Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Lisa Gs book:

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,081,080 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)

Hahaha , there are literally over a million books selling better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
Hasn't she been fired with others from HowardTV? I might be wrong, I don't listen to the live show and get mostly up to date here.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Pretty sure the newsroom hasn't been touched and I recall hearing her recently on one of the news bumpers after the show.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Yes, but they have completely cut the "news bits" from the main show. They used to have a live newsroom update twice a show.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
Anyone else having weird issues with the SiriusXM Android app? I open it, it hangs, and then hours later, it will tell me it crashed. It just started doing this yesterday.

Edit; Looks like a complete reinstall fixes it. Good work on that update, SiriusXM developers. :jerkbag:

Coheed and Camembert fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Jul 8, 2014

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Squashy Nipples posted:

Yes, but they have completely cut the "news bits" from the main show. They used to have a live newsroom update twice a show.

Man, it's really loving sad how this show is just wasting away day by day. I really loving hate how one even addresses it or makes any mention that employees and talent are just gone without a trace after 5, 10, 15+ years on the job. It's spineless and pathetic. I know that dignity is the absolute last word you'd ever use to describe the Howard Stern Show but god drat.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Riosan posted:

Anyone else having weird issues with the SiriusXM Android app? I open it, it hangs, and then hours later, it will tell me it crashed. It just started doing this yesterday.

Edit; Looks like a complete reinstall fixes it. Good work on that update, SiriusXM developers. :jerkbag:

I use the Android streaming app quite a bit, and it's usually pretty reliable. Occasionally it fucks the dog and I have to reboot, but I've never had to go as far as a fresh install.

Oh yeah, sometimes it will have trouble switching to another Howard stream when I'm done with the first one. My workaround is to tune to a live station Sirius app, and then retune into the stream you want. Usually works.

geera
May 20, 2003

Squashy Nipples posted:

It seems like they've cut back on a lot of the other back-office personalities being on-air during the show. No Lisa G, High-Pitch Mike, Jon Leiberman, etc. Today's segment about Scott the Engineer was a reminder that he's been pretty scarce lately, too. Something must have happened behind the scenes to cause this, which parallels how uninteresting the show has been lately. The only thing that's kept me from canceling at this point has been not wanting to deal with SiriusXM's legendary customer service department.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
I've had Sirius for the last three weeks now since I leased a new car and get six months free. The first week I got it they must have actually done one show, because they were interviewing Whitney Cummings every single time I got in the car. Is there really anything new about Whitney Cummings that we haven't heard in her last fifteen appearances on the Stern show? I guess I should just be happy it wasn't Omarosa.

Everything else has been tapes which they're even repeating too often. I've heard King of All blacks fight Angry Black three times or so. It's got to be a hard sell to get anyone to pay $16 per month for this (I am aware that nobody actually pays over $5 per month for Sirius).

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

beep by grandpa posted:

Man, it's really loving sad how this show is just wasting away day by day. I really loving hate how one even addresses it or makes any mention that employees and talent are just gone without a trace after 5, 10, 15+ years on the job. It's spineless and pathetic. I know that dignity is the absolute last word you'd ever use to describe the Howard Stern Show but god drat.

Yea at least in the old days whenever someone left, Howard would at least take the time to mention it on air and then rip them to shreds for being a talentless hack who owed all their success to him.

(I'm not knocking Howard here, that poo poo was always fun as hell to listen to.)

haljordan fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jul 9, 2014

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
I still enjoy the show. Got a new job about 10 minutes away as opposed to my old 45-50 minute commute so now my listening will decrease. Not a bad problem though. :)

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
I truly think a "Classic Howard 101" station would get more listeners now then his live show would.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

I truly think a "Classic Howard 101" station would get more listeners now then his live show would.

With the amount of days off he's currently taking, isn't Howard 100 already nothing but Classic Howard?

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

You mean you don't want to listen to him talk about AGT or some other flavor of the month reality TV show? Or hear another interview with Al Roker? Or another musical performance by Train?

Brocktoon posted:

With the amount of days off he's currently taking, isn't Howard 100 already nothing but Classic Howard?

