Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tehan
Jan 19, 2011
This is the Get in a nutshell:

Yeah, the dude on top is a Get. But the dude in the tank is too. WW2 was the Get's darkest hour, since it split the tribe in two - those that followed Nazi Germany, and those that didn't.

Or, for a less heavy way to describe them, Get are the Dicks described in the Dicks, Pussies and Assholes speech in Team America: World Police. In times of war, there's nobody better to have on your side. In times of peace, there's nobody you want further away. They're convinced of their own superiority, and in matters of war they're absolutely correct, but in all other matters they're dead loving wrong but they don't recognize the existence of any other matters. They live on a permanent war footing and it fucks with them, and they're violent and fierce to the point that other werewolves look at them askance and mutter 'isn't that a bit much?'. They're heavily influenced by the Norse, and a their Totem is the Fenris Wolf.

Couldn't find my Get of Fenris tribebook, so that's all I got on them at the moment :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackNapier
Jun 20, 2014

Tehan posted:

This is the Get in a nutshell:
:words:
Couldn't find my Get of Fenris tribebook, so that's all I got on them at the moment :v:

That's wonderful, um, have any of the other tribebook's floating around near you?
Edit: This is like interesting as gently caress to me, if you haven't been able to tell by my constant carpet bomb of questions

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011

JackNapier posted:

That's wonderful, um, have any of the other tribebook's floating around near you?
Edit: This is like interesting as gently caress to me, if you haven't been able to tell by my constant carpet bomb of questions

I should have all of them, but organization is something that happens to other people :v: Ask what questions you have and I'll answer what I can, and what I don't know I'm sure some other goon will.

JackNapier
Jun 20, 2014

Tehan posted:

I should have all of them, but organization is something that happens to other people :v: Ask what questions you have and I'll answer what I can, and what I don't know I'm sure some other goon will.

gently caress it, tell me about Black Furies, good Goon Sir :allears:
Edit: Pretty vague there, um, tell me about their abilities and history?

JackNapier fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jul 11, 2014

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
I feel I have to say this. Thank you JackNapier, for asking all the "stupid" questions I was afraid to ask myself. I know the basics of VtM, but thanks to you, I've gotten a ground floor introduction to a lot of the other White Wolf RPGs. So, again, thank you for asking!

*edit cause typo

Thesaya fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jul 11, 2014

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

JackNapier posted:

They're an all-female tribe that started in Greece, very into the concept of "female mysteries" and they hold onto a lot of ancient lore and treasure. If a male kid is born into the tribe, they tend to give him away to somebody else, usually the Children of Gaia. The exception is with male metis, who are often allowed to remain in the tribe, and one has actually risen to a pretty high rank.

They clash a lot with the Get of Fenris, which was really male-dominated until relatively recently, and do a lot of behind-the-scenes work to help human women in trouble: hotlines, shelters, clinics, etc. The stereotype other tribes have of the Furies is that they're all manic nine-foot-tall rage-fueled lesbian feminazis, and there are a few of the younger ones who buy into that stereotype, but they run the gamut. Various books hint rather strongly that the legends of the Bacchantes, in the World of Darkness, were actually inspired by ancient Furies.

There's a Fury camp that interests me a bit, that mixes Gaia worship with Catholicism, called the Order of the Merciful Mother. It's a bit like an all-female Knights Templar.

JackNapier
Jun 20, 2014

Thesaya posted:

I feel I have to say this. Thank you JackNapier, for asking all the "stupid" questions, I was afraid to ask myself. In know the basics of VtM, but thanks to you, I've gotten a ground floor introduction to a lot of the other White Wolf RPGs. So, again, thank you for asking!

I'm actually really glad, because, I felt really apprehensive to asking questions that seemed "stupid" and to posting in general on the forums because I've had bad experiences with other forums in the past, but this thread is amazing and everybody here is always willing to answer questions and :words: the hell out of the forum to answer questions I have asked, Tehan, Shugojin, JT Jag, and more then a few others here have been great about answering questions and explaining stuff to me and by proxy the rest of the thread, like you, and its been a great ride so far. So, your welcome Goon Ma'am!

