Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

BloodDesk UnderHell posted:

So, did the captain and business man have anything to do with the plot
No.

quote:

or could the movie just have started on the beach?
Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

BloodDesk UnderHell posted:

or could the movie just have started on the beach?

Which beach? :v:

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Nipplebox posted:

Without a VOD, I'll never get to see it. Hope one is available someday.

They'll probably release an audio commentary, like they did with Starship Troopers; and Sharknado is available on Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Prime, Redbox Instant...from what I understand, Asylum makes a significant portion of its revenue from streaming services.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

There was one thing that hit me when I was watching last night:

When the crew gets to the flight school, everyone is apparently hiding in a closet.

Why? They didn't know about the sharks (or the nado either, apparently, since all the old folks were just chilling in the pool) until Finn told them.

I'm also a little surprised the guys didn't comment on all the times the car was "driving" through a white void.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Evil Mastermind posted:

When the crew gets to the flight school, everyone is apparently hiding in a closet.

Why? They didn't know about the sharks (or the nado either, apparently, since all the old folks were just chilling in the pool) until Finn told them.

I'm also a little surprised the guys didn't comment on all the times the car was "driving" through a white void.

I was also sure they were going to comment on how stock-ariffic the car chase was. That was almost entirely stock footage with a few shots of the hummer thrown in.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Why?

Maybe they were reenacting their favorite south park episode...

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

That Sci-Fi/ECW slide is deep msn.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Mr. Fowl posted:

I was also sure they were going to comment on how stock-ariffic the car chase was. That was almost entirely stock footage with a few shots of the hummer thrown in.

I think at least a fifth of the movie is stock footage, really. Maybe at least a quarter.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

"well I'm in the mood for something light and fun, let's watch the riff of Zindy the Swamp Boy"
*90 minutes later*
:stare:

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Cinematic equivalent of "gently caress it".

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

"well I'm in the mood for something light and fun, let's watch the riff of Zindy the Swamp Boy"
*90 minutes later*
:stare:

It's one of my recent favorites, in part thanks to that ending. Just amazing how dark it is, then you think about it for a minute, and then it gets even more depressing :allears:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Would this campaign film be good riffing material?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xniUoMiHm8g

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
Went to tonight's encore and it was awesome. I think the nitro button was Sharknado's mostly fully realized plot element.

RandomPauI posted:

Would this campaign film be good riffing material?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xniUoMiHm8g

A lot of it would be great but the real footage of people being assaulted kind of ruins it.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
New VOD!
The Last Slumber Party
http://www.rifftrax.com/video/last-slumber-party

quote:

Slumber parties! What could be more terrifying?? Thrill as a rented movie is watched! Chill as a boy someone likes is called and hung up on!! Squirm as ice cream is devoured directly from the container!!!

OK, maybe slumber parties are not actually that terrifying. The one featured in The Last Slumber Party, despite the presence of a scalpel toting psychopath is no exception to this rule. This is because any hint of terror that might arise from the idea of high schoolers being murdered is completely negated by the VHS video quality, amateur sound, and baffling dialogue such as “Who’d you think it was, Shelley Hack?”

It’s the last day of school, and one thing is on everyone’s mind: whether or not they are talking to Shelley Hack. In order to solve this problem, they gather at a friend’s house, where the oblivious parents fail to notice that the boys sneaking in and out of the house are in fact d-bags. All is good and stupid until an escaped lobotomy patient shows up and instantly becomes the most intelligent, well-mannered character in the movie.

The fashion is 80s, the soundtrack is hair metal, the poster on the wall is inexplicably of Sesame Street, and the Shelley Hack references are more abundant than every other RiffTrax we’ve ever done combined. Slip into your footie pajamas and join Mike, Kevin, and Bill for The Last Slumber Party!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Hey, the trailer for this one came up upthread when Terror at Tenkiller was released. They were released on DVD together as a double feature.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

This one sounds loving great. The more 80's the better.

PrinceRandom fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jul 18, 2014

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

PrinceRandom posted:

This one sounds loving great. The more 80's the better.

Oh God, this is going to be tough, The Last Slumber Party is sssssoooooo tedious. I guess there is a lot to make fun of, it features botched gore FX, chase scenes where the girls kind of wander away from the killer, way to many homophobic insults thrown around and a twist ending so awful it makes you want to throw the TV into a lake.

Probably Infected
Feb 17, 2010
College Slice

Slasherfan posted:

Oh God, this is going to be tough, The Last Slumber Party is sssssoooooo tedious. I guess there is a lot to make fun of, it features botched gore FX, chase scenes where the girls kind of wander away from the killer, way to many homophobic insults thrown around and a twist ending so awful it makes you want to throw the TV into a lake.

Sounds perfect.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Wow, the accent work in this film is incredible. This movie is perfect for Rifftrax.

"Snausages?!?"

EDIT: Hahahahaha holy poo poo that ending. My God.

X-O fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jul 19, 2014

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Deadpool posted:

EDIT: Hahahahaha holy poo poo that ending. My God.