I've highly enjoyed Mammary Lane and Sternthology as of late. Good poo poo all around.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Owners of popular Howard YouTube channels probably have insight to how many plays they get per day/month. Would be interesting to compare that to listeners through Sirius (I know they would never release that information).

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Like Howard would ever replay his old shows.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Irish Joe posted:

Like Howard would ever replay his old shows unedited.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Our fat, anal fingered friend is the first person in the Sharknado 2 trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWY4-u9Ewdc

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

EngineerJoe posted:

Our fat, anal fingered friend is the first person in the Sharknado 2 trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWY4-u9Ewdc

I hate Sharknado with a fiery passion - almost as much as Bruce Campbell. lovely movies are not cool. I feel like they're trying to embrace the campiness and terrible CGI/special FX but in the end they're just trying to make money. gently caress'em

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

hunter x az posted:

I hate Sharknado with a fiery passion - almost as much as Bruce Campbell. lovely movies are not cool. I feel like they're trying to embrace the campiness and terrible CGI/special FX but in the end they're just trying to make money. gently caress'em

How can you hate Bruce Campbell? :monocle:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

As someone who doesn't love Bruce Campbell, I can understand... uhh... not loving him. I'm sure he's a nice guy, but it's like he's the poster-guy for 'intentional campiness', and that I do hate.

gently caress Sharknado.

Also Cabin in the Woods. Bleh.

EDIT: gently caress Benjy, as well. Almost forgot.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jul 10, 2014

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

EngineerJoe posted:

Was that Howard Stern Superfan Mark McGrath at the end saying "jump the shark"?

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

Riosan posted:

I've highly enjoyed Mammary Lane and Sternthology as of late. Good poo poo all around.

The Wrap Up Show has been a good holdover, too. I normally don't listen to it on the days when there isn't a main show on as well, but at least it's actual new programming during the 2 weeks Howard's off. It's a nice outlet for the guys who aren't always in studio, plus it's fun hearing them reminisce about old stuff.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

moot the hopple posted:

The Wrap Up Show has been a good holdover, too. I normally don't listen to it on the days when there isn't a main show on as well, but at least it's actual new programming during the 2 weeks Howard's off. It's a nice outlet for the guys who aren't always in studio, plus it's fun hearing them reminisce about old stuff.

There was one WUS a few weeks ago where Ronnie was in the studio talking about movies that made them cry. Richard was his usual funny self talking about King of the Hill and whatever, but I nearly poo poo myself laughing when Ronnie said he cries over Toy Story. I wish I could find a clip of that.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
These two gentlemen right here are the threshold to the next decade. They are getting away from the grunge, from the MTV generation, the rap, the crap, and also the techno music which is very superfluous. Right now, if you give these two gentlemen a chance...Howard, I was listening to the entire segment and you only showed a small segment of their music. If you will only play the entire song and let the whole demographic sus... uh... populace of this entire country respond I strongly feel that your ratings will improve, their ratings will improve, and this beautiful woman on my right, her ratings will improve. Just give the vote to the American people and let them decide because we will win!

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

http://consumerist.com/2014/07/08/crumbs-shuts-down-all-of-its-cupcake-stores/

What will become of the Gary and Artie cupcakes?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

My conclusion is the show really misses Artie and will never be good again. The End.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

I guess now I'll just have to eat pancakes and chocolate shakes

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

euphronius posted:

My conclusion is the show really misses Artie and will never be good again. The End.

Not even. The guy can't use a computer. Unlike Howard who is IBM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5MAg_yWsq8

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Bonzo posted:

I guess now I'll just have to eat pancakes and chocolate shakes

or cookies, candy and cupcakes filled with cream

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Brocktoon posted:

or cookies, candy and cupcakes filled with cream

or mom's chicken sandwiches, and meatballs with noodles. Black and white cookies, their praises he sings...

