Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Ka0 posted:

Sorry to interrupt all the 3rd party talk for a bit, but you should seriously consider getting PRID "Slicer", I think he's on clearance at bbts

Those are some nice pics and I love that mold...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

CyRaptor posted:

I bet that sixth Fansproject Dinobot is an Ankylosaurus. That way they can do a set of Dinoforce redecos that combine! Or not, but whatever it is, I'm all for more Dinobots.

Planet X Caelus (not-Swoop) was pretty good, but I think these guys will be replacing him and FOC Grimlock on my Classics shelf. Now if only someone would make a decent replacement for the godawful FOC Shockwave, I'd be all set.
Planet X is kind of screwed now, they took way to long to get going on the rest of the Dinobots, and now they're going to take a huge hit. Sludge was probably a bad choice for their second figure, since he's bigger and has one of the hardest dinosaur modes to make fold away. They should have cranked out Slag and Snarl to build up their funds.

There's also talk that their mystery 6th dinobot could be this guy, that mace the silhouette's holding could certainly be a tail club.

Blackheart posted:

Everyone's getting in the paddles craze:

While that looks decent, their other dinos are, um...

It's like they decided to just remake the G1 figures based on blurry photographs. I mean, Sludge looks to have the same immobile forelimbs because of his hands.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

CyRaptor posted:

Now if only someone would make a decent replacement for the godawful FOC Shockwave, I'd be all set.

Hasbro will.

We got a contructabot shockwave, we're bound to get a Voyager or leader down the line. Generations is re-using/re-tooling prime molds something is bound to happen once the movie buzz is all over.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

Hasbro will.

We got a contructabot shockwave, we're bound to get a Voyager or leader down the line.

I mean it's Shockwave, we're gonna get another one eventually, but man you do come up with the weirdest justifications for theories out there.

Ka0 posted:

Sorry to interrupt all the 3rd party talk for a bit, but you should seriously consider getting PRID "Slicer", I think he's on clearance at bbts

Yeah he looks rad as gently caress. In fact most of the dark energons are more than decent, Constructicon-Knockout is super cool too and Voyager Megs looks sharp in black/purple.

I think I have too many versions of that mold already, regular 'jack, BH Angel 'jack and Dead End... a fourth one might be too much.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Don't forget the upcoming Chromedome.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I haven't and there's also Takara Wildrider I guess. It's a nice mold.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I have that mold as Dead end and I would be okay with it as more things. Especially if those things could have guns instead of swords.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Man, I am such a sucker for that red chrome on the new Jetfire. poo poo.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
So wait, is Leader Jetfire a TRU exclusive or not?! As a New Yorker, if he is it's gonna be basically impossible to get him (TRU Times Square is garbage!)

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

DoctorWhat posted:

So wait, is Leader Jetfire a TRU exclusive or not?! As a New Yorker, if he is it's gonna be basically impossible to get him (TRU Times Square is garbage!)

No reason to think so at this point. It has never been mentioned as such.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Ka0 posted:

Send these to Hasbro because these are way better than anything their current photo guy has done at making a thing look cool.

I'm excited for FP Apeface because they are good and cool and make good and cool things. Really want Columpio.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm reading the latest MTMTE and goddamn do they need a better copy editor.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

My vintage colored Mania King shipped. Pretty pumped about this one :)

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

therealjon_ posted:

My vintage colored Mania King shipped. Pretty pumped about this one :)

Why are you enabling Gorilla Arms Dealers?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

DoctorWhat posted:

Why are you enabling Gorilla Arms Dealers?

We have a right to Bear Gorilla Arms.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Endless Mike posted:

I'm reading the latest MTMTE and goddamn do they need a better copy editor.

I noticed that too. After two years of getting my money, though, I'm okay with a few mistakes. I've never noticed any before.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Speaking of the PRiD wheeljack mold, one of my Dead End's elbows is mega loose, and I'm not sure it's the kind of pin you can remove or apply nail polish to. I'm not sure they even sell future floor polish over here, any of you know how I could tighten it?

Based on kao's pictures, it's this joint:

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Not since "fake wheels/chest!!!" have I been so bewildered by a toy gripe as I am by "gorilla arms".

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Not since "fake wheels/chest!!!" have I been so bewildered by a toy gripe as I am by "gorilla arms".

Have you heard of Energon hips?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

strangehamster posted:

Have you heard of Energon hips?

Did you know that "no ankle tilts" has a wonderful plan for your life? Take this pamphlet.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Ankle tilts is something I really appreciate on any toy that has it. I don't think he's serious over the whole gorilla arms thing, I mean I admit I don't really like it either but it hasn't stopped me from buying a good figure.

e: Leader Jetfire up for preorder on BBTS

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jul 11, 2014

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

The lack of wrist swivels I can deal with if they are fixed in a useful position, but releasing a toy with curling-iron arms and expecting it to wield any kind of weapon convincingly is a ridiculous proposition. It's bonkers when it happens on $15 Hasbro toys like AoE Strafe and it's unacceptable on an $80+ figure like Mania King.

I'm not talking about arm proportions, I'm talking about curling-iron elbows. It's insane that anyone anywhere thinks that it's acceptable in any but the most specific of situations.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Well see, Gorilla arms are loving lame and make the figure look stupid when you pose it because the figure stares at you with its 'me no am able to hold firearm' look and then you start stabbing it. And you may never stop until the figure knows peace.

I am going to buy a Strafe though, I think.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
Strafe works because of the rapiers, but if you try to use the crossbow, it all falls apart. But yeah, gorilla arms are like the t-crotch. There's usually no good reason to have such limited range of motion, other than cost cutting.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
gently caress all y'all

Gorilla arms RULE.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
There's your other good reason: actually being on a gorilla.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Rhyno posted:

gently caress all y'all

Gorilla arms RULE.

