Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
We need to do a stupid tournament, where the winner gets a novelty guild position/title. Maybe a hat.

PS; Arena fights are rad, do it. Anyone can do it. Don't do it with Chen or HyC. (Except do they're bad)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Gamerofthegame posted:

We need to do a stupid tournament, where the winner gets a novelty guild position/title. Maybe a hat.

PS; Arena fights are rad, do it. Anyone can do it. Don't do it with Chen or HyC. (Except do they're bad)

Seriously I beat HyC when I didn't know what I was doing. Protip blocking is useful.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

randombattle posted:

Seriously I beat HyC when I didn't know what I was doing. Protip blocking is useful.
My 35 win streak. :negative:

Blocking is important but the reason you won was because I was expecting the same old throw stick hit with stick shaolin then suddenly, oh god why is he spinning kick across the map, dear lord he's immune to grabs 90% of the time I have never seen any of these moves Shaolin. And then you won.

At least we figured out accelerated makes you immune to some cc.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Ahem.

HyC is no god. You are thinking of Dele.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Drinkfist posted:

Ahem.

HyC is no god. You are thinking of Dele.

Dele is my master, that's pretty swell!

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
Does fight clubbing satisfy the whole participate in arena for kung fu pills thing?

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

Dirk the Average posted:

Does fight clubbing satisfy the whole participate in arena for kung fu pills thing?

Yup

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Hy_C posted:

At least we figured out accelerated makes you immune to some cc.

This is actually listed in one of the loading screen tips. At least to the effect that it makes you immune to "all negative speed effects". Which I guess may include roots and grabs? It's not terribly specific.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Liberatore posted:

Congratulations, you're now my crony!

P.S.: Paychecks are disabled. We only get XP for now.

You removed me as your crony :mad:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Guild is level 5, we got room for 30 more people.

We got room for a second in command.

I need someone who can be here to press buttons.

Bored Grunt
Nov 8, 2009

It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain
Dropped PhosWu (Wutang) and applied as Phos (Five Venoms). I bring whips and some puddles to stand in.

Primaris
Feb 15, 2004
11 out of 12 physicians agree I have a large penis.
Applied as Edia hope to see you goons soon. Am lost at 25 with no main questline.

Dry Hump
Sep 14, 2013
Can I get an invite to the goon guild? I'm Grumbo in game.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

The Quake posted:

You removed me as your crony :mad:

I switched characters and then treizebee took the opportunity to ask me for the position!

Primaris posted:

Applied as Edia hope to see you goons soon. Am lost at 25 with no main questline.

If you want to level quickly at this point, run (solo is fine) Attack by Night, normal or swordsman. With double XP, the first normal run will take you from 25 to nearly 28, then a few more runs and you're 34. After 34 it's probably not worth it.

I was able to solo swordsman in 8 minutes, so 25-34 was about 40 minutes with double XP. Which nicely puts the way from 1 to 34 at under 2 hours.

With that said, you shouldn't have ran out of quests at 25. Check your available quests list.

Dry Hump posted:

Can I get an invite to the goon guild? I'm Grumbo in game.

Get to level 20 if you haven't already and apply to the guild at the guild NPC.

Dry Hump
Sep 14, 2013

Liberatore posted:

Get to level 20 if you haven't already and apply to the guild at the guild NPC.

Yeah, I forgot the whole "apply" part of the process. I'm a 30 zephyr, I've sent in my application in game.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I lost the main quest for a little while, there are parts where it doesn't prompt you all that well to talk to the next guy, who is standing by the person you just turned it in at.

As Liberatore said, just check the available quest list by pressing N and going to the tab on the right. I think the main quests are orange.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Guild feasts now cost 25 gold each.

If you would like more feasts, we need more gold.

Do 3 metal gear kidnappings and 3 hijacks for guild funds.

The next upgrade costs 1000 gold, so enjoy.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Is there anything in particular we should do to get hijacking groups besides ask in guild chat? The kidnappings are pretty straight forward (at least the ones I got last night) but I wasn't sure if there was an easy way to get hijack groups.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Primaris posted:

Click on "available quest" on your quest logs. The main story line should take you to closer to 30 and at 37 there are still quests available to me. Check if you did not miss any of the mobility skill quests like "walk on water" and "eagle fall" from the East Lady, since those are not part of the main quest chain.

The bounty board in Harmony Piedmont also give you 15 easy quests a day, rewarding you with hero orders you can exchange for better weapons.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Zaodai posted:

Is there anything in particular we should do to get hijacking groups besides ask in guild chat? The kidnappings are pretty straight forward (at least the ones I got last night) but I wasn't sure if there was an easy way to get hijack groups.

