Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

Wazzit posted:

There is still a really decent sized player base on Xbox One. I've had no problems finding Attrition, Hardpoint or even Marked for Death lobbies.

Unfortunately don't know that many Xbone Goons that play besides Papa Javes, Beastwood and Knightprojekt.

What's your Gamertag? Hit me up and I might play... I don't feel like playing Ghosts anymore now that I'm 10th prestige. I've also got the season pass.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Napolean Bonerfarts posted:

What's your Gamertag? Hit me up and I might play... I don't feel like playing Ghosts anymore now that I'm 10th prestige. I've also got the season pass.

Wazzit

And I have the Ghosts Season Pass too. :shepicide:

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Lblitzer posted:

He's been bitter since Super Monday Night Combat took a poo poo in 2012. But like he said, it's been a hell of a ride. Super fun game.

Honestly though I'm surprised with how much flak this game has gotten in terms of community size. IMO it's a much better game than BF3, CoD, and maybe BF4 (If I'd played it more). It's sometimes rough around the edges but honestly it is a super fun team based shooter and probably the most fun I'd had playing with goons since the SMNC pub stomp days.
IMO it's problem is that it's to small of a game to hold people for to long. Sure the matches are fun but after your umpteenth attrition on Colony you just get bored.

At least with BF3/4 you had different experiences because there were enough players that you'd end up with stalemates at choke points, and you could do stupid stuff like knocking a tank into the air to shoot down a fighter.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Certain times of the day I just can't find games. I still play regularly but it's getting harder and harder to find games let alone games with people who are any good at playing.

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

CANNOT STOP SHITPOSTING FOR FIVE MINUTES
It didn't have the clout of COD or the content of Battlefield. The ironic thing is it was better than both of those games by miles. It didn't get picked up largely because it was so... odd. No single player campaign, and a fast paced, vertical based infantry warfare game with giant robots. On paper to me that sounds amazing. But to most other people it doesn't.

Also it lacked any significant matchmaking. We always enjoyed it because we were flying high stomping pubs but imagine being on the other end of that. How many players quit because they were on the receiving end of countless stomps?

The game was great, it did a lot of things more shooters need to take note of. And people will continue to play it for some time but the population will continue to dwindle and the only people left will be the competitive tryhards (AKA us). It is effectively dead from the standpoint of how many players a MP game should have, but its alive in that is zombie corpse will remain for probably a year or so. Much like SMNC did.

Besides we're all playing CS:GO you nerds. If you want a real challenge you should man the gently caress up.

edit: Lots of this is aimed at the PC release which already was at a faulty footing because the games core demo was console players. The console scene could very well stay much more active for a long time if I had to guess.

ScienceAndMusic fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jul 11, 2014

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I'm trying to get it again on Xbone. I didn't realize some goons still played it.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

quote:

Besides we're all playing CS:GO you nerds. If you want a real challenge you should man the gently caress up.

Maybe some of us don't like counterstrike.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

ScienceAndMusic posted:

Also it lacked any significant matchmaking. We always enjoyed it because we were flying high stomping pubs but imagine being on the other end of that. How many players quit because they were on the receiving end of countless stomps?

That would be my experience.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

I don't feel like playing Ghosts anymore now that I'm 10th prestige. I've also got the season pass.

Wazzit posted:

And I have the Ghosts Season Pass too. :shepicide:

Holy shitballs. I wonder what it must be like to hate yourself that much.

For XBone Gold subscribers, TitanFall is currently $39.99 on the digital store. And no, I haven't had any issues finding games.

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

Night Blade posted:

Maybe some of us don't like counterstrike.

Maybe some of us don't like titanfall :colbert:

Comedy option: I too would hate it if I were as bad as you.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Anybody who thinks they aren't garbage at CS is deluded

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Charles Martel posted:

Holy shitballs. I wonder what it must be like to hate yourself that much.
Imaging having also bought Ghosts digitally so you can't even trade it in.

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

Lemming posted:

Anybody who thinks they aren't garbage at CS is deluded

Lemming are you still upset because everyone in mumble hates you?