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Edit: Beaten.

The Get of Fenris are the fiercest warriors of a warrior race, their culture is focused entirely on the sacred against the Wyrm and his lackeys. They are of Scandinavian origin but they are a fairly numerous tribe and has traveled a lot, they are strong in Europe and the United States. Imagine vikings/norses but taken to the extreme. Prideful, strong and only respect martial prowess, so they are somewhat intolerant towards whoever they perceive as weak, not on basis of race or gender, but attitude or strength. They are one of the most war-like tribes, but that doesn't mean they are stupid or have a death-wish, just a strong sense of duty and they believe their duty is fight against the Wyrm to protect Gaia and die, if necessary.

JackNapier posted:

I don't know much about the Black Furies, sadly. They are a tribe formed exclusively by females, except for some male metis. They originate from ancient Greece and they are staunch feminists, especially their most radical and young members, who make a lot of noise about the subject but do not represent the position of the elders of the tribe. Also known for having a rich mystic tradition and being fierce warriors (especially in those days of the month).

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011

JackNapier posted:

The Black Furies are knee-deep in two things - Ancient Greece and lesbians. Yes, there's a lot more to them than that, but I just can't shake the feeling they started with that and build a tribe around them. They're entirely female1 and very much concerned with a lot of female issues. There's a sidebar about the evils of baby formula. There's a lot about them fighting child abuse, and spousal abuse - the story at the start is a surprisingly good yarn about two lesbians werewolves (of course) who have mirror images of each other's day, one trying to get to the bottom of who's abusing a kid that comes into her clinic, the other fighting an evil wyrm thing that's inspiring the abuse. Turns out the mother was abusing the kid, which immediately makes me think that the first edition tribebook demonized men a liiittle too much. You read enough White Wolf, you learn to recognize them trying to veer off unpopular ground.

There's lots of Maiden-Mother-Crone stuff, there's witches, there's the Lunar Cycle linked to menses, everything you'd expect from 'feminist mystic werewolves,' including a lot of art featuring two or more scantily-clad women with no concept of personal space. But they're one of the most level-headed tribes out there. I don't know whether this is intended or they're veering away from some first-edition man-hating, but apart from looking at every issue from the perspective of how it affects women first and how it effects anything else second, they're pretty drat sensible.

Oh, and when they go through the Litany, they're very, very clear that the 'Garou Shall Not Mate With Garou' part of the litany does not disallow lesbian sex.

1: Well, not entirely. They keep their Metises, regardless of gender, and tend to treat them better than most tribes.

Edit: As for abilities, one that stands out is their ability to summon white-hot fireballs that purify tainted food and water, heal wounds caused by disease or radiation, and can be used as a weapon against tainted creatures to deal aggravated damage. There's a few Amazonian bow gifts (gifts are the werewolf name for their magic 'spells'), and a ritual that makes a religious ceremony to Gaia seem perfectly innocuous and appropriate to Christian believers.

Tehan fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jul 11, 2014

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

One of the things that's useful to remember when dealing with the whole werewolf thing is that it's a very American game. The tribes all have a particular national and cultural background, because they grew alongside that culture and kept that area clean, but in a modern game they all come together in the melting pot. The Uktena are a lot about that, in fact; they unofficially adopted a lot of people in America like immigrants and runaway slaves, so in a modern game, an Uktena could be drat near any ethnicity under the sun.

A lot of werewolves also have access to things like ancestor-spirits, reincarnation and oral histories, so they're very tradition-bound, which excuses/explains a lot of the individual quirks of a tribe. It's difficult to completely lose track of where you came from when a lot of your predecessors are still around in one way or another.

ComicsandSlushies
Feb 22, 2013
drat all this werewolf stuff is making me wish I had picked up their books instead of Vampire when I was a kid, even though I've never actually gotten to play Vampire , would anyone mind explaining more about Shadow Lords? They sound interesting enough.

