Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Original Sins has been a really satisfying tie in book. I want to see Ryan North do more big stuff. The only real bummer was the Dan Slott JJJ bit at the end of #3 in which JJJ fires someone and promises they'll never work in town again because they found a positive article he wrote about Spider-Man. He then burned the article while admitting he was actually pretty proud of the writing. Is there a single redeeming characteristic about Slott's JJJ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Senor Candle posted:

Original Sins has been a really satisfying tie in book. I want to see Ryan North do more big stuff. The only real bummer was the Dan Slott JJJ bit at the end of #3 in which JJJ fires someone and promises they'll never work in town again because they found a positive article he wrote about Spider-Man. He then burned the article while admitting he was actually pretty proud of the writing. Is there a single redeeming characteristic about Slott's JJJ?

Yeah, SLott's JJ is just a huge cartoonish rear end in a top hat who's turned to 11 at all times. A real shame. I just read Bendis's Daredevil and in just a few pages he does a better JJ than Slott has in his whole run. Same with his Ultimate JJ. He's a guy that actually, y'know, grows and learns like a PERSON would. Slott's JJ is just a huge baby that needs to be punched in the mouth. Who in the hell would elect that guy as mayor?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Unmature posted:

Yeah, SLott's JJ is just a huge cartoonish rear end in a top hat who's turned to 11 at all times. A real shame. I just read Bendis's Daredevil and in just a few pages he does a better JJ than Slott has in his whole run. Same with his Ultimate JJ. He's a guy that actually, y'know, grows and learns like a PERSON would. Slott's JJ is just a huge baby that needs to be punched in the mouth. Who in the hell would elect that guy as mayor?

Toronto

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

WHO COULD POSSIBLY BE THOR'S LOST SISTER? IS IT THE CHARACTER ON THE COVER OF THE BOOK?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rob Ford makes JJJ look positively zen like.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Mayor nothing, dude could be governor of New Jersey.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

muscles like this? posted:

WHO COULD POSSIBLY BE THOR'S LOST SISTER? IS IT THE CHARACTER ON THE COVER OF THE BOOK?

Wait did they actually try to make it a mystery?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

BABIES DONT WORK THIS WAY WHAT THE HELL

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

They only made it a mystery to Thor. Not to the readers.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Codependent Poster posted:

They only made it a mystery to Thor. Not to the readers.

Why doesn't Thor just look at the cover?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Unmature posted:

Because only Loki and Deadpool get to break the 4th wall. Anyone else is cheating.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Senor Candle posted:

Wait did they actually try to make it a mystery?

Eh, not really but it still isn't great storytelling to have the main characters working to figure something out that the reader already knows.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Eh, not really but it still isn't great storytelling to have the main characters working to figure something out that the reader already knows.

What about every episode of Columbo?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Yeah but the storyline would not work if they just went and talked to her as she has no idea either. It will be more figuring out their marvel backstory and then leading to her, so they can tell her.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Unmature posted:

Thor is a TPB guy.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Dramatic irony isn't really new dude and can offer good storytelling opportunities.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was really happy for the second Kid Loki shows up.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

I was really happy for the second Kid Loki shows up.

It's a thing he does in almost every issue of Agent of Asgard. It's like, out of nowhere "I AM THE CRIME THAT WILL NOT BE FORGIVEN" with this crazy loving face shows up. It's amazing.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

ElNarez posted:

It's a thing he does in almost every issue of Agent of Asgard. It's like, out of nowhere "I AM THE CRIME THAT WILL NOT BE FORGIVEN" with this crazy loving face shows up. It's amazing.

I'm going to have to grab that when the first trade comes out.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."
It's so relieving to have a murder mystery resolve itself in a totally fair way that people guessed because it makes sense both on a universe logic level and a satisfying story level.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

So, Midas did it then, right?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Little Mac posted:

So, Midas did it then, right?