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

or mom's chicken sandwiches, and meatballs with noodles. Black and white cookies, their praises he sings...

mootzarell balls, he'll eat them like tic tacs and swallow them whole

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

He's gaining so much god drat weight

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

kylej posted:

These two gentlemen right here are the threshold to the next decade. They are getting away from the grunge, from the MTV generation, the rap, the crap, and also the techno music which is very superfluous. Right now, if you give these two gentlemen a chance...Howard, I was listening to the entire segment and you only showed a small segment of their music. If you will only play the entire song and let the whole demographic sus... uh... populace of this entire country respond I strongly feel that your ratings will improve, their ratings will improve, and this beautiful woman on my right, her ratings will improve. Just give the vote to the American people and let them decide because we will win!

The Jesus Twins' manager was hilarious, probably more unintentionally funny than the Twins themselves.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

an adult beverage posted:

The Jesus Twins' manager was hilarious, probably more unintentionally funny than the Twins themselves.

Jonathan Mendelsohn. And speaking of, when I searched Google, I found this:

http://www.amazon.com/Jonathan-Mendelsohn-Signed-Manager-Howard/dp/B00I9IOVKA

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

Sand Monster posted:

Jonathan Mendelsohn. And speaking of, when I searched Google, I found this:

http://www.amazon.com/Jonathan-Mendelsohn-Signed-Manager-Howard/dp/B00I9IOVKA

Jesus, I don't think I'd pay $38 bux for even Howard's autograph, let alone this guy's.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Has Howard touched on the firing of that racist shitheel Anthony Cumia yet?

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

-Atom- posted:

Has Howard touched on the firing of that racist shitheel Anthony Cumia yet?

Looks like he commented on it yesterday:

Mark's Friggin posted:

Howard took a call from Tommy in Malden who said that the stern show vacation thing killed more people. He said this time it killed Anthony Cumia's career. Howard said a lot of people were asking him about that. Howard said the only opinion he's interested in is Opie and why he didn't retire. Howard said that's who people should be asking. Howard said if Robin left he'd leave tomorrow. Howard said he just wants to announce that he loves black people. He said he wouldn't take a picture of a black woman in Times Square. Robin said he tweeted some things and used the term ''savage'' and ''animal.''

Tommy said someone said it should be the Imus and Anthony show. Howard said he doesn't work with the guy but people feel they have to contact him immediately. Tommy said they call Howard old but they're in their 40s, right? Howard said he doesn't know. Tommy said that Anthony had a little talent but Dopey is unbelievable. Howard said it's really irrelevant to him.

Howard let Tommy go and said he is not in charge of anyone's career. He said that he's all for people coming there to work. He said if the company isn't comfortable with someone saying something and they fire him then he has nothing to say. He said he's never heard their show once. He said the only guy whose opinion counts is his on air partner. Howard said he's just saying he'd leave if they fired Robin or Fred. If they fired Benjy he'd feign disappointment and stay at work.

And again briefly this morning:

Mark's Friggin posted:

The caller asked if it bothers him that those guys, Opie and Anthony, talk so much stuff about him and the company keeps them. Howard said he has no comment on Anthony more than he would if they took other shows off channels like the Bruce Springsteen channel. He said he doesn't care about anything else there. Howard said he's in radio, they're in radio and that's where it ends. Howard said Judith Reagan has a show on there but is anyone going to call him about her if she gets fired? Howard said he doesn't need anyone fired if they say something negative about him. He doesn't care.

Howard said it's like assuming all black guys are buddies. Howard said he knows very few people in radio that he associates with. He said Kidd Chris and Chris Booker are about it. Howard said Bubba, Johnny B and Gary Mayer are a couple of others. He said that's it. Howard said he'd like to call Cousin Brucie his friend but they don't get together that much. Howard said he has nothing to do with most people in radio. He said he is the most successful person in radio, hands down, and everyone else is just sort of there. Howard said that's how he views the world. He said if you can't deal with it then go gently caress yourself.

Howard said he doesn't care if a team breaks up. He said they can call them and ask them what they're going to do. Howard said he doesn't care.

Howard said he's friends with Human Newman and Dead Air Dave too. He said he's a good dude too. Howard said that's it for radio guys.

Also, the KoAB theme song is awesome.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Is Bubba still a disaster?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

I'm pretty sure that Tammy Pescatelli comic Jenny McCarthy had on with her is the one Brian Posehn is making fun of in this great clip from The Comedians of Comedy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kDvvQ-Pmeg