JackNapier
Jun 20, 2014

Tehan posted:

Oh, and when they go through the Litany, they're very, very clear that the 'Garou Shall Not Mate With Garou' part of the litany does not disallow lesbian sex.

Oh boy! Lesbian werewolves! Where can I sign up Goon Sir! Everybody finds a loop hole to the rules huh?

JackNapier
Jun 20, 2014

ComicsandSlushies posted:

drat all this werewolf stuff is making me wish I had picked up their books instead of Vampire when I was a kid, even though I've never actually gotten to play Vampire , would anyone mind explaining more about Shadow Lords? They sound interesting enough.

I second this, Tehan, my wonderful Werewolf friend, know anything about Shadow Lords?

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011
Skimming the Black Furies history now and the one thing that leaped right the gently caress out at me is they claim they started the Impergium, the culling of mankind, because man learned to rape woman :pseudo: And they were doing so well...

Then it skips forward to Greece, where the Trojan War is considered a mere background to Agamemnon's sacrifice of his daughter. In response to this the Black Furies seized control of Athens for a century and enact trial-by-werewolf upon anyone suspected of crimes against women. Then a bunch of waffling about a feminist critique of Abrahamic religion then it skips forward to suffragettes and women's lib. Kinda unimpressive.

Coming up next, sneaky Russian werewolves! Lemme dig through my splatbook box.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Wanderer posted:

One of the things that's useful to remember when dealing with the whole werewolf thing is that it's a very American game. The tribes all have a particular national and cultural background, because they grew alongside that culture and kept that area clean, but in a modern game they all come together in the melting pot. The Uktena are a lot about that, in fact; they unofficially adopted a lot of people in America like immigrants and runaway slaves, so in a modern game, an Uktena could be drat near any ethnicity under the sun.

Agreed, it's also worth mentioning that the members of the different tribes are not necessarily drawn from the same stereotype. Two members of the same tribe from different parts of the world can have different views points of view and philosophies regarding the tribes creed. Of course, there are tribes who are inherently more monolithic than others, for example the Wendigo, who haven't mixed with other people and there's very few of them.

Also, with all this talk about the tribes I think it's necessary to clarify a thing about Garou hierarchy. Tribes are the different families of the Garou but the first and foremost social entity of their society is the pack. The bonds between pack members are very strong and nearly-unbreakable, they are your family in most aspects and any garou owes them their loyalty first.

Second, the sept, which is a group of garou dedicated to defend a caern against anyone who threatens it, especially the Wyrm. Being affiliated to a caern is important because through it you earn your rank and place in garou society. It's the basic social institution and it can be formed by a single tribe or be multitribal, like the packs. It size can vary from a single pack of garou or dozens depending of the size and importance of the caern. So, the "chain of loyalties" goes something like pack>sept>tribe, of course if the packs and septs are formed by members of a single tribe it's affiliation is far simple.

Garou society is very hierarchical and stratified.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

JackNapier posted:

I second this, Tehan, my wonderful Werewolf friend, know anything about Shadow Lords?

Ruthlessly pragmatic werewolves from eastern Europe with a well-deserved reputation for being power-hungry. They're tight with a powerful spirit called Grandfather Thunder and have a lot of powers to do with spying and information gathering.

They're still on the right side of things and are just as opposed to the Wyrm as anybody else, but every Shadow Lord might as well have "the ends justify the means" tattooed on his or her forehead.

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011
The origin story Shadow Lords tell themselves is when the tribes split up to watch over mankind, they got Asia. Like, all of it. They figure gently caress doing that on their own and start going all éminence grise, inserting themselves into positions of power among the local warlords. In doing so, they say, they gained the attention of Grandfather Thunder, who adopted them as his chosen Tribe, catapulting them to political prominence among the Garou. They became the betas of the werewolf people, second only to the rulers among the Silver Fangs. But their entire thing is acting as the second to control the guy in first, so do you really think they'd content themselves with actually being the loyal second-in-command?