Also I dropped a 30 bomb against people two ranks above me the other day, so call me delusional :smug:

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

ScienceAndMusic posted:

You are dumb and your butt is fart.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

ScienceAndMusic posted:

Also I dropped a 30 bomb against people two ranks above me the other day, so call me delusional :smug:

all of your posts are embarrassingly bad and really difficult to read

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

Night Blade posted:

You are dumb and your butt is fart.

:(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRGd0gD0QNE&t=31s

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF
I'm RiotGearEpsilon on Origin, come shoot me for not lurking enough.

editor
Feb 4, 2007

ScienceAndMusic posted:

Stop posting.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

ScienceAndMusic posted:

You know, there are more people who post in the thread than hang out on mumble, so you should be upset too.

Personally I think Titanfall did really well. How many MP only shooters get this much traction and following and keep it for months? Considering it's essentially a prototype as well, They've done well with it. Obviously EAs millions of marketing dollars will have helped, but they made a fun thing. I'm excited to see what they do going forward with Titanfall2 or whatever. A lot of the mistakes that got made here with balance and whatnot should be good off the bat and hopefully it'll do even better.

Having said that I think I'm slightly blown out on MP games, having played a bunch of Ghosts and then TF, now when I think about sttarting TF up I think :effort: and go play Watch dogs or Wolf:TNO instead.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Hey guys, is the game dead yet? It's been a page and I need an update. Thanks.

Trisk
Feb 12, 2005

Sire Oblivion posted:

It's not dead. I just fragged noobs for an hour with a buddy in Marked For Death and I had a good time. I also got an Amped Vortex Shield for the first time which was surprisingly fun and I never use vortex shield cause I'm a baddy.

Edit:

Titanfall CTF Tournament finishing up on Sunday night:
http://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/2a89uf/2nd_post_1000_na_tfall_ctf_showdown/

Cash prizes and it's being front paged on Twitch!

Trisk fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Jul 12, 2014

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

Trisk posted:

It's not dead. I just fragged noobs for an hour with a buddy in Marked For Death and I had a good time. I also got an Amped Vortex Shield for the first time which was surprisingly fun and I never use vortex shield cause I'm a baddy.

Edit:

Titanfall CTF Tournament finishing up on Sunday night:
http://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/2a89uf/2nd_post_1000_na_tfall_ctf_showdown/

Cash prizes and it's being front paged on Twitch!

Nuh-uh, game is as dead as the smart pistol is good :colbert:.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

If you're on console and someone is talking about how the game died quickly just assume they're on PC and you can ignore them

(This advice applies to all multiplayer FPS games)

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Is that because console players only get to play a few games and therefore play them for longer because they have no choice but to pay eleventy billion dollars for each game? :smuggo:

Genuinely though, that might be a factor. That and the fact that there really is less choice. PC has a wealth of PC only indie stuff. I know there is some on PSN and XBLA but nowhere near as much. And we ALL have ADD.

MrBond
Feb 19, 2004

FYI, Cheese NIPS are not the same as Cheez ITS
Last time I played on PC there were more gen 1 players than other. I think the free weekend and sales are working to some extent, at least on the west coast.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

AirRaid posted:

Is that because console players only get to play a few games and therefore play them for longer because they have no choice but to pay eleventy billion dollars for each game? :smuggo:
Genuinely though, that might be a factor. That and the fact that there really is less choice. PC has a wealth of PC only indie stuff. I know there is some on PSN and XBLA but nowhere near as much. And we ALL have ADD.
Back in the day when I played Quakeworld, UT etc. I didn't like to jump around from multiplayer game to another, I liked to play one thing for a long while. I think most COD & Battlefield players are like that. That's why the whole yearly COD thing actually works out, despite how much everyone complains about it.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Sire Oblivion posted:

Almost. I guess you could say it's . . . Marked For Death :downsrim:

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

I like that for every one post I make there are about five posts complaining about my post. It must be especially upsetting because I continue to be technically correct.

Also there ain't no shame on phasing the new Wolfenstein, game is all around good.

Also in no way would I be upset the game is dead. I got hundreds of hours of solid play out of it. For some people in here though they have nothing left to cling to so they'll grab ahold as it sinks into the ocean claiming all the while it's unsinkable!