Pretty much that. We tend to get them pretty fast. Also wait for event times are done when people are doing nothing. Like after guild events is fine. Or if you are around early, the noon bamboo.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Third World Reggin posted:

Pretty much that. We tend to get them pretty fast. Also wait for event times are done when people are doing nothing. Like after guild events is fine. Or if you are around early, the noon bamboo.

I don't usually have time to play until around midnight eastern, so I'm not around until well after guild events are done during the week. I'll just make sure I get my kidnaps done each day to contribute and see if anybody else needs Hijacks when I get mine.

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Okay so I made a dumb fuckup, and I'm going to share how dumb I am so no one else does what I did.

After seeing some of the weird poo poo you could put in names (like ★), I hopped around to other servers and made a bunch of characters to test out what can and can not be used in valid names. After loving around with this for a while, I went back to Claymore to make my shaolin alt I'd been looking forward to trying. Apparently I hit the limit of max characters you can have on an account. I think it's 8, but I'll have to check. So I don't get to make an alt for a week while I wait for these garbage test characters to delete.

I contacted support who promptly told me to get hosed. :downs:

Don't be as dumb as I am!

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Zaodai posted:

I don't usually have time to play until around midnight eastern, so I'm not around until well after guild events are done during the week. I'll just make sure I get my kidnaps done each day to contribute and see if anybody else needs Hijacks when I get mine.

Even plain rear end white hijacks still give a ton of xp and guild funds so it's always worth doing. There seems to be plenty of people around at all hours so just ask around when you're on and do some for fun and profit.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

So how's this game turning out as a replacement for Age of Terrible Snail Support?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

So far it is good, we are having space issues.

Also feasts.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

What we should do is get 5 yam piles instead of meat and this other garbage that is not the glory of the yam.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Patch in 15 minutes. Maintenance will last 2+ hours:
http://www.arcgames.com/en/social/forums/#/discussion/2473/swordsman-patch-notes-07-10-14

quote:

Patch notes for July 10, 2014 maintenance:

Guilds Events should now properly activate.
Fixed an issue with the display of prices in various merchant windows.
Additional localization has been added for previously untranslated Chinese text.
A Heart Key is now included within the Female Wedding Pack in the Marketplace.
Wedding Tour Tickets are now available within the Marketplace.
Clarified a number of tooltips for Marketplace items.
Added various measures to combat spamming and botting in-game.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

What are the chances this patch actually does anything to spam or botting.

Hint: none

angellinck
Jul 9, 2014
love it how the screenshot gets me saying " MY DICK" :D And anyone else decideds to challenge me :D

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Where/how do you get stardust?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Cash shop, guild treasure hunt event boxes, blade rain gang.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

angellinck posted:

love it how the screenshot gets me saying " MY DICK" :D And anyone else decideds to challenge me :D

this guy is bad feed his ego

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Third World Reggin posted:

Cash shop, guild treasure hunt event boxes, blade rain gang.
What is blade rain gang? Sounds pretty hardcore.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Kylra posted:

What is blade rain gang? Sounds pretty hardcore.

It isn't and is kinda poo poo but your kind of poo poo.

At every hour on the half hour static npcs spawn and can drop crafting stuff. This includes star dust metal or what not. It is heavily camped and zhoudynasty has their hands on a lot of it, but you can set wind scrolls so you can teleport back and forth and get them.

Your best bet would be to do the treasure hunt and do the western room. It takes 1 person but we can send 3 or 5 for saftey.

A bunch of wisps spawn in a small platform. Static ones and ones that chase players. They hurt a lot if they hit you but I think the ones that chase players don't actually move ontop of you. Fireballs also come from the ceiling and hit the center.

If you survive long enough, the 4 statues in the room can be broken by 1 or 2 basic attacks each. At the end of it, it spawns about 40 or 50 chests that you can loot and these may have the metal in them.

The fires don't go away so a lot of people walk into them and die. But we can have a small group do this at the start while the main group goes east to do the harder stuff.

We will be doing one of these friday, saturday, and sunday.

angellinck
Jul 9, 2014
I think the biggest problem is giving me right now, is the whole blue mats for crafting gear, lately all I can do is craft potion. Which is useless since I'm a shaolin. But I've done countless hero mode dungeons, and not a single lvl 40 blue mat for weapon has been dropped. I hope they change that soon!

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Im going to make 10 more unbound silver if Werkwerk doesn't his furniture this Saturday.

Im betting against this guy. VVVV

Hy_C fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jul 11, 2014

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Hy_C posted:

Im going to make 10 more unbound silver if Werkwerk doesn't his furniture this Saturday.

You're supposed to say who you're betting with. Poor Grith

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Man you never bet on cross country movers. Actually just never use cross country movers just get a pods or something and pay some friends to help you.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

You say this like werkwerk has friends.

Or the muscle mass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

You can patch the client now.

• Locked thread