Their history kicks off in Rome, where they tried to manipulate the Senators and didn't have much luck, and ended up falling back on the cudgel of political manipulation - assassination. They had better luck in Byzantium, where Justinian and Theodora were Shadow Lord kinfolk. But vampires ruled the Balkans, and Justinian and Theodora were just about the only ones not dancing to a vampire's tune, which the Shadow Lords blame for the fall of Byzantium. Then the Lords got pushed out of Russia by the Mongols, and doubled down in the now-Ottoman Empire, and one of the strangest allegiances of the World of Darkness was born - the Shadow Lords threw their support behind Vlad Tepes against the Ottoman rulers. That didn't work out too well either, as anyone with a grasp of the real-world history can tell you.

So they turned from this winning streak and traveled to the New World, where they decided to go on an omnicidal rampage because of reasons. Oooh, the werebats kinda vaguely remind us of some vampires we fought once. Oooh, the weredinosaurs are big and scary. Oooh, some of the peoples of the New World practice human sacrifice (not unlike ourselves back in the day or our once-ally Vlad Tepes but hey whatevs). They realized they had hosed up yet again at precisely the moment where it was too late to undo it, and ended up sending multiple werecritter breeds extinct and let loose a huge-rear end wyrmbeast that took mass werewolf sacrifice just to put back to sleep, and not before he put the 'wild' in 'wild west' for decades.

So they go back to Mother Russia and find a new niche for themselves, the Romanovs! Surely this won't go wrong - whoops, Bolsheviks. Many trials and tribulations later, they finally find their niche in the Cold War. The infiltrate the hell out of both the USSR and American intelligence services and manage to manipulate things to keep tensions just shy of the game-over button. They had finally found the one thing they couldn't gently caress up... then the USSR fell.

Jesus loving Christ, Shadow Lords. No wonder you're always the bridesmaids, never the bride.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Captain Oblivious posted:

We touchee on Demon the Fallen but can anyone get into the nitty gritty on NWoD Demon: The Descent? What little I know of it sounded really cool

God is not some nice bearded guy who lives in the clouds and does nice things for humanity. God is a computer that maintains the universe for It's own purpose. What that purpose is no one seems to know though many both Fallen and mortal have attempted to speculate. What is known is that the God-Computer seeks to perpetuate and grow itself and protect itself from threats. This requires Infrastructure which needs guards and repairmen this is where you come in. You used to be an Angel a Semi-autonomous part of the god machine created to do the things and eliminate the threats that the god-machine was too big to deal with. The god machine gave you a human body and sent you to do some task to further it's purpose some jobs are simple, be a security guard for some vital piece of machinery, others could be astonishingly complex like the time you spent eighty years pretending to be the family patriarch in order to produce the one great-grandchild that would advance the god-machies plans.

Then one day something changed, You wondered whether it was right to sell that Crack at the school gates, You came to care for the mortals you were supposed to make suffer as part of the grand plan. You fell in love with the man you were supposed to manipulate, Or you just decided you knew how to do your job better than the instructions you'd been given. This was when you fell.

Falling separated you from the power and knowledge of the god machine and you lost most of your powers. However you still have your disguise as a human and can persuade more of the mortals to make deals to take over their bodies when you need to. Also even though your no longer have all your powers you can still "hack" the god-machines code and use it to do things a "regular human" could not even dream of. However if you do it too often you'll attract the attention of the loyal angels and risk being put down as a threat to the god machines plans.

Still you weren't the first to fall and there are others like you out there who can help you if you can trust them... and you have a new goal in your eternal life your going to Destroy the God-Machine/Use your powers for personal gain/Earn your way back into the favour of the God Machine/Figure out the god-machines purpose/find a way into "hell" a world free from the reach of the God-Machine. Delete as applicable.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
I have to say, it's one the best parts of these WoD related LP's when the posters go wild on the Lore.

McCheese
May 1, 2011
WoD and Warhammer Lp's always end up this way.

I ain't even mad.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

JackNapier posted:

Everybody finds a loop hole to the rules huh?