No Nick Fury did it.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

He has the other eye but Midas and daughter were specifically talking about having murdered on the moon.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Little Mac posted:

He has the other eye but Midas and daughter were specifically talking about having murdered on the moon.

She says "this is the worst murder we've ever been a part of" looting a fresh corpse is still being part of a murder, really.

We also now know OG Fury was there first since he had the other eye.

None of them killed the Watcher.

DynamicSloth fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jul 16, 2014

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I think I'm just not convinced Fury straight up murdered the Watcher. How many more issues are there?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Little Mac posted:

I think I'm just not convinced Fury straight up murdered the Watcher. How many more issues are there?

PelvicNerve
May 29, 2003

That'll be the day.
That's an rear end in a top hat thing to do, writing "who pulled the trigger?" on the cover and not actually answering the question.

Well, now we know they're all potential replacements. And we also know the aging is recent, so that doesn't undo anything per se.

My money is still on Bucky. If only because I want a Bucky ongoing.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

PelvicNerve posted:

That's an rear end in a top hat thing to do, writing "who pulled the trigger?" on the cover and not actually answering the question.

Well, now we know they're all potential replacements. And we also know the aging is recent, so that doesn't undo anything per se.

My money is still on Bucky. If only because I want a Bucky ongoing.

Your wish is my command

quote:

BUCKY BARNES: THE WINTER SOLDIER #1
ALES KOT (W) • MARCO RUDY (A/C)
VARIANT COVER BY SKOTTIE YOUNG
DESIGN VARIANT COVER BY Marco Rudy
ARTIST VARIANT COVER BY Steve Epting
DEADPOOL 75th VARIANT COVER BY TBA
BLANK VARIANT ALSO AVAILABLE
• Following the tragedy of Original Sin, what becomes of Bucky Barnes, the Winter Soldier? Find out in this new ongoing series.
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Bucky has an ongoing starting in October.

PelvicNerve
May 29, 2003

That'll be the day.
Well, I guess this settles that. Nice that Kot is the one writing it. Thanks for the information, guys !

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."
C'mon, guys, it DID tell us who pulled the trigger. It's obviously Old Fury. The only question is why.

(He wants to release the secrets out into the world, because he's the Snowden in this gigantic NSA metaphor).

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

d00gZ posted:

C'mon, guys, it DID tell us who pulled the trigger. It's obviously Old Fury. The only question is why.

(He wants to release the secrets out into the world, because he's the Snowden in this gigantic NSA metaphor).

There is no reason to suspect that he regrets keeping all these secrets and the fact that he is looking for a replacement means he still believes in what he is doing.
It would be more likely that he wants the watchers secrets for himself to better accomplish his monster killing.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I still don't think it was Old Fury. I think Old Fury knows and was aware of the plot against the Watcher and rather than be the man on the wall he allowed it to happen so he could take the eye.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

What the hell is the difference between Original Sin and Original Sins?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sin is the main story, Sins is an anthology book about characters not big enough to have their own books to drop secrets in.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
What was Howard the Duck's secret?

I also feel miffed that Marvel was touting, and I quote, "At long last, Jason Aaron and Mike Deodato reveal who pulled the trigger!"

No! You didn't! Even Panther was like "I swear to god Nick tell us what happened to the Watcher--"*tangent/interruption*"--GOD DAMNIT".

Four Score fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jul 17, 2014

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

First Bass posted:

What was Howard the Duck's secret?

That apparently he could've been his world's greatest hero, had he, y'know, stayed there.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

d00gZ posted:

This post and your avatar. poo poo man.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

d00gZ posted:

All he did was pointedly refuse to answer the question then ran away, which is just standard end of second act misdirection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I still don't think it was Old Fury. I think Old Fury knows and was aware of the plot against the Watcher and rather than be the man on the wall he allowed it to happen so he could take the eye.

Then why was one of the gamma bullets used to ice Uatu?

• Locked thread