage view under general settings allowed me to identify another 700mb used by Instapaper. It still leaves a lot out there that isn't explained, especially since I recently cleaned out my entire message history (and saved it to an excel file because I'm weird).

Rick Rickshaw
Feb 21, 2007

Can anyone recommend a data usage monitor, as well as a scheduler for control center toggles?

In iOS 6 I was using SBProfiles to turn off vibrate on work days at 8am. This renders my phone completely silent, which is great. I use Veency, Growl and RemoteMessages to receive notifications to my PC rather than having my phone buzzing all day trying to get my attention like a child with an attention disorder. I'd rather automate the deactivation/activation of this toggle if possible.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Rick Rickshaw posted:

Can anyone recommend a data usage monitor,

I use WeeTrackData7

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Rick Rickshaw posted:

Can anyone recommend a data usage monitor, as well as a scheduler for control center toggles?

In iOS 6 I was using SBProfiles to turn off vibrate on work days at 8am. This renders my phone completely silent, which is great. I use Veency, Growl and RemoteMessages to receive notifications to my PC rather than having my phone buzzing all day trying to get my attention like a child with an attention disorder. I'd rather automate the deactivation/activation of this toggle if possible.

Why not just use scheduled do not disturb mode?

Rick Rickshaw
Feb 21, 2007

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Why not just use scheduled do not disturb mode?

Two reasons - you can't set it for weekdays only, and you also can't have multiple schedules. I want to be able to set DND at night as well, and ideally on a different time schedule during the week than on the weekends.

edit: Turns out SBProfiles works on iOS 7. I'm saved.

spongeworthy posted:

I use WeeTrackData7

Cool, I'll check that out!

Rick Rickshaw fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jul 8, 2014

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Can someone remind me of a tweak. It's the one that lets you notify the icons in the pull-up menu? Thanks.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

ICHIBAHN posted:

Can someone remind me of a tweak. It's the one that lets you notify the icons in the pull-up menu? Thanks.

You mean modify the icons?

It is listed here on this very page.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

ICHIBAHN posted:

Christoff posted:

Auxo 2 works with flipcontrol center. I haven't tried flipcontrolcenter by itself but I think it'd let you add and organize toggles to the action center. It does with auxo2 so I can only assume yes

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Sexual. Ccc controls.thanks.

Also, what's a good tweak to stop annoying phone pop-ups, like the 20% battery warning?

ICHIBAHN fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jul 8, 2014

SparkPeople
Nov 10, 2012

ICHIBAHN posted:

Sexual. Ccc controls.thanks.

Also, what's a good tweak to stop annoying phone pop-ups, like the 20% battery warning?

Noannoyance does a good job of that.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
NoAnnoyance isn't in the default repos. It's on repo.pnre.co

BlurPaper is on there too, which is rad as gently caress.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
Is there anything that will graph my data usage by app? All I could find is one that sorts the usage list in descending order.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

spongeworthy posted:

Is there any way to get this to do anything on an iPad? I want a quick way to respring and see my ip. Works on my iPhone but on my ipad CCControls doesn't seem to be able to actually do anything.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

BrainDance posted:

Is there any way to get this to do anything on an iPad? I want a quick way to respring and see my ip. Works on my iPhone but on my ipad CCControls doesn't seem to be able to actually do anything.

It claims to work on all iPad models in the description. I can't test it out though.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Huh, well it does.

I swear I installed it before, went to the settings tab and it just said "there are no options to configure for ipad" and did nothing. Guess I was thinking of something else.

Edit: yeah I was thinking of ccloader.

BrainDance fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jul 9, 2014

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Is it still needed to install openssh and change your default password when you jailbreak now? I haven't done this since I had a 3g phone.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

ded posted:

Is it still needed to install openssh and change your default password when you jailbreak now? I haven't done this since I had a 3g phone.

It is best to do so, yeah.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
You don't need to change your default password after each jailbreak, though, do you? I did it with 7.0 on my iDevices, but didn't think to do it again with this latest jailbreak.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
If you wiped the OS and OpenSSH was reinstalled then I'd do it again.

Change the password for both root and mobile users.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I thought that was just if someone so happened to be in vicinity of you and for whatever reason knew your phone was jailbroken and new you had openssh and wanted to "hack" into your phone. Or am I completely wrong

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Christoff posted:

I thought that was just if someone so happened to be in vicinity of you and for whatever reason knew your phone was jailbroken and new you had openssh and wanted to "hack" into your phone. Or am I completely wrong

That's mostly correct, yeah. Someone could technically try a range of IP addresses allotted to cellular providers and check for default passwords if they happened to be using the cellular data.

These are unlikely circumstances, but entirely preventable by taking 10 seconds to change a password.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
There was a "worm" that did just that a few years ago.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
You're only vulnerable if you have openssh installed. If the only reason you're installing openssh is to change the password that's missing the point. OpenSSH is the door, the default password is the key to that door. If you don't have OpenSSH installed then no matter where they attempt to jam that key, they won't unlock anything. If you do have OpenSSH installed then yes you should change the password.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
The usefulness of OpenSSH can't be understated, especially when software updates hit and jailbreak windows close.

I have never had to SSH into my broken phone to fix a file that's causing a problem, but a lot of people say that they have. I'd feel pretty dumb if I had to restore my nice jailbroken phone to a non-jailbreakable software just because I couldn't spend 10 seconds installing OpenSSH and Putty and another 30 seconds to change the passwords for root and mobile.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

bobfather posted:

The usefulness of OpenSSH can't be understated, especially when software updates hit and jailbreak windows close.

Why? And why especially that circumstance?

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

Zigmidge posted:

Why? And why especially that circumstance?

Because all it takes is one bad tweak, or uninstalling one essential package accidentally to render your phone unbootable.

Even trashing the wrong file in iFile can do it. OpenSSH can save you from all of that.

Rick Rickshaw
Feb 21, 2007

Installing OpenSSH and changing your root/mobile passwords also prevents someone else from doing it should they gain physical access to your device.

The passcode lock should prevent this from being a concern, but that security measure on iDevices seems quite unreliable. They're always finding loopholes. Paranoia, I know, but why not take the 5 minutes it takes to follow the steps in Cydia.

Rick Rickshaw fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jul 10, 2014

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
So just to be clear, my passwords reset to the default when I upgraded and re-jailbroke? I didn't do a DFU restore for what that's worth, just an upgrade via iTunes with no backup or restore.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

ibntumart posted:

So just to be clear, my passwords reset to the default when I upgraded and re-jailbroke? I didn't do a DFU restore for what that's worth, just an upgrade via iTunes with no backup or restore.

If you DFU restore, it will absolutely reset. If you OTA or upgrade in place using iTunes, try logging into your phone using alpine, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onion Vanguard
Jun 11, 2010

Breathe in. Breathe out.
Okay, I have never jail-broken a phone before so I have no idea what I am doing. I am following the instructions on the OP however, I can do all of this on a Mac right? And this works for British iPhones right?

• Locked thread