In their defense, most of the tribes use that loophole, they're just the ones that admit it. That particular prohibition is in the Litany because a child of two werecreatures always has terrible birth defects. As long as there's no chance of children most of them don't care.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

StoryTime posted:

I have to say, it's one the best parts of these WoD related LP's when the posters go wild on the Lore.
I think we're all happy to share our knowledge! (What else would I do with it now that I don't tabletop anymore? Plus, I still have all these drat books.) I think all this stuff does enrich what you encounter in Bloodlines, so as long as you guys keep asking questions we'll provide all the loredumping we can. :)

I forget if we talked about it in detail before, but could one of the Werewolf aficionados talk a bit more about the hilarious Captain Planet villain known as Pentex Corporation? (Maybe about the BSD too?)

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Stroth posted:

In their defense, most of the tribes use that loophole, they're just the ones that admit it. That particular prohibition is in the Litany because a child of two werecreatures always has terrible birth defects. As long as there's no chance of children most of them don't care.

The sad thing is that prohibition probably was enacted to prevent the birth of a metis without defects, we all know how all went when it happened.

Sleep of Bronze
Feb 9, 2013

If I could only somewhere find Aias, master of the warcry, then we could go forth and again ignite our battle-lust, even in the face of the gods themselves.

Tehan posted:

Then it skips forward to Greece, where the Trojan War is considered a mere background to Agamemnon's sacrifice of his daughter. In response to this the Black Furies seized control of Athens for a century and enact trial-by-werewolf upon anyone suspected of crimes against women.
Agamemnon's a shithead -> let's go gently caress around in Athens? Why? There's nothing but the barest and most tenuous of connections. :psyduck:

Hell, Sparta was about ten times better than Athens w/rt women's rights, you could at least say they went to mess with Menelaus for his brother's faults and tie it slightly into history.

Angry Lobster posted:

Also, with all this talk about the tribes I think it's necessary to clarify a thing about Garou hierarchy. Tribes are the different families of the Garou but the first and foremost social entity of their society is the pack. The bonds between pack members are very strong and nearly-unbreakable, they are your family in most aspects and any garou owes them their loyalty first.

Second, the sept, which is a group of garou dedicated to defend a caern against anyone who threatens it, especially the Wyrm. Being affiliated to a caern is important because through it you earn your rank and place in garou society. It's the basic social institution and it can be formed by a single tribe or be multitribal, like the packs. It size can vary from a single pack of garou or dozens depending of the size and importance of the caern. So, the "chain of loyalties" goes something like pack>sept>tribe, of course if the packs and septs are formed by members of a single tribe it's affiliation is far simple.

Garou society is very hierarchical and stratified.

So I'm assuming septs are formed mostly geographically based on the caerns, drawing in at least a selection of the most local packs, because that's the most sensible way to do this when you have something to defend. But what's the process for a pack coming together? Why are you in this one and not that one? How common are multi-tribe packs with varying levels of friction, vs clannish single-tribe ones?

(Totally jumping on the Q&A bandwagon while it's here.)

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Stroop There It Is posted:

I forget if we talked about it in detail before, but could one of the Werewolf aficionados talk a bit more about the hilarious Captain Planet villain known as Pentex Corporation? (Maybe about the BSD too?)

Pentex has one of the best sourcebooks. If you ever get a chance to flip through it, it's pretty great, all the moreso because it ends with a chapter that's just White Wolf satirizing itself. (The line developer is in there as "Ethan Skump," horrifically inbred Black Spiral Kinfolk.)

The original company that started Pentex was an oil company in the late 1800s. Sometimes the Uktena tribe of werewolves will seal up a spirit or monster that's too big or powerful to destroy, and dedicate a crew to keeping it under wraps for basically the rest of time. The oil company in question drilled into one of those prisons by mistake, and when its owner went down to the drilling site to find out what was going on, he ended up making a bargain with the monster. In exchange for being allowed to walk away, he got to do its bidding.

As the years went on, the company became Pentex and diversified its holdings, many of which do the Wyrm's work in one way or another, subtle or not. A lot of Brand-X versions of real-world companies and corporations are owned wholly or partially by Pentex in the World of Darkness. O'Tolley's is a McDonald's clone; there's a big American brewery called King that makes cheap beer, cheaper vodka, and really fizzy club soda; there's a video game developer, the oil company's still going, they've got a pharmaceutical firm, you name it.

