Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

JoshTheStampede posted:

I actually wound up marching them all across the land bridge while my ally king of England did all the work for me, but that is mainly because trying to get everyone in boats was cumbersome. It honestly did not occur to me that I could boat them all where they raise and consolidate on the water and now I feel pretty dumb. I had thought I would have to take them ashore and then consolidate on land.

What you could do is make a few micro-dukes -- so basically counts that rule over just their county and have another de-jure count as a vassal -- and then load the troops into the boats where they spawn. If you have a lot of direct count vassals it makes consolidating your troops a lot more troublesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sam.
Jan 1, 2009

"I thought we had something, Shepard. Something real."
:qq:
Some more screenshots from the America mod on observer mode.

The Caribbean Empire is very powerful at the start (10000+ troops), but the mishmash of cultures and religions, elective secession, the heir being a Jamaican Ramsay Snow, constant trade wars with the Confederacy, and occasional raids by Minnesota Vikings aren't good for stability.

(Cartier was called 'the Great' because he managed to hold on to Puerto Rico.)

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

That America mod is awesome, let me play it now, actual playablility be damned

Also, is there any event that causes "the power of Satan let this guy escape your prison" that's not the Spawn of Satan event? I've had 4 people use the power of Satan to escape my dungeons, its an infernal revolving door.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Crusader Kings II: I've had 4 people use the power of Satan to escape my dungeons

iLurk
Jul 25, 2007

Who wants to get PREGNANT?!?

TaurusTorus posted:

Seriously. I'll play test the poo poo out of this mod.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Yep playability and stability can go to the devil for all I care, gimme America.

TheBlackRoija
May 6, 2008

TaurusTorus posted:

Also, is there any event that causes "the power of Satan let this guy escape your prison" that's not the Spawn of Satan event? I've had 4 people use the power of Satan to escape my dungeons, its an infernal revolving door.

I think that event can happen for any possessed character and not just the SoA Demon Spawn

Need No Instruction
Jul 23, 2007
To Know How To Rock
So...I'm fairly new to this game. My demense is 3/6 and everything I read seems to think that maxing your demense size is the best way to go. How do I go about doing that when Expanding/War is not a viable short-mid term option? Should I revoke counties from my vassals? I tried revoking a duke title, but as you can imagine, I didn't get any holdings.

Thanks!

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

TheBlackRoija posted:

I think that event can happen for any possessed character and not just the SoA Demon Spawn

Ah, I thought it was one of those "By the power of Satan, my genitals are restored!" events that the Demon Spawn gets to make sure he's not screwed over by some random crap.

TheBlackRoija
May 6, 2008
I just looked it up in the event files and it looks like it actually triggers for the demon spawn or a character that is both possessed and has the "voice of satan" modifier.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

TaurusTorus posted:

Ah, I thought it was one of those "By the power of Satan, my genitals are restored!" events that the Demon Spawn gets to make sure he's not screwed over by some random crap.
It was added there. It just isn't limited to demon spawn, for some reason.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Paradox, where's my all exclusive Hail Satan-DLC expansion? :colbert:

Gotta create hellparadise on earth in the name of our lord and savior :devil:

-Satanist Heresy now included

e: okay I guess it would be hard to include the eastern seaboard due to the holy site in New Jersey, but computers *are* getting more powerful. We can handle it.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Speaking of Satan I, the Emperor of Alba just won 5 duchies in anatolia plus the kingdom (which I can't usurp yet because the guy is at war which is some bullshit) in a crusade. Any suggestions for how best to handle this? The one time I won a crusade before it was the kingdom of Jerusalem and I ended up vassalizing the templars and those other guys and just giving some duchies+lower titles to them and letting them sort out all the cities and bishoprics but they're already vassalized and this is anatolia. Should I give some to the pope and cash them out begging for money until the vatican is penniless? My dukes are already too bigheaded and try to start poo poo every succession so I don't want to give them poo poo. Where do I get all these new vassals for 60+ titles in loving Anatolia?

Also I started in Ireland and I am Irish so why did it name my empire Alba?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
*looks at map of germany*

SKELETONS

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I never realized the 867 Magyar start was basically the easiest way to get an empire, as well as choose between a few major religions. I formed the Empire of Carpathia before I even ruled Hungary for 5 years. I also have ~half of the Wendish Empire and a good third of the de jure Byzantine empire under my control. I have a shitload of kids and all my vassal kings are my dynasty. This owns.

Also I made all my vassal kings and direct vassal dukes convert to my religion and they promptly imprisoned and revoked all the titles of about half of their subjects. :stare: The AI doesn't gently caress around with religion.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
What the gently caress is up with the Middle-East/India? With the same ruler I've had two hosts of around 50k to 70k men just pop up with no warning at all, how is this fun D:

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Dongattack posted:

What the gently caress is up with the Middle-East/India? With the same ruler I've had two hosts of around 50k to 70k men just pop up with no warning at all, how is this fun D:

You're gonna love the mongols.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Back To 99 posted:

You're gonna love the mongols.

No, i'm prepared for that, that's the whole goal of this playthrough to beat back the Mongols, but even with them you get some warning.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Shadeoses posted:

*looks at map of germany*

SKELETONS

I fear that the skeleton is inside us, all along :ohdear:

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Dongattack posted:

No, i'm prepared for that, that's the whole goal of this playthrough to beat back the Mongols, but even with them you get some warning.

Yeah, you should have gotten the usual warning about an adventurer preparing an attack. Might be a bug or you disabled the event somehow? Could also be the Seljuk invasion?

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Back To 99 posted:

Yeah, you should have gotten the usual warning about an adventurer preparing an attack. Might be a bug or you disabled the event somehow? Could also be the Seljuk invasion?