Except, of course, consoles. That poo poo will be populated for a long time because there aren't any other games (lol next gen).

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

No one cares if your opinion is right or wrong they just hate your awful posting.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

AirRaid posted:

It's actually because console gamers have more time to actually play games because they're not searching the internet for beta video card drivers or editing .ini file settings every time a new game comes out :laugh:

Game is alive and well on xbone. I've been on holidays for a couple of weeks and have played a few hours a day with plenty of gen 1 players. No trouble finding games whatsoever. Had the new maps come up in normal rotation quite often too which was a pleasant surprise, to the point where I'd groan every time swamplands came up.

monkeu fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jul 13, 2014

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

monkeu posted:

It's actually because console gamers have more time to actually play games because they're not searching the internet for beta video card drivers or editing .ini file settings every time a new game comes out :laugh:

I still can't believe that was ever actually a thing people actually had to do, yet the horror stories still hold on.

Fair to Midland
Jan 13, 2010

by Cowcaster
I've been out of the loop so how bored is everyone with the shallow content and how many hate the Titans? I heard it was mostly everyone.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I still can't believe that was ever actually a thing people actually had to do, yet the horror stories still hold on.
It's way way better than it used to be of course. But I remember years ago (around the Duke 3D era) explaining to my friend's wife all the stupid hoops I had to jump through to get a stupid game running on his computer and I though "wow what am I doing with my life"

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

monkeu posted:

Game is alive and well on xbone. I've been on holidays for a couple of weeks and have played a few hours a day with plenty of gen 1 players. No trouble finding games whatsoever. Had the new maps come up in normal rotation quite often too which was a pleasant surprise, to the point where I'd groan every time swamplands came up.

If you have to download new beta drivers every time a new game comes out then you should probably just stick to consoles.

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

I pretty much get games to just work but had a surprisingly hard time with titan fall. Forever I would randomly lose connections to servers after loading a map and only just a month ago realized that reducing textures from ultra to high changed it. Game was pretty badly ported.

edit: My poo poo posting days are over, I'm so sorry to everyone. Its gonna be nothing but grade A posts from here on out.

ScienceAndMusic fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jul 13, 2014

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

ScienceAndMusic posted:

I pretty much get games to just work but had a surprisingly hard time with titan fall. Forever I would randomly lose connections to servers after loading a map and only just a month ago realized that reducing textures from ultra to high changed it. Game was pretty badly ported.

edit: My poo poo posting days are over, I'm so sorry to everyone. Its gonna be nothing but grade A posts from here on out.

OK I'll say it, this is actually a solid tip. Ultra textures break so much stuff it doesn't even make sense. And they don't even look that much better than high.

MrBond
Feb 19, 2004

FYI, Cheese NIPS are not the same as Cheez ITS

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Right now I can't voice chat in TF PC because of something hosed up with my audio card drivers :(

Anyway these days I'm splitting my time on PC vs xbone because I'm playing with a friend on PC now. West coast PC is definitely a lighter crowd than on xbone but you can still find full rooms for attrition/hardpoint during peak times, and I'm pleasantly surprised at the number of gen 1s that are playing. I may have been able to steamroll a team of gen 1s last night when most times I'm the one getting stomped, so the matchmaking may still need some love…

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

I do have to say, I miss the nightly stomps we all had. We ruled Titanfall, it was fun to have so many bro's just stomping face together. Then we stopped playing so much. Then we started arguing about Moba's. Next thing you know, everyone's gone, and there is nothing to play :(

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Dark Souls 2 and Payday 2 are super good! That's what happened to me and this game. Steam sale is probably a big reason for player flux, Gaben doth giveth and taketh away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

]-[ate_Sandwich
Nov 27, 2000

ScienceAndMusic posted:

I do have to say, I miss the nightly stomps we all had. We ruled Titanfall, it was fun to have so many bro's just stomping face together. Then we stopped playing so much. Then we started arguing about Moba's. Next thing you know, everyone's gone, and there is nothing to play :(

I've been playing recently. If you're on Origin add me. I'm BortProfessor. I've been missing the goons too.

• Locked thread