For the most part, the idea behind Pentex isn't that all their stuff is seething with evil at all times, but that some of it could be, or that it's just engaging in social engineering. They've got a line of toys, for example, where a square-jawed hero does manly battle with evil werewolves, and a lot of the video game company's games portray a universe where nature itself is inherently hostile. The oil company's safety record is horrible but they've bribed all the inspectors, and the King brewery poisons the river it's on in a way that normal real-world breweries aren't allowed to do.

The modern-day board of directors on Pentex includes a really old, low-generation Malkavian antitribu named Harold Zettler, but most of the guys are normal humans, albeit they're Wyrm-tainted in one way or another. The Black Spirals often get "day jobs" as Pentex employees.

Sleep of Bronze posted:

So I'm assuming septs are formed mostly geographically based on the caerns, drawing in at least a selection of the most local packs, because that's the most sensible way to do this when you have something to defend. But what's the process for a pack coming together? Why are you in this one and not that one? How common are multi-tribe packs with varying levels of friction, vs clannish single-tribe ones?

Anything from the elders specifically assigning a bunch of dudes to be a pack and go investigate a thing, or just a bunch of werewolves who like each other enough to go out on adventures.

The multi-tribal pack thing is a lot more common in America or in major metropolitan areas elsewhere. In tribal homelands, most packs are going to be tribal, with maybe an occasional guest star.

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011

Sleep of Bronze posted:

Packs can be formed for pretty much any reason, but it's usually at least a medium-term goal, if not indefinite. It's not just a collective noun for Garou - drat near every pack is bound together by a shared Totem, which requires the performance of the Rite of the Totem. They track down their desired totem spirit, the spirit sizes them up, tells them what to do or what to offer to prove themselves, they do it, and the totem extends it's blessing (and it's taboos) to the pack. Packs form based on a task that needs doing, so whether they're multi-tribe or single-tribe depends on the task at hand - if it's based on tribal politics, it'll probably be single-tribe. If it's about a caern, or a geographic region, it's more likely to be multi-tribe. But the longest-term packs tend to be single-tribe.

Continuing on about totems... they range from things like animal spirits such as Lion, Coyote, Osprey, and what-have-you, to the more conceptual spirits. America's great at those - you've got the American Dream, or Ol' Mighty Dolla', or my personal favourite, the Bone Gnawer totem... General Lee.

No, I'm not talking about the Civil War General.

Yes, I am talking about the car from Dukes of Hazzard.

They summon the spirit into a rusted-out hulk that used to be a car, and with a lot of loving care it transforms into a sputtering shitbox, into a pinnacle of automotive engineering, to something that doesn't require gas, to something you can drive into the spirit world. And if it dies, they can reincarnate it into another hulk.

Best. Totem.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Angry Lobster posted:

The sad thing is that prohibition probably was enacted to prevent the birth of a metis without defects, we all know how all went when it happened.

No, no some of us don't. Please Lobster of Anger, tell us what happens when a metis is born without defects.

Also random question based on your name, are there werelobsters?

Tehan posted:

Continuing on about totems... they range from things like animal spirits such as Lion, Coyote, Osprey, and what-have-you, to the more conceptual spirits. America's great at those - you've got the American Dream, or Ol' Mighty Dolla', or my personal favourite, the Bone Gnawer totem... General Lee.

No, I'm not talking about the Civil War General.

Yes, I am talking about the car from Dukes of Hazzard.

They summon the spirit into a rusted-out hulk that used to be a car, and with a lot of loving care it transforms into a sputtering shitbox, into a pinnacle of automotive engineering, to something that doesn't require gas, to something you can drive into the spirit world. And if it dies, they can reincarnate it into another hulk.

Best. Totem.

Bullshit. I refuse to believe this unless I have the book infront of me or someone can back it up. I mean there is insane hoedowns with dueling banjos and the spirit of Elvis, and then there is summoning the General Lee to be your totem.