Optimal Optimus has wrist swivels AND bicep swivels! So even the gorilla doesn't have Gorilla Arms, just a gorilla's arms!

more like :krad: all TFs should have reasonable wrists!

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Rhyno posted:

gently caress all y'all

Gorilla arms RULE.

Ironically, he doesn't have them thanks to wrist swivels :negative:

e: beaten like a gorilla's chest

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

DoctorWhat posted:

Hit up new jersey, all their TRus are always loaded with exclusives. Like no joke half hour outside the city you get on rt 17 and they have a few TRUs there who are always stocked.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

Hit up new jersey, all their TRus are always loaded with exclusives.

Not even MP Grimlock is worth spending time in New Jersey. God, not even remotely livable!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

DoctorWhat posted:

Not even MP Grimlock is worth spending time in New Jersey. God, not even remotely livable!

They have entire shelves of MP guys last I looked. And seemed to have sufficient supply of generations dudes from all waves.

I still have no seen a rattrap or tankor though

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

They have entire shelves of MP guys last I looked.

How much are they asking for MP Grimlock and will you mail him to me? I'm not going into Jersey for the real reason of "I don't have a car (because no one drives in NYC (because there's too much traffic))".

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Did you know that "no ankle tilts" has a wonderful plan for your life? Take this pamphlet.

No ankle tilts is a legit complaint. Feet not flat on the ground looks dumb as hell and limits posing.

Faux parts are generally fine, and make perfect sense with a lot of figures (MP Prime, every movie fig). It's a bit irksome when the real part isn't hidden in some way when the faux part is visible, though.

And wrist swivels...there's just no excuse not to have them. That's so simple.

DoctorWhat posted:

Oh hey go gently caress yourself Maybe uncalled for but Jesus Christ

catch22 fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jul 11, 2014

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

catch22 posted:

No ankle tilts is a legit complaint.

Everyone thinks their pet peeve is legit FYI.

catch22 posted:

And wrist swivels...there's just no excuse not to have them. That's so simple.

Articulation is the most expensive thing about a figure. Unless this falls under the umbrella of "these goddam things are way too cheaply made to retail for $16.99", then budget is the valid excuse.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Yeah man I'm still holding out hope that Takara Leader Jetfire will have painted FAST packs instead of chrome because Hasbro's doing the chrome this time

With rare exceptions, vac metal makes a toy look like you bought it from a stall in Pacific Mall and on the box it said "MiGHTY SUPER LIFE FOURCE" and the name of the guy is "Bust Sporot" and he comes with "ANKLE BITER" and "EQUIPMENCE"

There I said it and I ain't sorry

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Articulation is the most expensive thing about a figure. Unless this falls under the umbrella of "these goddam things are way too cheaply made to retail for $16.99", then budget is the valid excuse.

Is budget an excuse for not molding the hands in a normal way instead of with palms-up?

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Are there any legitimate pet peeves? I understand that these are subjective to the individual, but you act like there is some objective standard by which we determine what ones are and are not legitimate pet peeves. Are you the arbiter of what is and is not a valid criticism of a Transformer?

I stated why I thought no ankle tilts is annoying: it looks bad to me, and it limits one of the functions of the figure. That's fairly reasonable in my eyes, though I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

DoctorWhat posted:

Is budget an excuse for not molding the hands in a normal way instead of with palms-up?

Nah it is pretty silly but it still feels like everyone is having a good old time piling on the "rarr gorilla arms" rage train.

catch22 posted:

Are there any legitimate pet peeves? I understand that these are subjective to the individual, but you act like there is some objective standard by which we determine what ones are and are not legitimate pet peeves. Are you the arbiter of what is and is not a valid criticism of a Transformer?

I stated why I thought no ankle tilts is annoying: it looks bad to me, and it limits one of the functions of the figure. That's fairly reasonable in my eyes, though I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree

I was being flip, sorry. My more thoroughly explained opinion is that all these little things are definitely annoying on a subjective basis. I mean you've probably read my endless whining about "cheap plastic" that very very few people seem to care about as much as I do. They're all equally "valid", definitely. Heck I agree with your ankle tilt issue more than most other examples, I have at least a couple toys that really suffer for it.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Sometimes nice figures have gorilla arms. I played with a buddy's and it didn't bug me one bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Nah it is pretty silly but it still feels like everyone is having a good old time piling on the "rarr gorilla arms" rage train.

I was being flip, sorry. My more thoroughly explained opinion is that all these little things are definitely annoying on a subjective basis. I mean you've probably read my endless whining about "cheap plastic" that very very few people seem to care about as much as I do.

Because the cheap plastic complaint is very subjective. Some people don't even "get" it if you point it out to them with examples. Not having ankle tilts, on the other hand, is quite plainly an objective thing. Whether they impact your decision to buy a figure is a whole different issue, of course, but I'd say not having at least a little give on the ankles in a modern figure is definitely a point in the "do you know what year it is?" column. Wouldn't stop me from buying a retail Hasbro figure I wanted, but I might think twice on an $80+ third party item.

The only time I've found myself caring about gorilla arms has been with the AoE Dinobots. They really put a damper on some of those molds, especially the already problem-laden Voyager Grimlock. Not being able to hold his weapon properly plus gorilla arms? Severely limiting.

Edit: Also, Leader Jetfire has gone up for preorder at BBTS with no comments about a shared exclusive or anything, so I think that notion can be safely put to rest.