Yeah, I actually shouted "oh gently caress you, movie" at that. I may have been drunk at the time.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Nameless Lobotomy Patient is now my favorite villain ever and I'm debating taking a screen shot of his deer-in-head-lights face for an av.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

The Twinkie Czar posted:

A lot of it would be great but the real footage of people being assaulted kind of ruins it.

Would it be possible to edit the violence out and lampshade it?

Bill "I remember seeing this as a kid, they showed police beating people up every five mminutes, it was the longest 30 minutes of my life"
Mike 'I have a hard time believing a cop would do that.'
Kevin 'Besides this only has a twenty minute run time'
-
Bill 'I destinctively remember a scene where blacks were getting by white cops right after that gogo dance scene.'
Mike 'Youre clearly misremembering things. If you learned nothing else from Yambao or Guy from Harlem you'd know that race relations have never been an issue in the US. Especially mid19th century America.'
Bill 'But the march to burmingham, malcom x, the freedom riders...'
Mike 'It was really a golden age.'
-
Bill 'i could have sworn this was longer'
Kevin 'well, I may have practiced my film splicing skills on the film'
Bill 'well why would you do that?'
Kevin 'I need to be ready case I ever return to my first job as a film projectionist'

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
Now that they seem to be taking on 80s slashers, I'd love to see them do Don't Go In The Woods.... Alone ( even though the characters in this movie aren't alone).

The trailer, remember, if you want it chopped off, just take it to the woods!

http://youtu.be/7cPsewoSRA8

Dick And Cherry, probably the most unattractive couple you'll ever see in a horror movie.

http://youtu.be/T-Z93amKyjY

It even has it's own theme song, think of this in tune to Teddy Bears Picnic.

"Don't go into the woods tonight, you probably will be thrilled.
Don't go into the woods tonight, you probably will be killed.
There's a friendly beast that lurks about,
And likes to feast, you won't get out,
Without being killed and chopped up in little pieces."

Probably Infected
Feb 17, 2010
College Slice
The Last Slumber was perfectly awful. That ending was mystifying. Not really sure how a person thinks something like that up.

Just wonderful.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Probably Infected posted:

The Last Slumber was perfectly awful. That ending was mystifying. Not really sure how a person thinks something like that up.

Just wonderful.

Really I think this was the first rifftrax where I was too busy laughing at the movie to even notice the Riffs at first. Did the girls ever even get named? The one in the LSU Jersey (Mike claimed it was a Minnesota Jersey but I can't not see LSU) was just so wonderfully abrasive it was almost endearing.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Look what I just found on tumblr...

e: His Soul Glo is leaking!

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Evil Mastermind posted:

Holy poo poo, that looks like a teen novel from the early '90s!

Also, who the gently caress is that supposed to be in the middle window?

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
When do Canadian tickets for Godzilla go on sale?

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

techknight posted:

When do Canadian tickets for Godzilla go on sale?

They already are.

Everywhere except here. :cry:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Evil Mastermind posted:

Speaking of which, somebody described The Last Slumber Party as being The Guy from Harlem of slasher films. I can't think of a better description.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Ensign_Ricky posted:

They already are.

Everywhere except here. :cry:

Oh weird, it wasn't showing on cineplex.com for me before but it's there now. Sorry it's not at your theatre!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Speaking of which, somebody described The Last Slumber Party as being The Guy from Harlem of slasher films. I can't think of a better description.

If there's a better reason to buy Last Slumber Party, I can't think of it.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

I'm gonna have to say it, aren't I?

:sigh: Okay....

GIVE ME TWO REASONS!

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Get 15% off today only with the coupon code EIGHT!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Last Slumber Party is transcendent in how terrible it is. And there's still like half an hour left. :psyduck:

e: I have absolutely no idea what the gently caress is going on in this movie.

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jul 20, 2014

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Here's a fun thing. Since they're eight years old I decided to look at my shopping history for my first order.

12/11/2007 Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone & Transformers $7.98

I was pretty sure I bought The Fifth Element first though, but I can't find that order number. The site says I own that track though.

vvv Land the helicopter. LAND THE HELICOPTER!

IUG fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jul 20, 2014

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
My first Riff was Jurassic Park.

They need to get Al to do another Riff.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Mine was X-Men. "Mangeto? Cerebro?" still makes me laugh.

Also I've finished watching Last Slumber Party and I'm insane now. Best $10 I ever spent.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

IUG posted:

I was pretty sure I bought The Fifth Element first though, but I can't find that order number. The site says I own that track though.
I think the Order History doesn't go back to the beginning because there's no way this would have been my first:
08/19/2007 Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory $2.99

Good thing I looked at this order history though, because the second thing I bought I have absolutely no recollection of. Nor do I own the video (Lost Series Premiere) so I'm not sure if I've ever seen this.

Sounds like I need to queue up Netflix and order in a well done new york strip. Also the four things I just bought from the sale, I should get a bottle of scotch too once I kick my girlfriend out of her apartment so I can stay there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Evil Mastermind posted:

Last Slumber Party is transcendent in how terrible it is. And there's still like half an hour left. :psyduck:

e: I have absolutely no idea what the gently caress is going on in this movie.

The last half hour is the best part!

• Locked thread