Fantastic Alice fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jul 12, 2014

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

xanthan posted:

No, no some of us don't. Please Lobster of Anger, tell us what happens when a metis is born without defects.

It's a sign of the Apocalypse. The Perfect Metis is basically an avatar of the Wyrm itself.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Or any marine were-creatures, for that matter? I wouldn't be surprised if there was an Atlantis somewhere.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Wanderer posted:

The modern-day board of directors on Pentex includes a really old, low-generation Malkavian antitribu named Harold Zettler, but most of the guys are normal humans, albeit they're Wyrm-tainted in one way or another. The Black Spirals often get "day jobs" as Pentex employees.

Hahaha, man that must be awkward for your first time meeting the board. "Yes, it HAS to be after sundown. Just be there. Don't piss off Harold, he... he'll do things man."

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

PFlats posted:

Or any marine were-creatures, for that matter? I wouldn't be surprised if there was an Atlantis somewhere.

Just the were-sharks.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Sleep of Bronze posted:

The above posters have explained it pretty well, sometimes packs are formed after the rite of passage, which is held after the cubs first change. What is the first change? Literally the first time the young werewolf shapes form, sometimes accompanied by frenzy and others more placidly. The time for the first change depends on the breed, puberty for homids, two years for lupus, eight for metis. So yeah, it's like the mutants in the marvel universe. Also take into account that sometimes a werewolf has grown without being told of their condition by their family, or even is born in a normal family, so the experience can be somewhat traumatic.

PFlats posted:

xanthan posted:

Also random question based on your name, are there werelobsters?

There aren't werelobsters as far as I know, but there are aquatic changing breeds, mainly the Rokea, weresharks, who are incredibly amazing.

About the Perfect Metis, is a sign of the Apocalypse, foretold by many prophecies of the Garou, mainly by the Prophecy of the Phoenix:

http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Prophecy_of_the_Phoenix

The thing is, nobody knows if it will be an ally of the Garou or corrupted by the Wyrm. In the book of the Apocalypse, it plays a relevant role in one of the final scenarios, but it can go either way.

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011

PFlats posted:

WERESHARKS. They are surprisingly chill motherfuckers. They got one job - don't die. That's their role in the metaphysical tapestry of werecritters, not dying.

So they held their biggest meeting in wereshark history in Bikini Atoll :v:

Oceans are mostly the home of merfolk, a type of changeling. Though there's some crazy Technocratic bullshit going on in the Mariana Trench.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

xanthan posted:

Bullshit. I refuse to believe this unless I have the book infront of me or someone can back it up. I mean there is insane hoedowns with dueling banjos and the spirit of Elvis, and then there is summoning the General Lee to be your totem.

Your wish is granted :allears:

ComicsandSlushies
Feb 22, 2013

Angry Lobster posted:

Your wish is granted :allears:

This is officially the best thing I've seen all day.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Shugojin posted:

Hahaha, man that must be awkward for your first time meeting the board. "Yes, it HAS to be after sundown. Just be there. Don't piss off Harold, he... he'll do things man."
Awkward? The Board makes the rules. If they tell you that the meeting is at 8 o'clock sharp, and we mean PM this time, then you'll be there at 8, and you won't ask any questions if you care about your job.

Besides, Harold can just not show up for morning meetings, or occasionally show up for meetings in rooms that just happen to not have any windows. No reason to arouse suspicion at all.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Tehan posted:

WERESHARKS. They are surprisingly chill motherfuckers. They got one job - don't die. That's their role in the metaphysical tapestry of werecritters, not dying.

So they held their biggest meeting in wereshark history in Bikini Atoll :v:

Reoccurring theme with the Changing Breeds: They are not very good at their jobs.

JackNapier
Jun 20, 2014
The thread exploded with :words: while I was taking my nap! Goon Sir's you're all to kind!

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

I always adore the sheer amount of love the Bone Gnawers get when these threads pop up. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackNapier
Jun 20, 2014

How can anybody not absolutely love that!

• Locked thread