This. Or the Ghaznavids, which are a special kind of bullshit.

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009

AdjectiveNoun posted:

This. Or the Ghaznavids, which are a special kind of bullshit.

What a troubled region...

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
It's just utterly dumb D:
They are up to 100k troops now in what amounts to a tiny duchy. Biggest legit army the world can field is 30k. At least they are my religion so i can leave them to hopefully decimate India and mop them up with a claimant when i can field a force large enough to take them out.

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jul 11, 2014

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Dongattack posted:

It's just utterly dumb D:
They are up to 100k troops now in what amounts to a tiny duchy. Biggest legit army the world can field is 30k. At least they are my religion so i can leave them to hopefully decimate India and mop them up with a claimant when i can field a force large enough to take them out.

Yeah that sounds like the Ghaznavids, and don't worry they'll just head into India. They are a scripted early game invasion for India.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
I downloaded the GoT mod and installed it, it runs great for about 20 minutes and then silently crashes to desktop, every time. The base game with all DLC runs perfectly for hours with no crashes.

I do have the Steam version of the game and GoT isn't on steam workshop so is that maybe the culprit? Do I just have to wait until it comes out on Workshop?

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010
I seem to reached a cross road here. I am the King of both England and Wales, while one of my cousin got Scotland and Ireland. What should I do? I got around 20k troops ready to fight.
Here is how it looks like atm.

And here is the mess called Europe:

alcaras
Oct 3, 2013

noli timere
Looking for recommendations for starting characters/locations:

1. in Poland, in 867
2. in India, in 867

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

alcaras posted:

Looking for recommendations for starting characters/locations:

1. in Poland, in 867
2. in India, in 867

Poland just start out as the king, I think it's the first Piast, founder of Poland?

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Yeah that sounds like the Ghaznavids, and don't worry they'll just head into India. They are a scripted early game invasion for India.

I just glanced at the event files, for what it's worth I'm pretty sure as long as a Muslim doesn't hold Ghazna province he won't spawn. If a Muslim holds Ghazna between 965-1010, northern India is gonna get overrun easily.

TheBlackRoija
May 6, 2008
In my current game I am the Norse/Norse ruler of the Byzantine Empire, following the inevitable rebellion that happened after pressing my claim I left the orthodox dukes that didn't rebel alone. Well now 100 years later it turns out a catholic Karling got control of Adrianopolis at some point, and between the the 2 counties, gave 5(!) holdings to the Knights Hospitaller. It's going to take forever to weed these jerks out one holding at a time.

Karlings :argh:

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
There is no King of Poland in 867. Essentially all the dukes are fairly evenly matched, so you can pick Piast, the mythical wheelwright-turned-knyaz and founder of the dynasty that would become the first Kings, or just some random dude with two provinces like everyone else. Maybe the Lendzians, or whoever holds Krakow. Remember however that it's defensive pagan land, so your conquests are going to be slow and probably fairly boring.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

TheBlackRoija posted:

In my current game I am the Norse/Norse ruler of the Byzantine Empire, following the inevitable rebellion that happened after pressing my claim I left the orthodox dukes that didn't rebel alone. Well now 100 years later it turns out a catholic Karling got control of Adrianopolis at some point, and between the the 2 counties, gave 5(!) holdings to the Knights Hospitaller. It's going to take forever to weed these jerks out one holding at a time.

I really wish you could press all claims with the justification "gently caress you I have 50,000 screaming berserkers" and/or "gently caress you, you're a Karling" :negative:

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

TheBlackRoija posted:

Just remember, Byzantine Empire gets free ducal revocation.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Is there a way to see the moral authority of other religions? I've been declaring holy war after holy war for centuries and Catholocism has been at 100% for a while. I'd like to see what the Islamic religions are at. What effects does moral authority have?

Sam.
Jan 1, 2009

"I thought we had something, Shepard. Something real."
:qq:

Mister Adequate posted:

Yep playability and stability can go to the devil for all I care, gimme America.

This is where we're at in terms of characters. All the grey areas don't have characters (and many of the places that do have characters don't have families). We don't want to release until we've got characters for everything east of the Mississippi. If we had more people who could add characters, things could go a lot faster.

TheBlackRoija
May 6, 2008

Tsyni posted:

Just remember, Byzantine Empire gets free ducal revocation.

Yeah, I know, but I'd have to revoke counties too in order to give the duchies to norse dudes so I'm just leaving it be until I reform and bump up CA.

alcaras
Oct 3, 2013

noli timere
I wonder if there's anyone working on a Middle Earth mod...

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Sam. posted:

This is where we're at in terms of characters. All the grey areas don't have characters (and many of the places that do have characters don't have families). We don't want to release until we've got characters for everything east of the Mississippi. If we had more people who could add characters, things could go a lot faster.

If I could add characters I would add "The Gang" from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia to Philadelphia. Imagine a county controlled by a gluttonous, greedy, lustful, dwarf.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

JoshTheStampede posted:

I downloaded the GoT mod and installed it, it runs great for about 20 minutes and then silently crashes to desktop, every time. The base game with all DLC runs perfectly for hours with no crashes.

I do have the Steam version of the game and GoT isn't on steam workshop so is that maybe the culprit? Do I just have to wait until it comes out on Workshop?

I've never been able to play the GoT mod without it crashing all the time either, no idea what causes it and I could never fix it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES
Still a bit of a newbie but I've played through the Ireland 1066 tutorial mode and currently on a Norse playthrough, but I'm curious about maybe a Buddhist playthrough as my third. Anyone have suggestions for starting times/characters with mediocre difficulty?

• Locked thread